2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

What if Trevor is faking his personality?

Otselot

What if Trevor is actually a normal guy, but he does it so people can fear him? what if all of the crazy things he does is just to show people how dangerous he is? but in reality he is just a normal guy?

Is not that far fetched, If he wants people to don't f*ck with him, anyone could do it, yes he does crazy things on his own but still, he is intelligent, he knows how humanity works.

Edited by Rard-Life

lastmanonearth

You can`t fake crazy. Mind you he does weird sh*t even when he`s alone.

theGTAking101

It honestly wouldn't surprise me. That could also be an answer to why he's so inconsistent, although I still believe that's caused by terrible writing.

YGJOSEPHMARTINEZ

Mane if you eat people and torture for fun and sh*t like that u not playing u actually gotta be in some way insane !

• Like 5

GamesBoy316

So you're saying he masturbates to anything, he f*ks anything, tortures people, basically he does anything to make people fear him? I don't think there's a thing called "faking" when it comes to him.

• Like 7

I think hes legitimately insane.

• Like 3

lastmanonearth

Mane if you eat people and torture for fun and sh*t like that u not playing u actually gotta be in some way insane !

What`s more, he tortures but then right after he preaches the guy he tortured an anti-torture lecture. Friggin` insanity right there.

What I think is, in the end Trevor is just a kid who had a sh*t childhood and doesn't want to be ignored or laughed at anymore; he hates it when people treat him like sh*t, ignore or forget about him. This motivates him to do what he does, things that'll get everyone's attention so he'll never feel left out or ignored by everyone. You can notice indications to what I said during his drug trip (he hates when people laugh at him) and when he opens up with Michael in certain cutscenes and when drunk. He also likes to be very direct and foward in conversations and usually speaks whatever is on his mind, which, of course, gets even MORE attention of others.

SPOILERS FROM HERE ON

I used to really hate Trevor when the game leaked a few weeks before September 17th and I found out he kills Johnny, one of my favorite protagonists in Rockstar titles. I finally got to experience the game starting on April 13th this month and I understand why he did it; one of the few people that cared about him in his past just turned up out of nowhere, and Trevor pretty much got in shock(notice how he walks out of his trailer on his deep thoughts, looking at the ground, no attention), seeing as he also hates when people play with his feelings. The way he found to relief all his frustration of losing his best friend was, sadly, smashing Klebitz's face brutally. This once again explains why he's so sarcastic on Michael faking his death pretty much everywhere.

Edited by Mega

GamesBoy316

What I think is, in the end Trevor is just a kid who had a sh*t childhood and doesn't want to be ignored or laughed at anymore; he hates it when people treat him like sh*t, ignore or forget about him. This motivates him to do what he does, things that'll get everyone's attention so he'll never feel left out or ignored by everyone. You can notice indications to what I said during his drug trip (he hates when people laugh at him) and when he opens up with Michael in certain cutscenes and when drunk. He also likes to be very direct and foward in conversations and usually speaks whatever is on his mind, which, of course, gets even MORE attention of others.

When Trevor was with Patricia, you can tell he was happy and "calm" because of all the attention he was given from her.

Edited by GamesBoy316
  • Like 3

I don't think so...that guy is literally, criminally insane. Sure, he has some intelligent moments, but crazy is his default. It defines him.

When Trevor was with Patricia, you can tell he was happy and "calm" because of all the attention he was given from her.

Exactly. It's like a small child that loves attention, except Trevor never got it in his childhood, so he wants it now, in his adulthood. So he's a very bad mix of innocence and brutality; if he doesn't fullfill his innocent wishes, he gets brutal. I don't blame him though, I'd love to know what happened in his childhood that led up to the Trevor we know now.

Patricia also never spoke ill of Trevor and found him wonderful; that's all Trevor wants. To be recognised.

You can also see that Trevor also really wants a family like Michael has, but he doesn't have the guts to do it, hence why he has such a good time playing tennis with Amanda, saving Tracey's dignity from Lazlow, and being nice to Jimmy when they met again.

Edited by Mega

Then fans might be upset to idolise him if he was such a normal guy than being such an annoyingly sh*t, angry, and loud douchebag that made him such a hero.

lastmanonearth

Exactly. It's like a small child that loves attention, except Trevor never got it in his childhood, so he wants it now, in his adulthood. So he's a very bad mix of innocence and brutality; if he doesn't fullfill his innocent wishes, he gets brutal. I don't blame him though, I'd love to know what happened in his childhood that led up to the Trevor we know now.

Patricia also never spoke ill of Trevor and found him wonderful; that's all Trevor wants. To be recognised.

You can also see that Trevor also really wants a family like Michael has, but he doesn't have the guts to do it, hence why he has such a good time playing tennis with Amanda, saving Tracey's dignity from Lazlow, and being nice to Jimmy when they met again.

