3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Worst part of each GTA title?

Niko Montana

Niko Montana

There's already a thread about the best part of each gta title, so I'm gonna flip it around. What's the worst part of each gta title? For me:

GTA III: You couldn't bail out of a vehicle, some missions were ridiculously hard, you couldn't go back to Portland without the Leone Family gunning you down with their shotguns, the carbine rifle was too overpowered, you couldn't swim and places like Pay N Spray & Ammu-Nation were not marked on the map.

GTA VC: You couldn't swim.

GTA SA: Sometimes gang warfare would get too hard and could get restricting, once you learn a new fighting style you can't use the old one, some missions were too hard and flying school.

GTA LCS: Tony was such an ass-kisser and you couldn't jump or crouch.

GTA VCS: The police was overpowered and it makes Vic's death in VC seem sad.

GTA IV: The PC port was terrible, some missions start to get really repetitive and the camera option on the phone was useless

GTA TLAD: You couldn't change clothes and the story was a bit too short.

GTA TBOGT: 90% of the characters were irritating and Bahama Mamas was only accessible in one mission

GTA V: Multiplayer, the story, almost all of the characters were boring and had little character development, the soundtrack was underwhelming compared to the other games, every returning character from IV (except for Packie and maybe Karen) was ruined, lack of interesting side missions, the story was too short for three protagonists, a lot of the map wasn't even used properly, most of the humor wasn't even funny and we had to wait for next gen in order to get the Stallion

Edited by thedriver111
  • Like 1

The Dedito Gae

IV: ummm...lack of fingerless gloves?

TLAD: dark pessimistic tone

TOBGT: the drive by story

V: dumbed down gameplay

• Like 1

Niko Montana

This

TLAD: dark pessimistic tone

I actually like TLAD's tone.

• Like 2

GTA 2 - Quite short.

III, VC & SA - General AI, Cops spawning rate, featured some missions that are quite forgettable, short and made no sense.

IV - Vanilla game heavily focused on mini-games, huge lack of content with so much potential for more-better features, have taken a new direction that I'm still unhappy, and the beginning of scrapping many classic 3D era fun features for increased realism, linear events and tightly scripted story missions ( exceptions noted ), modding tasks became quite more difficult than the highly moddable 3D games, less replayability outside the episodic content.

V - ONLINE ruined SP. Period! Most disappointing title of the series so far. One of the most scripted, linear and dumbed down SP, lack of commonly accessible and important interiors, lack of crime; in fact, no interesting criminal activities', not a single infinite type ( for instance:vigilante ) missions, even more mini-games than IV, street races absolutely suck compared to the outstanding variety of GTA SA Races, the least rewarding SP title of the series, and lastly, STILL NO word about the story mode DLC!

• Like 4

TheOneLibertonian

GTA III: Portland is deemed to be unroamable after Sayonara Salvatore. Leone's and Triads would shoot the sh*t out of you.

GTA VC: You can't change clothing in safehouses, instead you have to go their respective location. Otherwise, it's one of the most fun and best GTA games ever

GTA SA: Gang Territory is a pain in the ass. Zero's missions and the Madd Dogg's Crib glitch.

GTA LCS: The stupid outfits like the Chicken and the Elvis one. Fort Staunton is destroyed after Bringing the House Down.

GTA VCS: Vic is bland, forgettable storyline, but fun gameplay. Marty threatening his own baby.

GTA IV: The camera is useless, and the controls are somewhat clunky, but they have never been too much of a problem for me.

GTA TLAD: The Clubhouse being burnt after the story, and the short storyline, but I liked it a lot.

GTA TBOGT: Bahama Mamas being used in one mission only, and the huge amount of annoying assholes that I really want to punch in the face.

GTA V: Too restrictive and too bland, also the physics are horrible in contrast to IV, driving is the most bland and unrealistic sh*t I have ever experienced in a GTA game. Mediocre and stupid storyline, it makes you became the asskisser for the FIB through out the whole game. Everything Trevor Philips has done, especially his stupid remarks and actions to Johnny. Last, but not least. GTA Online is a stupid cash grab that is a stupid grindfest that makes you want to buy stupid cash cards to please Rockstar.

Edited by The_Ghost
  • Like 4

Niko Montana

GTA III: Portland is deemed to be unroamable after Sayonara Salvatore. Leone's and Triads would shoot the sh*t out of you.

GTA VC: You can't change clothing in safehouses, instead you have to go their respective location. Otherwise, it's one of the most fun and best GTA games ever

GTA SA: Gang Territory is a pain in the ass. Zero's missions and the Madd Dogg's Crib glitch.

GTA LCS: The stupid outfits like the Chicken and the Elvis one. Fort Staunton is destroyed after Bringing the House Down.

GTA VCS: Vic is bland, forgettable storyline, but fun gameplay. Marty threatening his own baby.

