1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Vehicle Controller (Lights, Engine, Doors, Cruise, etc)

alexslx

What about when you get out of your car while turning your wheels so they stay turned sideways when you leave the vehicle?

I don't know if this is something you'd care about but would it be possible to turn headlights into strobe lights? this could provide an easy way for people who want to use strobe lighting effects in their videos; plus if you wanted to limit it to certain lights it could replicate the non-law enforcement strobes people put on their vehicles.

Unless this has been fixed already, Typing in chat messes things up.

We were in a Savage and a noob asked how I got it. I pressed 'T' to start chatting and replied 'I bought it'

However the 'o' i pressed when typing 'bought' turned the engine off. we were low enough that i couldn't get the engine started back in time and we all died lol.

a fix for when we are text chatting would be great :D

Edited by JohnMcClainNYPD

Very useful mod ESPECIALLY the "Leave car with the engines running" option. :lol:

I apologize if this has already been asked, but it is possible to control the police cars lights without turning on the sirens?

I apologize if this has already been asked, but it is possible to control the police cars lights without turning on the sirens?

I was just about to ask the same thing, I'd love to have this feature as well!

I think it's feasible as the in-game function is there when you exit a cop car with the sirens on, the sirens mute and the service lights stay on.

Excellent mod and great work, btw!!

Edited by Neospectrum

I think it's feasible as the in-game function is there when you exit a cop car with the sirens on, the sirens mute and the service lights stay on.

Sure there's a way, but I don't what to wait for ELS mod to be able to do that. I'm very impatient! XD

Edited by OrangeAgent

Sure there's a way, but I don't what to wait for ELS mod to be able to do that. I'm very impatient! XD

Back in IV, ELS seemed pretty "Weighty" Considering how often you're in a cop car.

Simple scripts like this can make the game much more awesome and more interactive. It's really great to be able to interact with your car.

Some features I want to see in the future:

- If the player holds F you will enter the car from the door that is closest to you. Even the rear doors. Same for ped's cars but without "kicking" the driver out

- Ability to open the trunk/hood when the player is close to it with player animations

- Ability to repair the car when the hood is open and player is near the engine (with animation)

- Switch seats with a pres of a button

- Controller support

I remember something similar for GTAIV, it will be great to see this for V.

Thank you for this amazing mod!

This looks more about a realist ped control, not exactly vehicle. It is a good idea for a future mod.

I'll keep a keen eye out for it, But is there anything you can do for the vans with back doors such as those of a mule?

Also, does "Input keys" referr to anything concerning chat? Because it messes ALL kinds of things up if i try to type a text in a titan.

PS, I'd like to be able to change the font of the speedometer Like the font the money readout is in, And it's a tiny oversight but shouldn't the "CRUISE CONTROL - OFF" Prompt come up if the cruise is automatically disabled by a collision or something?

PSS. Those bastards went and just made an invisible wall, Even though the CargoBob's door is open, I can't enter the back :(

The input key problem is because the way ScriptHook is managing the keys I think. I need to check if the window is the GTA window (that's why the input keys has been trigerred when you're with the game minimized). I hope the proper checks will come soon.

I definitely agree on this! Although in the likes of the cargo plane I've noticed after glitching into the back you aren't able the climb the ladder too the cockpit like in the mission with trevor. Would be great to have someone fly a private jet and be able to sit/stand in the seating area :p

I really believe that part is scripted by rockstar as I can't climb to the cargo plane cockpit and when I get there (using super jump from the trainer) and press F (to take control of it), nothing happens.

Regards,

Worth a shot I guess :) what are your plans for this going forward Alex? Maybe something can be done to the way the hood and trunk close? The animation opening is nice a fluid but closing is quick and you don't get the feeling its closing like the way it opens. . But yeah thats just a very picky thing on my part.
Would you not consider maybe looking into player animations next? I'm sure some PEDS can sit down on benches etc, would be really great if we could sit down one of the three characters :)

Thanks for support my dear friend. I don't control the animation exactly, I just send the comand to open/close the door, and also some vehicles (especially planes) have problem with their backdoor animation, so I "force" it to open without animation.

I don't know about more mods, I still wondering if the LUA Script will rise to a good and stable modding platform or not... I really liked the idea of all plugins being made in LUA (open, easy to change, etc...). I'm really keen to make a real police mod in LUA, but I can't manage this alone, and the other devs want everything closed for themselves (I'll open source this mod later).

What about when you get out of your car while turning your wheels so they stay turned sideways when you leave the vehicle?

I don't think there is a native function to do that.

Is there any way that you can fix the cargo plane engine not running when there is a car in the back?

I just tested it with a friend and everything is okay, are you using the latest version?

-snip-

Back in IV, ELS seemed pretty "Weighty" Considering how often you're in a cop car.

The way they used to make proper lightening is very hard and complex to put together into this mod. I hope they'll release a ELS version soon.

I'm accepting suggestion for control support, which are the most important commands and which buttons it should be attached as default? Remember that controllers doesn't have the amount of keys and combinations like keyboard, so probably we'll need to choose the most important combinations.

If you see this mod in another website without proper credits, please report to me and to the website staff. I don't mind posting on modding websites as long as you keep it updated and with the proper credits.

Regards,

I have a little request, can you add a shortcut key to switch off all the lights please ? This way, we can assign it to left and right keys, and like in real life, automatically switch off the indicators when turning.

And what about that request ? (if you don't want to, no problem, but just answer please)

enjoythekilling

Could you post the INI for the xinput controller? I'd like to try finding some good combinations.

