4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
RavingWithJesus

Riots Break Out in Baltimore

make total destroy

MLK is rolling over in his grave at what these kids are doing, He didn't die so they could do this.

8f4953aacae72e84d59477157da9046c.1000x87

YA BOY DIRT

Not trolling. All commodities are products of exploited labor. I see nothing wrong with people taking it upon themselves to appropriate the means of survival or pleasure when the have the chance to do so, especially not in a society that already elevates commodities--to an even higher level than black men killed in police custody, apparently--promotes mass consumption, and manufactures an artificial demand for useless items.

NDn5FYA.gif

Sh*t, dog, lemme get the frequency of the pirate radio you're tuned into, and send over some tinfoil while yer at it.

make total destroy

Not trolling. All commodities are products of exploited labor. I see nothing wrong with people taking it upon themselves to appropriate the means of survival or pleasure when the have the chance to do so, especially not in a society that already elevates commodities--to an even higher level than black men killed in police custody, apparently--promotes mass consumption, and manufactures an artificial demand for useless items.

NDn5FYA.gif

Sh*t, dog, lemme get the frequency of the pirate radio you're tuned into, and send over some tinfoil while yer at it.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, friendo.

TECHN9CiAN

Damn, make total destroy is on a roll, good stuff.

That quote defending riots to get media attention is a good one, nice find.

As for the incident, i have no comment. Same ol sh*tty city sh*t.

LightningLord

It confuses me. There are people who have riots and do these terrible things. Then plead their innocence and say they're "spreading a message" or whatever. Seriously? Destroying someone's business? Stealing from other people and shoplifting stores? Causing damage to properties? What message are you trying to spread? This is not protesting. This is just stupid sh*t. Riots solve nothing. They create more problems.

Flachbau

Kind of pathetic to use a dead man as an excuse to act cowardly and like wild animals. Very depressing to see. Just another incident similar to Ferguson.

What did all of those businesses do to them? Besides serving the community? Why must they tear sh*t down and burn it? They're only spreading the message that they don't give a damn.

Edited by Nick

TheGoodSgtScooter

Like Raavi said, this is not protesting. It is opportunism at it's worst.

Otter

Sometimes the only answer is to smash sh*t. It's how The west was won, after all; we plucked all the Mike and Ikes we could from the previous inhabitants.

This is not a hockey riot. This is what happens when cops murder people - trust and control are lost. And how. Pointing down from on high, saying sh*t like 'i don't mean to be racist, but...' - you become a part of the god-damned problem.

I'm not siding with the riot - there are other, better ways to do things. But I don't think this is the last one we'll see, no sir.

zuckmeslow

Not trying to be racist here, but it amazes me how the black community in America always cries foul over inequality and how disadvantaged American institutions and society is towards them, yet they turn around and riot and act like they're above American institutions and society.

Its not the entire black community. That is completely unfair to generalize and group. the people seen looting in these images are lowlife degenerates And they come in all colors and ethnicities.

RavingWithJesus

I honestly don't get this, it's beyond stupid. I mean this just causes a ton of problems for others. One example is that a CVS pharmacy was burned down in these riots. What about the people who rely on getting their medication there? What if there's a person who needs high blood pressure meds or a person taking antipsychotics and rely on getting them at that certain pharmacy? That could go horribly wrong. Sorry about the speculation, just something to think about. And, although the cops involved in Gray's death used excessive force (which is f*cked up, I hate hearing about excessive force by law enforcement), gangs have set a goal to kill police officers (not certain ones, just any). It's like people don't know/care about what this is all about. It's just barbaric.

Edited by RavingWithJesus

CrysisAverted

You know how else throws a violent fit of rage? Toddlers and children.

Maibatsu545

While I don't agree with rioting, I honestly don't think GTAForumers are mature or intelligent enough to have a reasonable debate about this event.

These are the same people that think Shark Cards are a good idea.

Coin

I'm going to show how much this angers me by stealing a bag of cheez-its from the local store.

That'll show 'em.

----

Seriously though, this sucks.

Edited by ¥en

I cucked Alex Jones

You cannot fault the oppressed for reacting in a violent manner when facing violence themselves.

