2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
lastmanonearth

FBI to FIB?

lastmanonearth

A bunch of hyped up sheep f*ckers here! I`m so scared. You started it sheep boy.

I`m happy to let it go though if you two will stop spamming up my thread.

OT: Who didn`t enjoy the fact that in GTAIII you could have shootouts with FBI agents in their FBI jackets and black FBI cars? I can understand if someone doesn`t care one way or the other but to say that FIB is better than the FBI is just plain kissing Rockstar`s ass.

Yes because everyone in New Zealand f**ks sheep. #Sarcasm. But sure i'll step away, i've argued with enough children in my life already.

OT. I already gave you FACTS that the GTA series are not an American MADE series of videogames nor are the primary people behind it American so the parody of its justice system makes sense.

But it is BASED in America and even you baa baa can understand since you`ve probably seen one or two Hollywood movies, or the TV show X Files, to know that it`s the FBI. The whole world knows it and that`s another reason they should have kept it, so that people can relate to what they`ve been used to seeing their whole entire lives on the screen and hearing about it in the news. Why does this game have to be the only one that twists those I don`t know. FIB is not even the worst part, what really bothers me even more is the NOOSE crap. It is so lame. har har har Rockstar are so funny... No thanks I don`t want a cheap circus with lame jokes, I want a real life simulator where you can take on the whole FBI, SWAT and the army and f*ck them five days to Sunday! They`ve been taking too many steps backwards on this since the 3D era ended and I don`t wish them to continue down that path. The more forgiving we are of this the more silly, realism destroying humor they will feel comfortable using in the future.

Doctor-D666

I can sum up my counter argument in one sentence.... Its a FICTIONALIZED PARODY VERSION of America, so obviously to everyone except you, its easy to understand why the FBI, CIA etc were parodied.

Seriously, you need help man. If thats what you want to do to the fictional equivalent, i shudder at what you would do to the real thing.

lastmanonearth

I can sum up my counter argument in one sentence.... Its a FICTIONALIZED PARODY VERSION of America, so obviously to everyone except you, its easy to understand why the FBI, CIA etc were parodied.

Seriously, you need help man. If thats what you want to do to the fictional equivalent, i shudder at what you would do to the real thing.

Says someone who`s never played a GTA game ever. No? Says a guy who likes GTA so much that he posts in GTA Forums? Wow, you certainly are on a higher moral ground than me. That`s how you feel, is it not? You`re delusional. Maybe you just haven`t found the right sheep yet.

I`ll accept that that is your opinion that because it "makes sense to parody" that which was previously not parodied and yet no one complained about it." I however like realism in video games. I`m sure you`re greatly disappointed that GTA V had better graphics instead of it having worse graphics, because worse graphics would parody real life better. No? Then quit pushing a hypocritical argument that you yourself don`t believe is true! I need help? More like you need a dose of sodium thiopental. I`m afraid medical science hasn`t progressed enough yet to cure dementia. You either want a realistic game or you don`t, you`re either playing one yourself or you aren`t! I don`t know how to explain that to you, does baa baa humbug make sense? I don`t know what else to try to get you to understand that you`re hypocritical but I give up, it`s probably as likely as a GTA V fanboy giving a decent comparison to another GTA game.

Son of Zeus

Its been the IAA and FIB since the III era. Remember mike toreno the guy from San Andreas Carl had to work for? He said he worked for the IAA not cia. I think swat was always called noose as well.

Wrong. Toreno never mentioned what agency he worked for.

And the SWAT was called SWAT.

OT: R* does this because they want to parody everything and think it's hilarious. Lifeinvader is Facebook, ifruit is iPhone, so FIB is FBI. It's not a big deal for me. R* want to show that the GTA world is different yet similar to the real world.

lastmanonearth

Its been the IAA and FIB since the III era. Remember mike toreno the guy from San Andreas Carl had to work for? He said he worked for the IAA not cia. I think swat was always called noose as well.

Wrong. Toreno never mentioned what agency he worked for.

And the SWAT was called SWAT.

OT: R* does this because they want to parody everything and think it's hilarious. Lifeinvader is Facebook, ifruit is iPhone, so FIB is FBI. It's not a big deal for me. R* want to show that the GTA world is different yet similar to the real world.

Thank you. I can appreciate someone giving their opinion without giving an OTT BS hypocritical answer filled with condescending ad hominem insults.