Thank you for your script. I have a small suggestion concerning the Cruise control feature:

An option to have Cruise control enabled automatically when you release the throttle. This would enable incremental throttle control.

I have managed to do this by binding the same key (in my case, "W" key) both to in-game throttle and Cruise control in your script, but it works every second time (presumably because the script activates the Cruise control on key press rather than on key-release)

Second suggestion would be about the speedometer:

Currently, the speedometer numbers jump way too quickly with cruise control enabled. There should be some kind of "deadzone" where the speed display would ignore 2-3% change in speed.

The way they used to make proper lightening is very hard and complex to put together into this mod. I hope they'll release a ELS version soon.

I should have guessed when I didn't saw many mods of car control with this function. But great mod anyway! Keep up with the good work. :lol:

Great mod in development here.

Quick question to expand everyone's knowledge. Can you share how you display custom messages above the mini map? A code snippet was shared in the scripthook thread but there is no mention of namespace nor do the natives exist in the natives db. Thanks.

Richard Power Colt

Does this also work on truck trailers? As in the ones that need to be separately attached to your semi-truck(and aren't locked into the vehicle like with the Benson).

Is there a way to have the brake lights stay on when the car comes to a stop and is stationary until it starts moving again?

Also is there a way to keep the reverse lights on during and after the car reverses? i.e. Currently the reverse lights come on only when the S key is pressed, the lights turn off as soon as it's released. It would be better if they turn off only when the W key is pressed as it looks strange with the reverse lights flashing on and off when you want to reverse slowly.

Great mod in development here.

Quick question to expand everyone's knowledge. Can you share how you display custom messages above the mini map? A code snippet was shared in the scripthook thread but there is no mention of namespace nor do the natives exist in the natives db. Thanks.

void NotifyAboveMap(char* message){	UI::_0x202709F4C58A0424((Any *)"STRING");	UI::_ADD_TEXT_COMPONENT_STRING(message);	UI::_0x2ED7843F8F801023(FALSE, TRUE);}

thanks for this script,

Did you notice when cruise control is engaged it pushes cars all the way down in suspension? Exactly like with same script in gta4. Then when you disengage it, it pops up again. Not big of deal, but if it's easy to correct, it would improve.

Could "Cruise control" be replaced with "Autopilot" in an airplane? Maintains basic course, Keeps your plane from drifting downwards into a lake, powerline, Or large building?

And it is REALLY hard, And trial-error-y to position my Speedometer, Any tips?

(One mod should be in place to correct the f*cking speeds!)

Edited by NyanNeko

Richard Power Colt

It would be nice if the vehicles would have stronger handbrake or something when you place them inside the Cargo Plane or something so as to stop them from sliding and potentially breaking the back door and falling out.

Also this feature would be fantastic to have online.

Edited by GTAandStuff

RockstarRocks4

This may seem like a dumb idea,

but what about the ability to put the boats back onto the trailers, and put cars onto the flatbed trailers and lock them in place? :D

Edited by RockstarRocks4

It would be nice if the vehicles would have stronger handbrake or something when you place them inside the Cargo Plane or something so as to stop them from sliding and potentially breaking the back door and falling out.

If you have the "Jailbroken" Version of ScriptHook, It works online, Although being banned for having the dangerous, game breaking ability to open your trunk might make you feel a bit silly.

Richard Power Colt

If you have the "Jailbroken" Version of ScriptHook, It works online, Although being banned for having the dangerous, game breaking ability to open your trunk might make you feel a bit silly.

Can I get caught in a private session with friends who won't report me? As long as I don't do stuff like add a ton of cash to my account or anything(which R* can see through social club stats).

Plugin updated with alternate keys (CTRL, ALT, etc) and interior lights.

If you could add the ability to get out of a car and keep the wheels turned like it does with bikes that would be great.

Just tested with the titan and it works great.

Would there a way to get the cargo plane back door open?

I'm not sure but I think they patched it on console so you couldn't enter the cargo area even if you got the door open, it could of been the titan I am thinking of though.

I'm looking to control the engine (I want to be able to keep engine running) as well as control support for now. I'll consider your requests (if the GTAV natives allow such feature, I don't want to do a lot of workarounds).

Regards,

I know how to do the wheels turned. Tow a vehicle with the Towtruck2 (little version) then get in the car that you towed and turn the wheels, get out and detach the vehicle from the Towtruck, then you got it :D i think you have to fake the "vehicle is towed" function. But the Asi Loader seems patched now :(

Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman

RockstarRocks4
Can I get caught in a private session with friends who won't report me? As long as I don't do stuff like add a ton of cash to my account or anything(which R* can see through social club stats).

I am pretty sure you cannot modify your characters money for online mode.

I think money is all done server-side for that specific reason, to avoid people having billions of $, but I may be wrong.

Edited by RockstarRocks4

I am pretty sure you cannot modify your characters money for online mode.

I think money is all done server-side for that specific reason, to avoid people having billions of $, but I may be wrong.

its is possible, but GTA 5 use a skriptbypass, if you are change to much then you can only play with players that have modify the game. If you have a instant 2000$ Cash dropper then you get money without problems. But if you mod other players money or something like that, then you will get banned. If you spawn a modded car in your garage like a police car with any way to get in, then it will be not saved and the car will be automaticly removed. It is the garage patch, but if you park the car in a brand new garage that nobody buy, then you have a little chance to get saved the car.

That is what i find out on Console modding of GTA 5.

Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman