2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

350$ PC beats the PS4 (GTAV)

VIPΣR

Yes, it did beat the PS4. Watch it yourself.

Not trying to start a PC/console war

Edited by VIPΣR

Kaito Katsumi

This should be the only way we educate people between pros and cons of PC and Consoles. Not some "Consoles sux we pc are muster rice console peasants"

Fact:PC is indeed superior

Opinion: PC/Consoles are best.

Different products cater to different needs.

Good to see we can play it nicely on a 350 bucks pc.

EDIT: eh dood. You have the specs for this yo?

Edited by Kaito Katsumi

This is refreshing to see. You see the console fanboys always trying to prove that "You need a $1000+ Gaming PC to play games at 1080p 60fps" when in fact, this video proves that wrong.

I'm not a fanboy of either platform; in fact I enjoy both PC and consoles. But it's nice to see solid, concrete proof that you don't need to spend your life savings to run a game at a stable framerate.

dVOJf7l.png

This should be the only way we educate people between pros and cons of PC and Consoles. Not some "Consoles sux we pc are muster rice console peasants"

Fact:PC is indeed superior

Opinion: PC/Consoles are best.

Different products cater to different needs.

Good to see we can play it nicely on a 350 bucks pc.

EDIT: eh dood. You have the specs for this yo?

The specs are in the description.

This is refreshing to see. You see the console fanboys always trying to prove that "You need a $1000+ Gaming PC to play games at 1080p 60fps" when in fact, this video proves that wrong.

I'm not a fanboy of either platform; in fact I enjoy both PC and consoles. But it's nice to see solid, concrete proof that you don't need to spend your life savings to run a game at a stable framerate.

Not just that, but it also outperforms the PS4 and only costs 350$. Of course you need to know where to get the parts from. I'm not a PC elitist nor a fanboy. I own a PS4 myself. You surely do not need 1000$ for 1080p 60fps, 1000$ is more like for a 4K entry rig.

gtx 760 is the most under rated card in the market. i've got two and those together puts the 960 under shame. and looking around, close to the 970 performance results.

How the f*ck is he getting 60FPS with 760 GTX, It ain't even that powerful? I'm dropping to 30 constantly in some places.

Streifenkarl

If you buy used parts it can be even cheaper

He bought used parts, otherwise it would be impossible for him with the hardware to be near 350 dollar.

How the f*ck is he getting 60FPS with 760 GTX, It ain't even that powerful? I'm dropping to 30 constantly in some places.

u are retaded?

i5 2500k gtx 760 2gb, 8gb ram and win 8.1

1980x1020 settings high with FFXA on, MSAA off

vsync off 70-55 fps

0 stuttering

amazing optymalization easy confortable gaming, just post FX on high cuz this effect sucks dick

easy 60fps so stfu noob

• Like 1

Are you alt tabbing the game (or toggling v sync off and on again) before start? I have to do this everytime otherwise my framerate cuts in half from 60 to 30 in certain areas. (a lot of people reported the same thing, I guess it's a bug that needs to be patched).

u are retaded?

i5 2500k gtx 760 2gb, 8gb ram and win 8.1

1980x1020 settings high with FFXA on, MSAA off

vsync off 70-55 fps

0 stuttering

amazing optymalization easy confortable gaming, just post FX on high cuz this effect sucks dick

easy 60fps so stfu noob

He's using an i5 from 2009, also what's up with the "retard" and "noob" insults, that's something a 12 year old would post who's got nothing to say. Just grow up :miranda: .

• Like 3

a GTX 760 costs $350 alone

ce2.png

I understand you want to be an ignorant stupid motherf*cker cuz it feeds your ego but consoles are very superior in terms of price to performance and it's also a lot easier for the non-tech guy

• Like 1

ce2.png

I understand you want to be an ignorant stupid motherf*cker cuz it feeds your ego but consoles are very superior in terms of price to performance and it's also a lot easier for the non-tech guy

Well not really, the cheapest I could find was 222$ but the whole PC is still way more than 350$.

Crimson Flam3s

Yeah and anyone can get a ps4/xbox one for much less used, your point?

Anyone here really thinks you can build something that good with that much mmoney? Lol

lastmanonearth

Here`s how they get you... a game that comes out in 4 years time will require some sort of a hardware update or another to play on PC, while the console versions will be downgraded sufficiently that you can play them with no lag. I personally have a hard time seeing any difference between a stable 30 FPS rate and 60 FPS. I also don`t own any 4K displays. That $350 PC wouldn`t happen to include a state of the art cooling system so even if you play a 4K game on it I wouldn`t trust it to handle it for a long time without overheating.

