Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (93,102 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

happygrowls

Watch Dogs 2

Zello

What about when you have to get wrenches mask back?

YA BOY DIRT

What about when you have to get wrenches mask back?

You can do that mission non-lethally as well.

I'm an idiot with a memory shorter than a 90's PC RAM. Which mission?

What I was talking about earlier was...

I personally used guns in the Horatio aftermath. Put on some milspec gear, equipped an LMG, and went to town. No one kills my homies and lives.

That was just for fun. The rest of the game I played non-lethal, even the finale. I mean, yeah, stealth was out the window at that point but Blackouts and Distraction Hacks are gravy.

Edited by YA BOY DIRT

El Dildo

has anybody else found the Watch_Dogs crossover references from Assassin's Creed Origins?

in the 'modern' part of the game there's some files on the girls computer about the connection between the AC and W_D universe.

NwEc8Ha.jpg

Edward Nashton

^ Yep, but AC: Black Flag did it as well.

You're also killing an abstergo bigshot in WD1. It was just a small easter egg to AC but this shot confirms that it was in fact canon.

ten-a-penny

Really? I played Blag Flag (at least the "Assassin's Creed" part of the game) to death and I haven't noticed anything.

Edward Nashton

Really? I played Blag Flag (at least the "Assassin's Creed" part of the game) to death and I haven't noticed anything.

It's in the present day segment of the game, if you hack into the boss's email, you'll find that the Blume corporation was trying to persuade Abstergo into buying and integrating a localized version of ctOS into their facilities.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Edward Nashton

ten-a-penny

Ha, I seriously need to start paying attention.

OT:

Dunno if I already said it, but I've beaten the game a second time, now on my third run. This run was actually nice. Usually when I first start the game, I hunt down as many Money Bags, Research Points and Key Data's as I can in the very beginning of the game, before I finish the "tutorial". Then I start doing Online Operations non-stop until I get all the upgrades that I want. This "tutorial" run came out nicely: I got like $300K and 25(!) Research Points from the get-go.

I'm getting close into completing that segment so I can burst through the story.

Fun Fact: your Level ends up @ 23.

TommyPayne123

I view Watch Dogs 2 as a solid successor to the original and deserving of a lot more attention that the small amount of attention it does receive based on the dissapointment of the first Watch Dogs. It's a shame, because you can see the amount of hard work they put into it creating a more enjoyable and far less buggy experience if you were to give it a try.

Tycek

They've tried to do better game, but they messed terribly in terms of character creation and storyline. Instead of creating something memorable, they've copied all the bad things GTA V done before - weak antagonist, yoga, hipster crap, etc.

The only thing that really stands out positevely from the rest is really nicely crafted map.

Shaksprings

i just hope the next wd3 is in new york city

Ivan1997GTA

They've tried to do better game, but they messed terribly in terms of character creation and storyline. Instead of creating something memorable, they've copied all the bad things GTA V done before - weak antagonist, yoga, hipster crap, etc.

The only thing that really stands out positevely from the rest is really nicely crafted map.

I can only hope that the third game will balance things out with a more serious story - not overly dark and depressing, but not overly wacky and fun, either. I mean, you'd have a serious story, with some optional crazy things to do, kinda like in GTA San Andreas or Saints Row 2.

And also, I hope the next Watch_Dogs game will take place outside of North America, maybe in London or Moscow, or, heck, even Tokyo.

Edited by Ivan1997GTA

Zello

New York would be too big and they'd have to cut things out. I want it to be either Seattle, London, or Washington DC.

They need to go to Tokyo sooner or later. It would be the perfect setting. I'm going to be really upset if they won't do it.

Let's say WD3 in London and WD4 in Tokyo.

DexMacLeod

New York would be too big and they'd have to cut things out. I want it to be either Seattle, London, or Washington DC.

DC would be awesome. A big, high stakes, government conspiracy story could be the perfect way to wrap up the "american trilogy", but in the end they learn that the scope stretches much further and sets up an "international trilogy".

RyanBurnsRed

Watch Dogs 2 is a great game, but I feel like they shouldn't have made such a drastic change in the tone from the first game. It's too lighthearted and doesn't take itself seriously.

It pulls me out of the immersion a bit when they portray Marcus as this outgoing lighthearted guy that cares about other people in the cutscenes, then turns you loose on the city to murder, rampage, and siphon unsuspecting people's bank accounts and ruin their day.

The car handling is slightly better than the first game but it still doesn't make sense. It's like every single vehicle has ABS but no traction control, as they would all come to a complete stop from top speed in under 3 seconds without skidding but they will skid when you go full throttle from a stand still.