CrysisAverted

If they don't like what the police are doing why don't they break into prison instead of breaking into stores?

Edited by CrysisAverted

Sir Michael

While I don't agree with rioting, I honestly don't think GTAForumers are mature or intelligent enough to have a reasonable debate about this event.

These are the same people that think Shark Cards are a good idea.

To be fair, the Online section is loaded with immature people. Lots of the mature forumers tend to linger in these parts.

Probably unrelated to the riots, but a senior center on the other side of town got burned to the ground. This is just a horrible day to be in Baltimore. :/

RavingWithJesus

You cannot fault the oppressed for reacting in a violent manner when facing violence themselves.

True, violence begets violence. However, there is no excuse for this. What is happening in Baltimore right now is insane, and what happened should not lead to this. The family of the victim has begged people to stop too.

Edited by RavingWithJesus

Gay Tony

Reacting in a violent manner against.....just anyone or anything?

Otter

I think she's talking about the 'larger' fault, but I wouldn't want to put words in her mouth. I think there's plenty of blame and prosecuting to be done after this gong show.

RyanBurnsRed

People are too stupid to realize that destroying their own community hurts no one but themselves. What's the point to setting fire to buildings and looting them? To send a statement or just because they're greedy and stupid?

When all is said and done and a week later the stores they destroyed are gone and all the stolen food runs out, what are they gonna do then? Who are they going to look to?

I really need to stop setting my expectations of other human beings so high. I swear my dog has more common sense than those dumbasses.

Edited by RyanBurnsRed

make total destroy

White liberal pacifists are far more destructive than rioting and looting.

Otter

That's among the stupider things I've seen you post. Pacificism isn't the root cause of the ignorance here, nor is it to blame for inaction.

waxman.

White liberal pacifists are far more destructive than rioting and looting.

Dr.-Evil-Sarcastic-Right-In-Austin-Power

CrysisAverted

I know right, if only these white liberal pacifists used guns to protect their property

make total destroy

Pacificism isn't the root cause of the ignorance here, nor is it to blame for inaction.

I never argued pacifism is the cause of ignorance, but those white liberals that condescendingly preach nonviolence* in relation to struggles they're disconnected from--whilst failing to realize the wider context of these struggles--only help to set the movement back. They also fail to realize that, on the whole, nonviolence is ineffective, and that many of the gains made by the workers movement, the Civil Rights movement etc. would have not been possible without the use of violence.

*Very easy to do when white and never actually experiencing oppression and violence.

Kohr-Ah

Right. So lets continue the violence so we can teach future generations to be violent so they can teach future generations to be violent...etc etc.

Lovely logic.

Otter

Yes, we are very much in agreement that selectively exercising judgmental forms of pacifism is sh*tty behavior and I'd almost go as far as to suggest that it is a destructive force. But as a guy who'd probably find himself categorized by others in all three of the camps you detailed, I take umbrage with the simplistic view that I'm a larger part of the problem than waves of property theft.

But then who Am I to tell an anarchist where to throw his molotovs... :p

tumblr_nnhkv9ja5D1r2gow4o1_540.jpg

For the 'I'm not a racist but' crowd, do have a looka t the other side of the story. Don't gawk over images of idiots lootingg shops and dismiss the entire event.

Shenmue18

Look at this sh*t:

yIdCkHp.jpg?1

Rioting and looting a person's business with smiles on their faces, in the name of Freddie Gray's cruel death. F*ck's wrong with people?! And they still expect us to sympathize with their cause?

What's wrong with expropriating commodities, exactly? I'm sure you've pirated music or shoplifted at some point. It's the same thing.

"Black Power"

And?

There's a big difference in shoplifting and stealing a mass amount of items in groups while damaging if not completely destroying the store itself. It's like taking a music file vs shutting down the whole Apple store permanently. Not to mention many of these are local businesses that will be put out of business because a bunch of assholes wrecked and looted their shop, under a facade that they're doing it because a man in their community died.

Edited by Shenmue18

Otter

Died? Surely you mean 'murdered by men meant to protect them.' I mean, as long as we're throwing around bargain basement catch-alls.