2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

We should be able to enable blips in deathmatch.

Essence

Just as the title says, we should have the option of turning on player blips in deathmatches and see where the opponents are at all times. I'm not a big fan of pussy scrub sneaky cheapshots tbh, but hey that's just me.

If you care about deathmatch and take it seriously, you need to play another game. DM in GTA O is an afterthought.

Chamber53DV

Kinda takes the fun out it, play some LTS if you prefer blips.

Edited by Chamber53DV
  • Like 3

CarimboHanky

i'd rather be able to turn off the stupid flashing screens

• Like 4

TheGoodSgtScooter

Just as the title says, we should have the option of turning on player blips in deathmatches and see where the opponents are at all times. I'm not a big fan of pussy scrub sneaky cheapshots tbh, but hey that's just me.

And I'm not a fan of rolling around like some kind of circus freak.

Shadowfennekin

Call Lester.

I like it cause I can grab armor and more ammo for set weapon DMs without being harassed.

If there was a no Loser streak switch we'd talk

Call Lester.

$500 a call. Cheap.

I discovered calling Lester very useful when I was chasing my Deathmatch Tattoos. It made it much easier to get those crucial last two kills.

Today I call Lester when I'm the Power Player and begin giving up cheap kills because Im no camper and everyone sees me coming.

If you have the element of surprise because I killed you more times than you killed me, im not having that, so im taking that away from you.

So yeah, I rather call Lester than play camping games (not my style) and I rather have people calling Lester on me than them getting a "free peek" because Rockstar wants to even out the DM.

CarcerCityMadMan

Play freeroam then.They will never change it because they want you to use lester to chip away at your money.

Edited by CarcerCityMadMan
  • Like 2

Might as well pvp in free-roam if you want blips. Wish you would only show up on the map if you shot an unsilenced weapon, not for making noise or running across someone's screen. Not Having blips makes deathmatches funner because it keeps the tension up.

And since when did avoiding getting yourself killed make you a pussy? If anything, always knowing where every player is makes you weak. Just shows how paranoid you are. It's like bringing a a shotgun to a knife fight. The only reason you should reveal players is if the enemy is spamming (Fight fire with fire is almost always the best was to go) it or if you can't find a single opponent within 5 minutes of being alive (desperate players tend to just abandon the fighting ground).

If you care about deathmatch and take it seriously, you need to play another game. DM in GTA O is an afterthought.

People kill each other in free-roam all the time. Might as well get paid for it. PVP in deathmatches are better because you don't lose a large chunk of your health to the police and people can't pull out their tanks and armored vehicles. It's also cheaper. You don't have to pay for medical bills and you only drop $5 instead of $500 like in free-roam.

Stay in free roam OP, it's bad enough they nerfed the stealth feature to some degree. From a personal standpoint there shouldn't be any radar in deathmatches, it'll sharpen your wits instead of having to rely on a visual aid. I remember the days of playing Far Cry 2 DM's and Uprising where there was no radar. Furthermore Lester shouldn't even be an option in DM's.

Edited by SteveNYC

ninjaontour

"I'm not a big fan of pussy scrub sneaky cheapshots tbh, but hey that's just me." - Pussy O.P who needs a radar to avoid getting killed by more tactically versatile players.

58621916.jpg

Edited by ninjaontour
  • Like 3

The idea of a deathmatch is that you don't know where your opponent it.

• Like 2

I think we need options where our gun shoots for us too. I mean I don't want this game to be fun, not one bit.

I think we need options where our gun shoots for us too. I mean I don't want this game to be fun, not one bit.

Also we should be able to teleport to enemy players and then let the gun shoot for us because running, climbing and searching sucks and only pussies do it, am I right?

*sarcasm off*

• Like 3

Also we should be able to teleport to enemy players and then let the gun shoot for us because running, climbing and searching sucks and only pussies do it, am I right?

*sarcasm off*

I agree.

Either have blips in deathmatches or not, not this call Lester bullsh*t.

The image I have of players frantically bringing up their phone every couple of minutes is every bit as pathetic as watching those combat rolling arsewits.

Just have blips on / off as an option at the start.

I agree. Deathmatches in GTA 4 were so much fun and straight-up kill fests. Of course you had a lot more control over the options, such as turning off blips...most people didn't though. It was fast paced and aggressive fun. Everybody would just attack and everyone could rack up lots of kills.

