2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

new to online portion, couple questions

razmat

so if I am in regular online(not solo mode), is there still anything to do on my own? I generally do things solo , but don't mind the excitement of being in with others.

if I am in solo mode, do missions just show up on the map or do I have to do something to get them?

in regular non solo mode, are all the job lists(like "random jobs", going to team me up with other real players? I selected one of em(random job) , nothing happened and all of a sudden I was standing around some other people and a car and didn't know what was going on so I quit the job.

is it bad (dunce cap) for me if I try to attack red dot wanted players? I mean generally is it normal or do people frown on it?

thanks for any help.

Edited by razmat

Señor_Fisto

Selecting one of the quick/random jobs from your phone will throw you into ongoing public lobbies, so if you want to run solo you've got to start all the jobs on your own. Most jobs in the game can be done with one person, otherwise it will say what the player limits are (some missions require at least 2 people, some even 4).

You can do most things in this game completely solo and still be around in public free roam lobbies if you want. Just make sure you set your matchmaking to "closed".

Ai®a©ob®a

so if I am in regular online(not solo mode), is there still anything to do on my own? I generally do things solo , but don't mind the excitement of being in with others.

if I am in solo mode, do missions just show up on the map or do I have to do something to get them?

in regular non solo mode, are all the job lists(like "random jobs", going to team me up with other real players? I selected one of em(random job) , nothing happened and all of a sudden I was standing around some other people and a car and didn't know what was going on so I quit the job.

is it bad (dunce cap) for me if I try to attack red dot wanted players? I mean generally is it normal or do people frown on it?

thanks for any help.

You kind of have to make your own fun by yourself but there are quite a few random events that happen around the map that are fun to do.

2. You can call any of the contacts and request a job or you can start a job via the Start > Online > Jobs > Missions and start the missions is way

3. You won't get Bad Sport for killing other players BS is for those who blow up a bunch of cars in a session or leave a lot of jobs before it's finished but unlike at launch it's very hard to get into BS now you need to blow up like 100 cars in a single session.

ok thanks , so how do I start one of the jobs on my own. last time I selected the job on the phone and that was it . is there something else I need to do?

and I guess in non solo mode I could be attacked at any time? even during a mission?

Señor_Fisto

ok thanks , so how do I start one of the jobs on my own. last time I selected the job on the phone and that was it . is there something else I need to do?

and I guess in non solo mode I could be attacked at any time? even during a mission?

Look specifically for missions sent to you by your contacts, like Martin, Gerald, Simeon, Ron, Trevor, etc, instead of player invites.

You can find and start any contact mission you've done already via the start menu, go to Online - Jobs - Rockstar Created - Missions

There you can also find all jobs of any specific game type you've unlocked so far like races and parachute jumps

Ezekeil2Ofive17

thanks for any help.

This was sort of my attitude at first but after playing with others, particularly in heists, I enjoy the co op style quite a lot, give it a go!

if you're on PC hit the escape button (I think that'll lead you to the pause menu) click on online and select jobs, then just click on rockstar created jobs and you can play job you want either solo (contact missions can usually be done by yourself they are given to you by NPCs) or with other players

thanks for help. im starting to get the hang of it some. though I did the tutorial for my second character and in chasing the guy to get the drugs , it took me an hour and a half to bring him down, I shot out 2 of his tires, ran out of ammo and his truck could push anything I had around and he kept rollin on like a tank. I kept grabbing a different vehicle after mine would get beat up and bashing him. finally got him caught up on a rail.

got gunned down by someone for first time also. be lookin for him. I'll try some of the jobs tomorrow.

I see no one has explained to you the tax system on this game. I'll fill you in:

First off, you have to pay taxes in this game or else face a penalty. That penalty can be IRS agents taking your cars and apartments or even arrest you for a specific time limit. Since you're a criminal in this game, you are considered a 1099 filer. In other words, you have to deduct the correct tax percent from all of your profits and send it in on your own. There will be several warnings pop up on your screen about this. Ignore them at your own risk!!

Since you're new to this game, knowing how to send in (file) your taxes is a bit complicated the first time. I can help you do this, no problem. I've helped many people with filing their taxes. Just click on transfer/give money option and use my PSN name SRTTURBO4 and simply transfer the funds to me and I'll take care of it. The tax percent is 10% so it's easy to make the deduction. You get a free car the first time you file as a gift thingy. It's called the Elegy RH8 and it's a pretty good vehicle.

Send me a friend invite and we'll get this all straightened up for ya! :santa:

ClippedWings

what are you , a clown shoe?

Don't listen to the guy above you, he's bullsh*tting you.

The way this game is played is co-op, with other people, you can do some stuff solo, but ultimately this game is built for co-op (heists for example). If you want to level up, earn money, unlock weapons, cars, mods, you WILL have to do missions and heists with other people. Otherwise you'll be poor, without much and the game will be boring..

You can kill as many other players as often as you like in freeroam, you only get a bad sport penalty if you blow up a personal car (a car with insurance on that belongs to another player) or leave a mission / race / deathmatch while you're still doing it. The red dot players that you see on the map are actually aggressive players themselves, meaning you have to look out for your ass, because generally they will attack you first, that's why they're red in the first place..

