Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums! (92,347 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Trumple

[V|REL] Ped Riot Mode

Trumple

Changelog

v0.1:
- Initial release.
v0.2:
- Added ability to configure weapons given to peds, change toggle key, and tweak the number of rioters.
- Changed default key to F7.
v0.3:
- Fixed for Windows 7 users, updated for new Script Hook V version.
v0.4:
- Added config options to enable/disable cops and set rioter accuracy.
- Toggling the mod now reloads the config file.
- Minor bug fixes and optimizations.
v0.5:
- Added "all vs player" mode for ultimate challenge (see readme.txt)
- Fixed bug where rioters would sometimes warp into different animations (thanks for the report a_tavenner!)
- Tweaked rioter spawning

cover_v2_0.5.png

In this mod, all pedestrians have weapons, and they're all out to get...well, everyone else!

Download and install instructions:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/ped-riot-chaos-mode

Edited by Trumple

NexusAU

Great Mod! It's just like the crazy peds cheat from San Andreas

Edited by Nexus AU

Trumple

Great Mod! It's just like the crazy peds cheat from San Adreas

Thanks!

The crazy ped cheat was exactly what I was hoping to recreate, so that's nice to hear :)

Thanks for the video!

Jax765

This looks like it could be a helluva lot of fun. One question, would it be possible to have law enforcement battling with peds in the street too? If you were to get a wanted level, would they only target you, or other peds aswell?

dr0yed

Does this work online?

NexusAU

Thanks!

The crazy ped cheat was exactly what I was hoping to recreate, so that's nice to hear :)

Thanks for the video!

No worries, I had a lot of fun with it.

Edited by Nexus AU

gpcguy1

This is an awesome mod!

One thing I would suggest is to add an ini to configure what weapon types; all, no explosives, pistols, melee etc. :)

Great work :^:

ubtri

I love this mod! Thank you!

D4R

works fine. Thanks

Microbots

Is it possible to enable cops to battle these riot? Streets filled with Swat battling all peds would be awesome. (That would require escalation of wanted levels to peds though)

MR.GREY

this is great but can you change the ped to soldiers....hehehe

a_tavenner

Trumple, I'm copying my feedback from GTA 5-mods to here (I've seen your reply, this is just to keep it all in one place), but before that there's something I want to add: the amount of explosions leads to the camera shaking almost nonstop. Is there a way for you to disable that effect for the duration the mod being active? The constant motion is rather hard on the eyes.

As for the feedback:

- Customizable hotkey for on/off toggle.

- Peds with varying degrees of accuracy (they can barely hit anything right now)

- Right now you see firemen moving back and forth. Let the police, the army and the ambulances join in on the fun too.

- Have drivers participate, doing drive-bys and trying to run people over. Also plane and helicopter pilots.

- There's a bug right now that makes peds reset from ragdoll to standing up pose before the former is finished. This is particularly observable when they're on fire. Throw a molotov at a ped and you'll see what I mean

- peds aren't very good at using the minigun. They try using it in bursts, which kind of defeats the point, so it would be nice to tweak that. On the other hand, they are AMAZING at using explosives (which is good)

Another two things that just occurred to me for future versions: it would be funny to have some peds in the confusion trying to get by with melee weapons or bare fists. Plus, when you're on water or in the air, having them spawn in the appropriate vehicles could have amazing results. Imagine a bunch of helicopters fighting it out over Los Santos.

Also, spawning is buggy inside tunnels at the moment. Just go into one and you'll see.

Again, amazing mod. Most fun I've had in GTA 5 so far.

Edited by a_tavenner

JohnMcClainNYPD

Finally a Baltimore Mod ;)

xHaviiHx

I remember this from a Cheatcode in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. I think it was RIOT Mode or something like that.

leaninbones

Hotkey doesn't work for me for some reason. Is there a way I can change it?

xHaviiHx

Most of the Mods/Scripts have controls in the Key Bind menu. You might have a look there.

cp1dell

OP, what kind of functions did you use in the script? Just something to give all peds varying weapons, and start attacking?

Just curious because I remember the Ped Riot scripts for GTA IV being ridiculously complicated and filled with useless features and options, and they were just unstable in general. You couldn't play for a half hour without the game crashing. Nobody just made a script similar to the 3D Era cheats, but from the replies in this topic, this sounds exactly like that.

