1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Vehicle Controller (Lights, Engine, Doors, Cruise, etc)

alexslx

I was able to open the cargo plane on PS4 version with ramming the back of plane.

Yes the Titan cargo door opens from my testing of the planes...

Q) Is it possible to open the backdoor of the Cargo Plane?

Not the Titan, the Cargo Plane..

I was able to open the cargo plane on PS4 version with ramming the back of plane.

Yes the Titan cargo door opens from my testing of the planes...

Q) Is it possible to open the backdoor of the Cargo Plane?

Not the Titan, the Cargo Plane..

I tired the same on PC, and used the bulldozer trick but couldn't pry it open. It just stays a tad opened at the top but won't fall down.

Excellent script! Here's what i've found to be issues with it when i used it:

-Often times i'll get in a car and can't start the engine, Even when fiddling with O, even if i can start it, It's kind of annoying that the engine is off by default a lot.

-Sometimes i'll stop the engine by accident (Especially when trying to text chat!) and not be able to start it again (Disastrous in aircraft!)

-It doesn't seem to open the backs of some vehicles i feel it should (Cargobob, Mule, Some other van-like vehicles that have back doors)

Is any of this stuff resolve-able? I can't figure out how to get rid of the "Turn the engine off" Button, It hasn't been working for me and i saw nothing in the config.

And unlike some others, I can easily open the titan (It pops a little bit, And slowly falls the rest of the way open)

By the way, It would be kinda cool if we could have a vehicle health display like Ye olde trainer.

Edited by NyanNeko

Thats great news :) could you look into possibly making the vehicles just start when we enter like normal? Only because of we need to get away from police in a hurry it's not practical i guess to have to press another button to star. Plus the characters glitch in the car while its stationary

Thanks for your work its really great :)

Character always by default turns off the engine when exiting the vehicle, so if you planning not have the engine running then simply don't use the O key.

On my end the character is only glitching if I'm pressing the driving keys (W,A,S,D), but this shouldn't matter too much since the car engine is not running.

No I mean the engines in most vehicles don't start when entering them, I'd like them to be like how they used to be, then while in car have that option too.

Still great mod though guys!

Whenever I get in the passenger seat and slide over, I ALWAYS have to press O to start it. Sometimes I have my keyboard plugged into my other computer so the easy fix is to just get out and then back in.

Please add camera automatically changing to TPP when entering car or plane (but not motorcycle or quad).

You can do it using the GTA V options that allow you to have separated camera modes.

Hi Alex

Great script. It's working now with v0.5.

How about the ability to keep cruise control going after you've exited a vehicle? For example, being able to jump out of a plane while it's still flying, and land on-top of it. Would that be a possibility?

Unfortunately, controlling a vehicle while you're not on it requires adding a overhead on the script (and maybe unnecessary bugs) as I need to control a entity that doesn't belong to player anymore and can disappear anytime you not looking at it. Maybe in the future.

Would it be possible to map the "leave engine on" function to holding down the triangle button on a controller, like in IV?

I'll look over controller support soon, but I need to get one (donations! jk)

Hello, first: GREAT MOD !!!

But one question. What about Doors open / close and lock ? Or speedo on / off switch ?

i have an idea for standard keys:

Numpad / = left indicator --- Numpad * = both indicators --- Numpad - = right indicator --- Numpad + = Cruise Control

Numpad 7 = Front left door --- Numpad 8 = Bonnet --- Numpad 9 = Front right door

Numpad 4 = extra switch --- Numpad 5 - all Doors --- Numpad 6 = speedo on / off switch

Numpad 1 = Rear left door --- Numpad 2 = Trunk --- Numpad 3 = Rear right door

Numpad 0 = Engine --- Numpad , = door lock

So all could be in one block for access and it would be easier to control.

Please think about it.

You can change your key settings using the provided INI file, it is easy. Feel free to share it here. I'll look for door locking.

Out of curiosity, what did you do to fix the plugin loading issues? Statically link the VC++ binaries?

Hi friend, yes, I changed from /MD to /MT on code generation (C/C++ tab)

I forgot, with lock i mean lock all doors so nobody can get you out of the car. Very helpful if the cops stops you :-)

I'll look on it.

