2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

I should of paid half price for this game

lenfam

I've submitted two tickets, got no response. My game will simply not run multiplayer. Crashes when it's loading. I can play single player fine on high settings but that's only half of the game working. Half of a game = half of the price. I've verified the game with no avail, tried all the fixes on various websites, still no result. I've just resigned to the fact that it wont work now.I pre ordered this game a while ago, hoping it would be great, definitely never buying a R* game ever again.

Edit: by "playing single player fine" I mean I can play it with only a few crashes, I guess my expectations have been lowered that much that this is somehow acceptable.

Edited by lenfam

Rockstar is drowning in tickets. Give them time. You can even ask them for a refund if nothing else works for you. Stop being such a whiny pants.

Rockstar is drowning in tickets. Give them time. You can even ask them for a refund if nothing else works for you. Stop being such a whiny pants.

I didn't know it was whiny asking for a product to work. Especially after such a delay.

Uncle Sikee Atric

I didn't know it was whiny asking for a product to work. Especially after such a delay.

It doesn't matter how long we all waited. GTA V launched with bugs, just as we knew it would....

To get a totally bug free launch would be impossible for any developer. Other people have the issue like you and bug fixes and patches will be forthcoming. You just have to patient and accept that this bug is present. Moaning will not speed things up.

• Like 1

MOaRJRr.jpg

World doesn't orbit you I'm afraid.

I never insinuated it did. I just stated a simple equation, half a game = half the cost. I concede I was/am a little angry when writing this but the point stands. I'm also not alone in this constant flurry of crashes so I imagine other people feel just as annoyed, even some of my friends experience this on rigs that really should be running this game easily. I don't see why game developers get this protection of "oh, it's always going to be buggy at launch" when very few other industries get the same low standard. Generally they get a massive ****storm. As someone that was just alerted that this planet doesn't bend to my every whim, these issues annoy me but if they even responded to my ticket with "we're working on it" (which was submitted well over 24 hours ago, their recommended waiting time) I would be happier than just silence.

You didn't exactly pay for both. GTA Online is considered to be an entire different game. It's not singleplayer GTA and multiplayer GTA. It's GTA V and GTA Online.

Bullsh*t aside, maybe reinstalling the game and making sure you have an internet connection would be nice. Maybe firewall is blocking the game.

millions of tickets a day. take time it will young skywalker.

a quicker way there is not.

You didn't exactly pay for both. GTA Online is considered to be an entire different game. It's not singleplayer GTA and multiplayer GTA. It's GTA V and GTA Online.

Bullsh*t aside, maybe reinstalling the game and making sure you have an internet connection would be nice. Maybe firewall is blocking the game.

Reinstalled already, I have 150 mbs internet, unfortunately that's the fastest I can get at the moment, do you recommend me moving to another country to get Google fibre? Disabled all firewalls already.

Expecting a game to work and a company to help you with problems now means you think the world to revolves around you? Looks like every gamer in the world is an asshole that thinks the world revolves around them then.

Edited by TheMcSame

stupid question: did u try joining online after loading into singleplayer? via the char selection wheel?

thats my only way to get into online crashfree (prior to the latest patch, didnt try it now)

I've submitted two tickets, got no response. My game will simply not run multiplayer. Crashes when it's loading. I can play single player fine on high settings but that's only half of the game working. Half of a game = half of the price. I've verified the game with no avail, tried all the fixes on various websites, still no result. I've just resigned to the fact that it wont work now.I pre ordered this game a while ago, hoping it would be great, definitely never buying a R* game ever again.

Edit: by "playing single player fine" I mean I can play it with only a few crashes, I guess my expectations have been lowered that much that this is somehow acceptable.

You should've just pirated the game, like the rest of us, send R* a message about those delays ;)

TheDeathRises

You should've just pirated the game, like the rest of us, send R* a message about those delays ;)

No.

• Like 1

unfortunately, most problems encountered on pc are usermade. a windows pc is easily f*cked up! i dont blame you, but the fact that you expect something that is just not possible makes me think u might just want to release some stress. Its as if u stand in the supermarket row with 1000 other costumers and u blame the supermarket for being slow and not responsing instantly to you while in fact she is the fastest cashier in the world and just about to answer to the hundreds of annoying questions from ppl in front of you, still being polite and respectful, even though everbody is shouting and dicking around.

Edited by iddqdvie

I wish :(

is online working with a cracked version? didnt think so ;)

Online isn't working for me anyway. Buying it provided no advantage over pirating it, for me anyways, i'm sure others are completely satisfied with their online experience. I'm just going to try to get a refund, if I don't get it I'll just count it as a loss and move on.

Edited by lenfam

millions of tickets a day. take time it will young skywalker.

a quicker way there is not.

lol. Well i laughed.

Kaito Katsumi

Not really half a game. GTA ONLINE is a free addon if you buy GTA V. So..

1)Pirating discussions are not allowed in the forums.

2)Pirating Leechers like you should be purged, you're just a burden to the world. Freaking buy it, and stop freeloading.

