2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Cant get rid of sh*tty guns [PC]

DerpCat

Okay, I have way too many useless handguns in gta0. I have the .50, the heavy pistol, the lvl 1 pistol, and the combat pistol.

I dont even use these guns (I just use ap pistol), and I have dropped them in a session before. I loss a bit of ammo but it gets rid of the useless time scrolling though a weapon wheel.

However, here is my problem. Every-time I join a new session, all the guns i dropped reappear in my inventory. I cant seem to get rid of them.

When I played on ps3, dropping the gun got rid of it unless you re-picked it up, but on pc just joining online gives them back.

Is there something I am missing here? How do I get rid of them without dropping them every single time I join a lobby (it wastes ammo).

UPDATE: R* basically told me "its built in the game, deal with it"

Guess there is no hope now

Edited by DerpCat

Epsilon_Program

Try this.

Select the guns you want in your slots on a single player character and then save (put your AP Pistol into the main slot)

When you go online the AP Pistol should be the default pistol.

This is what I usually do, put all the guns I want in the main slots then happy slaying.

I wish I could drop the pistol that Lamar gives to the Online character in the intro.I have better handguns,and the pistol just takes space and makes scrolling through weapons longer.For now I put a flashlight on it,just to have some use from it,but I almost never use it.

Same for the musket,I just bought it because it was limited time,but since it´s a novelty weapon that shoots very slowly it´s almost useless in Online,I rarely use it there (I like to use it more in Singleplayer for hunting side missions) and I wish I could drop it.

Problem is, I have to scroll though every pistol in history just to get to my sticky bomb or good shotgun when in a car/bike.

On consoles we where able to get rid of any weapon, why cant we do it now?

#UpgradeOrDie

Problem is, I have to scroll though every pistol in history just to get to my sticky bomb or good shotgun when in a car/bike.

On consoles we where able to get rid of any weapon, why cant we do it now?

Nevermind.

Just wait for the next patch.

The latest patch really wrecked the graphics optimizations and even lowered FPS for most people

Edited by #UpgradeOrDie

Arrows to Athens

That lamar pistol is permanent. The same applies to the combat pistol. You will drop it in one session but the next session you join it will automatically resurrect.

Drop your weapons, then pause, leave gtao, that will trigger a save. Then join gtao again and u should be good. Ive had this problem on console as well, and when it happened, i did this and it worked.

But there is no getting rid of the basic pistol permanently.

Also, in heists and missions you will autopickup guns u walk over if u do not have them.

That lamar pistol is permanent. The same applies to the combat pistol. You will drop it in one session but the next session you join it will automatically resurrect.

Wrong, we used to be able to drop them and get rid of them.

Also, in heists and missions you will autopickup guns u walk over if u do not have them.

That would be fine if i can just drop and rid myself of them again.

Drop your weapons, then pause, leave gtao, that will trigger a save. Then join gtao again and u should be good. Ive had this problem on console as well, and when it happened, i did this and it worked.

Strange as I got rid of the basic pistol before, but I'll try this.

I just tried this on PC. I relogg into gtao and BAM....my sh*t guns are back, I mean I have 7 pistols, this has to go.

try dropping your desired weapons and then also change some camo's on your weapons that may force an inventory save. I had a similar issue with the 9mm pistol always reattaching its suppressor until I used this method.

try dropping your desired weapons and then also change some camo's on your weapons that may force an inventory save. I had a similar issue with the 9mm pistol always reattaching its suppressor until I used this method.

Are you on PC or console? Because I already drop weapons, leave gtao, came back and all the weapons returned. On console that would normally work, PC is different. Which do you play on?

Are you on PC or console? Because I already drop weapons, leave gtao, came back and all the weapons returned. On console that would normally work, PC is different. Which do you play on?

I'm on Xbone but I don't really see why that matters, the game uses the same architecture. Obviously the PC (or your PC maybe more precise?) has a bug which disables any sort of save for your inventory whereas the consoles have bugs only triggered by certain events.

