2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The AI accuracy conspiracy...

JokerSmokerToker

JokerSmokerToker

If you arent a free roam player, or a cash card scrub, you are aware of how insanely accurate the AI is in this game. Even on the easy setting, their aim is still on par with robocop, it just seems that the damage multiplier is reduced a little bit on easy, but if you play on normal or hard, to maximize profits, you WILL get your block knocked by their pin point accuracy.

If you arent batsh*t insane, you can see how this would get annoying after a while. Drivers of SUVs headshotting you from a half mile away, helicopter gunmen blasting you through the roof of your 100% armored car, buzzard pilots able to swivel their machine guns at impossible angles in relation to the attitude of the chopper, not being able to swim away from the aforementioned enemies due to them knowing exactly where you are as if youre wearing a f*cking flare as a hat, 20 feet below the ocean surface...the list goes on...

After dealing with this crap for a year or more, i have come to the conclusion that there is a conspiracy in action. The conspiracy is to bully players into buying cash cards instead of playing missions for income. It seems to be working, seeing as how our DLCs are free thanks to the massive amount of scrubs who actually buy cash cards. Ive never been able to justify spending real money on ingame currency, especially not my own hard earned money. Im not really that mad at rockstar, because i know i wont be buying their GTA$ ever, let them rake in the money from 12 year olds using mommy's credit card, i actually enjoy playing missions all day, however i do NOT enjoy getting sh*t on by AIs who must be related to robocop.

I enjoy a challenge just as much as the next guy, but the AI accuracy is just too damn good, good to the point where some missions are just a hassle, and it sucks the fun out of playing.

All i want R* to do is drop the accuracy just down the point where enemies weapons actually have spread, and not every f*cking round hits you dead on, whether youre just coming out from behind cover, or going back behind cover...make it realistic, not damn near impossible. I can deal with the damage multiplier on hard, but for f*cks sake, the enemy lands 9/10 shots no matter what theyre doing, getting spun out from a crash while chasing you, blind firing from cover, shooting from helos when they cant even see you...just UGH. STAHP IT.

EDIT: on an unrelated note, what is the deal with rockstars obssesion with East Los Fm, Soulwax, and NonStop Pop radio? Every damn mission start screen i end up in has one of those 3 playing by default...i dont speak spanish, and i dont like sh*tty music :(

Edited by JokerSmokerToker

Feckin Lost bouncing bullets off my vehicle with a pistol, from half a mile away at high speed while dodging traffic on a bike.

• Like 3

KamikaziOtter

Of course, why do you think you loose $500 either way when you die... either you pay money to the hospital or drop it on the ground. Why do you think they make the cops as obnoxious as they are?!? ;)

10dd1t3.jpg

Edited by KamikaziOtter

happygrowls

Remember, a bunch of armed civilians can be as accurate as the Army! GTA Logic.

• Like 3

Feckin Lost bouncing bullets off my vehicle with a pistol, from half a mile away at high speed while dodging traffic on a bike.

...or while blindfiring from behind an OP cover crate.

Edited by Scuba 21
  • Like 2

BlindBusDriver

It's called 'artificial difficulty' and it's been being used by developers for years.

It's not a big conspiracy.

It's just that it's far easier to just make enemies harder by giving them more health, and deal more damage, than it is to make a smart AI which can fight back with some sort of strategy. Which is why you rarely have AI flanking or using cover realistically, but you do see a redneck with a pistol running through and open field shooting you with the accuracy of a DEVGRU Operator.

Maybe because it adds challenge to the game? IDK it's fine to me. I mean you do get auto aim and a lot more health than the NPC's, it's only fair that they have accuracy.

• Like 3

*Sidenote

How come a lot of people assume that iff you buy a cash card your a scrub or a child still hanging on your mothers waist? I buy cash cards with my own money and I'm 22 years old. I don't have the time to put into this game anymore like I did on 360 so when I want something is just buy it and get straight to the fun. Lol what's $20 every now and again?

As a buyer of shark cards, I can proudly tell you angsty f*ckboys this: You're welcome for the free DLC.

Edit: On another note, everybody knows that every NPC is secretly a retired marine sniper.

