2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Bullet Proof Helmet Haters

nosmoking000

nosmoking000

Okay, I know this topic was covered extensively months back when Bulletproof Helmets were introduced (I searched), but I was wondering what your opinions of them are now?

Yes, they are bullet resistant and yes, they give a slight advantage to those who use them, but I feel that the difference is very small.

Anyway, I'm asking what those of you on GTAF think, because the other day I had this "adult" start rage messaging me because I was wearing a bulletproof helmet. I was in a deathmatch and it was 2 vs. 4 but my teammate and I still beat the other 4. He literally messaged me for 2 SOLID HOURS because of one deathmatch over a bulletproof helmet.

I like to switch things up, so sometimes I wear said bulletproof helmet, other times I do not. What I'm saying is, even though there is a slight difference, I think it's very minimal. Minimal to a degree, where if you are good enough at aiming you shouldn't have a problem.

So, now that bulletproof helmets have been out for months, what's your take on them? Is it still the same - that they are overpowered? Or just give off a minimal advantage?

• Like 2

CarcerCityMadMan

bulletproof helm means you use an advance rifle or something similar,and thats it.

• Like 2

Lord_Smasherton

Okay, I know this topic was covered extensively months back when Bulletproof Helmets were introduced (I searched), but I was wondering what your opinions of them are now?

Yes, they are bullet resistant and yes, they give a slight advantage to those who use them, but I feel that the difference is very small.

Anyway, I'm asking what those of you on GTAF think, because the other day I had this "adult" start rage messaging me because I was wearing a bulletproof helmet. I was in a deathmatch and it was 2 vs. 4 but my teammate and I still beat the other 4. He literally messaged me for 2 SOLID HOURS because of one deathmatch over a bulletproof helmet.

I like to switch things up, so sometimes I wear said bulletproof helmet, other times I do not. What I'm saying is, even though there is a slight difference, I think it's very minimal. Minimal to a degree, where if you are good enough at aiming you shouldn't have a problem.

So, now that bulletproof helmets have been out for months, what's your take on them? Is it still the same - that they are overpowered? Or just give off a minimal advantage?

Does give a slight advantage, not sure why everyone doesn't wear then in death matches.

nosmoking000

bulletproof helm means you use an advance rifle or something similar,and thats it.

I'm not supposed to use a rifle....? Lol

The advantage is huge. Its the difference between getting killed with one shot or living and getting the kill. If 2 players both with full health and armor shoot at the same time and both hit with headshots, the one with the helmet is gonna live.

It might not be pretty but if you are going into battle with decent players who are wearing it I suggest you put that sh*t on lol

• Like 16

CarcerCityMadMan

Huh? no when another player is using a BP helmet,you use an advanced rifle idk wtf you are talkin about lol

nosmoking000

Huh? no when another player is using a BP helmet,you use an advanced rifle idk wtf you are talkin about lol

Oh wait, I feel like a total jacka** I misinterpreted what you meant.

CarcerCityMadMan

Oh wait, I feel like a total jacka** I misinterpreted what you meant.

No worries man

TheGoodSgtScooter

I think they should've never been put into the game. They ruin the flow of free aim deathmatches, and are usually only worn by try hards.

That said, I don't have a problem with people using them if they're outnumbered 2 - 1.

I don´t really have a problem with the advantage they give to the players,the only kind of problem I have with them is that they only fit with military/mercenary/SWAT team style outfits,it looks stupid to see someone in a suit or in casual t-shirt and jeans running around with a PASGT helmet on their head (which many people do).

Edited by LeopardGecko

I find them pretty cheap to use. However I have no problem with lower levels wearing one.

But higher levels wearing them in forced and pick up Deathmatches is just annoying. I only wear one if the other team are.

• Like 3

Sometimes they force me to use a shotty if I can't get a clean headshot with my advanced rifle. I have one with one or two of my outfits, they don't make a huge difference to me.

Its useless nowadays, since most pvp battles are explosion based.

• Like 2

Chamber53DV

I wouldn't say it gives a "slight" disadvantage, unless the other player is also wearing one. Put a person with BP Helmet & BP vest against one that doesn't use either and the advantage becomes bigger. What you should have done is message him and ask for a 1on1 without BP's and then owned him. That's how you shut someone up. To the trollers out there...That is always more sweeter then trolling, believe me!!!

Me personally, I could careless, I go as far as my opponent is willing to go. If my opponent uses one cheap tactic, it opens the door for me to use all of them :) That's my rule! And vice verse, my opponent keeps it clean, so will I.

When it comes to DM's, if I'm hosting, I would intentionally kick anyone seen wearing a BP Helmet and set to Forced Weapons Only. This is mainly to keep everyone, including myself, on a even field (as much as possible). If I join someone else's DM, I'm slapping on a BP Helmet ASAP. I've been around the block...

• Like 2

Misanthrope Z

i dont hate them because they are bulletproof

i hate them because they look stupid.

monkb4skunk

I crank mine all the time on missions along with my vest and armoured windows. Can never be too safe around los santos

_zkMIAd3ZUS1Sl3rlSVPHw_0_0_small.jpg

Edited by monkb4skunk
  • Like 1

Mottershead

Wearing a BP helmet gives you a bonus whilst running for cover. Every other time is just bad aiming/shooting on the non-BP helmet wearers behalf.

I've been physically thrown up in the air on Quarantine wearing one by players infinitely better than I. Pistols.They used pistols.

No, they give a HUGE advantage.

If you play in a death match and the guy who rolls out in front of you is even half skilled, and you both have assault rifles - then he will win.

You have to fire 5 bullets into his head to kill him, it takes him 2 to kill you. Even if I surprise people with bullet proof helmets they sometimes win. I'll get my first two shots in and by the time they put two back in me I've only planted four in their head. In effect they should be dead twice but yet they live on.

It's incredibly nooby, and I believe if you used to play IV a lot online you'll hate them even more as that game was famous for head shot kills.

• Like 2

Damned_Hitman

Simply untrue.

Helmets ruined the combat game. True players don't wear them.

Hey, if you wanna look like a special needs child to gain a slight advantage, go for it.

• Like 3

Simply untrue.

This a million times. The explosive..explosion has only taken off as a result of the helmet. It's caused a lot of players to resort to explosives to get the job done.

I just played a pistol only deathmatch and the opposition all wore helmets, I used to get usually a good 2.0 k/d ratio in them games. I got 0.9 in it just now. It's ruined the combat aspect of this game. I've no respect for anyone who uses it only, you're plain and simple making the game less fun.

• Like 4

Strange Town

If you aim it at the center of the player's face, the helmet won't be of any help.

Since I rarely play PVP, I don't have an issue with it.

caring about what other people think about you when you play a video game....

wtf is wrong with people these days. Just ignore the haters and do what you want. Nobody will ever make me change what I enjoy because they bitch and cry

Simply untrue.

This. I have them but never wear them at all. I can still kill other players that do wear them with zero effort. Edited by TCA

I wear a bulletproof helmet , carry Autoshotty and drive a Kuruma!!

• Like 3