Is it possible to make km/h no mph on the speedometer in the vehicle (n the first person) ?

I don't see any control for that in the moment (might be any non documented native).

Just a note and if someone can confirm this it will just confirm that its not just me.

When entering a car (didn't seem to do it for a truck i tested) engine doesn't start automatically and trevor seemed to glitch in place until I started the engine with O. Try it. . . Enter a car and start to turn the wheel and you will what I mean

I'll fix it.

Is it possible to open the backdoor of the Cargo Plane?

I was able to open it with one of the native trainers. open all doors option

It is suppose to open "trunk" door, which for planes (I tested with titan) is the back door. Unless rockstar added ability of having more than 6 doors (4 doors, hood and trunk)...

Excellent script! Here's what i've found to be issues with it when i used it:

-Often times i'll get in a car and can't start the engine, Even when fiddling with O, even if i can start it, It's kind of annoying that the engine is off by default a lot.

-Sometimes i'll stop the engine by accident (Especially when trying to text chat!) and not be able to start it again (Disastrous in aircraft!)

-It doesn't seem to open the backs of some vehicles i feel it should (Cargobob, Mule, Some other van-like vehicles that have back doors)

Is any of this stuff resolve-able? I can't figure out how to get rid of the "Turn the engine off" Button, It hasn't been working for me and i saw nothing in the config.

And unlike some others, I can easily open the titan (It pops a little bit, And slowly falls the rest of the way open)

By the way, It would be kinda cool if we could have a vehicle health display like Ye olde trainer.

I'll fix the engine start, it is annoying for me as well. Also, I'll look into plane/heli engine turning on. Can you confirm that this vehicles (cargobob, etc) open back doors? If you can point me to a video,script what does it, I'll look on that.

I'll fix the engine start, it is annoying for me as well. Also, I'll look into plane/heli engine turning on. Can you confirm that this vehicles (cargobob, etc) open back doors? If you can point me to a video,script what does it, I'll look on that.

In the campaign, There's a mission where Franklin stands in the rear of a cargobob with the door open and shoots at pursuing helicopters. There have been multiple glitches to open the door in the past as well, For reference it's the merryweather heist (Offshore Variant) Furthermore here's a video, I reccomend muting your audio before starting it

It seems like a big issue that you can't restart the engine in a plane if you turn it off though XD

EDIT: OH MY GOD YOU CAN OPEN THE SIDE OF A TACO TRUCK WITH THIS THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER.

Edited by NyanNeko

-snip-

I found how to open the cargobob door, its stupid (R* consider it as the third door instead of trunk). Any other vehicle have the same effect?

No I mean the engines in most vehicles don't start when entering them, I'd like them to be like how they used to be, then while in car have that option too.

Still great mod though guys!

I just stole 20+ parked vehicles and every single time the engine was started automatically. But when entering the vehicle from passenger side, the engine has to be manually started.

Edited by Matosh

-snip-

I found how to open the cargobob door, its stupid (R* consider it as the third door instead of trunk). Any other vehicle have the same effect?

Do you think the Cargo Plane is like that too?

-snip-

Yes, opening is working for both.

-snip-

Yes, opening is working for both.

Sweet! you are the best! This is working out to be the perfect mod... it has everything I have always wanted, keep up the good work!

Simple scripts like this can make the game much more awesome and more interactive. It's really great to be able to interact with your car.

Some features I want to see in the future:

- If the player holds F you will enter the car from the door that is closest to you. Even the rear doors. Same for ped's cars but without "kicking" the driver out

- Ability to open the trunk/hood when the player is close to it with player animations

- Ability to repair the car when the hood is open and player is near the engine (with animation)

- Switch seats with a pres of a button

- Controller support

I remember something similar for GTAIV, it will be great to see this for V.

Thank you for this amazing mod!

Edited by sakis25

Please change G to another keybinding.. because when i am in a plane and i want to raise my landing gear (G) it wil make me exit the plane..

• G = Leave car with the engines running

G also let you raise or lower your landing gear, so this will conflict, makes me exit the plane when raising or lowering the landing gear.