Doctor-D666

Says someone who`s never played a GTA game ever. No? Says a guy who likes GTA so much that he posts in GTA Forums? Wow, you certainly are on a higher moral ground than me. That`s how you feel, is it not? You`re delusional. Maybe you just haven`t found the right sheep yet.

I`ll accept that that is your opinion that because it "makes sense to parody" that which was previously not parodied and yet no one complained about it." I however like realism in video games. I`m sure you`re greatly disappointed that GTA V had better graphics instead of it having worse graphics, because worse graphics would parody real life better. No? Then quit pushing a hypocritical argument that you yourself don`t believe is true! I need help? More like you need a dose of sodium thiopental. I`m afraid medical science hasn`t progressed enough yet to cure dementia. You either want a realistic game or you don`t, you`re either playing one yourself or you aren`t! I don`t know how to explain that to you, does baa baa humbug make sense? I don`t know what else to try to get you to understand that you`re hypocritical but I give up, it`s probably as likely as a GTA V fanboy giving a decent comparison to another GTA game.

1. I've played ALL the GTA's, granted i only seriously got into them with III.

2. Last time i checked internet forums are meant to be used for supporters of things, just as much they are critics.

3. Personal attacks, wow you're really showing your maturity now.

4. "I like realism in videogames." BAHAHAHAHAHA! Now if we're talking sport games or other things we could all LEGALLY do in the real world with the right training, i would agree. But we're talking GTA, the realism in the games is meant to be taken as seriously as Jack Thompson's career as a lawyer.

lastmanonearth

^Great story man. Did it take too much rufilin to come up with that? You`d better go lay down for a few months.

"Let`s prove this lastmanonearth chump that he`s an idiot by demonstrating that realism is something stupid to have in videogames, especially if the game is GTA. Boy is my opinion going to be popular on GTA Forums or what!"

If anyone else is willing to give an honest reason they feel either way about having the FIB and NOOSE names instead of the real names, please end this nightmare and give me an intelligent comment.

CrisFormed

The FIB are the lie that conceal the truth from the public eye.

Doctor-D666

^Great story man. Did it take too much rufilin to come up with that? You`d better go lay down for a few months.

"Let`s prove this lastmanonearth chump that he`s an idiot by demonstrating that realism is something stupid to have in videogames, especially if the game is GTA. Boy is my opinion going to be popular on GTA Forums or what!"

If anyone else is willing to give an honest reason they feel either way about having the FIB and NOOSE names instead of the real names, please end this nightmare and give me an intelligent comment.

All i can say is that for your point two. No need, you're doing a great job all by yourself there kiddo. Oh and yes, because i really care what people on the internet think of me lol. Of course there ARE good people here no doubt, but i digress. Before i allowed myself to fall in to this childish game i have already shown why that is, as have many others. Its on YOU that you can't accept it and still want an "honest answer."

lastmanonearth

All i can say is that for your point two. No need, you're doing a great job all by yourself there kiddo. Oh and yes, because i really care what people on the internet think of me lol. Of course there ARE good people here no doubt, but i digress. Before i allowed myself to fall in to this childish game i have already shown why that is, as have many others. Its on YOU that you can't accept it and still want an "honest answer."

I accepted Zeus` answer, didn`t I? I thanked him for not being an over the top, condescending, hypocritical child, referencing you. Alas, you`re still here in spite of my numerous requests to stay on topic. It`s clear as day that you just want to prolong this self-constructed illusion that you`re somehow a more morally superior player of GTA than I am, OK then. There is no cure for insanity as far as I`m aware. I`m just going to have to ignore your posts from now on.

lastmanonearth

If they didn`t do me a favor earlier and lock it instead of letting you litter it with spam, what`s the point of locking it up now? It`s still open for discussion for normal people who want to stay on topic.

SmokesWithCigs

realism in action adventure games like gta is stupid because its a form of entertainment just the same as movies. ever heard of suspension of disbelief? why not try that instead of obsessing over the likelyhood of a characters reaction or the happening of a situation. realism doesn't belong in the action adventure genre that what simulation games are for. gta was never meant to be a crime simulator. how much realism do you want anyway? do you want to exchange insurance information when you get into a traffic accident or show up at traffic court when you get a speeding ticket? do you want to throw your clothes in the washing machine everytime they get dirty? do you want to wait days or weeks for the mechanic to get those scratches dents and dings out your car or wait more days for that replacement engine or fender to arrive for that fancy foreign car you bought from legendary motors?hmmm? be honest you don't want all that. realism doesn't mix with a franchise thats known over the top action and mayhem. if gta becomes anymore realistic it would be the sims with guns and hookers. some kid tried to preach that realism sh*t to me online during a deathmatch as an excuse for using free aim."its like real life because you have to aim" like i got time to aim at some window lickers who run around and roll frantically instead of using skillful cover and strafing. free aim assisted is my preference. this same s.o.b had the nerve to bitch and moan when i put on my bulletproof helmet that i paid for and i was still the underdog in that match. realism foh this new generation of gamers are complete f*cktards.

