Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,403 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

happygrowls

Watch Dogs 2

CoolBean

I think the lead being female this time around is pretty high actually.

Zello

DC or London plz

No.

I keep telling you guys, it can't possibly get better than Tokyo. Massive high tech concrete jungle.

F0PWAD_tokyo-1500x792.jpg

Zello
Posted (edited)

I'd rather they do Seoul, South Korea instead of Tokyo.

Edited by Zello

Furry_Monkey
Posted (edited)

There's circumstantial evidence of London being the next setting, which is more than we have for any other location.

Personally, I don't think it matters. Sure, I'd enjoy recognising a lot of it but other than that it's really not important. The way the location is used in the game is more important, and that is more about the mood and setting.

Anyway, female protagonist FTW. Both Missie and The Doctor agree with me too.

Edited by Furry_Monkey

Zello
Posted (edited)

I want to purchase safehouses. I'd really enjoy these cities more if we owned a piece of them. I think multiple protagonists could work ones a fed hunting down a hacking group and the other is a hacker.

Edited by Zello

Laker23

Japan or Korea would be great. Have no desire for it to be in London, but I'm 80% sure it will be at this point.

Shadowfennekin

I'm down for the protagonist being a female. So long as it isn't one of those "YEAH, GIRL POWER!" "MEN SUCK!" type of females. I liked how they handled Marcus being black where it was subtle and not brought up that much. Personality is what matters in the end, not the color or gender of the character.

Don't forget that Marcus' squad had more character and stood out more than he did. I'd like the main character to stand out on their own and not get outshined by supporting characters like Wrench, who I'd be down for playing in a DLC I don't care how much I have to pay.....

I love Watch Dogs 2, but Marcus and the villain could have been written a bit better.....

And WD 2 being in London would be fine by me, GTA handles the US anyways.

Really I only have one tiny request for WD 3..... aircraft.

What's the point of having a big open world if you can't fly across it? You can't "fast travel" in GTA..... apart from taxis.

Mr. Scratch

I don't think we'll see an announcement for the next game just yet, I have a pretty good hunch it might be a new Splinter Cell given the recent DLC for Wildlands.

CoolBean

Hope it has full online capabilities on release like the original on current gen.

ten-a-penny

I'm down for the protagonist being a female. So long as it isn't one of those "YEAH, GIRL POWER!" "MEN SUCK!" type of females. I liked how they handled Marcus being black where it was subtle and not brought up that much. Personality is what matters in the end, not the color or gender of the character.

Oh God yes. Take lessons from Horizon: Zero Dawn, the way how they handled Aloy is second-to-none. Definitely my all-time favorite female character. A perfect balance between a tough woman who's ready to roast everyone and everything in her way, yet still have enough "room" for femininity.

universetwisters

DC or London plz

I think DC could work, seeing as Watch Dogs 2 was apparently a leftist soapbox, it would make perfect sense to move the action from the left coast to the actual center of government in the free world. Hack the congress? Sure!

JK but I got two qualms against them doing London:

1) Nobody will ever be able to top The Getaway's London as far as accuracy goes

2) Assassins Creed Syndicate was set in London. Ubisoft is known to recycle big assets (like how Far Cry 4's map was used in Primal). So if it's London, we got an 80% chance it's just gonna be a modernized Syndicate map.

Cosmic Gypsy

I think i previously said London would be the best place for Watch Dogs, and i still agree it is one of the best places, i didn't think of Tokyo or Seoul though. Good choices for obvious reasons.

CoolBean

If they do London I'd bet they will have a American protag probably a female one I'd guess. Perhaps more than one protag this time around?

Mokrie Dela
Posted (edited)

I don't think we'll see an announcement for the next game just yet, I have a pretty good hunch it might be a new Splinter Cell given the recent DLC for Wildlands.

I agree. Inside being brought back to voice one DLC mission? No way. Splinter cell is time too but for the love of god they need to really look hard at CT and OR, not conviction or blacklist.

In regards to female protag, sure why not. As long as they dobt politicalise it, or place restrictions to avoid offending feminists (the same opinion applies to any ethnic group or orientation also). But imo whatever we play as id rather the tone of the first game, not the adolescent frat party vibe of the second; it tried too hard to be hip and was a constant cringefest with zero repeatability in my eyes. Better world interaction too. I preferred 1's intrusions and collectibles (the barcode scanning was fun), but the world sometimes felt too shallow for me. Chilling at a bar or dancing at a nightclub (both could double as ways to gain intelligence by overheating npcs and discovering hidden stuff like the text messages in 1 that led to money bags etc), other leisure activities like pool or such (also multiplayer potential). And yeah aircraft is a must as is an expanded mass transit system - cabs busses and subway as well as overland train systems - London is a great example of these; you couldn't have it without them imo

Edited by Mokrie Dela

Zello
Posted (edited)

http://ign.com/articles/2018/07/05/assassins-creed-new-technology-could-allow-multiple-time-periods-in-one-game

Thoughts on This? I really prefer just 1 city/Metro area per game. It really allows them to set the tone of the story better and only focusing on one city they can get all the details right instead of half assing it IMO.

Edited by Zello

Hmmm nice bike

So far, having played both Watch Dogs games now, I agree that the one metro area is better than multiple cities. Chicago and San Francisco were both done as well as they could (though being from Chicago, I also noticed numerous faults that the map had, but I guess they can't get everything exactly right even though I found the area with mountains being that close to the city pretty damn stupid), and both maps felt like they were decently detailed. There weren't just a bunch of copy and pasted buildings all over the place like Saints Row started doing with SR3. Plus, both games definitely had a distinct tone that suited the locations.

Personally, I'd love to see a third game set in London, or anywhere in the UK. But if they keep it in the US, Boston or Washington D.C. would also be great choices for a setting.

DexMacLeod
4 hours ago, Zello said:

http://ign.com/articles/2018/07/05/assassins-creed-new-technology-could-allow-multiple-time-periods-in-one-game

Thoughts on This? I really prefer just 1 city/Metro area per game. It really allows them to set the tone of the story better and only focusing on one city they can get all the details right instead of half assing it IMO.

I guess it depends how it's implemented, really. I think an open world game that takes place in one city but in three different eras could be pretty cool. Like a Time Travel story that takes place in the past present and future with three very distinct looks.

Also as DLC. I still think the coolest thing GTA V story DLC could have done would have been to give us Las Venturas and San Fierro. 

I also sort of feel like the technology's already there, though. I mean both Origins and Wildlands could have had their maps cut in half and given us two unique ones instead if they really wanted to.  

Either way the interview kind of worries me. Ubisoft has had a bigger is better mentality for awhile now and it's scary to see that map size seems to be the priority going forward. There's lots of other things I'd like to see Ubisoft focus on more.

As much as I enjoyed both Origins and GR: Wildlands there wasn't a whole lot to do in either world. It's primarily sneak into the enemy base, kill everyone, travel to the next one.

Am Shaegar

Multiple cities like SA is absolutely fine as it is still part of the same period in an entire state that I thought was truly an awesome experience but having multiple time periods in one game is least attractive for me. I doubt this can work offline, irrespective of the technology. It is quite possible fir a cloud based gaming experience but again the whole udea of different time lines is uninteresting. There is so much to consider from both gameplay and story standpoint to name the ehole experience immersive and Ubisoft is not the developer that I can put high hopes in terms of actually pulling this off in a satisfyingly good way. What is the guarantee that a lot of stuff on the map won't be recycled to make each location stand out? 

HaRdSTyLe_83
On 4/7/2018 at 6:49 PM, universetwisters said:

it would make perfect sense to move the action from the left coast to the actual center of government in the free world

Free World LMAO

universetwisters
On 7/11/2018 at 11:10 AM, HaRdSTyLe_83 said:

Free World LMAO

Are you going to contribute anything or pick apart a post I made three months ago

TheFranchise

I’d personally like to see the series head to NYC. But that’s just me.

Also, I’m still upset that we’re probably not getting that Watch_Dogs movie. I also would be shocked if we actually ever get The Division movie that Ubisoft said they were doing too. 

AiraCobra
On 7/14/2018 at 11:29 AM, TheFranchise said:

I’d personally like to see the series head to NYC. But that’s just me.

Also, I’m still upset that we’re probably not getting that Watch_Dogs movie. I also would be shocked if we actually ever get The Division movie that Ubisoft said they were doing too. 

We've done two U.S cities so far, I personally would like to see the next series take place in a country that actually has a lot of CCTV camera's around or a tech giant country such as the U.K or Japan.

I wish game devs would think outside of the box and try new stuff instead of trying to stick with what worked in the previous series when they do that it becomes boring at least to me anyways