2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Saver or spender?

Alvarez

Money spending  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Are you spending or saving money right now?

• I save up for next shopping spree and eventually, for some cushion
    • I invest all my money in assets, money is dead weight.
    • I have everything i need, money doesn't really matter to me ATM
    • My account should have at least 10 millions.
    • I don't work in-game, i buy Megalodons.

Are you a saving or spending money, at least, for now?

Right now, it seems you could have bought pretty much everything the Heist Update added and save up for the next eventual update, but there are also spending possibilities, like blow 5K cash on ammo for heavy fire support.

Are you playing the game for money or have you reached a point where you can not worry about lack of purchasable items and therefore funds for them?

Edited by Alvarez

terabaapkabaap

well I don't play a lot, and since my time got scarce, I started being broke on purpose, so I could kill with ease and earned enough for FR costs and ammo. Always have a minimum 10k on me tho.
Oh and 700k on a secondary :) Cushion

Edited by terabaapkabaap

I buy everything I need then I do missions/heists until my balance is back to a comfortable amount. I don't like having less than $20 mil.

I am pretty much a spender. I like repainting and trying new vehicles.

I used to be poor with nobody to play with and all I did was robbing stores. I was glad when I meet a good guy who grinded mission with me and pulled me out of poverty hole. However, all those torturing grind reward gone after a tiny little minor spending.

Then came the hooker glitch and I took the chance to make money out of it. I laundered at least 1 million for rainy day and kept my money at 8 millions. After this glitch, all I do is mission and now helping people on heist, which is only on call. Since I never play this game anymore other than helping people, so the rewards are stacking in my account without any spending - and if I want to spend, I never feel worry anymore like last time. :^:

Edited by luisniko

Locrito1995

I am pretty much a spender. I like repainting and trying new vehicles.

I used to be poor with nobody to play with and all I did was robbing stores. I was glad when I meet a good guy who grinded mission with me and pulled me out of poverty hole. However, all those torturing grind reward gone after a tiny little minor spending.

Then came the hooker glitch and I took the chance to make money out of it. I laundered at least 1 million for rainy day and kept my money at 8 millions. After this glitch, all I do is mission and now helping people on heist, which is only on call. Since I never play this game anymore other than helping people, so the rewards are stacking in my account without any spending - and if I want to spend, I never feel worry anymore like last time. :^:

Doing missions solo is not hard except for a few ones, and for those who require more players e.e

There was a time a long time ago in which I spent everything I had to buy cars to race, having at least one in each category. After I had them all, pretty much money just kept acumulating.

I'm mainly a saver but sometimes I splurge on things like the Miljet and Shamal (like real life.....damn delicious *biscuits). I only got the Shamal to add variety to jet spawns at the airport as it force spawns more Shamals.

I also splurge on ammo if I feel like PVP and someone kills me when minding my own business.

*not cookies, biscuits :p

Nothing else I want or for me to buy in the game other than ammo for free mode and blowing up armoured kurumas and reverse killers, thats about where all my money goes.

Edited by CrazyHandz

Van_Hellsing

I bought all heist vehicles and clothes twice for two avatars. With upgrades my bank account dropped from 33 million to 7 million. :blink:

I never was so poor since the great money wipe depression. But now I am back to a healthy 23+ million. I am helping out my friends with heists. Since I hate finale hoppers I help randoms by joining setups when I feel up to it. But I am not grinding for saving up to buy something.

I started out with 700k. The next day I was down to less than 100k. I really screwed that one up. Wish there was a way to get my 700k back :L

I try out new stuff but it's mostly things like upgrades and colors for existing cars, not buying new stuff... So I voted I have everything I need.

How do you invest exactly?

Pyingyongyang

I started playing 2 weeks ago when the PC version came out. I spent the $500K pre-order money on a high-end apartment and weapons.

1 week, and a ton of heists missions later and I had enough money to buy an Armored Kuruma, which I did.

Right I now have $800K, should I save up for the Rhino tank, or the Buzzard helicopter, or just spend it immediately on an Insurgent?

voted for option 1. and 3. both. i save my money for spending sprees, because i have everything i need. if i need or want something then i go do what i need to do to get it.

Shadowfennekin

I have everything I want at the current time. I just save up now so I can buy what I want immediately next update.

9.5 mil and counting.

