sakis25

Fuel Script V 0.8 Mod by Sakis25

updated 11-6-15

The first fuel mod for GTA V!

Features:

Fuel bar above the minimap

Engine stops if you run out of fuel

To refill fuel stop the car near a petrol station and sound the horn

You can also refill your car using the jerry can (hold L near vehicle)

Car fuel is stored for the last 10 vehicles

When you run low on gas the fuel bar turns red

Blips with petrol station locations on map

Map with petrol station locations included in archive

What's New in 0.8:

- New fuel bar design and colors

- Fuel consumption is now working only if you are in driver's seat

- If you run out of fuel a text is displayed above the fuel bar

- Bug fixes

Requirements:

To Do:

- Add animations when using the jerry can

Special Thanks:

- haws1290

- Daxwolf

- faztsquirrel

- headscript

Installation Instructions:

1. Make sure you have the above requirements first

2. Extract "FuelScriptV 0.8.zip" in the GTA 5 Folder

3. Make sure "FuelScriptV.lua" is in the "scripts\addins\" folder

4. Enjoy!

Support:

PLEASE REPORT ANY BUGS IF ANY

Download:

FuelScriptV 0.8.zip

Mirror 1

Update 19-9-18

I was interested in bringing back this mod by converting it to C# and making it a more native mod without the need of LUA Plugin.

Converting it to C# will give me more options like making a proper fuel bar that stays automatically above the minimap, native UI and better input options and more.

But I don't have much experience in C# so it would take a lot of time if I try to make it myself.

So if you are interested and would like to see this mod improve and you are experienced with C# send me a pm so we can work together.

9aalhy.jpg

Petrol Stations Map:

R939OZT.jpg?1

Edited by sakis25

jedijosh920

Good job! I always like being immersive in the world of Los Santos, even if it comes to car fuel.

Edited by jedijosh920

jfarre20

Does the 1st person fuel gauge work? I know it does when you shoot the fuel tank.

alteredbeast

Thanks sakis25, I was waiting for that kind of mods. Hope you will find a way to make the first person fuel gauge working (but it sounds hard to do...).

As a sugestion, maybe, once you have implemented the gas stations, you can decrease a certain amount of money everytime we refill (if it's to hard to do, just ignore my sugestion).

calvooo

Woow, thats awesome. Cant wait to add fuel stations.

And how long it takes to spend all the fuel?

flnyla

Does the 1st person fuel gauge work? I know it does when you shoot the fuel tank.

This. I wonder the same myself.

alteredbeast

Mmmh, just tested and it doesn't seem to work...

I use the last Lua script from here, and Szabo's Persistance Mod (which also uses lua and still works perfect). Don't know what's the problem...

PatrickJr.

Mmmh, just tested and it doesn't seem to work...

I use the last Lua script from here, and Szabo's Persistance Mod (which also uses lua and still works perfect). Don't know what's the problem...

Well if you've updated to the latest version of GTA:V That will be the problem

slik

I assume your gas bar has the same problem as mine: not default Safezone size value from the settings breaks it..

Edited by slik

LordJustin

There are a lot of gas stations everywhere, like the one on the end of Paleto bay, near the LSCustom. It could be fun if they were available too in your mod.

How can we contribute ? what kind of info do you need about the location? coordinates?
I'll be spotting these while crusing around :)

gta5mods

There are a lot of gas stations everywhere, like the one on the end of Paleto bay, near the LSCustom. It could be fun if they were available too in your mod.

How can we contribute ? what kind of info do you need about the location? coordinates?

I'll be spotting these while crusing around :)

I actually sent a link where all the gas station locations are :) But coordinates would be great, I assume!