3)"like all of us." Objection, your honor. The defendant has made a malicious statement about gamers as a whole, as not all gamers pirate games.

4)i hope someone leeches off you in the future.

Edited by Kaito Katsumi
  • Like 2

Kaito Katsumi

Get a life dude, honestly, and remember, on the internet no one takes you seriously.

I had one until i saw your reply here.

Well, I guess it's time to get this post closed. Here we go. If I had pirated this game I would of saved £40 and lost NOTHING. I can't play online anyway. Now, that seems sensible and was probably the smart thing to do, this coming from a person who owns well over 100 games on steam. Incoming moderator banning me in 3,2,1...

Steve Earle & The Dukes - I Ain't Ever Satisfied :sarcasm:

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

ConsolePortBeggrRace

The gaming community is full of addicts with no back bones. You people are always willing to bendover and drop your pants for developers. Can't imagine the outrage from broken cars being sold as new. Oh wait, people outrage over cars.

It doesn't matter how long we all waited. GTA V launched with bugs, just as we knew it would....

To get a totally bug free launch would be impossible for any developer. Other people have the issue like you and bug fixes and patches will be forthcoming. You just have to patient and accept that this bug is present. Moaning will not speed things up.

Pathetic. "I'm a game addict and defend anyone who supplies my drug." Message board gamers have to be the worst people around. All the ever do is support corporations and their broken products.

Glad I got this for free. Broken games and on-disc DLC (Rain, Sindel, etc from Mortal Kombat X) has ruined the legitimacy of gaming.

PC games are full of hackers online, anyway. And the heists/jobs are repetitive as hell. Not even worth playing tbh.

1)Pirating discussions are not allowed in the forums.

2)Pirating Leechers like you should be purged, you're just a burden to the world. Freaking buy it, and stop freeloading.

3)"like all of us." Objection, your honor. The defendant has made a malicious statement about gamers as a whole, as not all gamers pirate games.

4)i hope someone leeches off you in the future.

Game addict corporate apologists are the biggest bums alive. All they ever do is attack the consumer and try to keep them from bringing up how corrupt and lazy developers are. Just because you have an emotional attachements to video games and their creaters, doesn't mean everyone has to. If a game doesn't function properly, they don't deserve to be paid for it. Any other industry has recalls and bad reputation for selling broken products. But when game developers release non functioning products, there's always a bunch of clowns lining up to defend the shady practice.

"Game addict corporate apologists are the biggest bums alive. All they ever do is attack the consumer and try to keep them from bringing up how corrupt and lazy developers are. Just because you have an emotional attachements to video games and their creaters, doesn't mean everyone has to. If a game doesn't function properly, they don't deserve to be paid for it. Any other industry has recalls and bad reputation for selling broken products. But when game developers release non functioning products, there's always a bunch of clowns lining up to defend the shady practice."

Pretty much this, it bugs me so much when people defend game developers so much that they are blind towards obvious flaws, as I said earlier, other industries are held to much higher standards, we should start applying those standards to game devs.

Edited by lenfam

It works perfectly fine, you're obviously doing something wrong or your PC is broken. Source: I have over 100 hours on GTA: O so far.

At the time of posting this 276,559 other people are in-game playing with no issues and 1,855,622 people have bought the game. I've only ever seen 1 person out of 1,855,622 complaining that they can't get online. So are you are telling me it's Rockstar's fault it's not working, or your? Because it's only your fault

https://steamdb.info/app/271590/

• Like 1

Never buying a R* game again?

Come on, stop lying.

Edited by Evan-KCR

PigSkinWytBoy

"Game addict corporate apologists are the biggest bums alive. All they ever do is attack the consumer and try to keep them from bringing up how corrupt and lazy developers are. Just because you have an emotional attachements to video games and their creaters, doesn't mean everyone has to. If a game doesn't function properly, they don't deserve to be paid for it. Any other industry has recalls and bad reputation for selling broken products. But when game developers release non functioning products, there's always a bunch of clowns lining up to defend the shady practice."

Pretty much this, it bugs me so much when people defend game developers so much that they are blind towards obvious flaws, as I said earlier, other industries are held to much higher standards, we should start applying those standards to game devs.

Yeah, the gaming community is the worst in terms of holding companies accountable. Everyone has this "if I don't have a problem, then problems don't exist" stupid mentality. As noted before, it stems from an unhealthy emotional attachment to developers/video games. For a lot of "message board gamers," this is really all they have in life... until one girl finally notices them. Then they make her is avatar and phone background and get deeply depressed when she breaks up. But, I'm getting off topic.

Never buying a R* game again?

Come on, stop lying.

Notice how I said buying, not playing. Pirating ftw.

Right, this topic is done for now.

A reminder for everyone: discussions on piracy are against the forum rules and may result in being suspended at a minimum of 24 hours. Read the following: GTAForums Rules & Policy and Regarding Piracy.

EDIT BY STAFF

Please stop reporting this OP-- he has been punished (temp ban)-- 7 hours ago..

THanks