3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Disappearing cars in singleplayer.

Endslikecrazy

Endslikecrazy

Everytime I find a car that I do not recognize or find interesting to keep, I steal it and drive it to a garage somewhere, now this time for instance I was moving another car from the persons garage to put this car in and when I looked back out the garage when I haven't seen the car that was supposed to be stored for like 2 seconds, it was gone...

Now this has happened like 3 or 4 times already, and I barely have the game for 2 weeks.

Anything known about this or is it that the car is to high class or something to be modified, I heard that might be something from a friend of mine, but he plays it on the xbox 360.

The game only saves the vehicle your in at the time in SP. If you need to switch cars never look away from the car you're not using or it will disappear. It's possible that you may find the lost car at the impound lot if you modified it. Try looking there first.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Endslikecrazy

Thanks, yes that should help, I will try and check the inpound, it was modified but not by me so I hope it shows up.

BTW, has anyone noticed like extraordinary cars, like those that came in later patches for consoles are showing up in the singleplayer for PC?

I had this happen with the zentorno, which is a later added car to consoles right?

Thanks, yes that should help, I will try and check the inpound, it was modified but not by me so I hope it shows up.

BTW, has anyone noticed like extraordinary cars, like those that came in later patches for consoles are showing up in the singleplayer for PC?

I had this happen with the zentorno, which is a later added car to consoles right?

Afaik nothing like that is console exclusive. Theres a couple weapons you could only get if you got them during the limited time they were offered when the game wasn't out on PC, but I'm pretty sure all the update content is on both.

Endslikecrazy

It's just that I for instance never saw the zentorno when I played it on my friends xbox, but now i've already seen 2 of em riding around town. Just wondering if more of those kind of cars should show up or is it just a PC kinda thing or glitch or something.

I actually managed to store the zentorno in michaels garage but when I saved and started playing the next day it wasn't there anymore.

Lethal Vaccine

All these cars were DLC's added onto to PS3 and Xbox 360.

They were added into traffic with PS4 and Xbox One, and obviously PC, which followed...

The car that you stole will be saved in garage around Safehouse only when it's placed in garage.

When it's not in garage, it's no longer saved.

You can make this car "yours" when you visit Los Santos Customs. If I'm not wrong, you don't need even upgrade something, just visit it.

After that when you leave this car or destroy it, you'll be able to get it back from Impound Garage for 250$.

The car that you bought on the Internet will be stored in separate garage that you need to buy as well.

Edited by Game512

Lethal Vaccine

Uh.....You can NOT and I repeat, can NOT destroy a Car and find it in the Impound. How do you figure this is even remotely accurate? Impounds are there to Impound your "lost" Vehicles. Not ones that are a burning wreck - destroyed...

Furthermore, you must apply a change to the Vehicle for it to get Impounded. Visiting a Los Santos Customs won't work...

Endslikecrazy

All these cars were DLC's added onto to PS3 and Xbox 360.

They were added into traffic with PS4 and Xbox One, and obviously PC, which followed...

Thanks for that ;)

The car that you stole will be saved in garage around Safehouse only when it's placed in garage.
When it's not in garage, it's no longer saved.
You can make this car "yours" when you visit Los Santos Customs. If I'm not wrong, you don't need even upgrade something, just visit it.
After that when you leave this car or destroy it, you'll be able to get it back from Impound Garage for 250$.
The car that you bought on the Internet will be stored in separate garage that you need to buy as well.

I did save that zentorno in michael's garage, which should save cars like that seeing I have a banshee in franklins and now the one that looks like a lambo in michael's, these are still there but the zentorno just disappeared from the garage.

Lethal Vaccine

It's very common for disappearing Vehicles. Happens in III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, TBoGT, and V...

The ONLY GTA which has a very, very, very reliable Garage System is Chinatown Wars. Unfortunately, CTW's Garages aren't very efficient and only allow 1 Vehicle inside the Garage, however, they will NOT disappear. All the other GTA's get disappearing Vehicles. To avoid it, I always make a backup, considering I collect Special Vehicles. I do NOT want to lose them...So no matter what, I always have my Special Vehicles upon reaching 100%. If I lose a Special Vehicle, it's only temporary, until I reload my backup Save and work up to the point where I lost the Special Vehicle in the first place...

