Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,724 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

gallardo555

GTA3: First Builds

feedthefishy

Expect something this weekend ;)

Awesome!

gallardo555

As I promised, here are some news regarding First Builds.

The mod is dead.

^ Not this usual answer that was typical for some recent mods and projects from the GTAForums community. Today, I'm announcing two news.

First, GTA3: First Builds is alive and I'm targeting for the Fall 2015 release if everything goes just as fine as it went during last few weeks. Which means the mod would be available for both Windows and for the Mac OS X. Speaking of Windows version, I'm still fighting with the Steam version's look and feel, but I still believe there's a way to make it work. As for the Mac version, it will be released the same day as the Windows version. As for the mod progress, currently it's on about 85 to 90%. Still there are some things to finish, but the overall First Builds experience already looks pleasing to me.

Second, since First Builds on their own will be focused on catching the alpha experience of GTA 3, I guess there still will be some people who'll want to enrich it. For that purpose, in collaboration with //XP// we're working a free roam arcade mode with lots of rampages, pickups and some crazy missions. I guess this one will be interesting for First Builds players, since it's designed to fit the atmosphere of First Builds.

2TwcvVx.png

Edited by gallardo555

Suchary

Sounds awesome, can't wait yo.

gallardo555

Just had the option to see the mod combined with Hero's Tint. Now this was some really georgeous combination and I hope there's a way to make it available on Mac too! :)

feedthefishy

Any new updates?

gallardo555

I'm still going to release the basic First Builds by the end of this year. Though I currently have less time due to university. Currently, I develop the mod on weekends. Though i think i'd share some night screen from the latest Mac build, it's been a lot of texting here recently.

sWRBz1a.jpg

Edited by gallardo555

Microsoft Word

Why didn't I find out about this mod earlier? Anyways, great job on this mod.

gallardo555

Why didn't I find out about this mod earlier? Anyways, great job on this mod.

honestly, I don't know :D thanks :)

Suchary

Could you share some screens? Pretty please? I'm dying to play this, and GTA 3D.

gallardo555

I will put up some this weekend or even on friday if i'll have enough time

gallardo555

Okay, no screenshots this time. Will show you a gameplay video instead ;)

Suchary

Damn, looking good! Hope you will release it before the end of the year.

BeingARK

The development will be this week a little bit slower because I have exams. Meanwhile, I'm currently working on an improved version of Mr. Whoopee. Also, here's a look at how my so-called First Builds development studio looks like (just in case anybody was interested).

Will release some screens of Mr. Whoopee soon

46ZgITk.jpg

OFF TOPIC: How did you made that headphone and gta v logo on your laptop?

R4gN0r0K

i may be leaning far out of the window. but i think those are called Stickers

ClaudX

i may be leaning far out of the window. but i think those are called Stickers

They have to be. It's most obvious because of the white outline around the GTA V logo.

gallardo555

OFF TOPIC: How did you made that headphone and gta v logo on your laptop?

It's a pack of stickers. Headphones can be bought on eBay for a pretty low price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Headphones-Vinyl-Decal-Sticker-Skin-for-Apple-MacBook-Air-Pro-Laptop-13-15-/311097014151

The GTA V sticker was bought from some italian store but they're not around anymore so I can't provide you the link for that one

gallardo555

I'm sad to announce that my Windows devkit oficially died as of yesterday. This however doesn't mean I won't release First Builds.

The good thing is that I regularly backed up all the data of First Builds on a backup drive so I haven't lost anything when it comes to the mod's progress.

What I'll have to do however, is to either:

1) Get or build a new Windows devkit

2) Get Tuxera for Mac to be able to run NTFS drives and run a virtual Windows machine

3) Buy an external SSD for Mac to be able to run Windows and 3DS Max from there.

Either way it's going to cost me money, which I'll most probably get on early January. For now, I'm stuck to gameplay-only instead. Still looking forward to release the mod as soon as possible.

Edited by gallardo555

Dwaine013

Looks like you prepared for everything when something goes wrong!! (you couldn't Backup your Devkit?)