Edited by Haisieo

Soran Is On

*Sidenote

How come a lot of people assume that iff you buy a cash card your a scrub or a child still hanging on your mothers waist? I buy cash cards with my own money and I'm 22 years old. I don't have the time to put into this game anymore like I did on 360 so when I want something is just buy it and get straight to the fun. Lol what's $20 every now and again?

about 2-3 grams.

I have more fun grinding missions high than flying a hydra sober.

FourFingersOfFun

Yeah, because the AI killing you costs you SOOO much money that you're forced to buy a shark card. Damn, these shark card conspiracies get weaker and more desperate every day

• Like 3

monkb4skunk

*Sidenote

about 2-3 grams.

I have more fun grinding missions high than flying a hydra sober.

ha nice

Honestly it's clear they intended not to make the missions a cakewalk, and it's clearly built around the cover and auto aim system in place. But to make them super accurate just for shark cards? Nah I won't buy into that. I mean for accurate as they are, we still get much more health than them, and we can carry snacks and body armor on us. The blindfire accuracy is annoying, but Mr. Grenade can gladly solve that issue.

I did notice though that the AI's accuracy goes down a bit when you fire back.

Locrito1995

Remember, a bunch of armed civilians can be as accurate as the Army! GTA Logic.

Actually, army men, merryweather men, and I think NOOSE have the best accuracy of all the AIs.

I'm not saying other's is not good.

Having trouble with NPCs during missions,setups,and heists?

Here is 4 words with 1 character:Heavy Vest + Armored Kuruma

• Like 2

stillmatik36

i dont worry about them anymore, only thing that gets me is when you think the coast is clear and they spawn behind you out oh thin air

LBCWorldWide

bcf7e443cbe63fb34ae6615eb842486517d882f1

...you have too much time on your hands OP.

LBC 😎

• Like 6

CarimboHanky

i stopped doing missions a long time ago so i never had issues with AI accuracy til i started doing time based stuff like the elite challenges...

those mofos inside the humane labs are crazy!!!

The post is filled with ignorance I can't think of a reply, which does not insult OP, biased hyperocite thread, you call who buy cash card scrubs, while they payed for the free DLC you got, and complain about AI in a game set in imagery city, and you don't know, maybe in that time you have to serve 5 years with robocop or they just robocop reskinned as a human.

That a better theory then yours.

• Like 2

I disagree. The other day I left GTA on with my character in contact missions standing there and still made a load of money without doing anything. Why would I buy cash cards?

The accuracy thing is a major pain the ass, but what's worse is how you sometimes just drop dead instantly from 100% health + heavy armour.

I remember during the prison break heist some NOOSE Agents are literally so far away that my crosshair completely obscures them from view, and yet while i'm behind cover they're able to land shots on my arms while i'm blind firing... Peaking out for longer than a second is basically a death sentence, or at the very least having to spend 30 seconds eating snacks and putting on more body armour.

Don't even get me started on how much f*cking health hard enemies have. If you don't land a perfect headshot the same target can fall over and get up in excess of 10 times before they die. If you spray at their bodies on the ground they end up sponging up at least 30 bullets before they die. Stupid.

• Like 5

The Lone Wanderer

if there's a conspiracy to make missions so difficult why add the kuruma?

and I don't really mind the accuracy it makes up for your ability to be shot 15 times and walk it off if they were inaccurate your health would need decreasing and that would be more annoying.

I rarely get killed in good cover so it seems ok.

• Like 2

i dont worry about them anymore, only thing that gets me is when you think the coast is clear and they spawn behind you out oh thin air

Im with you on this. I can deal with the accuracy as unrealistic as it is. Its when they spawn in the area you have already cleared out that frustrates me. Are they crawling out of holes in the ground or are they teleporting to that location like the terminator?

Señor_Fisto

Never attribute to malice that which can easily be explained by poor game design

im at work reading this...the same job that paid for my ps4, pays my bills, and pays for the occasional cash card

wtf are people talking about...complaining about something you don't have to buy?

this is a joke right right...about the relation between the AI accuracy and cash cards....surely

jeankm39484

The AI accuracy is simply absurd. They're able to snipe you to death with a mere pistol.