GTA 5 is the complete opposite. Everyone just slinks around, camps, and hides. If you do well you have that stupid kill streak thing which makes your screen turn red so you can't see sh*t. DM's were a big let down for me.

CarimboHanky

I agree. Deathmatches in GTA 4 were so much fun and straight-up kill fests. Of course you had a lot more control over the options, such as turning off blips...most people didn't though. It was fast paced and aggressive fun. Everybody would just attack and everyone could rack up lots of kills.

GTA 5 is the complete opposite. Everyone just slinks around, camps, and hides. If you do well you have that stupid kill streak thing which makes your screen turn red so you can't see sh*t. DM's were a big let down for me.

people tend to oppose to blips in DMs because unlike V, in IV we had no kill death ratio...

We do want more options, but the pay-for features in GTAO negate the old "menu driven" games of GTA4.

Over complication of what was a simple game.

Oh and I hate the god damn filters.

Furry_Monkey

As long as everyone is the same then it's even. And really, LOOOOOOL @ "I'm not a big fan of pussy scrub sneaky cheapshots". So basically, anyone who plays the game in a way that you don't like is a "pussy scrub". K den.

Anyway, I have 2 words. Far blips.

WWEMichaelB

No. Thats what Death Matches are about. There really are no "cheap shots" like you claim there to be. If it bothers you that much then do as someone already suggested, call Lester, reveal players, repeat. But in your case it seems to be the opposite, eat, sleep, bitch, repeat.

Fail_At_GTA

I don't mind calling Lester to see where people are. However, I do mind those awful and very annoying filters. Those ruin deathmatch for me because I cant see where people are as I usually would. It completely throws off my game, so I avoid deathmatch as much as possible. I only do it for daily objectives.

"I'm not a big fan of pussy scrub sneaky cheapshots tbh, but hey that's just me." - Pussy O.P who needs a radar to avoid getting killed by more tactically versatile players.

58621916.jpg

I can GUARANTEE that im a better player in this game than you are, or all the other butthurt fools here who missed the point of this thread. there's nothing skillful about getting shot by someone you cant see, which is exactly why im an advocate for this feature.

and news flash to the other tards on here. calling lester is only a one-time thing per few minutes and it's too inconvenient. i wanna see posts from people who dont suffer from mental handicaps.

Edited by Essence

58621916.jpg

I can GUARANTEE that im a better player in this game than you are, or all the other butthurt fools here who missed the point of this thread. there's nothing skillful about getting shot by someone you cant see, which is exactly why im an advocate for this feature.

and news flash to the other tards on here. calling lester is only a one-time thing per few minutes and it's too inconvenient. i wanna see posts from people who dont suffer from mental handicaps.

And im willing to bet you're not that good, otherwise u wouldnt be bitching about blips.

Wanna prove me wrong? If ur on PS4, challenge me, bro. Free-Aim, Forced + Pick ups, no blips DM. If ur as good as u say u are, that shouldnt be a problem.

No blips requires u to think like a chess player, one step ahead of your foe. If u were any good, you'd already be able to do that and wouldnt be bitching cuz someone outsmarted you.

PS: calling lester to reveal players DOESNT have a cooldown, dumbass, u can call it up back to back as often as you want. But nice try.

Edit:

i wanna see posts from people who dont suffer from mental handicaps

:lol: oh, the irony.

Edited by TECHN9CiAN

58621916.jpg

And im willing to bet you're not that good, otherwise u wouldnt be bitching about blips.

Wanna prove me wrong? If ur on PS4, challenge me, bro. Free-Aim, Forced + Pick ups, no blips DM. If ur as good as u say u are, that shouldnt be a problem.

No blips requires u to think like a chess player, one step ahead of your foe. If u were any good, you'd already be able to do that and wouldnt be bitching cuz someone outsmarted you.

PS: calling lester to reveal players DOESNT have a cooldown, dumbass, u can call it up back to back as often as you want. But nice try.

Edit:

i wanna see posts from people who dont suffer from mental handicaps

:lol: oh, the irony.

lol you would lose that bet. shame it cant happen though since im on ps3 not ps4. me bitching about blips has nothing to do with how good i am.

this is gta, not chess. and i dont care how often you can call lester, it's an inconevenience. real shame though really, i love being the small minority who proves large majorities of tards wrong. and LOL at your infantile attempts to criticize my ways of fighting and then yet you lay out the terms in the way that suits YOU. too f*cking easy.

Edited by Essence