2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Coffee Cups Appearing When There Wasn't One Before?

Eggobites90

Eggobites90

I don't like seeing coffee cups in my cars. I don't mind that they are in some cars driving around. I just find ones that do not have coffee to save as personal vehicles.

Now most of my cars have coffee cups... Why does R* feel like making them so prevalent when they lost their charm the 20th time?

I'm the same. I cherry pick cars that don't have coffee cups, air fresheners etc

And they still don't as far as I know, I better check now

Tails Prower

That is something that annoys me, however since most of the time I am playing in third person view I can't see if there's

any rubbish inside my car.

V HoneyBadger V

They are randomly rotated, similar to the vehicle body codes. If you have a decent amount of cash, you can buy and then sell a car if it has some interior extras you don't want, such as coffee cups, cigarette butts, soda cans, air fresheners, iFruit phone holders etc.

Edited by V HoneyBadger V

this thread made me want a coffee

thumb.png

They are randomly rotated, similar to the vehicle body codes. If you have a decent amount of cash, you can buy and then sell a car if it has some interior extras you don't want, such as coffee cups, cigarette butts, soda cans, air fresheners, iFruit phone holders etc.

which you cant do , coz your a peasant! Now sort a QOTD signature out ya Mook!! ..:p

• Like 2

Because the hipster generation took over R* games that's why.

TIL drinking a coffee in a car makes you a hipster....

AllNighter1

I honestly don't mind the coffee cup in my car, just wished it spilt every time I take a high speed corner or flip my car, lmao.

• Like 4

That is something that annoys me, however since most of the time I am playing in third person view I can't see if there's

any rubbish inside my car.

That's why I got rid of my Merryweather Mesa, it had a coffee cup, and an ashtray full of cigarette butts. The only other car I've seen the coffee cup in is my Monroe.

• Like 1

The cup holders I can live with at least on my secondary chars. The air fresheners don't bother me, but the ashtray... As a non smoker I can't even begin to express how disgusting I find those. The first time I got in a car that had them I nearly gagged as the memory of the smell of a full ashtray triggered when I saw it. I re-bought 2 cars so far because they came with an ashtray.

Edited by Axe_Gaijin
  • Like 1

As this was also important for me, that I don't have coffee cups or a full ashtray in my cars, I had to find a solution.

The problem is, that not just the cars you steal off the streets have these, but also the purchased ones.

But you can purchase, sell, purchase, sell until you get one without them.

What's a bad thing is that I needed to buy ~15 Zion Cabrios until I got one without it :D

Holy sh*t, you guys are nuts haha. Is it really that big of a deal? It gives the vehicles more "life" to them.

Edited by Chloroform

^I like my virtual vehicles like my real life ones: no unnecessary weight, clean, tidy. :)

Edited by NetXSR
  • Like 1

^I like my virtual vehicles like my real life ones: no unnecessary weight, clean, cheerful. :)

I get that but I think Rockstar didn't want people to be like "I just stole this vehicle and it doesn't have personal items in it"

^I feel you. This isn't the main problem. The main problem is, that also PURCHASED vehicles have full ashtrays and coffeecups.

^I feel you. This isn't the main problem. The main problem is, that also PURCHASED vehicles have full ashtrays and coffeecups.

I guess Rockstar didn't feel like making options for vehicles that we purchased. Smoking or non smoking vehicles.

Lol! I am still on PS3, but I totally get how that can be annoying

transambill

I cherry pick cars off the street that are free of this garbage but understand them being there since there used vehicles coming from the streets.

But when I had to buy my Carbonizzare 5 times just to get one without a full ashtray I about lost it.

Where in the f**k on this planet are you going to buy a brand new Ferrari and the dealers going to send it to you with a full ashtray or other people's garbage left inside? And if a sale man drove it around say as a demo vehicle, before you get it the dealership has people called detailers that clean that crap up before a customer ever see's it.

I can understand it adds realism to the game on street cars but that realism is lost when brand new cars are delivered to your garage with the same crap inside them.

LOL at buying five carbonizzares in a row with dirty ashtrays.

Didn't rockstar get in trouble before for adding coffee to a game? :p

• Like 3

Eggobites90

I'll put it this way:

If someone on these forums was clamoring for random sh*t in personal vehicles, everyone would tell him to gtfo it's a stupid unnecessary feature.

But because R* adds "realism" in the most obnoxious ways, everyone seems okay with it.

Edited by Eggobites90

I actually like the coffee cups for some cars, they're way better than the cigs tray, those are disgusting.

Tails Prower

Well some interesting responses, I'm gonna have to recheck my cars again now though as I never knew about ashtrays,

can't have people seeing that in my cars, gonna be an expensive evening if I have to rebuy/customise my supers!

The cup holders I can live with at least on my secondary chars. The air fresheners don't bother me, but the ashtray... As a non smoker I can't even begin to express how disgusting I find those. The first time I got in a car that had them I nearly gagged as the memory of the smell of a full ashtray triggered when I saw it. I re-bought 2 cars so far because they came with an ashtray.

Jesus you sound like fun. Maybe get a grip and stop being disgusted and gagging at virtual ashtrays

Edited by BarryRiley

I'll put it this way:

If someone on these forums was clamoring for random sh*t in personal vehicles, everyone would tell him to gtfo it's a stupid unnecessary feature.

But because R* adds "realism" in the most obnoxious ways, everyone seems okay with it.

Assuming you know how most of us think.

Eggobites90

I'll put it this way:

I've been on these boards since 2013...yeah I know that in general stupid ideas like that get chewed up and spit out.

I cherry pick cars off the street that are free of this garbage but understand them being there since there used vehicles coming from the streets.

But when I had to buy my Carbonizzare 5 times just to get one without a full ashtray I about lost it.

Where in the f**k on this planet are you going to buy a brand new Ferrari and the dealers going to send it to you with a full ashtray or other people's garbage left inside? And if a sale man drove it around say as a demo vehicle, before you get it the dealership has people called detailers that clean that crap up before a customer ever see's it.

I can understand it adds realism to the game on street cars but that realism is lost when brand new cars are delivered to your garage with the same crap inside them.

I'm sorry but that was a funny read. I'd never rebuy a vehicle just because it has an ashtray. It's just virtual, it's not real. But people have odd pet peeves.

I'll put it this way:

I've been on these boards since 2013...yeah I know that in general stupid ideas like that get chewed up and spit out.

In case you didn't notice, so have I. Wow we been here oh so long to know how everyone in the gtao section are going to post. It's a little ignorant to think you know how people are going to react. I always wanted a more real life feeling to vehicles. Hell I wanted bumper stickers that were worn on vehicles. We need more "realistic" feeling vehicles. Not that ever car besides rusty ones that look brand new.

Turkish Turketarian

I don't mind the random junk at all. But I'll admit the ashtray is kinda nasty. When I see it, I just think of cigarette smell. My mom smoked like crazy so can't stand the smell anymore :barf: It's not enough to motivate me to repurchase cars though. I prefer third person driving most of the time anyway.