3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

the unfinished Bohan bridge

The Dedito Gae

The Dedito Gae

as you may know, there's an unfinished bridge in Bohan, at first glance, it seeems like it doesn't make sense, it ends nowhere:

IH5LVJ1.jpg?1

sj15.jpg

BUT...

..a simple helicopter ride proves the bridge actually makes sense! (kinda)

there's an unfinished part of the bridge at the other side (there's a stunt jump there)

sorry i can't upload pictures in-game to prove my point but the real bridge goes lke this:

84Pn3YW.jpg

sobVOgZ.png

for some reason, little details don't appear in the map, there's a construction at the end of the road, as you can see in the more detailed map i found and the one i made by observing the city in a from above, but still it doesn't lead anywhere, it doesn't make sense.

so, here's a map made by me showing how the map would look finished IMO:

RyaX46A.jpg

i don't know what they are building,maybe it's a suport structure for a roundabout/loop.

my question is:

where do you think the bridge would end?

what is the misterious soon to be building?

sorry if this topic seems dumb, but i had the doubt since i first visited Bohan and this forum is the perfect platform to talk about it.

EDIT: updated OP with new map design.

Edited by Midnight Hitman

The south-west end of the bridge sure seems weird.

It ends in some sort of parking lot infront of some skyscrapers/buildings. I dont understand how that makes sense? It would if it was connected to the south bridge, but this way.. weird.

The Dedito Gae

The south-west end of the bridge sure seems weird.

It ends in some sort of parking lot infront of some skyscrapers/buildings. I dont understand how that makes sense? It would if it was connected to the south bridge, but this way.. weird.

the end of the Bohan bridge goes below the overpass to Charge Island, i don't think they are gonna change that bridge, that wouldn't make sense, there's something being build in there and i can't figure out what that is, even after all this years of owning IV.

it also doesn't makes sense that the two lane bridge leads nowhere, the map i did was just for display purposes,

PhillBellic

I feel that the Unfinished Bohan Bay Bridge should link up to the Bohan third of the East Borough Bridge in a smooth transition.

The Dedito Gae

They were almost done completing it until they found out they couldn't find where to make the bridge end. What you see in GTA 4 is them dismantling the bridge as a result of poor urban planning.

funny thing, i liked this comment before opening this thread, i just remember i've seen that thread, still, i don't think it was dismantled due poor urban planning, not even people in Liberty City is that stupid.

I don't think it leads anywhere. It's just a piece of misc. Mostly likely made so you could have a ramp and more stunt jumps to complete.

fMNTnvL.png

It will be probably finished when Liberty City is added to GTA Online.

Sure, but they'll add Vice City first. And Anywhere City.

Edited by BOSS 1992

If I had to use my imagination I'd say they'd demolish decreipt structures around most of South Bohan and create more housing estates, then build a more direct on ramp to this new highway at the end of the bridge from Dukes/Boker. Perhaps the narrow Western road would also be expanded by two lanes to provide a complete 4 lane loop around the entire island.

Is there any hints from looking at satellite imagery from the real Bronx?

PhillBellic

Even though this is from the mod show room, I'd imaginge it would connect into the wider road network like this;

Do you have any renders yet? This type of map mod has been in my wish list for a very long time. :)

I'm currently workin on Sketchup, and eventually I'll import it to 3ds Max

this is what I got so far:

10848819_1030002070361454_15903400498497

• Like 2

I too think that it was left like that on purpose so it'll be served primarily for stunt jumps .

As of 2013 as the series goes , the construction of the bridge surely have been completed .

The Dedito Gae

10848819_1030002070361454_15903400498497

no offense to Spartan's work, but that doesn't make sense,there's a ramp there that looks ankward and impossible to drive into, his design completly ignores the piece of ramp below and if the bridge ends on the Bohan entrance, it would create a really obtuse curve.

i been seeing closely the map, and the only thing possible i can see happening there (without altering the existing bridge of course) is a roundabout/loop street.

RyaX46A.jpg

seeing as there is a possible round column in the middle of the construction site that would serve as support, it looks sturdy and goes underground (sorry for my poor quality photos, no capture card with me)

Owpf6dk.jpg

Hn6x1MN.jpg

all of this is just my own opinion, i like the idea of 007 of making a loop that goes around Bohan (i always found the entries to Bohan ankward) but it seems like R* created this "unfinished" work as a dead end on purpose, which is a shame, because the map is impeccable until you notice this.

thoughts?

EDIT: ignore my english.

I always imagined that the unifinished highway would segue right into the East Borough Bridge, much like what Spartan-092 posted. Ideally, the entire existing ramp system on the Bohan side of the East Borough Bridge would be redesigned to accommodate for the new connection.

Edited by thehambone
  • Like 1

San Andreas Countryside
Meet the GTA 3 players who've spent a decade playing pass-the-pad to 100% the game - GamesRadar

GTA:LCS Save Editor - Supports Android, iOS, PS2, and PSP saves!

GTA3 Save Editor  - Big update in the works!

PhillBellic

I always imagined that the unifinished highway would segue right into the East Borough Bridge, much like what Spartan-092 posted. Ideally, the entire existing ramp system on the Bohan side of the East Borough Bridge would be redesigned to accommodate for the new connection.