Doctor-D666

realism in action adventure games like gta is stupid because its a form of entertainment just the same as movies. ever heard of suspension of disbelief? why not try that instead of obsessing over the likelyhood of a characters reaction or the happening of a situation. realism doesn't belong in the action adventure genre that what simulation games are for. gta was never meant to be a crime simulator. how much realism do you want anyway? do you want to exchange insurance information when you get into a traffic accident or show up at traffic court when you get a speeding ticket? do you want to throw your clothes in the washing machine everytime they get dirty? do you want to wait days or weeks for the mechanic to get those scratches dents and dings out your car or wait more days for that replacement engine or fender to arrive for that fancy foreign car you bought from legendary motors?hmmm? be honest you don't want all that. realism doesn't mix with a franchise thats known over the top action and mayhem. if gta becomes anymore realistic it would be the sims with guns and hookers. some kid tried to preach that realism sh*t to me online during a deathmatch as an excuse for using free aim."its like real life because you have to aim" like i got time to aim at some window lickers who run around and roll frantically instead of using skillful cover and strafing. free aim assisted is my preference. this same s.o.b had the nerve to bitch and moan when i put on my bulletproof helmet that i paid for and i was still the underdog in that match. realism foh this new generation of gamers are complete f*cktards.

Here's your answer lastmanonearth.

lolznc

Personally, I would find it pretty disturbing to be killing members of the FBI, as this is a real life organization where real people are involved. I love GTA series in general because it allows me to take out frustrations caused by my non-confrontational & somewhat anti-violence views IRL. I've only played GTA III n mobile, but I felt relatively concerned as I could imagine the FBI agents at 5 stars to be real people with families who would miss them once I'd killed them.

In the HD Universe, everything is a parody of real life. I much prefer it this way; it feels so much better to be causing chaos in some alternate reality where everyone is a bit of a moron, as opposed to a game set in real life LA where it be much easier to feel for the loss caused by the average player's mass murders.

fac316

At least FIB is a clever. Unless IAA has a hidden meaning.

LordRaijin

Personally, I would find it pretty disturbing to be killing members of the FBI, as this is a real life organization where real people are involved. I love GTA series in general because it allows me to take out frustrations caused by my non-confrontational & somewhat anti-violence views IRL. I've only played GTA III n mobile, but I felt relatively concerned as I could imagine the FBI agents at 5 stars to be real people with families who would miss them once I'd killed them.

In the HD Universe, everything is a parody of real life. I much prefer it this way; it feels so much better to be causing chaos in some alternate reality where everyone is a bit of a moron, as opposed to a game set in real life LA where it be much easier to feel for the loss caused by the average player's mass murders.

Are you being sarcastic or are you being serious?

zJordan

If I recall, aren't Homeland Security deployed before the army?

But NOOSE should have remained SWAT... I didn't know how good NOOSE were until I was dead... if I had known they were SWAt I would have been more careful.

Nuke.

Too be honest, now I just find this thread a pathetic way to hate on GTAV. OP has ignored several comments about how the change was originally made in GTAIV. This thread should be moved to the appropriate board.

cdgl

who gives a f*ck now lol

u made this thread 7 years late

strong poverty excuse to criticize GTA V

also lol @ the other dude losing his sh*t over killing a bunch of pixels on a screen

Edited by cdgl

lastmanonearth

^It`s not only V that I`m criticizing but the the direction the series has taken. V had a chance to correct it but it didn`t and I want it back to the FBI and SWAT next time. It`s not gamebreaking, but it does kill the immersion. Maybe I should have made the topic in the "Series" section but that`s not a big deal.

I`m not even gonna attempt to respond to those who are sensitive to killing FBI agents in a game, then GTA is not for you. You can kill innocent men and women, but FBI agents NOOOOOOOO WAY!

