2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Earning engine upgrades is stupid!

BiostarBeast

BiostarBeast

We pay money just to be annoyed? Really? I have to win a bunch of races against idiots that will blow me up, Just to get a stupid turbo upgrade for my engine? What is this crap? Rockstar really stuck a shiv up it's users doing this crap! It should unlock after reaching a certain level! This is something Rockstar should fix. I know some people will reply saying the usual, like, I am stupid, or I am a cry baby, Or some other very creative crap, Look, I love this game too, But just because I love the game, does not mean I have to agree with whatever crap Rockstar wants to do. I would not even mind paying extra instead of having to do those stupid races, I hate doing those races! I might get lucky and win one race now and then, But to win 15-20 races in the same crap car because it needs upgraded, is going to take a very long time. This is ridiculous! All car mods should be allowed after reaching at'least level 100. The races should only lower mod prices. That would make much more sense than driving players absolutely insane by making players win a huge number of races "per vehicle" just to be able to upgrade only one car!

I found a temporary way around this, I bought a Carbonizzare (Ferrari F12 Berlinetta) And it suits my needs of having a nice fast getaway vehicle to out run the cops, and to outrun mindless zombie griefers, Or for missions like rescuing people from prison buses. This is also a great car for shooting out of, You are well protected from bullets because the seat is nice and low, And you have a great shooting angle even without the top down. But I would like to have a nice fast four door, so me and my crew can get away safely. I bought the armored Karin Kurma, But it is slow, And people can kill you much easier in it because it is slow, I have no idea why the kurma is so frigging expensive, The kurma is nothing but a slow moving death trap! I would never have bought the kurma if I knew it really was not bullet proof! My Carbonizzare with it's armor is actually better! WTH Rockstar?

Crazy_Cico007

play game and dont care about race stats or find friend who doesnt care about stats and ask him to let you win.

Carbonizzare (Ferrari F12 Berlinetta)

What if I told you the Carbo was actually an Aston Martin?

The kurma is nothing but a slow moving death trap!

Well, not really. Of course it has to have one Hole in the Armor to make it fair, but it's almost impossible for anyone to hit it. I mean, I have sat in the middle of a group of Enemies shooting at me and not lost an ounce of health. Plus it's actually the fastest four door, which is pretty quick, with turbo :p

That would make much more sense than driving players absolutely insane by making players win a huge number of races "per vehicle" just to be able to upgrade only one car!

It's actually per Class Meaning if I win every race a car, it unlocks the turbo for any car.

Edited by Ezza.

Sussus Amongus

Rant and bitch in the dedicated thread B&M thread please.

DontTry2Hard

It is a hassle if you're high ranked. If you start low, winning races is easy. It is kind of annoying, but it's a video game. There should be something you have to work for.

Someone is typing "the link"...

OP, I believe when the developers laid it all out, they thought that winning races to unlock performance mods would be a decent way to encourage and promote players to interact with others.

But, like other things in GTAO, it falls under the "in theory, it works, but in practice..." premise.

If your tolerance level is low, there are ways to purchase mods without having unlocked them. I believe there's a thread on it in Guides & Strategies (might be Furry_Monkey's thread).

Or, trade race wins. You may be able to find someone in the Find a Lobby & Meetups subforum.

• Like 2

Dirty Hairy

Cry me a river. You're bitching to players who've been through the same sh*t well over a year ago when gtao launched. You can't be bothered to win you some races? Perhaps it is because YOU RACK THE DISCIPRINE!

Kill-Bill.gif

BoJack Cognac

I still don't have every paint color unlocked.

I've been playing since Day One.

Guess winning a boat race is a big deal.

• Like 1

LightningLord

Not this sh*t again.
  • Like 4

IcOqQpq.gif

No it's a Ferrari California, Grotti is Ferrari in GTA

AM Zagato http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Martin_V12_Zagato#/media/File:Red_Aston_Martin_V12_Zagato_fr_IAA_2011.jpg

Ferrari California: http://auto.ferrari.com/en_EN/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2014/07/california-t-thumb.jpg

No it's a Ferrari California, Grotti is Ferrari in GTA

AM Zagato http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Martin_V12_Zagato#/media/File:Red_Aston_Martin_V12_Zagato_fr_IAA_2011.jpg

Ferrari California: http://auto.ferrari.com/en_EN/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2014/07/california-t-thumb.jpg

Yah I know. It's a mix. Like every GTA Car

• Like 1

Some nice people on here will help you unlock dat sh*t, if you don't drown them with your tears first.

• Like 5

It's really not that hard to win a couple of races. Just host them with customs off to level the playing field and only invite 1 opponent.

i did all my upgrades before level ten. Me and a friend took turns winning it took about an hour. It wasn't boring because we had some fun races together.

• Like 2

That's why people been trading wins. It's too draggy and when it's unlocked, it will break your pocket.

Just find win-trader and save yourself some time.

• Like 1

Smooth Longsack

Lol. Dat purple matte tho.

Just won my first boat race last week!

Misanthrope Z

the problem, OP, is that your engine ain't as big as your mouth :beerhat:

• Like 1

Whitedodge00

Host your own races, non-contact, since we all know people are professional "pitters" and love to have a demo derby instead of racing like it was intended.

I love that at least ANYTHING has to be unlocked by leveling. GTAO has nearly no additional long time motivation, as you have unlocked almost everything from the start.

If you take the time, have a look at APB:Reloaded.. This was my filler for the time GTA was not yet released. This game is a pain in the ass if you can't level up fast enough, but has still much more long time motivation.

I am curious how Rockstar is planning to keep the thousands of players once they've unlocked everything they can (at level ~63) when there are 700 levels and your last unlock (which I don't really care about) is the minigun at 120.

Edited by NetXSR

The kurma is nothing but a slow moving death trap!

Well, not really. Of course it has to have one Hole in the Armor to make it fair, but it's almost impossible for anyone to hit it. I mean, I have sat in the middle of a group of Enemies shooting at me and not lost an ounce of health. Plus it's actually the fastest four door, which is pretty quick, with turbo :p

That would make much more sense than driving players absolutely insane by making players win a huge number of races "per vehicle" just to be able to upgrade only one car!

It's actually per Class Meaning if I win every race a car, it unlocks the turbo for any car.

What if I told you the Carbonizzare was a Carbonizzare.

• Like 1

Van_Hellsing

There is a forum section for trading wins in the meet & greet section if I am not mistaken. Get some friends who help you out, my advice.

Races are crap. If you are on point, some douche will kick you of the track. R* tried to fix this with no contact races. It would be more fair if the perp would spin off as well, so the perp would not profit. But this is not a perfect world.

Edited by Van_Hellsing

Furry_Monkey

Meh. It's the same as many other games. I remember when I got COD3 and started playing that online. Most players had been playing longer than me and were (generally) better at it than me, and they also had better weapons due to upgrades as they ranked up. It was the equivalent to bringing a knife to a gunfight.

As people have said above, organise meets with like-minded people or find a crew that plays how you want to play. It's only really a problem if you play lucky dip, and you can't really complain about what you get if you do that (well you can - just look at this forum!)

I was one of those anoying people who used to do car/bike races (A few months ago) and win, thanks to also previously doing it on GTA IV, and many other racing games before that.

Unlocked me the following platinum awards pretty quickly without cheating/trading wins:

- The Champion

- In A Class Of Your Own

- Penetrate From Behind

- The Record Holder

- Dust Maker

These are all pretty easy to earn, just play the game, stop trying to bump people off the road (It slows you down, plus makes it likely you may send your self off the road), wait for people to try to bump you, hit breaks as they go to do it, let them fly off the track, and carry on as normal until the finish.

As for traffic, do your self a favour, look beyond the end of your hood, look further ahead.

It's really easy so.. good luck!

• Like 2

Lol. Dat purple matte tho.

Just won my first boat race last week!

Been playing since day one and got this one pretty early on. For me it was the 3 (original) Metals colours, I only unlocked these a few weeks ago.

Rallying - A bloody nightmare. Got close to winning on a couple of occasions only for the other team to quit before we reach the chequered flag so the win did not count. Mind you felt great when I finally achieved it.