It seems very plausible. Given how the Bohan ramps to the East Borough Bridge have those orange barrels, traffic cones, and those fence barriers, it seems very possible that the original, and straighter ramps were demolished and the current ones were constructed as temporary ones.

The Dedito Gae

It seems very plausible. Given how the Bohan ramps to the East Borough Bridge have those orange barrels, traffic cones, and those fence barriers, it seems very possible that the original, and straighter ramps were demolished and the current ones were constructed as temporary ones.

you are really making a point Phil, even from logical point of view, those curvy ramps do seem temporary and build on purpose to not obstruct the street, i might redo the map and take advice of 007 of eliminate certain buildings (warehouses and such) to make room for support structures, which would make a loop around Bohan, seeing as my current design lacks logic.

EDIT: i give up with this map, if i connect the infinished bridge to the bohan entrance, traffic paths will clash, there's no winning here...

Someone is working (or it was, IDK) on a finished version of the bridge using a whole new 3D model. He connected it to the south Bohan bridge instead of the other unfishised end and, IMO, that design has more logic than Midnight's. The only way I see Midnight's design making sense is continue the highway behind the Elizabeta's projects to make it round the island to the west bridge.

Did you see the frightened ones? Did you hear the falling bombs? Did you ever wonder...

CslLPae.png

...why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?

The Dedito Gae

The only way I see Midnight's design making sense is continue the highway behind the Elizabeta's projects to make it round the island to the west bridge.

yeah, mine doesn't make much sense, but when thinking in the possible bridge, i was trying to finish R*'s work, if i modify as Spartan did it, i should demolish buildings in front of the bridge to make room for support structures and completly ignore the ramp to the side, not to mention making exits for the traffic, something difficult to accomplish unless i change the direction of the traffic.

PhillBellic

The only way I see Midnight's design making sense is continue the highway behind the Elizabeta's projects to make it round the island to the west bridge.

yeah, mine doesn't make much sense, but when thinking in the possible bridge, i was trying to finish R*'s work, if i modify as Spartan did it, i should demolish buildings in front of the bridge to make room for support structures and completly ignore the ramp to the side, not to mention making exits for the traffic, something difficult to accomplish unless i change the direction of the traffic.

Hitman, how's your updated map going? :)

The Dedito Gae

i decide to not continue the map, i could demolish some building blocks to make room for the continuation of the bridge, but that wasn't the idea i had,it's one thing to demolish some warehouses to create support structures, but i don't want to modify much of the city.

Niko's Bohan safehouse should be demolished and traffic lines make difficult to create ramps off the bridge, not to mention i wanted to use the ramp next to the bridge, so....no, i just gonna leave it like this.

i decide to not continue the map, i could demolish some building blocks to make room for the continuation of the bridge, but that wasn't the idea i had,it's one thing to demolish some warehouses to create support structures, but i don't want to modify much of the city.

Niko's Bohan safehouse should be demolished and traffic lines make difficult to create ramps off the bridge, not to mention i wanted to use the ramp next to the bridge, so....no, i just gonna leave it like this.

What's the elevation difference between the road deck of the south bridge and the rooftop of Niko's safe house as well as near by tenements? Would they be able to do a high bridge with a slope down to the current south bridge with minimum demolition?

Wiseass Baird

If you played Cops 'n Crooks and the spawns were set in Bohan that unfinished bridge was useful in some intense situations. If you were playing on "All For One" for example, just have the Boss make a stand up there for a few if you wanted to rack up those kills instead of going straight for the getaway and watch as the other players who were the Cops set a strategy in motion if there were good players in the lobby. (Some would grab a Maverick helicopter, others would plan another way of an attack, etc...) Good times, good times...

On another note, you guys were fu**ed if snipers were scattered through the area and the other players got a hold of em. :D

Edited by Wiseass Baird
  • Like 1

The Dedito Gae

What's the elevation difference between the road deck of the south bridge and the rooftop of Niko's safe house as well as near by tenements? Would they be able to do a high bridge with a slope down to the current south bridge with minimum demolition?

no, i saw it and i can't feasibly see how it would work, it's easy to make a sketch that looks nice, but i was taking in account the two lane bridge, unused near ramp, needed places for suport structures (real bridges don't hover), near buildings and traffic lanes needed to create ramps to the highway/bridge.

no, i saw it and i can't feasibly see how it would work, it's easy to make a sketch that looks nice, but i was taking in account the two lane bridge, unused near ramp, needed places for suport structures (real bridges don't hover), near buildings and traffic lanes needed to create ramps to the highway/bridge.

I know bridges don't hover (would be cool though lol) There are plenty of ways to make a bridge over existing developments and I have seen 6 lane freeways supported by single pillars that could fit in back alleyways and when I said minimum demolition I meant the possibility for a few buildings to go. In theory it may be workable considering the garage that was blown up for Faustine and the alley between the warehouses east of that then you have two building blocks covering 2 city blocks maybe a 3rd for for good measure and you're at the bridge. It seems better then what the DOT is doing near me trying to replace the I-74 bridge @ The Mississippi River ( they clear cut all the buildings in the approach path including an iconic cafe and construction won't start until 2017 at the earliest).

• 5 years later...

Bohan is also is a little Village in Belgium with a Bridge that was destroyed in WW2.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohan_sur_Semois#