1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Vehicle Controller (Lights, Engine, Doors, Cruise, etc)

alexslx

Just to let you guys know. I'll be back updating this script on the following weeks. I've been rewriting it using a more oop way to put more features on it (I'll expand it more than just controlling vehicle features, details later...)

Cheers

Nice :)

When I try to open my trunk or hood they barely open more then a crack. Any help?

Not really a solution (more of a gimmick) but with the trunk you have to hold the button a tad (but not too long or it will close again). With the hood, once it's open that crack if you drive forward a few cm/in it will open more.

I have no idea how alexslx has it coded since I don't have access to the source, so sadly that's about as much of a solution as I can give :/

When I try to open my trunk or hood they barely open more then a crack. Any help?

Not really a solution (more of a gimmick) but with the trunk you have to hold the button a tad (but not too long or it will close again). With the hood, once it's open that crack if you drive forward a few cm/in it will open more.

I have no idea how alexslx has it coded since I don't have access to the source, so sadly that's about as much of a solution as I can give :/

The source code is open and you can take a look below:

https://bitbucket.org/alexslx/gta-vehicle-controller

I don't use the force flag as it cause opening/closing without animation. I'll put a optional config flag for next update as some people have problem to open and some not.

I don't use the force flag as it cause opening/closing without animation. I'll put a optional config flag for next update as some people have problem to open and some not.

Hey thanks for releasing the source code Alexslx, things like this are really helpful for people (such as myself) who are trying to learn the in's and out's of modding GTA V (and scripting in general). :)

I'll see if I can figure anything out as way to consistently open the boot and bonnet fully.

EDIT: Was the source code always available and I'm just an idiot?

EDIT 2: Wow, I'm way out of my league here, it seems much more complicated than lua. But after browsing through nothing really pops out that would be causing it to not open all the way. Perhaps is too long or too short?

Edited by Drewgamer

Hey thanks for releasing the source code Alexslx, things like this are really helpful for people (such as myself) who are trying to learn the in's and out's of modding GTA V (and scripting in general). :)

I'll see if I can figure anything out as way to consistently open the boot and bonnet fully.

EDIT: Was the source code always available and I'm just an idiot?

EDIT 2: Wow, I'm way out of my league here, it seems much more complicated than lua. But after browsing through nothing really pops out that would be causing it to not open all the way. Perhaps is too long or too short?

Yes, it was always available, haha. It sounds more complicated because all features were together in only one file. In fact, I started this as a simple mod but got complicated to manage all things after. I'm planning to rewrite using proper OOP, but I'll move countries soon again...

Is there any way to use these commands on a USB PC CONTROL, as a xBox or even PS3? Maybe some program that emulates a keyboard (by clicks via xbox control) as the ''background'' without compromising the function of self-control in the game?....I play with usb control away from the computer, and it's so hard to play and instantly access the keyboard.

Is there any way to disable certain features?

You can disable the hotkeys by using 0 as their hotkey code.

How far are you in figuring out controlling spotlights? Especially the heli searchlight. Looks like fun to play with... To bad this is not allowed in mp... But even in singelplayer it would be fun I think.

Also, can you maybe look intro implementing a weel turn lock when exiting? There is a other mod out there thats done that, but I fear conflicts if I use both mods in the same game

Is it only for me it isn't working at all? I've put the files where they should be and still nothing happens.

How far are you in figuring out controlling spotlights? Especially the heli searchlight. Looks like fun to play with... To bad this is not allowed in mp... But even in singelplayer it would be fun I think.

Also, can you maybe look intro implementing a weel turn lock when exiting? There is a other mod out there thats done that, but I fear conflicts if I use both mods in the same game

I'm afraid the real spotlight is only controllable if you use the buzzer with guns as my test goes there. I can't manage to make it controllable on other vehicles until now (LCPDFR didn't do it as well, so I think is not that easy). Can you point to the mod you are talking about?

I plan to finish next version soon as possible.

Edited by alexslx

Major update (1.0 Release):

• Plugin completely rewritten in C# using the Script Hook V .NET Framework!
  • Manage multiple player vehicles, which means that changes (eg: turn signals) won't disappear if you quickly change vehicles.
  • Added SEVERAL (85+ configuration parameters) settings. See FAQ for configuration.
  • Added controller support. See FAQ for how to configure.
  • Added fully controllable search lights.
  • Added option to disable siren sounds

FIRST POST UPDATED WITH LINKS

For those from previous version:

• Now it is required to use ScriptHookV .NET 1.1.0 in order to better manage this plugin.
  • There are two config files: Config.ini for general configuration and Vehicles.ini for vehicle specific configuration.
  • Feel free to suggest improvements into specific vehicles configurations.

PS: Rappel and speedometer are disabled on this release, I'll add a better management for these on the future.

Edited by alexslx

One of my favourite mod. Plz keep good work!

How about exploding vehicle and enter vehicle, warp vehicle into specific seat tasks for future update?

There are totally 9 vehicle enter spots for Insurgent and we must use warp task to enter 6 spots of them.

I saw a copy script on GTA5-Mods.com but I would like to see the source for my own use, if possible.

No source no developped.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

• Manage multiple player vehicles, which means that changes (eg: turn signals) won't disappear if you quickly change vehicles.
  • Added SEVERAL (85+ configuration parameters) settings. See FAQ for configuration.