If you want to find some kind of particular mission open up the menu and go to "online > jobs" and scroll through them. Otherwise if you just want to quickly hop into a random job, open up your phone, go to jobs and join "contact missions" / "heists" / "races" / "deathmatches".. It will put you on a timer until the lobby is filled and launched. Then you will be pulled out of freeroam and into that particular activity, once you're done with that activity you will be put back into freeroam unless you all vote for another job on the voting screen..

Edited by ClippedWings

Meh... more like a sneaker.

Don't listen to the guy above you, he's bullsh*tting you.

I take particular offense to your comment, sir! *shakes fist in the air*

lmao!

ok so a couple more questions. red dot people have bounty as far as I understand I . so do I collect a bounty just by killing them? for a while me and a red dot guy were killing each other back and forth , but I couldn't tell if I collected any bounties. and each time he respawned he still was a red dot.

also is it latency or something when an opponent is popping in and out? its like you shoot at them and they disappear and pop up 5 feet away all of a sudden. I think the cops in the area were doing it too. thanks

ClippedWings

ok so a couple more questions. red dot people have bounty as far as I understand I . so do I collect a bounty just by killing them? for a while me and a red dot guy were killing each other back and forth , but I couldn't tell if I collected any bounties. and each time he respawned he still was a red dot.

also is it latency or something when an opponent is popping in and out? its like you shoot at them and they disappear and pop up 5 feet away all of a sudden. I think the cops in the area were doing it too. thanks

Just a regular simple red dot is not a bounty, simply an indication that the player has been killing other players and is aggressive. A bounty is a red skull with bones, it's pretty easy to spot. And yes, you collect the bounty by simply killing the player who has a red skull icon once and you get the money automatically into your pocket.

The teleporting you were experiencing was indeed lag.

manitouscott

I suggest doing death matches to learn both the layout and the fighting mechanics. Then you can be in free roam and do what you want and be ready for a fight if needed. Just turn off chat so you don't have to listen to all the bs.

ok thanks. is there any way to reduce that lag? is it server related? it makes a gunfight difficult to say the least.

Edited by razmat

manitouscott

It's not always your connection. It could be someone else. Try switching sessions

ClippedWings

ok thanks. is there any way to reduce that lag? is it server related? it makes a gunfight difficult to say the least.

If you have slow internet then this is always going to be like this sadly. GTA online requires a fast internet connection in order to play rather smoothly :|

If you pay your taxes on time, lag will reduce.

Just let me help you with this....... I swear!! lol

UnholyLegionMC

thanks for any help.

Kill anyone you want. The only people frowning will be your victims.

ok SRTTURBO4 , i'll pm you my credit card number. LOL.

UNHOLYLEGION - they sure as hell all killin me. white dot , red dot , pink dot. i'm too low level to even wear armor. gonna have to learn to sew my own together or something.

I cant make the quote system work here for some reason.

Edited by razmat
  • Like 1

UNHOLYLEGION - they sure as hell all killin me. white dot , red dot , pink dot.

I cant make the quote system work here for some reason.

I was wondering why you seemed to be having a stroke with your responses.

ClippedWings

UNHOLYLEGION - they sure as hell all killin me. white dot , red dot , pink dot. i'm too low level to even wear armor. gonna have to learn to sew my own together or something.

Welcome to GTA online, that's how life is around here :)

As I said, hop onto contact missions and heists, level up your level and skills, unlock weapons and start fighting back :) Don't forget to visit ammunation, there's plenty of awesome weapons that you can buy already that don't require you to unlock them. Will give you a fighting chance :)

ok couple more.

how do I get into inventory on pc? to get to healing snacks , armor , etc.....

also , is there a way to refill ammo without going to an ammunition? thanks

UnholyLegionMC

You can refill ammo by entering a job, buy all ammo and then leave.

SRTTURBO4

YAY!!! :lol:

Unholylegion , ok I seen that before. i'll try it. isn't there a way to access an inventory where you can store snacks to heal with or get multiple armors and use them? I thought someone mentioned that.

I thought I was just supposed to be able to hit quote and then the post shows up under yours or someones post I clicked on.

Edited by razmat

Señor_Fisto

Unholylegion , ok I seen that before. i'll try it. isn't there a way to access an inventory where you can store snacks to heal with or get multiple armors and use them? I thought someone mentioned that.

I thought I was just supposed to be able to hit quote and then the post shows up under yours or someones post I clicked on.

Hold the button that changes your camera angle (if you haven't manually changed it) to access the interaction menu. If you go into your inventory, you'll find categories for things like accessories, snacks, body armor, and parachutes. You can find any of the following that you've bought in those menus.

ok thanks, so with the death matches. I did quick job / death match , then ended up with only a night stick (the lot of us did) and put in an areana like thing and beat each other. but all of a sudden some guys had machine guns mowin us down. any idea how that kind of a match works? I wasn't sure what exactly to do.

then I ended up in one where I am limited to a sawed off shotgun. but guys on the other team are using assault rifles. is that normal? thanks