Edited by Royal22

Please change G to another keybinding.. because when i am in a plane and i want to raise my landing gear (G) it wil make me exit the plane..

• G = Leave car with the engines running

G also let you raise or lower your landing gear, so this will conflict, makes me exit the plane when raising or lowering the landing gear.

I agree, it took me some time to figure out why I was falling from my plane everytime I raised the plane wheels. :lol:

Anyway my video to show all features about this mod:

Release 0.6 - Changelog:

• Fixed input being handled when the game is not focused.
  • Added a configuration parameter to define a maximum speed that the leave key binding will work (Will help prevent jumping out of planes).
  • Added configuration parameters to speedometer (color, position, font, etc).
  • Fixed back door opening of cargobob and cargo plane.
  • Several bug fixing.
  • Like 2

Release 0.6 - Changelog:

• Added a configuration parameter to define a maximum speed that the leave key binding will work (Will help prevent jumping out of planes).
  • Several bug fixing.

Link or download yet? :lol:

Release 0.6 - Changelog:

• Several bug fixing.

Its updated on the first page! :)

Regards,

Release 0.6 - Changelog:

• Several bug fixing.

Regards,

Hi Alex. Thanks for the update.

I don't know how feasible this would be to implement, but how about the ability to walk around and explore bigger vehicles like buses and aircraft? Or even have peds drive for you?

I realize this is probably difficult and ventures out of being a vehicle controller only, but it's worth asking to see if there's a future possibility for these additions.

Release 0.6 - Changelog:

• Several bug fixing.

Regards,

Hi Alex. Thanks for the update.

I don't know how feasible this would be to implement, but how about the ability to walk around and explore bigger vehicles like buses and aircraft? Or even have peds drive for you?

I realize this is probably difficult and ventures out of being a vehicle controller only, but it's worth asking to see if there's a future possibility for these additions.

I definitely agree on this! Although in the likes of the cargo plane I've noticed after glitching into the back you aren't able the climb the ladder too the cockpit like in the mission with trevor. Would be great to have someone fly a private jet and be able to sit/stand in the seating area :p

• Like 1

Hi Alex, thanks for your plugin, I love it.

I have a little request, can you add a shortcut key to switch off all the lights please ? This way, we can assign it to left and right keys, and like in real life, automatically switch off the indicators when turning.

I definitely agree on this! Although in the likes of the cargo plane I've noticed after glitching into the back you aren't able the climb the ladder too the cockpit like in the mission with trevor. Would be great to have someone fly a private jet and be able to sit/stand in the seating area :p

I really believe that part is scripted by rockstar as I can't climb to the cargo plane cockpit and when I get there (using super jump from the trainer) and press F (to take control of it), nothing happens.

Regards,

Great Job man.

Is it possible to have an option to make cruise control an 'auto' cruise? For example you press down 'w' until your desired speed as normal, then cruise control holds that speed automatically without pressing 't' (maybe activated on 'w' key release). If you press 's' and it then releases cruise control.

-snip-

I'll keep a keen eye out for it, But is there anything you can do for the vans with back doors such as those of a mule?

Also, does "Input keys" referr to anything concerning chat? Because it messes ALL kinds of things up if i try to type a text in a titan.

PS, I'd like to be able to change the font of the speedometer Like the font the money readout is in, And it's a tiny oversight but shouldn't the "CRUISE CONTROL - OFF" Prompt come up if the cruise is automatically disabled by a collision or something?

PSS. Those bastards went and just made an invisible wall, Even though the CargoBob's door is open, I can't enter the back :(

Edited by NyanNeko

I really believe that part is scripted by rockstar as I can't climb to the cargo plane cockpit and when I get there (using super jump from the trainer) and press F (to take control of it), nothing happens.

Regards,

Worth a shot I guess :) what are your plans for this going forward Alex? Maybe something can be done to the way the hood and trunk close? The animation opening is nice a fluid but closing is quick and you don't get the feeling its closing like the way it opens. . But yeah thats just a very picky thing on my part.

Would you not consider maybe looking into player animations next? I'm sure some PEDS can sit down on benches etc, would be really great if we could sit down one of the three characters :)