I also use some explosives when helping out on Heist setups now like Trash Truck. When we're at the gas station, grenade launch all the cars. That's usually the part I see people drop dead on so I eliminate the threat

I am a spender. Usually have 200k to 500k in the bank, but I also have 30 cars all fully upgraded, helis, planes, all guns with full ammo, and all he clothing options except masks. I can't stop spending all my money on car upgrades. And now with chrome rims I'm taking a beating again. Next purchase is a Casco, so I'm going to need a mil before I purchase that.

Hoosierdaddy76

Save until there's something I want, then begin saving for the next thing, whatever it is. I don't exactly want for much, so it's not too difficult accumulating a tidy sum in a short time. My biggest expenditure these days is ammo.

Miss Malevolent

I save so I can splurge on whatever I want later.

Plus I pretty much own everything over two characters...so there isn't really anything to buy. At this point I'm thinking of things to buy (random pegasus vehicles I don't own) just to buy it not cause I actually want or need it.

So when they bring out some new sh*t to get, I'll buy that too.

Hoosierdaddy76

I started playing 2 weeks ago when the PC version came out. I spent the $500K pre-order money on a high-end apartment and weapons.

1 week, and a ton of heists missions later and I had enough money to buy an Armored Kuruma, which I did.

Right I now have $800K, should I save up for the Rhino tank, or the Buzzard helicopter, or just spend it immediately on an Insurgent?

Save for the Buzzard--or, better yet, the Savage--which will then allow you to farm missions on easy-mode while raining down death from above.

I always lose to much in freeroam battles by blowing up cars, off radar, calling cops off me etc... So I don't bother saving.

Il do a few heist with friends and crew and just by something random lol

Dont need anything thanks to the billionaire days I have every super car and Pegasus vehicle

I didn't vote because I am a saver AND a spender.

I have around $25 million that I spend on odds and ends... But at the same time, I am saving my 30 Adder Bonds in my off shore account (second character :D).

• Like 1

Normally I save my money but this week I found myself spending a LOT on cars for racing and style purposes.

Tuned one car for every race class that matters. Have 100k left atm and btw never glitched any money or stuff. (total income of 18.7mio at level 201)

I'm a huge saver. For some reason the more money I get the cheaper I am. And that's at 46 mil. Idk why.

For me, there is nothing left to spend money on. Aside from blowing PVs up, sometimes for no reason whatsoever, f*ck your damn car... lol.

I have so much money I don't even think about it anymore

My play style allows both. I always take in more than I spend and I have no issue with splurging on expensive items or free roam mega battles.

Like Van Hellsing, I enjoy helping low level randoms with setups. Mission sprees are still my go to. I generally earn 100-300k per sit down with the game. Currently maintaining a 55 million dollar minimum balance.

I'm definitely a saver. I don't like to spend money on things I know I'm only going to use one or twice. On both of my characters I only have 1 high end apartment. I own 8 cars with my 1st character and 5 cars with my 2nd. I own 3 pegasus vehicles with my 1st and don't own any with my 2nd. I'm currently sitting on 17.5 mil so I have money to blow, just don't want to.

CarimboHanky

i spend a minimum of 200k on a typical 2-3 hour freeroam session so, i guess im not a saver im not.

i have been a millionaire since very early in the game, so blowin money is the only way i know!

oleg_aka_djmeg

for some reason i read it as savage or sadler. what have people with karumas have done with me...

JohnnyCallisto

Usually it's SAVE -> DOWNLOAD UPDATE -> SPEND IT ALL -> START SAVING AGAIN

...but I have no idea when the next update is likely to drop, so I'm currently working on filling my 2nd characters 3 garages up with 30 new vehicles - I don't let my bank balance drop too far below $1m (just in case!) ..but treating myself to an Adder, a Z-type, a Coquette Classic, a Stinger, a Turismo R, a Voltic, a Banshee, a Carbonizzare and a Comet didn't come cheap! ..I may not dip below $1m too often - but I don't exactly get too far over $1m either these days!

Edited by JohnnyCallisto

I didn't vote because I am a saver AND a spender.

I have around $25 million that I spend on odds and ends... But at the same time, I am saving my 30 Adder Bonds in my off shore account (second character :D).

fyi, it is a multiple choice poll. you can choose more than one. :beerhat: