4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
RavingWithJesus

Riots Break Out in Baltimore

RavingWithJesus

There's a big difference in shoplifting and stealing a mass amount of items in groups while damaging if not completely destroying the store itself. It's like taking a music file vs shutting down the whole Apple store permanently. Not to mention many of these are local businesses that will be put out of business because a bunch of assholes wrecked and looted their shop, under a facade that they're doing it because a man in their community died.

Like otter said, he was killed due to police brutality. Let's not sugar coat what happened by just saying "he died".

Edited by RavingWithJesus

Shenmue18

There's a big difference in shoplifting and stealing a mass amount of items in groups while damaging if not completely destroying the store itself. It's like taking a music file vs shutting down the whole Apple store permanently. Not to mention many of these are local businesses that will be put out of business because a bunch of assholes wrecked and looted their shop, under a facade that they're doing it because a man in their community died.

Like otter said, he was killed due to police brutality. Let's not sugar coat what happened by just saying "he died".

What does looting and destroying a family owned store have f*ck all to do with the police though?

RavingWithJesus

What does looting and destroying a family owned store have f*ck all to do with the police though?

It has to do with the police, because the reason this started is because police murdered a man they had in their custody.

Edited by RavingWithJesus

CrysisAverted

Otter

I dont think anyone be like that

Shenmue18

It has to do with the police, because the reason this started is because police murdered a man they had in their custody.

That makes no sense lol.

waxman.

There's a war goin' on.

PhillBellic

I thought this would be appropriate here as well, in light of the rioting in progress in Baltimore. :)

The rioters and looters have no legitimacy what so ever.

Edited by PhillBellic

_Tacts

Just leave this here...

ViD9zUD.png

make total destroy

I like how white folks conveniently forget that the Civil Rights movement was met with intense police repression and brutality. Peaceful marchers were sprayed with fire hoses, clubbed, had dogs sicked on them, etc.. Or that the FBI--under COINTELPRO--attempted to blackmail Dr. King with the hopes of driving him to suicide. Or that the press routinely shat all over MLK and the movement as a whole.

TtIwDhl.jpg

(Chicago Tribune, 1966)

It's funny how the same rhetoric that was used to denounce the Civil Rights movement is used to denounce the Black Lives Matter movement today. Some things never change.

First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizens Councillor or the Ku Klux Klanner but the white moderate who is more devoted to order than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says, "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically feels that he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time; and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

-- Martin Luther King, Jr. "Letter From The Birmingham Jail" April 16, 1963

Edited by make total destroy

GTA_stu

f*cking lol at making this out to be analogous to the civil rights movement. It's actually pretty racist to do that. Not every gathering of cheesed off black people is a civil rights movement or an excuse to pimp out MLK.

Edited by GTA_stu

YA BOY DIRT

281452E300000578-3057819-image-a-48_1430

28178F2500000578-3057819-image-a-4_14302

2812E3CD00000578-3057819-image-a-11_1430

281312C000000578-3057819-image-a-16_1430

2814772B00000578-3057819-image-a-44_1430

People's apartments, homes, a church, pharmacy, and a senior retirement center.....How is any of this justifiable as "protest?"

Edited by Dirt

make total destroy

f*cking lol at making this out to be analogous to the civil rights movement. It's actually pretty racist to do that. Not every gathering of cheesed off black people is a civil rights movement or an excuse to pimp out MLK.

Oh f*ck off. I was responding to the person above me that was pimping out MLK and pretending like the Civil Rights movement wasn't completely opposed by the majority of white people at the time.

And you can't call anyone a racist as long as you continue to support UKIP ken

PhillBellic

People's apartments, homes, a church, pharmacy, and a senior retirement center.....How is any of this justifiable as "protest?"

The destruction of property immediately removes any right these vandals have in calling it a 'protest', in my opinion.

YA BOY DIRT

Rioter cuts a firefighter's water line:

This is getting ridiculous now.

_Tacts

Rioter cuts a firefighter's water line:

***** should be charged with attempted murder. Should a firefighter have been making an interior attack at the time and the water supply cut off, this pathetic asshole would have put the firefighter's life (and his/her colleagues) in horrific danger.

Absolutely disgusting. Cannot believe how some people condone such behaviour.

Edited by Tacts_21

RavingWithJesus

I hope this ends soon and doesn't turn out to be like the Rodney King riots in '92...

lastmanonearth

From what I understand he was just minding his own business and he looked at the police the wrong way or something, then they arrested him and put him in a paddy wagon, where he sustained serious spinal injuries because he didn`t have a seat belt there, from which he eventually died three weeks later. Do I think he should have been arrested? For LOOKING at the police in a free country? Hell no. Do I think the riots serve any purpose? Does destroying people`s cars and businesses, and attacking firefighters and innocent cops serve any purpose? Hell no. The whole situation is f*cked up because we live in a racially fueled, post-Obama society. Most of the protesters are not even locals but either organized protesters from out of town or interstate or they`re gang members. The lawless looters have no love or sympathy from me, but justice should be brought to the man who died through legal means. He should never have been arrested to begin with, from how I understand the situation. Hopefully we`ll stop being such a jumpy friggin` police state where people get arrested for looking at cops or for pointing bananas and fingers in the shape of a handgun at people. Has nothing to do with the skin color I`m sure, as many Baltimore cops are black themselves.

iBUCKEYE

The destruction of property immediately removes any right these vandals have in calling it a 'protest', in my opinion.

Yup, at this point it's just mindless destruction.

GTA_stu

Oh f*ck off. I was responding to the person above me that was pimping out MLK and pretending like the Civil Rights movement wasn't completely opposed by the majority of white people at the time.

And you can't call anyone a racist as long as you continue to support UKIP ken

I knowww, I just wanted to know what it was like. Feels good man, real rush. I can see why you guys like saying it so much.

p.s. Criticising UKIP is racist.

*Rushing intensifies*

Edited by GTA_stu

Shenmue18

I like how white folks conveniently forget that the Civil Rights movement was met with intense police repression and brutality. Peaceful marchers were sprayed with fire hoses, clubbed, had dogs sicked on them, etc.. Or that the FBI--under COINTELPRO--attempted to blackmail Dr. King with the hopes of driving him to suicide. Or that the press routinely shat all over MLK and the movement as a whole.

TtIwDhl.jpg

(Chicago Tribune, 1966)

It's funny how the same rhetoric that was used to denounce the Civil Rights movement is used today to denounce the Black Lives Matter movement today. Some things never change.

First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizens Councillor or the Ku Klux Klanner but the white moderate who is more devoted to order than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says, "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically feels that he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time; and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

-- Martin Luther King, Jr. "Letter From The Birmingham Jail" April 16, 1963

To use a modern example, how many black people were attacked by police in the New York peaceful protests and the other peaceful protests in different cities for Michael Brown? If you can find cases of that happening, then I'll say you have a slight point lol. Even in the Ferguson riots, 7 civilians were injured and 6 police officers were injured and civilians weren't getting sprayed with fire hoses and getting attacked by police dogs. So I HIGHLY doubt peaceful protesters would get attacked in this day and age, so I don't see the point in saying that rioting is a better idea than peaceful protest, which is what the majority of people related to the families of these men and women getting murdered by police officers generally seem to want.

Also, don't get it twisted, most people today look at the Civil Rights movement as a completely just cause, but most people who look at things from a non-SJW type point of view wouldn't justify looting, burning buildings and possibly causing innocent civilians to get injured or even die in a riot that is completely detached from the cause you're supposedly supporting lol.

Fuzzknuckles

Implying the bourgeois media actually supports riots and insurrection.

Riots and insurrection sell papers and get air time. Peaceful protest not so much.

"A peaceful protest was held today. Nothing happened. News story ends."

"A riot broke out today amidst protests against [x situation here], resulting in looting and other assorted crimes. News story continues throughout the night as we find more convenient footage to portray the rioters, many of whom were just standing up for their human rights, is as bad a light as possible"

No one is going to tune in for the first story.

make total destroy

To use a modern example, how many black people were attacked by police in the New York peaceful protests and the other peaceful protests in different cities for Michael Brown? If you can find cases of that happening, then I'll say you have a slight point lol. Even in the Ferguson riots, 7 civilians were injured and 6 police officers were injured and civilians weren't getting sprayed with fire hoses and getting attacked by police dogs. So I HIGHLY doubt peaceful protesters would get attacked in this day and age, so I don't see the point in saying that rioting is a better idea than peaceful protest, which is what the majority of people related to the families of these men and women getting murdered by police officers generally seem to want.

Did you pay attention to the Ferguson protests? Like, at all? Rubber bullets, tear gas, pepper spray and batons were used on peaceful protestors on multiple occasions. Same thing happened to Occupy, the anti-globalization movement, the movement against the Iraq war, etc. There's countless examples from the past 10-15 years. Pick one.

sh*t, here's a video of BPD lumping up a photographer the other day: https://instagram.com/p/17Pav4Ig8-/

Also, don't get it twisted, most people today look at the Civil Rights movement as a completely just cause,

Most white folks back then did not, and even today, the history has been whitewashed and watered down. It's distorted and reduced to "lol nonviolence guis".

SJW

San Jose Water?

Shenmue18

Did you pay attention to the Ferguson protests? Like, at all? Rubber bullets, tear gas, pepper spray and batons were used on peaceful protestors on multiple occasions. Same thing happened to Occupy, the anti-globalization movement, the movement against the Iraq war, etc. There's countless examples from the past 10-15 years. Pick one.

sh*t, here's a video of BPD lumping up a photographer the other day: https://instagram.com/p/17Pav4Ig8-/

Also, don't get it twisted, most people today look at the Civil Rights movement as a completely just cause,

Most white folks back then did not, and even today, the history has been whitewashed and watered down. It's distorted and reduced to "lol nonviolence guis".

SJW

San Jose Water?

Who do you consider "peaceful protestors" people who break and enter into buildings, flip cars and cause fires, I'm guessing?

Voodoo

MTD and Stephan90 have left the building. All bickering ends now.

TheMckeever

Not sure about looting but something needs to be done about these psycho-cops or else people will just laugh the next time the US trys to install a democracy or bang on about being the home of the free. More like land of the sheep!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbDE8mrw8YU

Edited by TheMckeever

Gouveia

Not trying to be racist here, but it amazes me how the black community in America always cries foul over inequality and how disadvantaged American institutions and society is towards them, yet they turn around and riot and act like they're above American institutions and society.k

In 2013, people went to the streets over here in São Paulo to protest against abusive cops and abusive taxes. How most protested? Breaking the shop's windows, stealing cars, setting buses on fire, fighting against cops and looting stores.

Why don't people think a little and see that this only makes two things: reinforce the "need" for a police force to use it's force against you (since you're now considered a criminal, or at least a threat), and reinforce prejudice against the class (in the US it's the whole black community, over here it was mainly poor people).

But my main gripe is that it looks like it's taken a whole another level in Baltimore. Set fire on apartment buildings and stuff? Come on. This isn't about rioting against police brutality (even though I think it really needs to end), and this is just stupid. There's no way anybody can get what they want with this level of violence, unless what they want is more violence.

Lock n' Stock

Lmao, not this sh*t again. Just another excuse for idiot thugs to riot if you ask me, not that there haven't been peaceful protests. Even then though. why the protest over this one guy? What about all these other people killed by cops, many of which are white as well?

http://killedbypolice.net/

Edited by G.S.T

Coin

What about all these other people killed by cops, many of which are white as well?

http://killedbypolice.net/

What exactly does that website have to do with the issue at hand?

It merely documents the occurrence of a death. That's all. Somewhat irrelevant.