3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

My Heist Update Review and Guide

SkyRex

First, vehicles and weapons:

Nothing special with the weapons but nice. New equipment and clothes are looking fitting too.

Awesome new vehicles, I love especially the Kuruma (not armored), the Savage and the Hydra.

Now to the 5 Heists:

We have two Bank robberies for Lester

One drug-mission-stealing run for Trevor

and two Missions for the IAA

Series A Funding:

not a lot of working together here. Although I like the Yacht mission and the stealth biker mission. Apart from that Series A was a letdown, paying out less than Nr3 and not very complex nor cool.

Tips: Shoot, kill, dont get killed.

Bank Heist 1 (Fleeca):

the tutorial mission, not very complex but still great. Splitting tasks for team members and a nice overall feeling of the finale. Not much else to say here, not a lot of things to go wrong.

Tips: if youre driller, don't push the stick through , it depends on how far you move the stick if it runs hot. so move it slowly further to quickly open the save, never push more than currently nessessary.

Bank Heist 2 (Pacific Standard):

The grande finale, the big one of online. Nice action packed prep missions, I liked those, especially Signal and Convoy. Although there is a flaw in the first prep mission, the photographers can do it on their own, drivers have nothing to do really.

The finale itself is good in terms of mission design, if everybody knows how to survive and is able to follows the simple tasks the game gives you it should be relatively easy ( more on that further down). The final part of the escape through chiliad park and jumping of the cliff with the musik calming down is really a nice finishing atmosphere.

tips: DONT SHOOT THE HOSTAGES if youre crowd control. This way you wont trigger the NOOSE and the escape is a whole lot easier. If you struggle with bike driving, use a car. Let only one person pick up all money, so the loss through shooting will be lesser.

IAA mission 1 (Prison):

The first 4 man heist, Prep missions are not really complex and easily done. The prison break itself was great, splitted tasks, multiple fights, coordination of landing and takeoff

Tips:

A good pilot should fly who can dodge missiles and is able to lose the cops on the way to the dropoff. If demolition isn't airborne yet, get behind the LAZER and follow its course, the AI is to dumb to outturn you and this way it will never shoot at you. Demolition should be able to fly a helicopter. The other too is just shoot, kill and don't get killed.

IAA mission 2 (Humane Labs):

My personal favorite heist, nice prep missions, stealing military vehicles and a stealth mission in the dark with heavy rain. Awesome looking carrier , Danger Zone playing after dogfight, and so on , the atmosphere of the preps here is really great. The finale also has split tasks, multiple objectives and is atmospheric.

Tips:

a good pilot for the chopper,should be able to dodge missiles reliably. The gunner should arm the explosive canon (Copilot seat). The ground team should be able to hit something with a parachute and be able to swim out through a narrow tunnel, apart from that its normal shooting and dont get killed.

Things that can go wrong with bad personnell:

The difficulty is highly dependant on the skill of the players. Especially with randoms you have to be lucky. Microphone isnt that important actually, if they are good it runs flawlessly without mics. If you have dumb people you can say 1000 times what they shall do through your mic and they will still do something different and of course screw up.

Nice examples:

Crowd control walks into Pacific standard and immediatly kills some hostages.... i mean , really ?!?!

Ground team jumps out and lands outside the fence of Humane labs....

Ground team gets stuck in the cooling tunnel...

someone jumps off the cliff (Pacific) and dies because he cant parachute.....

pilot cant fly and crashes the plane/helicopter....

Gunner jumps out with the ground team because he cant read what he is supposed to do....

Crowd control goes down into the vault because he cant read what he is supposed to do....

Someone shoots at the mesa jeeps in the humane prep mission while leaving...

Afterthoughts:

It made sense to raid the Labs for the Data for the IAA, but why did they 'helped' Rashkovsky to escape? In which way is his escape useful?

Great summary of the heist update but just a few things I think are wrong in it.

You said that the crowd control shoots the hostages in pacific bank when they enter. Maybe that is their way of beating it. Allowing the noose to arrive allows you to grab the bulletproof seat truck during your escape which can make the heist considerably easier.

And when you say that someone dies when they jump off the cliff in pacific standard cause they can't parachute, there is a known glitch where the parachute doesn't appear or doesn't open at all. It may not have been their fault at all.

Answer to your afterthoughts: I think that you helped Rashkovsky escape because he was paying you. I don't think it had anything to do with the humane labs raid. I'm pretty sure that some of the people in the IAA probably got paid too for helping him escape.

Overall, a great summary of the heists update. I would only suggest that you list the heists in the order that you do them. I just find it annoying to read the heists out of order. Great work though!

Edited by Delta8042

Afterthoughts:

It made sense to raid the Labs for the Data for the IAA, but why did they 'helped' Rashkovsky to escape? In which way is his escape useful?

He escaped, we got paid. Useful enough for me :)

Ezekeil2Ofive17

I love especially the Kuruma (not armored)

The armoured kuruma is vital for quick and easy setups

Non armoured is useless for getting things done, but fun to drive

I love especially the Kuruma (not armored)

The armoured kuruma is vital for quick and easy setups

Non armoured is useless for getting things done, but fun to drive

I like it because I like the current STI. And I don't need my car to 'get things done', I can drive their get out andget things done by myself.

Its just different taste

A little late, don't you think, OP?

...and also, a little we already have a thread for this

http://gtaforums.com/topic/772640-heist-walkthrough-and-rewards/

Afterthoughts:

Money...might as well ask why 47 kills people too

Afterthoughts:

He escaped, we got paid. Useful enough for me :)

He is needed to work on that transponder thingy.