Fix for the mod: Safezone problem where the fuel bar is out of screen.

alteredbeast

Well if you've updated to the latest version of GTA:V That will be the problem

I haven't updated the game (I even shared my files for those who wanted to downgrade the retail version of the game)

xXSimonGhostxX

Then we need OPENIV For da job

vithepunisher

Doesn't work did everything correctly and nothing :/

sakis25

Thanks sakis25, I was waiting for that kind of mods. Hope you will find a way to make the first person fuel gauge working (but it sounds hard to do...).

As a sugestion, maybe, once you have implemented the gas stations, you can decrease a certain amount of money everytime we refill (if it's to hard to do, just ignore my sugestion).

I don't have any control on the first person fuel gauge. The only option to this is a check if the fuel tank is damaged. There is no fuel percentage or anything in the scripts.

Currently I'm working on adding more fuel stations. I'm also trying to find a way to decrease your money when you refill but no progress to this yet. I will need some help for this.

For those who can't make it work it's probably because you have updated the game to the latest version.

Edited by sakis25

gta5mods

I don't have any control on the first person fuel gauge. The only option to this is a check if the fuel tank is damaged. There is no fuel percentage or anything in the scripts.

Currently I'm working on adding more fuel stations. I'm also trying to find a way to decrease your money when you refill but no progress to this yet. I will need some help for this.

For those who can't make it work it's probably because you have updated the game to the latest version.

What about fixing the safezone problem?

t9x69

I have downgraded my game after the latest patch and all my script mods work except for this one. Has anyone outside the OP have this confirmed as working? I'd love to try it out.

EnforcerZhukov

OMG!!! I wanted a fuel script for GTA V!!! Great work! ^^

sakis25

What about fixing the safezone problem?

I'm not quite sure how to fix the safezone. I tested this on 720p and 1080p and it works fine. I will need some help on this.

Some more issues I can't fix yet is that "IS_THIS_MODEL_A_CAR(Hash model)" apparently is not working yet so I can't check if you are in a car or something else.

Also I'm looking for a way to add markers on the map with the location of the fuel stations but I cant find a solution yet.

alteredbeast

I haven't updated, and my others lua scripts still work fine. By the way, I just remembered, when I used the old lua script version, that I saw a report telling that your script had an error in the line 53 or something (definitely in the 50s I'm pretty sure). Sadly, with the newest version, I'm not able to see the reports alt-tabing like I did, and I can't find any logs for lua anywhere...

Edited by alteredbeast

GRAX

cool! makes GTAV mode realistic.

sakis25

Fuel Script V updated to 0.2!

What's New:

You can now refill your fuel from petrol stations! (9 available in this version)

Map with petrol station locations included in the archive

Bug fixes

Edited by sakis25

gta5mods

Whooa :lol:

Future features should be blips on the map so we easier can find the gas stations :)

Edited by gta5mods

sakis25

Whooa :lol:

Future features should be blips on the map so we easier can find the gas stations :)

Blips on the map is definitely on my future plans but I don't have this option yet.

Mods how can I change the title of the topic?

EnforcerZhukov

Curious, it isn't working for me neither :(

Theorically my LUA works fine, i tried a bodyguard spawner on LUA and seems to run OK.

t9x69

What's New:

You can now refill your fuel from petrol stations! (9 available in this version)

Map with petrol station locations included in the archive

Bug fixes

Great work! Now it's working as it should. Although, I kinda feel like you run out of gas way too quick. I picked up a random car off the street that had maybe a 1/2 a tank. From the gas station #1 on your map, to the tunnel under Fort Zancudo the tank was empty. I'm not sure if it's possible, but maybe add to where the user can refill his/her gas tank by using the Jerry Can. That would be really cool. Otherwise, great work! Keep it up.

Edited by t9x69

sakis25

Curious, it isn't working for me neither :(

Theorically my LUA works fine, i tried a bodyguard spawner on LUA and seems to run OK.

Make sure "FuelScriptV.lua" is in the "scripts\addins\" folder

Are you getting any errors?

Rich246

Can you enable the Gas Stations on the map in game?

Edited by Rich246