CarnageRacing00

^It`s not only V that I`m criticizing but the the direction the series has taken. V had a chance to correct it but it didn`t and I want it back to the FBI and SWAT next time. It`s not gamebreaking, but it does kill the immersion. Maybe I should have made the topic in the "Series" section but that`s not a big deal.

I`m not even gonna attempt to respond to those who are sensitive to killing FBI agents in a game, then GTA is not for you. You can kill innocent men and women, but FBI agents NOOOOOOOO WAY!

With all due respect, I find this silly.

GTA has been satire since it began, with fake names for nearly everything. If changing FBI to FIB really hurts your immersion that much, why don't I see you complaining that it's called Los Santos instead of Los Angeles, Bleeter instead of Twitter, LifeInvader instead of Facebook, iFruit instead of iPhone?

I'm willing to bet that this is yet another example of someone picking nits. This is a NOTHING complaint. It amounts to nothing.

You can be immersed into the fictional world Rockstar has created just as you can be immersed in Skyrim. Or Halo. Or any other game based in fiction.

lastmanonearth

^You can find it silly, and it is a little bit silly TBH but that`s just how I feel. I`ve seen sillier comments here than mine. Skyrim for example has Ogars and elves, spirits and magic, it`s 100% fantasy. GTA is the closest a videogame has gotten to a depiction of real life and they`re moving away from it I fear. There`s no competition in that department, no other games let you do all the stuff that GTA allows. When there`s genuine competition to GTA and they make a more realistic game, then I`ll stop complaining. I`ll also stop playing GTA in favor of the other game then.

CarnageRacing00

^You can find it silly, and it is a little bit silly TBH but that`s just how I feel. I`ve seen sillier comments here than mine. Skyrim for example has Ogars and elves, spirits and magic, it`s 100% fantasy. GTA is the closest a videogame has gotten to a depiction of real life and they`re moving away from it I fear. There`s no competition in that department, no other games let you do all the stuff that GTA allows. When there`s genuine competition to GTA and they make a more realistic game, then I`ll stop complaining. I`ll also stop playing GTA in favor of the other game then.

Fair enough, but I don't think Rockstar changed the name of the FBI out of fear - it could have been legal pressure, at which point what do you expect them to do? I still think it was more likely that someone just thought FIB was a funnier name...

Or, perhaps even better, if the FBI DID pressure Rockstar to change the name, they changed it to FIB as a middle finger to the FBI for not having a sense of humor, in which case, that should be something everyone can appreciate.

Doctor-D666

GTA is the closest a videogame has gotten to a depiction of real life and they`re moving away from it I fear.

I'll just ask it again. When it comes to the violence of GTA, unless you're already predisposed to act in such a violent manner, HOW is that a depiction of real life? Oh and before you say it, i know that theres countless things to do that are not of a violent nature that do represent real life in GTA V.

lastmanonearth

^The key difference between the RL and GTA is that GTA should be the tool to act out all the stuff you wish you could do in real life except without the consequences. You secretly know exactly what I`ve been talking about the whole time, you`re just f*cking with me.

Doctor-D666

^The key difference between the RL and GTA is that GTA should be the tool to act out all the stuff you wish you could do in real life except without the consequences. You secretly know exactly what I`ve been talking about the whole time, you`re just f*cking with me.

Again, unless you're predisposed to be a psycho. Why would ANYONE "wish" to do what you can do in V in real life, regardless of if there are consequences or not?

lastmanonearth

^Now I know you`re f*cking with me. I don`t wish to do it in real life but I do want to kill FBI and SWAT police in a videogame. You`ve never killed cops in GTA? Must mean that you`re a ticking time bomb in real life if you have... Hillary Clinton would be proud of your bullsh*t.

Rustyspanner

I don`t know if I wanted a parody as opposed to an accurate representation of the real world in which I can do stuff that I can`t do in the real world.

Can't? Or won't?

SiN-13x

It's a silly little joke that people are putting way too much thought into.

Again I say: people are digging for reasons to hate on GTA V. It's really sad.

That`s the kind of stuff that makes you sad? I just think it`s stupid to change the title since it destroys the immersion that you`re fighting the FBI. That would be cool, to blow up FBI headquarters.

Come on, you're playing a game which features a tablet with a hole for your penis.

-snip-

That concept isn't unique to the game. They have this in real life too <_<

launchpad_v2.jpg

Just wanted to put that out there for clarification. :D

@Topic: Odd thing to fight about.

Still the FBI to me. They just changed the letters around... Pretend you're dyslexic? :3