The things I value in gaming are practicality and convenience. It`s easy to dish out $400 one time in 8 years and be able to play whatever you want without worrying whether it`ll work or have a choppy framerate or whatever. It is also more comfortable laying on the sofa with your feet up and playing on a controller 10ft away than it is sitting behind a computer. The biggest obstacle is putting it all together, for someone like me who has no time to waste on figuring out how the PCs work in order to build them myself. I mean, I could if it were absolutely necessary, but even then... I prefer the convenience, comfort, and the one time payment that goes on a PS, plus the guarantee that I`ll always be able to play it without upgrading or what have you.

I thought it was a great experiment though and it opened my eyes. I honestly didn`t think that 4K gaming was available to anyone who doesn`t spend 4K, but boy was I wrong! Still, to each his own and I`m even happy with a PS3 until I feel the need has come to upgrade to a PS4.

Here`s how they get you... a game that comes out in 4 years time will require some sort of a hardware update or another to play on PC, while the console versions will be downgraded sufficiently that you can play them with no lag. I personally have a hard time seeing any difference between a stable 30 FPS rate and 60 FPS. I also don`t own any 4K displays. That $350 PC wouldn`t happen to include a state of the art cooling system so even if you play a 4K game on it I wouldn`t trust it to handle it for a long time without overheating.

The things I value in gaming are practicality and convenience. It`s easy to dish out $400 one time in 8 years and be able to play whatever you want without worrying whether it`ll work or have a choppy framerate or whatever. It is also more comfortable laying on the sofa with your feet up and playing on a controller 10ft away than it is sitting behind a computer. The biggest obstacle is putting it all together, for someone like me who has no time to waste on figuring out how the PCs work in order to build them myself. I mean, I could if it were absolutely necessary, but even then... I prefer the convenience, comfort, and the one time payment that goes on a PS, plus the guarantee that I`ll always be able to play it without upgrading or what have you.

I thought it was a great experiment though and it opened my eyes. I honestly didn`t think that 4K gaming was available to anyone who doesn`t spend 4K, but boy was I wrong! Still, to each his own and I`m even happy with a PS3 until I feel the need has come to upgrade to a PS4.

You can easily downgrade your graphics on PC as well – it's called changing the graphics settings. If you're having a hard time spotting the difference between 30 and 60 fps, I can't help you with that – the difference is pretty damn obvious in my opinion. A computer can be hooked up to a TV just as easily as a console, and there are plenty of different controllers do choose from.

I personally have a hard time seeing any difference between a stable 30 FPS rate and 60 FPS.

Here's a similar comparison from a few days ago:

xnGbDts.gif

Edited by lydianduck

Kaito Katsumi

ce2.png

depends on where you live, i bought mine first hand for 160 bucks. Cmon man, i stated above, we are discussing like gentlemen, and not using the master race insults on you guys. Shouldn't you do the same by cutting back the insults? Edited by Kaito Katsumi

lastmanonearth

You can easily downgrade your graphics on PC as well – it's called changing the graphics settings. If you're having a hard time spotting the difference between 30 and 60 fps, I can't help you with that – the difference is pretty damn obvious in my opinion. A computer can be hooked up to a TV just as easily as a console, and there are plenty of different controllers do choose from.

It could be because my TV has 240Hz, effectively quadrupling the framerate of any input signal. Another possibility is that having a PC spoiled your eyes to the point where a framerate of 30 is no longer pleasurable for you. Our human eyes are generally lazy and unless they`re exposed to high framerates, they adjust to lower ones and then they feel normal to us. A dog for example sees only blinking lights when watching TV, they say, because its eyes are evolved for hunting and therefore it needs a higher framerate. Anyway, like I said "to each his own!" As for the controller, yeah but wireless controllers for PC cost more and they come free with a console. The money issue has a lot to do with my choice. Although a controller by itself doesn`t cost that much, you have the that, then you have the keyboard, you need a computer desk, it gets way over my head with all the stuff and extra expenses. Plus I don`t have to worry about my console overheating as much as a cheap computer with a cheap cooling fan, unless that`s expensive as well.

EDIT: ^^What about 30FPS? Don`t tell me that 6 added frames per second make no difference! Anyway it depends mostly on what you`re used to, like I described above.

Edited by lastmanonearth

It's not eyes adjusting, it's the brain getting used to consistency. If you go 30 it's annoying your brain for a while and then you settle, and then vice versa. The word for this phenomena is 'jarring difference'. Stop with these uselessly long winded posts. PC is highly customizable, but on consoles ur guaranteed a middle of the road positive experience, so take your pick.

Edited by ALPHATT

PCMasterRace46

I knew this when so called next gen consoles released. Only next gen to the 12-17 age group. The rest of us know the deal. 4K ftw.