• Now it is required to use ScriptHookV .NET 1.1.0 in order to better manage this plugin.
  • There are two config files: Config.ini for general configuration and Vehicles.ini for vehicle specific configuration.

PS: Rappel and speedometer are disabled on this release, I'll add a better management for these on the future.

i think i'll stick to old release, DOT net is horrible as pressing Insert key almost a certain crash if you have SPG mod installed.

One of my favourite mod. Plz keep good work!

How about exploding vehicle and enter vehicle, warp vehicle into specific seat tasks for future update?

There are totally 9 vehicle enter spots for Insurgent and we must use warp task to enter 6 spots of them.

I saw a copy script on GTA5-Mods.com but I would like to see the source for my own use, if possible.

No source no developped.

I still thinking if I'll release source code from now. I've my mod open source since the beggining and got no contribution and some people rename the mod and upload somewhere else. However, feel free to ask questions about how to do things, if I know, I'll answer it.

i think i'll stick to old release, DOT net is horrible as pressing Insert key almost a certain crash if you have SPG mod installed.

SPG = Single Player Garage? I'm using it and I did not had a crash recently.

Edited by alexslx

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

Insert key if for reloading scripthookdotnet plugin, if you use more then 5 mods that use that plugin, you game is certain to freeze for 15 secs or crash.

Edited by Rohith_Kumar_Sp

vitalik2187836

Insert key if for reloading scripthookdotnet plugin, if you use more then 5 mods that use that plugin, you game is certain to freeze for 15 secs or crash.

I dont know what are you talking about, i use 12 dot net scripts and everything works fine for me, even after reloading.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

I dont know what are you talking about, i use 12 dot net scripts and everything works fine for me, even after reloading.

try SPG 0.4 Beta

try SPG 0.4 Beta

Well, it might be a problem with SPG or .NET (However, I use just SPG and my plugin, and reloaded the game more than 30 times without restarting it when I was developing the search lights). Its your choice to not upgrade to version 1.0.0, but I really think you gonna lose some good features and configuration options, including controller support. Give it a try at least. :)

Regards,

Well I just tried it and no luck, it does not even indicate the speedometer whenever I sit in a vehicle, I have downloaded the latest Scripthook & Scripthook.net.

Edit: Just saw that speedometer is not even implemented, still, nothing worked, no toggle engine off/on, nothing.

Edited by Franklin_GTAV

Well I just tried it and no luck, it does not even indicate the speedometer whenever I sit in a vehicle, I have downloaded the latest Scripthook & Scripthook.net.

Edit: Just saw that speedometer is not even implemented, still, nothing worked, no toggle engine off/on, nothing.

Hey mate!

Can you check yours logs on GTAV folder? Also there is a log from VehicleController into your scripts folder (I'll be moved soon). Also, if you have another mods installed, might I know which ones?

Cheers,

Hey mate!

Can you check yours logs on GTAV folder? Also there is a log from VehicleController into your scripts folder (I'll be moved soon). Also, if you have another mods installed, might I know which ones?

Cheers,

Well, unfortunately there is no logs at all whenever I quit the game, it just simply will not active the script. And the only other mod that I do use is Arewenotmen's Enhanced Native Trainer.

Edit: You know what? I'll stick with the older verson of your mod, it's everything I wished for that wasn't even possible in the standard version of GTA V.

Edited by Franklin_GTAV

Hey mate!

Cheers,

Well, unfortunately there is no logs at all whenever I quit the game, it just simply will not active the script. And the only other mod that I do use is Arewenotmen's Enhanced Native Trainer.

Edit: You know what? I'll stick with the older verson of your mod, it's everything I wished for that wasn't even possible in the standard version of GTA V.

Make sure you put the VehicleController.dll into scripts folder inside of your GTA installation directory. If you did it correctly, and have installed the ScriptHookV and ScriptHookV.net correctly, you should have this two files on the GTA directory:

• ScriptHookV.log
  • ScriptHookVDotNet-<DATE>.log

and also a VehicleController.log inside of your scripts folder. You can post or send me the contents of this files using the following tag:

contents here

If you don't have these files, something might be wrong with your installation. I sent you a PM where you can continue with this issue. :)

Regards,

Edited by alexslx

Hey alexslx ever since i put the new update in my game has had massive frame issues

Hi,

Have you updated your graphic card drivers recently? Also, you might try to disable certains functions to check which one is making you lose fps if you really think it is the plugin. Please message again if you think you found an issue. I run both versions and I didn't get differences between them.

Regards,

Hey alexslx ever since i put the new update in my game has had massive frame issues

Hi,

Have you updated your graphic card drivers recently? Also, you might try to disable certains functions to check which one is making you lose fps if you really think it is the plugin. Please message again if you think you found an issue. I run both versions and I didn't get differences between them.

Regards,

Hi sorry i should not have spoke to soon as i removed the mod and my game was still lagging as hell but i am currently updating geforce so i will see if that helps

Confirmed after some more testing it is the mod, i updated my drivers and runned without mod got my usual 40-50 frames then added the mod back and dropped to 25-36 frames but not as bad as before the drivers were updated so i am assuming they both contributed to the drop but again i still loose my frames so im thinking one of the new features???????