GTA IV: The camera is useless, and the controls are somewhat clunky, but they have never been too much of a problem for me.

GTA TLAD: The Clubhouse being burnt after the story, and the short storyline, but I liked it a lot.

GTA TBOGT: Bahama Mamas being used in one mission only, and the huge amount of annoying assholes that I really want to punch in the face.

GTA V: Too restrictive and too bland, also the physics are horrible in contrast to IV, driving is the most bland and unrealistic sh*t I have ever experienced in a GTA game. GTA Online is a stupid cash grab that is a stupid grindfest that makes you want to buy stupid cash cards to please Rockstar.

Why do we have so many similar opinions? :lol:

• Like 1

TheOneLibertonian

GTA V: Too restrictive and too bland, also the physics are horrible in contrast to IV, driving is the most bland and unrealistic sh*t I have ever experienced in a GTA game. GTA Online is a stupid cash grab that is a stupid grindfest that makes you want to buy stupid cash cards to please Rockstar.

I don't know. :lol:

• Like 1

The Dedito Gae

Thislet me add Niko's default hair,i always prefered his beta look,he also rocked a great looking jacket in one of the pre-release screens, most of beta things were fooking awesome.

I don't know. :lol:i'm laughing with the IV crowd, we all are on the same boat!:lol: Edited by Midnight Hitman
  • Like 1

Gta Lcs and the reused sounds from Vice City.

In Gta Sa we start good thinking "oh yeah, this is a hood story and sh*t" but after a few missions there is a big plot twist that lead us to nowhere in the map and we forgot about the original objetive of CJ thaat was get his brother out of the jail and instead Carl is running errands in al the state of San Andreas, Gta sa was a good game and have a lot of features but sometimes the story gets a little inconsistent, Truth's missions were just so over the top that we forget about the "hood story" portrayed in the back part of the box.

I consider it the worst part.

• Like 1

PhillBellic

GTA IV's PC port, and optimisation, or lackthereof.

I will add to my list later about the other games.

TheOneLibertonian

GTA IV's PC port, and optimisation, or lackthereof.

I will add to my list later about the other games.

Why is the PC version of IV so horrible? Everyone says it's bad. Why?

Edited by The_Ghost

lastmanonearth

GTA 1 - The colors are too bright and I can`t stare at the screen for very long (which is probably a good thing but anyway...) and the camera when driving zooming in and out all the time.

GTA 2 - Like Osho said, too damn short! I guess it had to be compatible with the PSX so they didn`t add a sh*tload of levels, and like 1 the camera zooming in and out thing.

GTA III - Espresso-2-Go, no airborne missions and the plane being hard to fly, not being able to bail out of moving vehicles (you could even do that in GTAs 1 and 2!)

GTA VC - Not being able to swim in a tropical, beach paradise was like a spit in the face. It was worse than that, like a massive steaming sh*t all over our faces.

GTA SA - The fact that it`s impossible to win the gang war, since as soon as you finish fighting one battle another two battles start, is annoying and demoralizing.

GTA LCS - Felt like a cheap cash-in on the same old recycled map and some of the music was... not aesthetically pleasing at all, to say the least.

GTA VCS -

Marty threatening his own baby.

This.

GTA IV - Lazlow was painfully unfunny and the music sucked huge balls.

GTA TLAD - I wish there was more to it than just biker stuff, but I guess that was the whole point of that one.

GTA TBOGT - Gay Tony, everyone else, the story not feeling engaging enough, the fact that Bahama Mamas doesn`t reopen.

GTA V - The SP. Literally, everything about it except the map size. The map LAYOUT sucks but the size is good, they should have done more with it. No repeatable side missions of any kind! And virtually no choices to make, like if you steer your bike in down the wrong tunnel it`s MISSION FAILED instead of letting you try to do it your way.

Edited by lastmanonearth

Algonquin Assassin

GTA III: Exploring after the story is basically redundant since every gang in the city wants to shove their fists up Claude's ass and rip out his intestines.

VC: The oversized beach that wastes too much space.

SA: Micro management such as feeding CJ otherwise he'll start losing health. Having to do ridiculous sh*t like building up lung capacity otherwise you can't progress the story.

LCS: The removal of core mechanics introduced in SA like swimming, climbing etc.

VCS: I've always felt it looks a bit too cartoonish and the neons are overdone. VC in VC looks more Scarface-ish.

GTA IV: Money doesn't have much of a point and Brucie would've been great to mod your ride, but nooo.

TLAD: The Lost club house gets taken away. f*ck you whoever made that decision.

TBOGT: Most of the cast is completely unlikeable and Bulgarin is a guitar playing douchebag.

GTA V: Not being draw out weapons in certain interiors and buying masks, boiler suits etc being counted as full missions instead of simple prerequisites.

