3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Why everyone hates Luis Lopez?

The Dedito Gae

The Dedito Gae

i always found weird that he's so disliked among IV fans, TBOGT is poorly written compared to IV and TLAD, but IMO he's not ,even though he's not outstanding he's not a mess of a character like CJ or Trevor, he's a pretty cool guy, he's always there for his ungrateful friends and mom, he's incredible patient and loyal with Tony and he had to bear with some really annoying characters (Mori, Rocco, Armando, Daisy, Bulgarin, Armando, Margo, Arnaud and Armando)

i'll concede that the guy has a terrible warddrobe, but the default jacket and business suit suffices, maybe i connect personally with him more than i do with Johnny or Niko, but i truly don't see why people tends to hate him, TBOGT is so full of annoying characters that people don't realize that is impossible to not behave like a moody asshole ,is the enviroment around him, not Luis.

• Like 2

Luis lopez is my third favorite gta character. his humor is not forced and works well in the game.

• Like 4

I don't hate him, I just found him bland comparatively. I still enjoyed playing as him more than Niko.

lastmanonearth

TBoGT as a whole just feels like a reality TV show and it`s boring. There`s no sense of urgency or any level of emotional attachment to any of the characters. Like Gigs above I prefer him over Niko, because at least he speaks better English. At least TLATD had something special about it, which were the motorcycles. But I dislike both EFLC stories, too much internal crap like a cheap reality TV show and not fighting for one gang then for another gang then taking over the city like all the other GTAs.

TheOneLibertonian

I enjoyed playing as Luis. He is such a funny and charismatic character. I find him a little bit annoying, it's just because he is surrounded by assholes like Mori and Bulgarin.

• Like 2

Shouldn't this be in the "TBoGT" section?

Anyway, I actually liked him, I enjoyed him more than Niko. I can see what you are talking about, everyone else are just... A******s, but not him.

universetwisters

He's always come off as a smart as to me, sorta.

Algonquin Assassin

I never used to like him much, but over time I've grown to like him more. Still not as good as Niko and Johnny IMO, but I don't think he's terrible

• Like 1

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

PhillBellic

I like him. Unfortunately, I think him being surrounded by as*holes, hampered his likeability.

• Like 2

The Dedito Gae

Shouldn't this be in the "TBoGT" section?

that place is like a cemetary, i can get more answers on why he seems to be so heavily disliked.

I like him. Unfortunately, I think him being surrounded by as*holes, hampered his likeability.

why?

half of assholes in TOBGT ain't even his friends,he's just suffering them as much as we do.

I think Luis is really a bro and best thing that could happen to Tony.

He is very loyal to his friends and he's still diligent and cool-headed even to assholes he meets in-game. He's not the escalation type.

As for writing of his story, i still have felt it popcornish, light-hearted, not really sophisticated. But that doesn't mean, it is bad.

Luis Lopez is a cool character, he act cool and maybe a little cocky but hey when you are surrounded by assholes you have to look over the shoulder or they will take you down, Armando and Enrique are his friends and even when he is outta the ghetto he still hang out with both of they, he is loyal to the people who are important to him, he is not trying to be a kingpin or a gang boss he is trying to keep his business and take care of it and his business partner and boss Tony, even when Tony acts like an neurotic prick he still manages to keep the situation on feet, and he is no whining about every bad thing he do, he is cool character with a short history that maybe made us feel that he was undeveloped.

That is just my personal opinion.

Yeah, i agree. I liked him, his arguments with Mori and Rocco were hilarious to me.

• Like 4

tranceking26

I always liked him. Some things he comes out with are funny.

Son of Zeus

"Not a mess like CJ..."

That's a large amount of hate you got there, pal.

Anyway, Luis is better than that one-dimensional cliche' called Tommy, I don't hate him that much.

Edited by Son of Zeus

The Dedito Gae

"Not a mess like CJ..."

That's a large amount of hate you got there, pal.

the guy is a whimp who gets punched and bossed by Tenpenny in one mission and infiltrates a military base in the next one, of course he's a mess.

• Like 2

Son of Zeus

the guy is a whimp who gets punched and bossed by Tenpenny in one mission and infiltrates a military base in the next one, of course he's a mess.

So he should have killed Tenpenny on the spot and get Sweet killed, and also have the entire LSPD on his ass for the rest of his life?

I know you hate the guy, so I'm not gonna go over this again. One stupid mission(added for fun by some joker) isn't to be considered.

And yeah he was a wimp, that's why he volunteers to fight Smoke alone. That's exactly what wimps do, right?

Don't bother coming back with your usual hate, it's a waste of time.

• Like 1

The Dedito Gae

So he should have killed Tenpenny on the spot and get Sweet killed, and also have the entire LSPD on his ass for the rest of his life?

yes.

he might rethink about his living if he's affraid of being wanted by the police for the rest of his life, lol.

Son of Zeus

yes.

he might rethink about his living if he's affraid of being wanted by the police for the rest of his life, lol.

The main reason was his concern for Sweet. He was his brother after all, he couldn't take risks when Sweet's life was at stake.

And even in real life, criminals don't like to have the police on their case 24/7, mainly because they're annoying and keep disturbing their activities, not out of fear.

• Like 2

The Dedito Gae

@Zon of Zeus

fair point, there was a point in the story where Sweet was in prison and Tenpenny had Carl by the balls for a fair reason, regardless, he's completly inconsistent in his behavior

theGTAking101

I like him, I never understood the hate either.

• Like 3

He's one of the very few protagonists who never betrayed or abandoned a business partner .

They should have went deep with his unseen brother and sister so people will find him more interestable .

• Like 2

The only reason rockstar kept him alive and made us kill rocco in gta v was because tbogt made a lot of money from sellings , johnny on the other hand ..., well he is the complete opposite story , poor tlad .

Edited by SuperGTFan

• 4 weeks later...
SmokesWithCigs

I think he's the best characterin the IV series if not equal to Johnny. His side activities are fun including the club management and dancing he gets more ass than Niko or johnny and he has a ligit job unlike most protags except franklin. Well, franklin got fired though lol.

SuperGTFan

I think he's the best characterin the IV series if not equal to Johnny. His side activities are fun including the club management and dancing he gets more ass than Niko or johnny and he has a ligit job unlike most protags except franklin. Well, franklin got fired though lol.

It's all your fault michael.

Shadowfennekin

I hate him because he felt like a Gary Sue. It was all sunshine, rainbows, and puppies for him the entire story unlike Johnny and Niko.

And the fact EVERY girl wanted him.

Edited by Shadowlarvitar
  • Like 2