You justify murder because he might have had a sh*tty childhood?

Maybe if he had multiple personalities (Dissociative identity disorder), it would be cool if they had different names for his personality, such as when he uses his rage ability he switches to another personality of his, when he wears a dress he switches to his female personality, and then he has a nice loving personality.

Dr. Robotnik

Honestly, the game seems to have a hard time deciding how "crazy" Trevor is. He can be calm and controlled enough to plan heists, go undercover as a longshoreman, lull Johnny into a false sense of security, pick up and sell hitchhikers to the Altruist cult, "restrict" himself to being a serial killer rather than a spree killer, and manipulate Wade. But he's also unstable enough to go from friendly to wanting to kill someone in the span of a single conversation, obtain wanted levels without any input from the player, go on rampage missions, and pick fights with private armies who have ties to the government he's being forced to work for.

He's either creepy-but-competent, to the point where you can see how'd he be an asset in a heist, or so out-of-control it's difficult to fathom how he's lived so long in what seems to be a vaguely realistic setting.

Edited by Dr. Robotnik
  • Like 3

You justify murder because he might have had a sh*tty childhood?

Stranger things have happened.

Colognenigguh

Honestly, the game seems to have a hard time deciding how "crazy" Trevor is. He can be calm and controlled enough to plan heists, go undercover as a longshoreman, lull Johnny into a false sense of security, pick up and sell hitchhikers to the Altruist cult, "restrict" himself to being a serial killer rather than a spree killer, and manipulate Wade. But he's also unstable enough to go from friendly to wanting to kill someone in the span of a single conversation, obtain wanted levels without any input from the player, go on rampage missions, and pick fights with private armies who have ties to the government he's being forced to work for.

He's either creepy-but-competent, to the point where you can see how'd he be an asset in a heist, or so out-of-control it's difficult to fathom how he's lived so long in what seems to be a vaguely realistic setting.

True ! I didint even notice that I think he is just really psychopathic and sometimes he cant control himself anymore or something like that .

It seems as if the game wants us to think he's a functioning addict - but now and then he probably goes a bit overboard with the pipe and it makes him more prone to violence and outbursts. While it's apparently ok to show bong-smoking, I can't see how they could defend showing a character smoking meth - so instead it's talked about and presented in his behavior.

I think he's another example of R* not knowing how to meet something in the middle. He's not stupid, and he clearly understands human behavior - and yet he's nutso. I would have preferred him to be a criminally-minded individual without all the antics, or at least without throwing drugs into the equation.

• Like 3

Shadowfennekin

There is no way he's faking it. He's legitimately insane

• Like 1

TheOneLibertonian

SPOILERS FROM HERE ON

I used to really hate Trevor when the game leaked a few weeks before September 17th and I found out he kills Johnny, one of my favorite protagonists in Rockstar titles. I finally got to experience the game starting on April 13th this month and I understand why he did it; one of the few people that cared about him in his past just turned up out of nowhere, and Trevor pretty much got in shock(notice how he walks out of his trailer on his deep thoughts, looking at the ground, no attention), seeing as he also hates when people play with his feelings. The way he found to relief all his frustration of losing his best friend was, sadly, smashing Klebitz's face brutally. This once again explains why he's so sarcastic on Michael faking his death pretty much everywhere.

I think that Niko had a worse childhood than Trevor. He only experienced having electricity when he was 12. He was very young when he saw all his friends and family die in a tragic war, all sitting in a church wall, all of their heads chopped off. While Trevor on the other hand, just f*cked his own mother and his father left him. That's why he was freakin' crazy.

• Like 3

Algonquin Assassin

It's an act - he's a Hipster :evilgrin:

Not just any hipster. The proto-hipster.

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

lastmanonearth

I think that Niko had a worse childhood than Trevor. He only experienced having electricity when he was 12. He was very young when he saw all his friends and family die in a tragic war, all sitting in a church wall, all of their heads chopped off. While Trevor on the other hand, just f*cked his own mother and his father left him. That's why he was freakin' crazy.

Damn straight! Trevor is a spoiled Canuck who grew up in the Canadian welfare state where you don`t have to work to eat and his main grievance is global warming, which drives him insane. That`s why he`s such a big fan of Impotent Rage.

TheOneLibertonian

It's an act - he's a Hipster :evilgrin:

Not just any hipster. The proto-hipster.

What the f*ck are you talking about, Michael? :p

Edited by The_Ghost
  • Like 1

TheOneLibertonian

Damn straight! Trevor is a spoiled Canuck who grew up in the Canadian welfare state where you don`t have to work to eat and his main grievance is global warming, which drives him insane. That`s why he`s such a big fan of Impotent Rage.

If you played the Heists in Online you can see why he likes Impotent Rage so much.

Billy Benedict

What if R* is faking their love for Online?

Everyone else is....

• Like 2