• Like 3

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

lastmanonearth

SA: Micro management such as feeding CJ otherwise he'll start losing health. Having to do ridiculous sh*t like building up lung capacity otherwise you can't progress the story.

You can have any issues with SA you want but TBH you only lose a little bit of health if you don`t eat for a loooooong time. It gives it just enough realism and it`s not such a game breaking thing.

• Like 3

You can have any issues with SA you want but TBH you only lose a little bit of health if you don`t eat for a loooooong time. It gives it just enough realism and it`s not such a game breaking thing.I have been saying this same thing repeatedly. Its not as annoying as people make "the feeding CJ" out to be. The game won't outright kill you but indicates you with small portion of health losing gradually giving you enough time to know that CJ is hungry and its time to feed him. Its only annoying during those firefighter/vigilante/type long missions when it can really piss you off if takes too long to complete and suddenly you run out of all warnings and get wasted. Time to do those missions from level 1 again...ugh! lol. There is a solution to it - Fat CJ or feed him enough right before beginning longer missions, otherwise it never bothered me, AT ALL

But I guess, each to its own :)

• Like 2

PhillBellic

You can have any issues with SA you want but TBH you only lose a little bit of health if you don`t eat for a loooooong time. It gives it just enough realism and it`s not such a game breaking thing.
I have been saying this same thing repeatedly. Its not as annoying as people make "the feeding CJ" out to be. The game won't outright kill you but indicates you with small portion of health losing gradually giving you enough time to know that CJ is hungry and its time to feed him. Its only annoying during those firefighter/vigilante/type long missions when it can really piss you off if takes too long to complete and suddenly you run out of all warnings and get wasted. Time to do those missions from level 1 again...ugh! lol. There is a solution to it - Fat CJ or feed him enough right before beginning longer missions, otherwise it never bothered me, AT ALL

It was the worst with the Paramedic missions, at least in my case.

GTA III: you get shot by the Leone members every time you enter their turf, so annoying. And the freaking triads attacking you 24/7.

GTA VC: The entire mission ''The Driver''. And the rather difficult story progression, its not like the others ones, you have to buy multiple properties at time and time to progress the story.

GTA IV: a few missions were difficult for me to play back in the day when it came out, and mostly your friends calling you to hang out and if you dont you lose ''friendship'' percentage. So FREAKING ANNOYING. And don't even mention Roman and his bowling orgasms.

GTA V: The number one thing that is annoying in this game, is the police AI. So unrealistic and stupid at times, it absolutely makes no sense. The logic of this is the most stupid of them all. There are several things in GTA V that annoy the heck out of me such as when you crash your car you die because you jump out of the windshield.

I've been playing San Andreas for about four years now, and I've never fed CJ*. He never lost any health either.

All you have to do is save the game frequently.

(I only feed him when a story mission requires to do so)

-

III - Nothing to complain about the storyline, but I can't play this game. Driving is a nightmare, especially in the final missions.

Vice City - I could do without Love Fist. Their story has nothing to do with Tommy's and they aren't interesting in any way.

San Andreas - OG Loc's missions. There is no challenge in his missions nor a satisfying reward. His story is sh*t and so is everything about him.

Catalina's missions. I can't deal with this screaming bitch. Plus it takes the player away from the main story.

IV - The whole Playboy/Dwayne thing is ridiculous. Either you kill a dying, helpless man and get called a monster by a hypocritical ghetto thug, or kill said thug and become friends with an useless, depressing man.

TLAD - Stubbs missions. I didn't like solving problems for a government pig.

Chnatown Wars - Nothing to complain about it, except the top-down view, but that's for another discussion.

GTA 3-can´t swim,can´t bail out of cars,mafia was overpowered with shotguns,M16 was overpowered

GTA VC-can´t swim

GTA SA-crazy highway traffic,"allied gangs" like Families and Aztecas still fight

GTA LCS-degraded gameplay since SA,not a very good soundtrack (in my opinion there should have been some rock station)

GTA VCS-wars for empire buildings and hitman attacks could get too hard

GTA 4-no vehicle customization

GTA TLAD-too short story

GTA TBOGT-too short story,some characters were annoying (Rocco,Evan,Mori...)

GTA 5-singleplayer ignored because of Online (it didn´t even get the vehicles in the last DLC),bad map (too many mountains),humor not as good as in most older games,soundtrack isn´t very good

Edited by LeopardGecko

GTA III: lack of interiors, leone family way too aggressive

GTA VC: not being able to swim, beach is too big

GTA SA: Silliest, most inconsistent and over-the-top storyline in the series, ocean floor, map layout

GTA LCS: lack of interiors, worst soundtrack (not counting top down games)

GTA VCS: Malibu Club not enterable

GTA IV: repetitive story missions, engine sounds, bike handling, friend calls, not much to spend money on, Brucie doesn't let us tune cars in his garage

GTA TLaD: burning down the Lost MC club house

GTA TBoGT: Bahama Mama's only enterable in one mission, even though it plays the best music out of the three clubs in the game

GTA V: car's sides and roofs don't deform (CG), not being able to take out weapons in certain interiors, can't enter the Tequilala-Club after Trevor's S&F mission

StellarRunner

VC: can't swim

SA: I really don't know what to say. I know it wasn't realistic at all, but I really enjoyed it. Maybe Zero missions.