It's very common for disappearing Vehicles. Happens in III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, TBoGT, and V...

The ONLY GTA which has a very, very, very reliable Garage System is Chinatown Wars. Unfortunately, CTW's Garages aren't very efficient and only allow 1 Vehicle inside the Garage, however, they will NOT disappear. All the other GTA's get disappearing Vehicles. To avoid it, I always make a backup, considering I collect Special Vehicles. I do NOT want to lose them...So no matter what, I always have my Special Vehicles upon reaching 100%. If I lose a Special Vehicle, it's only temporary, until I reload my backup Save and work up to the point where I lost the Special Vehicle in the first place...

This is off-topic but I never knew this about CTW.

So if I take a vehicle out of the garage and leave it parked somewhere, it will stay there no matter how far I go or how long I take to get it back?

Lethal Vaccine

Well, the 3D Titles (III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS) were able to physically store 2 Vehicles in memory. So lets say I park a Trashmaster in Portland somewhere in GTA III. I can literally have the Trashmaster sit there in Portland forever, as long as I run around on foot OR use ONE other Vehicle to drive around. Even if I am in Staunton Island or Shoreside Vale. The Trashmaster WILL stay there in Portland. It's a fact...

In IV, you could leave ONE Vehicle and take a long walk around and come back to it and your Car will still be there. V is bad. Once you turn your back, to save memory I guess, the other Car you are NOT looking at WILL disappear.

As for Chinatown Wars, I am not sure. I never tried traveling a FAR distance away from my Car and come back to it. However, I remember getting out of my Car to go to a Rampage Icon to start a Rampage. After the Rampage ended and I was running around on foot, I was able to run to where I left the Car and it was still there safe and sound. You can usually retrieve the Car after you take a walk away, but I am not sure about the distance. Chinatown Wars uses the Isometric View and blown up wrecks of Vehicles will vanish IMMEDIATELY for instance to clear the memory. However if the Vehicle is not blown up, you can come back to it, but I think it depends on how far away you go and as long as you don't drive any other Vehicle...

Chinatown Wars has a reliable Garage System because of the Chevrons and the way the Garages are activated by having to be inside a Vehicle and driving the Vehicle on the green Chevrons in front of the Garage. If a Car is already inside the Garage, it won't open, unless Huang is on foot, etc. They are very reliable and don't ever make Vehicles disappear, but they are not efficient as Absolute Capacity was always 4 Items per Garage. In CTW, it's only 1...Hell, in GTA III, you could even fit 6 Vehicles in SI and SSV Garage, but only 1 in Portland.

Edited by Militia

Endslikecrazy

Thanks for the info man, never guessed something like this would ever happen though, or just don't remember it ever happening in the other GTA's except IV TBH :p

Lethal Vaccine

I have a massive amount of experience with Special Vehicles and the likes, so I see first hand on a daily basis how the storing of vehicles are and how they disappear and what the causes are and everything. It's something that always interested me in GTA Games, etc...

Uh.....You can NOT and I repeat, can NOT destroy a Car and find it in the Impound. How do you figure this is even remotely accurate? Impounds are there to Impound your "lost" Vehicles. Not ones that are a burning wreck - destroyed...

Furthermore, you must apply a change to the Vehicle for it to get Impounded. Visiting a Los Santos Customs won't work...

I have "destroyed" a car driving into the ocean. And it was in the Impound.

Lethal Vaccine

The Ocean is a bit different, apparently. I've also had Vehicles impounded like that, too, but not ALL of them. Only some for a bizarre reason. But planting a Sticky Bomb on your Vehicle, for instance, won't get it impounded once you blow it up and drive away...Lol...

I should also note that I use the Impounds in V as actual 2 Car Garages for each Character. I know how to impound on purpose and take them out for later and impound another, etc. Using the Impounds gives you an extra 6 spots to store Vehicles across all 3 Characters...

Edited by Militia