2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Anyone think games like GTA V are not realistic in graphics?

Orlansky

I think GTA V looks realistic but over on the Guru3d site there this radical graphics extremist group I would call them that think high end pc games are not real world realistic as far as looks. So I said to them wait what about Crysis 3, that's pretty real looking. And they said that's a prime example of how pc games are not realistic in graphics. Jeeesh I didn't even bother to respond to that. All they would've done is argue to no end.

Their arguments I think were about things like grass and trees for example. When grass meets the ground there's an unrealistic line. The grass doesn't go into the ground individually. And when a tree branch intersects a tree trunk the connection is angular and not naturally curved. Well imo there is NO game including GTA V that can avoid that.

This is not a complaint. If that was so I'd mention the grass and tree observation above over in the complaint thread in this forum. I'm just saying what I believe those radical graphics enthusiasts were going after.

So wondered if anyone else is secretly in their camp. Again I'm not one of them and here are games I think look realistic to the real world. Not taking into account artistic value but you can bring it up if you want. Btw playing these on the system listed below at 1440 res.

GTA V, Cyrsis 3, AC Unity, modded Skyrim, Watch Dogs, Far Cry 4, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, and probably in May: Witcher 3

------------

i7 3820 3.6 no oc, Radeon r9 290 4gb, Win 7 Pro

Asus P9 X79, 16 gb Corsair ddr3, WD hd 1tb,

Onboard sound, Cooler Master 650w,

27" Samsung lcd

Edited by Orlansky

Soooooo, you're worrying about the graphics instead of playing the game? The game looks good enough already....you're just staring at the streets and rocks complaining about how they are not realistic. You may as well complain about NPC's not having internal organs.

Edited by IIOctaneII
  • Like 1

that's why video games are video games. it's an entirely different world ; that's how grand theft auto makes merciless killing fun.

• Like 2

star wars battlefront is the very first ingame graphic (if its true) that can be called realistic.

why? lightning. lightreflection. real life lighting has an endless numbers of reflections of every single lightwave. the better the hardware, the more numbers of reflection can be calculated.

gtaV is close, but still easy to tell that its gamegraphics.

but this battlefront trailer really made me open my eyes, looking for the clues that would tell me its not a video, its a game.

btw, it has nothing to do with resolutions, or fotorealistic textures. its all about the lightning.

a movie also doesnt suddenly look like a game just because i watch it on a tiny sh*tty blurred tv.

Edited by iddqdvie

star wars battlefront is the very first ingame graphic (if its true) that can be called realistic.

why? lightning. lightreflection. real life lighting has an endless numbers of reflections of every single lightwave. the better the hardware, the more numbers of reflection can be calculated.

but this battlefront trailer really made me open my eyes, looking for the clues that would tell me its not a video, its a game.

btw, it has nothing to do with resolutions, or fotorealistic textures. its all about the lightning.

a movie also doesnt suddenly look like a game just because i watch it on a tiny sh*tty blurred tv.

I dont think it is ingame graphic. Trailer also says "game engine footage"

keep thinking battlefront is gonna look like that lol

Kids believing trailers represent actual game lol. Hope the game looks at least as good as Battlefield 4.

This is the main reason of pre-orders based on cinematic trailers and then people complaing on the forums that the game isn't what they've seen.

Kinda like McDonald's commercials and what you get on the table.

Kids believing trailers represent actual game lol. Hope the game looks at least as good as Battlefield 4.

This is the main reason of pre-orders based on cinematic trailers and then people complaing on the forums that the game isn't what they've seen.

How do you know he's a kid if you have never seen him in real life ?

JohnMcClainNYPD

The thing about GTA5 is that everything is where it should be just like in the real world (as far as perspective goes). Trees, buildings and cars etc are the right size and shape etc. It's mainly the textures that give it that graphical/toon look. Wait until there's some 'realistic/real world' mods for textures and you'll see a brand new San Andreas just like the mods in GTA4.

how do u know its a "him"? could be anything. i could be a fat 12 year old stupid retard, or a 70 years old granny. it is all possible.

maybe a 30 year old virgin with gen defects? its the internet, i could be a dog!

anyway, sooner or later the games will reach that point where they'll just look real. gtaIV and RDR for example have a nice difference between lightning, that was a huge step up in my eyes.

but since we never met it is hard for me to know at what level of intelligence i would have to explain that to you, but i am sure its googable. (did i just invent a new word here?)