IV: poor driving AI, maybe too darkness or not enough color.

V: f*cking everything. There isn't anything right. The whole SP ruined because of the Online. Big but ugly map, ugly physics. The only positive thing is the emergency vehicle lights.

Edited by aleex96
  • Like 2

TheOneLibertonian

I have been saying this same thing repeatedly. Its not as annoying as people make "the feeding CJ" out to be. The game won't outright kill you but indicates you with small portion of health losing gradually giving you enough time to know that CJ is hungry and its time to feed him. Its only annoying during those firefighter/vigilante/type long missions when it can really piss you off if takes too long to complete and suddenly you run out of all warnings and get wasted. Time to do those missions from level 1 again...ugh! lol. There is a solution to it - Fat CJ or feed him enough right before beginning longer missions, otherwise it never bothered me, AT ALL

Honestly, I never had any problem feeding CJ. It was an awesome, but small touch added by Rockstar. The RPG elements in SA is great, you can make CJ literally your own character. Either make him fat or go to the gym and bulk up. So many possibilities in SA. That's what I liked about SA that lacked in V.

That's what I liked about SA that lacked in V.

Every "GTA" lacked that (If you exclude VC, IV, and V, eating will give health), but yeah, I liked that feature, V was the disappointing one of them all.

Edited by s2n vaniish

TheOneLibertonian

That's what I liked about SA that lacked in V.

Every "GTA" lacked that (If you exclude VC, IV, and V, eating will give health), but yeah, I liked that feature, V was the disappointing one of them all.

The similar RPG element is there in V, but it doesn't have the effect that SA had. Driving feels the same even when you maxed it out, the only one that makes a difference is the amount of ammo you can carry and the lung capacity of each protagonist. Flying also does not make a difference since turbulence is still in effect even when you maxed it out or play as Trevor.

Real_Badgirl

All GTAs: Any mission where someone flees from you in a car or on a motorcycle and you can't damage them at all until a certain scripted point in the chase. Those missions suck. They aren't that difficult, but they sure are annoying.

matajuegos01

GTA III - Lack of map and overpowered assault rifle

GTA VC- Haven't played it

GTA SA - Annoying intro song/gangsta theme

GTA LCS - Lack of swimming

GTA VCS - Weird aspect ratio on my TV

GTA IV - sh*t bike physics and nothing to do after 100%

GTA TLAD - Almost nothing to do after 100%

GTA TBoGT - Almost nothing to do after 100%

GTA V - Trevor, pretty basic driving physics, realism where it's not really needed (dying after falling into water) and overpowered AI and not being able of leaving the engine running after exiting the car

Edited by matajuegos01

3: Like people say, LC isn't safe because all the gangs are after you (Except SSH and Yakuza)

VC: The side missions

SA: (PS2) Having max brightness still makes the game dark

(PC) a bug where the mouse just completely freezes (Game will too sometimes) on high spec PC (Thank God that SilentPatch fixes that)

(Xbox) no complains really

LCS: Can't swim? Ain't that a...

VCS: Sometimes, there will be barely any Traffic

IV: Radio station

TLAD: Short story

TBOGT: see above

V: AI accuracy, Cop cars are fast as a sports car, story.

NG & PC: The Radar and HUD (They should've kept it the way it was on PS3 & 360)

Weapon Icons (Looks ugly as f**k, again see above)

The new songs that were added on West Coast Classics (They ruined my favorite radio station)

On the PS3 and 360, the song Appetite for Destruction by N.W.A will always play when the player enters one of the 2 cars they repossessed on the the mission Franklin and Lamar (Which I loved about it), now it will be tuned in to Radio Los Santos and the song Bad News by Danny Brown feat. Action Bronson will play instead, Da f*k? If I ever get the PC version, I'm gonna play Holler If Ya' Hear Me by 2pac instead.

Edited by s2n vaniish

The masketta man.

Bane?

Edited by m.toreno

gangster2332

3: gang shootings

vc: the bodyguards for 100% shouldve ben there after shakedown lolz

sa: the last trucking mission. driving to las venturs with 4 stars in a car with easily detatchable trailer sucks

vcs: graphics on ps2

lcs: no swim

4: no planes and changeable clothes

5: gta v, and too many people play virus mode

Edited by gangster2332
  • Like 1