I Do the same thing with my modificaitons. i mostly write the files to a Cd or Upload to the net Privatl.

keep it up gallardo!! (Now the release date is set to early January??? 'bruh')

R4gN0r0K

you can back up hardware?

gallardo555

Looks like you prepared for everything when something goes wrong!! (you couldn't Backup your Devkit?)

I Do the same thing with my modificaitons. i mostly write the files to a Cd or Upload to the net Privatl.

by Devkit I mean the hardware, specifically my windows laptop's hard drive got corrupted after installing an update to Windows 10. When it comes to backing up, I taught myself that man should routinely backup everything important. Luckily, I don't need to do that now for music since now I have most of it on iTunes :p

I don't have a CD drive so I can't use that.

As for the release date, I would say it's january/february.

Edited by gallardo555

feedthefishy

by Devkit I mean the hardware, specifically my windows laptop's hard drive got corrupted after installing an update to Windows 10. When it comes to backing up, I taught myself that man should routinely backup everything important. Luckily, I don't need to do that now for music since now I have most of it on iTunes :p

I don't have a CD drive so I can't use that.

As for the release date, I would say it's january/february.

Hey man, I hope this project keeps on track, looking forward to this release!

gallardo555

feedthefishy: It will. :-) In next few days I'll be at my Aunt's. She's got some machine so I'll download max and other necessary tools there

gallardo555

Hey people, have some fine information for you!

This year I managed to get some money which will allow me to build a new configuration that will serve for me as a the Devkit for First Builds and for my sister as her gaming rig. Basically this is the configuration where I will finish First Builds and will be most probably used as a devkit for my future mods as well, when I figure out what should I do next :p

- AMD FX-6100 (Hexa-core 3.3GHz) OR AMD FX-8320E (Octa-core 4GHz)

- Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR3

- Radeon R7 370 w/ 2GB GDDR5

- Samsung 850 EVO SSD (250GB) in combo with 1TB Western-Digital Purple

Also, happy new year people!

EDIT: Speaking of these future mods, I have a plentyful of ideas, but there's a possibility that I will pass some of them to somebody else or will cooperate with a bigger team since these would take me another few years if I chose to them solo. As a sneak peek, I'd like to ask you for your opinion on these ideas:

• Ganton's Most Wanted: A mission pack for San Andreas that takes place during the time CJ was in Liberty City. This one will focus on decay of Orange Grove Families with Sweet Johnson as the main character.
  • North Yankton Stories: North Yankton in San Andreas era?
  • Rimex City: A mod I've been thinking of for a long time. Basically, this one would reimagine the city I did with my friends in Minecraft, but will be transformed into GTA-style graphics, will have wider roads and so on. To imagine, this is how the city looks in Minecraft:

KTWP4M0.jpg

Edited by gallardo555

universetwisters

North Yankton or an original, non converted city. Both sound very very interesting.

gallardo555

Thanks for your opinion :)

Also, since making a computer from the hardware I mentioned above would take longer than expected, I found another option. I might get some cheap netbook that would have enough power to run 3DS Max 2009 or 3DS Max 2010. Meaning that I might complete the mod this spring if I bought it.

Personally, I got interested in Asus EeeBook X205TA, which has 1.33GHz Bay Trail Atom, 2GB of RAM and 32GB Flash. That might do the job since 3DS 2009 requires just 512MB of RAM to run at minimum and at least 500MB of space.

Edited by gallardo555

ThePrince

you dont need something huge, i used to mod on a Pentium 4, 1 Go Ram, 94mb video graphics, and 80GB HDD

+ GTA 3 is so low poly you wont need a high config computer

gallardo555

you dont need something huge, i used to mod on a Pentium 4, 1 Go Ram, 94mb video graphics, and 80GB HDD

+ GTA 3 is so low poly you wont need a high config computer

Good to know. This lil' book is quite faster so it may make the job as well. Not just for GTA3, but also for San Andreas and maybe Vice City as well :p

R4gN0r0K

True, i somehow forgot that GTA 3 was made in the 2000s, they had computers weaker than this

The Hero

I don't know about you but the computer I had in 2003 couldn't handle III nearly as well as VC. The frame rate was terrible. I didn't play SA on the same computer as I got a new one before SA came out so I can't say anything about that.

R4gN0r0K

i didnt even had a computer in 2003. i got my first one like 6-7 years back