Because Grand Theft Auto V is still a last gen game in design, you can try and pretty it up as much as you can, but compared to actual newer games, it IS going to look worse off, especially in regards to character models, something which has taken a huge boost in recent years with more advanced skin shaders and hair rendering techniques being pushed.

how do u know its a "him"? could be anything. i could be a fat 12 year old stupid retard, or a 70 years old granny. it is all possible.

maybe a 30 year old virgin with gen defects? its the internet, i could be a dog!

anyway, sooner or later the games will reach that point where they'll just look real. gtaIV and RDR for example have a nice difference between lightning, that was a huge step up in my eyes.

but since we never met it is hard for me to know at what level of intelligence i would have to explain that to you, but i am sure its googable. (did i just invent a new word here?)

You been on here since 2011 (probably before that but were banned numerous times), you think you are a 'old school rebel"...my money is on a 30 year old virgin with gen defects..also, you are a white male who likes to prove his "intellect" on the internet because you cannot in real life, you need the solace of hiding behind a computer screen, people in the real world frighten you...you are really just a lonely and scared boy in a 30 year old's body...*tear* for you

Edited by MPowell

It's funny how some people still consider "realism" debatable or a matter of opinion.

I assume you reside in a construction that features windows yes? Or have means of exiting said construction? Take a look outside. Does it look like GTA V?

I think GTA V's graphics are great. I like the way they put style over complexity without slacking off completely as far as the later is conscerned. But they aren't realistic, and thank f*cking god because I'm bored as hell of realism. I see it every day FFS.

Soooooo, you're worrying about the graphics instead of playing the game? The game looks good enough already....you're just staring at the streets and rocks complaining about how they are not realistic. You may as well complain about NPC's not having internal organs.

what is reading?

OT. Yeah I think those people are a bit loopy to go that far. Maybe they should make a game how they want it and we can play it in 40 years. I think games are basically coming to a point where there can be no more upgrades to the graphics CGI will never look real I mean look at that beowolf movie (sorry if its spelt wrong lol) that movie was recorded and then edited over with CGI and still doesnt look realistic.

You been on here since 2011 (probably before that but were banned numerous times), you think you are a 'old school rebel"...my money is on a 30 year old virgin with gen defects..also, you are a white male who likes to prove his "intellect" on the internet because you cannot in real life, you need the solace of hiding behind a computer screen, people in the real world frighten you...you are really just a lonely and scared boy in a 30 year old's body...*tear* for you

Lol. Shut up you little brat.

The man made a very good point on what he said with regards to lighting etc. Maybe stick to threads that a bit more simple for you to process?

what is reading?

OT. Yeah I think those people are a bit loopy to go that far. Maybe they should make a game how they want it and we can play it in 40 years. I think games are basically coming to a point where there can be no more upgrades to the graphics CGI will never look real I mean look at that beowolf movie (sorry if its spelt wrong lol) that movie was recorded and then edited over with CGI and still doesnt look realistic.

My bad lol, I got pissed as soon as I read the title because I knew this would be another , "Y ISNT DIS ROCK IN 4K" thread.

LankanComrade

The new Star Wars Battlefront from DICE looks pretty close to photorealism, they are using Photogrammary so it's like....the actual thing!

GTA V is not supposed to look like the real world.

GTA V has his own graphic style like any game.

I get really annoyed by people who think that if a game looks like it's realistic, it should be exactly like the real world. It's WRONG.

It's like a comic book. The ones with superheroes for exemple. Each cartoonist has his own style. Most of the comic books seems to look like reality, but, on its own way.

This is art. And games have this feature too. It's not supposed to stick to the truth damn it. You must understabd what art is. What is a graphic style.

It's why I never use graphic mods. It ruins the graphic style of the game IMO.

Edited by jdwarfer

personally the graphics are very glossy and shiny to me it seems very unrealistic to me and they always hgave a strong one color tone like iether it's brown and yellow or orange or pink or blue

it's such a mess of colors not to mention that horrible fog everywhere making it look worse than gta 4

the game is pretty when it wants to be thats my opinion

Lol. Shut up you little brat.

The man made a very good point on what he said with regards to lighting etc. Maybe stick to threads that a bit more simple for you to process?

didnt mean you, cdgl. just quoted it all.

i meant the raging guy of course, whatever he's called, im on a phone, dont wanna scroll so much.

topic:

someone mentioned photogrammary, so thats this new technique? seems lovely. still, with all those new graphic technics, i do love games that try to look like a game. NO MAN'S SKY for example is a whole different thing, its universe is being build based on algorythms. i see a bright future for gaming with all those mindblowing things coming up.