I'm on Xbone but I don't really see why that matters, the game uses the same architecture. Obviously the PC (or your PC maybe more precise?) has a bug which disables any sort of save for your inventory whereas the consoles have bugs only triggered by certain events.

Cant be, as if that was true it wouldnt save my outfit changes. Also it does save something, as I lose ammo after dropping a gun, and then it comes back I am still missing that ammo.

Pc might save info differently. PS3 allowed me to get rid of sh*t guns, so something is up with PC.

Metal Slime

One of the heists always puts a suppressor on my Special Carbine.

Same goes for my default regular pistol. Wanted my character to shoot herself, not use suicide pills.

HirsuteDave

The Prison Break and Pacific Standard finales both do this.

Same goes for my default regular pistol. Wanted my character to shoot herself, not use suicide pills.

Do you even read bro?

This is still a problem, anyone got anything yet on it? ...On second though, has someone made a ticket about this bug? (not being able to get rid of normal weapons) i mean.

There are a few postings on support.rockstargames.com, which state that this is a problem. I expect a fix with the next patch.

//EDIT: As an alternative, you can open a ticket, I guess they can remove the weapon from your character.

Edited by NetXSR

There are a few postings on support.rockstargames.com, which state that this is a problem. I expect a fix with the next patch.

//EDIT: As an alternative, you can open a ticket, I guess they can remove the weapon from your character.

just got an auto reply (that had nothing to do with the ticket), then got another reply to check the lastest patch update to see if it fixed the problem (patch had nothing noting written about weapons).

customkingpimp

Try this.

Select the guns you want in your slots on a single player character and then save (put your AP Pistol into the main slot)

This is what I usually do, put all the guns I want in the main slots then happy slaying.

This actually work? I am going to try it tomorrow.

MulletPr00f

Try this.

Personally, I really don't care about the story mode, at least right now. So I didn't go as far in it to unlock the AP Pistol or even the Special Carbine.

My main concern about this issue is not selecting my main weapons each session, but going through all 7 pistols and a Micro SMG when I'm on a bike. I just need my AP Pistol and my Sticky Bombs.

Edited by MulletPr00f

Try this.

Personally, I really don't care about the story mode, at least right now. So I didn't go as far in it to unlock the AP Pistol or even the Special Carbine.

My main concern about this issue is not selecting my main weapons each session, but going through all 7 pistols and a Micro SMG when I'm on a bike. I just need my AP Pistol and my Sticky Bombs.

Same, I DONT need 7 pistols when on my bike, it takes forever to scroll though them all. I just need to get rid of them, ive done it before on console, so whats the trick on pc to get rid of them?

Alec Skorpio

For some reason, the game always gives me the default pistol and the vintage pistol when I load up on PC now.

I didn't mind the game giving me the start pistol, I just threw a silencer on it and saved it for when I needed to be sneaky.

But honestly, I don't need anything other than the AP pistol for cars, so I'd rather no have more sh*t to scroll through between Sticky Bombs and AP Pistol

Mattoropael

From what I've observed, you can't get rid of anything that you actually BOUGHT from Ammu-nation. (Except the pistol, which the game apparently treats Lamar giving it to you as you buying it for free at Ammu-nation)

Anything that you PICKED UP are able to get gotten rid of just fine.

These things get into my nerves as I have what, 7 pistols with only 3 I ever need (AP pistol for obvious reasons, a silenced DEagle, and a Flare Gun for lulz), an assault rifle that is attention-whoring by insisting to be the default in that slot, and an useless sawed-off shotgun that I only ever used when I neglected to select the assault shotgun beforehand.

Edited by Mattoropael

TeammateHelper

IDK.

I'd like to drop my pistols personally. Heavy pistol's my main, and since it's the direct middle in the choices, I have to scroll a bit.

Is there a way to manually save online? if not, R* still thinks this problem isnt online, and wants video proof from me to see if I am "saving my game file" agghhh

Edited by DerpCat

MulletPr00f

Is there a way to manually save online? if not, R* still things this problem isnt online, and wants video proof from me to see if I am "saving my game file" agghhh

Did you open a support ticket?