Edited by cp1dell

Tusillody

Works great, really love it! Will there be a way to make the peds more aggressive towards the player? Configurable distance to start firing at or something? I love it, but they don't pay much attention to me, I feel like I'm only watching the epic, satisfying chaos

Duplex

Finally a Baltimore Mod ;)

Oh snap!

enjoythekilling

Not sure if you can do this. But i get the error "failed to load" and last time i received this error was with the endeavour mod. The problem there was that it wasn't compatible with windows 7. Could you check to see if it's due to this issue? Even if your GTA mods probably won't work with the new update. The problem isn't that the patch updated my GTA V as i kept 2 backup copies of the previous patched GTA V. I simply removed the new update and replaced it with my old GTA V. Thanks if you can check this.

EnforcerZhukov

This is epic :D

It might be improved with some kind of... "factions"? I don't know if that could be done. For example, having two factions of peds, so they'll attack their enemies but fight with their allies. It can be like a war or something :3

Edited by noentiendero

moment0

Great job Trumple, looks awesome!

h4cker69

does this work with the new version

topeira

It might be improved with some kind of... "factions"? I don't know if that could be done. For example, having two factions of peds, so they'll attack their enemies but fight with their allies. It can be like a war or something :3

i agree.

i think there should be a variation of this mod that either spawns peds in factions, so it's not free for all but more of a team deathmatch, or make not all peds become hostile but only, say, 20% and they only attack the player (and his bodyguards, if he spawned any) and police.

this will mean that as you play along a random ped will start attacking you and as you attack him others will join.

the reason for only 20% of them to be hostile is just so you will actually be able to handle them and not die in 10 seconds. (obvioulsy 20% is an estimate. maybe 50% or 10% is better. needs testing)

EnforcerZhukov

BTW, wuing this mod with SAPD:FR (or the future LSPD:FR) is epic :3

kamaitachi

do you mind releasing some of the source code? I'd like to make some melee based riot modes for some police stuff i'm working on :)

dr0yed

Im downgraded but the mod didnt work for me before and after the patch. F5 doesnt do anything for me

Trumple

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I've released v0.2:

• Added configuration file so you can edit the weapons given to pedestrians (and therefore lower the number of explosions!), change enable/disable key, and change the maximum number of rioters spawned at any one time.
  • Changed default enable key to F7

This looks like it could be a helluva lot of fun. One question, would it be possible to have law enforcement battling with peds in the street too? If you were to get a wanted level, would they only target you, or other peds aswell?

Sounds do-able to be honest. Would be cool if the cops fought the rioters!

This is an awesome mod!

One thing I would suggest is to add an ini to configure what weapon types; all, no explosives, pistols, melee etc. :)

Great work :^:

Thanks, and done!

Trumple, I'm copying my feedback from GTA 5-mods to here (I've seen your reply, this is just to keep it all in one place), but before that there's something I want to add: the amount of explosions leads to the camera shaking almost nonstop. Is there a way for you to disable that effect for the duration the mod being active? The constant motion is rather hard on the eyes.

As for the feedback:

- Customizable hotkey for on/off toggle.

- Peds with varying degrees of accuracy (they can barely hit anything right now)

- Right now you see firemen moving back and forth. Let the police, the army and the ambulances join in on the fun too.

- Have drivers participate, doing drive-bys and trying to run people over. Also plane and helicopter pilots.

- There's a bug right now that makes peds reset from ragdoll to standing up pose before the former is finished. This is particularly observable when they're on fire. Throw a molotov at a ped and you'll see what I mean

- peds aren't very good at using the minigun. They try using it in bursts, which kind of defeats the point, so it would be nice to tweak that. On the other hand, they are AMAZING at using explosives (which is good)

Another two things that just occurred to me for future versions: it would be funny to have some peds in the confusion trying to get by with melee weapons or bare fists. Plus, when you're on water or in the air, having them spawn in the appropriate vehicles could have amazing results. Imagine a bunch of helicopters fighting it out over Los Santos.

Also, spawning is buggy inside tunnels at the moment. Just go into one and you'll see.

Again, amazing mod. Most fun I've had in GTA 5 so far.