It could be because my TV has 240Hz, effectively quadrupling the framerate of any input signal. Another possibility is that having a PC spoiled your eyes to the point where a framerate of 30 is no longer pleasurable for you. Our human eyes are generally lazy and unless they`re exposed to high framerates, they adjust to lower ones and then they feel normal to us. A dog for example sees only blinking lights when watching TV, they say, because its eyes are evolved for hunting and therefore it needs a higher framerate. Anyway, like I said "to each his own!" As for the controller, yeah but wireless controllers for PC cost more and they come free with a console. The money issue has a lot to do with my choice. Although a controller by itself doesn`t cost that much, you have the that, then you have the keyboard, you need a computer desk, it gets way over my head with all the stuff and extra expenses. Plus I don`t have to worry about my console overheating as much as a cheap computer with a cheap cooling fan, unless that`s expensive as well.

EDIT: ^^What about 30FPS? Don`t tell me that 6 added frames per second make no difference! Anyway it depends mostly on what you`re used to, like I described above.

I have been a console gamer for most of my life. Once I jumped to PC gaming and finally got the see those 60 frames per second, I immediatly noticed the difference because it felt and looked a lot smoother. But hey, I'm okay with 30fps when it is a singleplayer only game, sports game or a racing game, yeah I usually play the last 2 on my PS4. I surely need 60fps in an online shooter, most of the time you need to react quick and 30fps seem way off. That's my opinion afterall and as you said "to each their own!".

Edited by VIPΣR
  • Like 1

For me it is not the point that a PC that costs the same can beat the consoles in games.

The main point is, that a PC belongs to you, and it can run anything you want.

So a $600 PC that can be used for anything has much more value than something that costs $400 and can only run what you are allowed to.

Edited by utack

Here`s how they get you... a game that comes out in 4 years time will require some sort of a hardware update or another to play on PC, while the console versions will be downgraded sufficiently that you can play them with no lag.

Are you insane! The amount of legacy support on the PC is nuts! Only recently has XP been getting less love (very understandable), lets be clear - the thing is ancient! As in PS TWO ancient, or near enough. Other than very lenient DX requirements, games can otherwise generally be scaled down to run on older hardware.

The things I value in gaming are practicality and convenience. It`s easy to dish out $400 one time in 8 years and be able to play whatever you want without worrying whether it`ll work or have a choppy framerate or whatever.

Ill give you the convenience factor :) But as for the rest, you could (I wouldnt personally want the task) put together a budget build, which btw, there seems to be vids uploaded monthly since the PS4 launched how to put together an entire machine, incl OS, keyboard/mouse, the lot and equal or better the console version.

It is also more comfortable laying on the sofa with your feet up and playing on a controller 10ft away than it is sitting behind a computer.

Couldnt agree more, I enjoy this too, on my PC @4K.

The biggest obstacle is putting it all together, for someone like me who has no time to waste on figuring out how the PCs work in order to build them myself. I mean, I could if it were absolutely necessary, but even then... I prefer the convenience, comfort, and the one time payment that goes on a PS, plus the guarantee that I`ll always be able to play it without upgrading or what have you.

You werent a lego kid, were you? Its not for everyone, dont beat yourself up.

Dont forget that after the "one time payment" you gotta do an extra "one time payment" on every title as they cost more and Im not even talking about the INCREDIBLE sales PC owners enjoy, there is also another extra "one time payment" waiting for you when you do move up to the convenient PS4, playing online ^_^

As for the controller, yeah but wireless controllers for PC cost more and they come free with a console.

They dont cost more! You can get pretty cheap ones. I cant vouch if those are any use, coz I use a 360 one, which I got with my 360 ^^' (Is that cheating?). I did have to spend 20 quid on a receiver, it was a hard month, but I survived.

I knew this when so called next gen consoles released. Only next gen to the 12-17 age group. The rest of us know the deal. 4K ftw.

Age is irrelevant here, it's about knowledge lol

lastmanonearth

http://www.testufo.com/#test=framerates

Here's another crystal clear example: 30 vs 60.

Btw, I agree that 30fps stable is fine, but given the choice, I'd stick to 60.

Thanks for the comparison, but the funniest thing is that on my 240Hz TV the 30 FPS version honest to God looks smoother and the 60 FPS one jumps every second! I have no idea why.

Age is irrelevant here, it's about knowledge lol

lastmanonearth

You werent a lego kid, were you? Its not for everyone, dont beat yourself up.

Dont forget that after the "one time payment" you gotta do an extra "one time payment" on every title as they cost more and Im not even talking about the INCREDIBLE sales PC owners enjoy, there is also another extra "one time payment" waiting for you when you do move up to the convenient PS4, playing online ^_^

I`ll give you the benefit of the doubt for the other points, including that I might be insane LOL but GTA V is the only game I`ve paid full price for as I had pre-ordered it, and every other game I swear I have 100+ and I haven`t spent more than $20 bucks on any other title. I usually buy them after at least a year after release and until then I play dozens of other awesome titles that are available. I don`t know much about PCs even though I was a PC gamer before SA came out, albeit I was a kid who merely played games and so now if you gave me components to put together I would know a GPU from GTFO. :lol:

BTW no my parents couldn`t afford me LEGOs, that could be it in a nutshell.

Edited by lastmanonearth