1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Vehicle Controller (Lights, Engine, Doors, Cruise, etc)

alexslx

Apologies if someone has already asked, but are you planning on releasing the source?

I'd like to incorporate this into the Native Trainer further down the line, and it'd be a shame to redo all your work.

Yes, I'll release the source code soon.

If someone who can't run lastest version can try this version (not v0.5 officially yet):

https://mega.co.nz/#!48FGERRb!0EDOU2jADIW5Lt4jL7mooE86a94emMHSCI7HUabtLc4

I'll release the v0.5 version soon with some important modifications like automatic car crash detection when using the cruise control...

Regards,

Hi Alex

Great script. It's working now with v0.5.

How about the ability to keep cruise control going after you've exited a vehicle? For example, being able to jump out of a plane while it's still flying, and land on-top of it. Would that be a possibility?

Version 0.5.1 released! Hopefully it will fix most of plugin not loading issues!

​Change log and download on first page.

Remember that this plugin still in beta stage until v1.0 release.

Hello, first: GREAT MOD !!!

But one question. What about Doors open / close and lock ? Or speedo on / off switch ?

i have an idea for standard keys:

Numpad / = left indicator --- Numpad * = both indicators --- Numpad - = right indicator --- Numpad + = Cruise Control

Numpad 7 = Front left door --- Numpad 8 = Bonnet --- Numpad 9 = Front right door

Numpad 4 = extra switch --- Numpad 5 - all Doors --- Numpad 6 = speedo on / off switch

Numpad 1 = Rear left door --- Numpad 2 = Trunk --- Numpad 3 = Rear right door

Numpad 0 = Engine --- Numpad , = door lock

So all could be in one block for access and it would be easier to control.

Please think about it.

Omg it's amazing! Just one little question - is it possible to add clicking sounds for indicators and alert lights?

upd sounds are already here, but my volume was low, so I'm sorry)

Edited by Xilandro

I forgot, with lock i mean lock all doors so nobody can get you out of the car. Very helpful if the cops stops you :-)

Sonik-hedgehog

This works for me at now. Thank you very much!

It now remains to dream for travels inside buses and cam with first person view in the subway train.

Can confirm latest version of this is now working for me :) Great work Alex!

Just a note and if someone can confirm this it will just confirm that its not just me.

When entering a car (didn't seem to do it for a truck i tested) engine doesn't start automatically and trevor seemed to glitch in place until I started the engine with O. Try it. . . Enter a car and start to turn the wheel and you will what I mean

Just a note and if someone can confirm this it will just confirm that its not just me.

When entering a car (didn't seem to do it for a truck i tested) engine doesn't start automatically and trevor seemed to glitch in place until I started the engine with O. Try it. . . Enter a car and start to turn the wheel and you will what I mean

I can confirm it. By entering 2 or 3 of 10 cars i had to turn on the engine with key

On another GTA Site i found a similar script of car controls. in that script you are able to toggle the windows of the car doors. that option with open/close the doors and lock them could be the ultimate script !

btw, the cruise control should be toggled off automatic when you brake or go faster.

Edited by maus05

Yes, the engine has to be manually started again.

Is it possible to open the backdoor of the Cargo Plane?

I was able to open it with one of the native trainers. open all doors option

Edited by Rev.Garrison

I can confirm it. By entering 2 or 3 of 10 cars i had to turn on the engine with key

On another GTA Site i found a similar script of car controls. in that script you are able to toggle the windows of the car doors. that option with open/close the doors and lock them could be the ultimate script !

btw, the cruise control should be toggled off automatic when you brake or go faster.

Yes I saw the video for that script, hoping alex can implement this too and try fix the glitch when entering a car, I would rather have engine start automatically then be able to turn it off and on at will. Just curious what site was that script on?

Yes I saw the video for that script, hoping alex can implement this too and try fix the glitch when entering a car, I would rather have engine start automatically then be able to turn it off and on at will. Just curious what site was that script on?

Our next update should have window controls

Well now I can no longer fly planes. When I get into a plane the engine won't start. Press O key does not help.

Our next update should have window controls

Thats great news :) could you look into possibly making the vehicles just start when we enter like normal? Only because of we need to get away from police in a hurry it's not practical i guess to have to press another button to star. Plus the characters glitch in the car while its stationary

Thanks for your work its really great :)

Yes the Titan cargo door opens from my testing of the planes...

Q) Is it possible to open the backdoor of the Cargo Plane?

Edited by Hurrikane

Any chance you get get all doors working (driver front, passenger rear, etc)?

Edited by shan9020

Yes the Titan cargo door opens from my testing of the planes...

Q) Is it possible to open the backdoor of the Cargo Plane?

Not the Titan, the Cargo Plane..

Thats great news :) could you look into possibly making the vehicles just start when we enter like normal? Only because of we need to get away from police in a hurry it's not practical i guess to have to press another button to star. Plus the characters glitch in the car while its stationary

Thanks for your work its really great :)

Character always by default turns off the engine when exiting the vehicle, so if you planning not have the engine running then simply don't use the O key.

On my end the character is only glitching if I'm pressing the driving keys (W,A,S,D), but this shouldn't matter too much since the car engine is not running.