I like the 3D printer idea, but it doesn't really explain much. In WD1 you can go into a gun shop and browse weapons. In WD2 you would (I presume) go on the internet to buy the gun and then print it, but what exactly are you buying? Blueprints? Materials? Both? I don't get it.

The AI in the game is phenomenal. Way better than the first game, and light years ahead of what is in GTA V. But I don't get why cops will ignore gang members openly carrying their firearms but come after me when I have my own weapons out.

It seems the cops will only engage with gang members when they're actively shooting. They'll arrest other NPCs that aren't carrying weapons 5 feet away while a guy holding a shotgun walks up to me to tell me I can't be near his restricted area.

Anyway apart from those I think the game is amazing, but would've liked it more if it took itself a little more seriously.

As for the setting of the next game I don't care where they set it, as long as they continue to make the gameplay fun and have a decent story this time around. None of that "Let's team up and take down the mean ol' bad guys stealing everyone's personal info!" crap either.

HeySlickThatsMe

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Eo4g0

Concept art from an unannounced Ubi project. Could be WD3 and I hope it is.

Ubisoft games have a history of "leaked" concept art.

Ivan1997GTA
Posted (edited)

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Eo4g0

Concept art from an unannounced Ubi project. Could be WD3 and I hope it is.

Ubisoft games have a history of "leaked" concept art.

Hmm, looks like the next stop is Japan, but I'm not sure, we'll just have to wait until Ubisoft officially announces WD3 and confirms where it will take place.

Edited by Ivan1997GTA

Posted (edited)

I was just thinking how you came up with Japan but then I zoomed in and you're right.

I'm hyped. I'm telling you, Japan would be the perfect setting. Please be true.

The coat of the person in the front looks like it came straight out of Watch Dogs and the army's wearing masks, reminding me of it too. My random guess is that the person in the front is a woman, probably their leader of an underground hacker army.

Gotta keep the hype low of course. Nothing is official yet. Now we need someone with japaneese knowledge to translate.

Edited by fashion

Mr. Scratch

That sh*t looks way too dystopian to be Watch Dogs, it reminds me of Deus Ex, if anything.

Tycek
Posted (edited)

If you look at the Juhani Jokinen's page there are different pictures with similar distopian atmosphere like these:

juhani-jokinen-sectorf1-web.jpg

juhani-jokinen-winter-patrol2-artstation

While they don't have to be from the same game, none of these fit the WD world.

The top symbol on the banners on art linked by fashion is "fire," and then the small ones spell roketto, which obviously means rocket. I can't recall the bottom kanji though.

Edited by Tycek

Posted (edited)

Yeah, got a bit too excited there. Who knows what they're working on. Thanks for translating.

Edited by fashion

Mr. Scratch

That actually looks like some Blade Runner/Alien type sh*t.

Zello

Interesting interview

Mister Pink

I just got this game, looking for someone to do some co-op with me. I'll take them semi-seriously. Obviously, the main thing is fun but I ended up doing a couple with a stranger today and he wouldn't stop dicking around which made it less enjoyable.

I'm on Xbox One

l Mister Pink l

YA BOY DIRT

Recently got back into this game, can honestly say it's one of my favorites and a library mainstay. Been doing a lot of online missions recently, though I'd advise anyone playing this on PC to avoid Bounty Hunter, Hacking Invasion, and Showdown (basically any PVP mode) as more often than not people have been cheating with godmode and infinite ammo. Co-op, E-Kart races, Quadcopter races, and Cash Truck are still a lot of fun.

I just got this game, looking for someone to do some co-op with me. I'll take them semi-seriously. Obviously, the main thing is fun but I ended up doing a couple with a stranger today and he wouldn't stop dicking around which made it less enjoyable.

I'm on Xbox One

l Mister Pink l

Shame. I'm almost Masters in Co-op Operations on PC. Honestly, I find them more fun to do solo. Unless you're doing it with a friend to pull off the optional objectives and finesse that sh*t, it's not worth it. Plus, it's more of a challenge and lets me approach them with a new method each time.

Edited by YA BOY DIRT

Mister Pink

I have fun doing solo and co-op. Guess I'm dying to use my mic. I rarely play multiplayer and never play with friends but I do love co-op and 2 player co-op is pretty fun and manageable but SP is good too. I'm glad I can do them solo as well. Didn't really know that. Well, I kind of did but assumed some things would be two-player only. :^:

YA BOY DIRT

There are a few optional objectives that make it seem like you can only do them with two players communicating effectively ("Destroy two shipments at the same time" etc) but everything can be done solo with a bit of creative thinking.

CoolBean

Watch Dogs 3 reveal at E3 like two years ago? Then release late 2018 or most likely spring 2019?

London here we come!

* No doubt they will use the map of AC Syndicate as a starting point ;)

Edited by CoolBean