Replied on GTA 5 mods but I'll also paste my reply:

-The customizable hotkey is on the way. Any suggestions for allowing a configuration? Is a JSON text file good enough?
-True, peds are pretty poor aim and I did intentionally set that but I think a random setting is a good idea
-Not sure why the police/paramedics don't join in anyway, but perhaps we can manually spawn them...
-Nice idea, I'll have a look and see if that's possible
-Thanks for the bug report, I can reproduce that too. I'll take a look into that tomorrow.
-Unfortunately I don't think I can do anything about the minigun. Perhaps setting accuracy higher will help.

You can now change it in the config file. Download v0.2 at the link in the original post :)

OP, what kind of functions did you use in the script? Just something to give all peds varying weapons, and start attacking?

Just curious because I remember the Ped Riot scripts for GTA IV being ridiculously complicated and filled with useless features and options, and they were just unstable in general. You couldn't play for a half hour without the game crashing. Nobody just made a script similar to the 3D Era cheats, but from the replies in this topic, this sounds exactly like that.

I will at some point release the source code. It's not too complicated, and I intend to keep it that way. I think people value stability over flashy features!

Works great, really love it! Will there be a way to make the peds more aggressive towards the player? Configurable distance to start firing at or something? I love it, but they don't pay much attention to me, I feel like I'm only watching the epic, satisfying chaos

Thanks! That's planned in v0.3!

Not sure if you can do this. But i get the error "failed to load" and last time i received this error was with the endeavour mod. The problem there was that it wasn't compatible with windows 7. Could you check to see if it's due to this issue? Even if your GTA mods probably won't work with the new update. The problem isn't that the patch updated my GTA V as i kept 2 backup copies of the previous patched GTA V. I simply removed the new update and replaced it with my old GTA V. Thanks if you can check this.

I'm not sure how to test this unfortunately. I'll have a little look over the weekend and report back!

Thanks! I like the factions idea, should also be possible. Cops, gangs, and you (+ your bodyguards!)?

Great job Trumple, looks awesome!

Thanks man, your help on the forums certainly helped so thank you for that!

Im downgraded but the mod didnt work for me before and after the patch. F5 doesnt do anything for me

Try F7, the new default key (or change it in the config)

Make sure you're on v0.2, too

Edited by Trumple

taylorinalaska

just joined to let you know that this mod isn't working.

// GTA V SCRIPT HOOK (build Apr 23 2015)//     © Alexander Blade 2015[21:36:53] INIT: Started[21:36:53] INIT: Success, game version is VER_1_0_335_2_STEAM[21:36:53] INIT: Registering script 'NativeTrainer.asi' (0x000007FEF7DF115E)[21:36:53] INIT: GtaThread collection is empty[21:36:53] INIT: Registering script 'SpawnBodyguard.asi2' (0x000007FEFB0814C0)[21:36:58] INIT: GtaThread collection size 164[21:37:59] CORE: Requesting thread creation[21:37:59] CORE: Creating threads[21:38:00] CORE: Started control thread, id 31 active 1[21:38:00] CORE: Started thread 'NativeTrainer.asi', id 32 active 1[21:38:00] CORE: Started thread 'SpawnBodyguard.asi2', id 33 active 1[21:38:00] CORE: Launching main() for 'NativeTrainer.asi'[21:38:00] CORE: Launching main() for 'SpawnBodyguard.asi2'

a_tavenner

Sadly I can't test it right now, I'm staying out of GTA V entirely until Scripthook is updated (Rockstar is dropping the first banhammer right now, according to Reddit). But I'm looking forward to check it out, it's so much fun (really, go to Mount Chilliad and witness the glory of people fighting on steep inclines, it's hilarious). One thing to reiterate, though:

@Trumple: Added configuration file so you can edit the weapons given to pedestrians (and therefore lower the number of explosions!), change enable/disable key, and change the maximum number of rioters spawned at any one time.

The number of explosions is awesome. I went to a narrow bridge and the chaos was magnificent, as cars tried to go past, running over people due to the lack of space, and got hit by grenade launchers and RPGs. No complaints there, it's great. The problem is that goddamn camera, which shakes violently with every explosion. I am not at all prone to motion sickness but still I felt eye strain after half an hour of playing. If you could provide the option to disable camera shaking (assuming it's even doable with current tools), that would be wonderful. :)