3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Network coverage in countryside

NumaYay

Hey folks.

It would be / would have been very cool if being out in the countryside would affect the network coverage for the ingame smartphone, in some certain places at least. You shouldn't be able to use your phone in Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness or in the desert for example, it would add to the realism. No internet, no telephone, no text messages, etc. That would increase the feeling of being in the wilderness and cut from civilization.

Same idea for radio stations, it would be cool if you can't listen to Radio Los Santos properly when you're deep in the woods and far away from Los Santos, it should be kinda noisy or so. Just for example.

Pump Action Pimp

IV had the beeping noise when in a car. That was a nice detail. Being on top of a mountain or in the forest with no cellphone access would be cool indeed. It's not that big of a deal though.

• Like 2

The Dedito Gae

i would like to receive weird transmisions near Fort Zancudo, either way, it would suck not being able to listen to the radio when off-roading.

Same idea for radio stations, it would be cool if you can't listen to Radio Los Santos properly when you're deep in the woods and far away from Los Santos, it should be kinda noisy or so. Just for example.

Well, you can´t listen to WCTR when you´re too far from LS. Same for BCTR, if you go back to the LS area, you can´t listen to it anymore.

• Like 2

It´s because both are regional radio stations. WCTR (the liberal talk radio) for the LS area and BCTR (conservative talk radio) for the rural areas.

The Dedito Gae

Really? Wow didn't even know that, I'll try it out.

do you even own the game?

Hey folks.

It would be / would have been very cool if being out in the countryside would affect the network coverage for the ingame smartphone, in some certain places at least. You shouldn't be able to use your phone in Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness or in the desert for example, it would add to the realism. No internet, no telephone, no text messages, etc. That would increase the feeling of being in the wilderness and cut from civilization.

Hunting!?

"God I hate the way you have to drive back and forth just to get a signal to send the photos to Cletus.

Although Trevor's reactions when he can't get a signal are great!"

:pp

Edited by Beyond72
  • Like 2

lastmanonearth

They should have areas where you can`t get radio stations, maybe only one local station and other than that the only way to listen is through your smartphone music library for which you should be able to purchase songs through an in-game iTunes like store. Select the song you want or put it on "shuffle." That`s the kind of thing Saints Row 2 had if I remember correctly, you could purchase single tracks from music retailers. Not having signal on your phone would have been the most welcome in GTA IV. NIIIIKOOO COUSIN U WANNA GO BOWLING???

Before entering this thread, I read the title and saw the creator and thought 'Christ, here we go again'. But you know what? I quite like this idea. Definitely would add to the feeling of isolation. And think how creepy it'd be at night, stuck in some remote area on a mountain, trying to call one of your contacts, and the call breaking up before disconnecting leaving you with the sound of a slight breeze and unseen animals creeping around.

Bravo, OP. Perhaps you're not the troll I initially had you pinned as.

What wilderness?

That place outside the city. Edited by John Smith

bash the fash m8s 

i would like to receive weird transmisions near Fort Zancudo

This would be kinda creepy, so I like it.

• Like 2

JP0cYXG.png

Before entering this thread, I read the title and saw the creator and thought 'Christ, here we go again'. But you know what? I quite like this idea. Definitely would add to the feeling of isolation. And think how creepy it'd be at night, stuck in some remote area on a mountain, trying to call one of your contacts, and the call breaking up before disconnecting leaving you with the sound of a slight breeze and unseen animals creeping around.

What wilderness?

That place outside the city.

Not really a wilderness

• Like 1

What wilderness?

Not really a wilderness

... And another thread begins its descent.

• Like 1

Spider-Vice

In the tunnel that goes from Chilliad to Paleto Bay, many a times when listening to the radio you can actually hear interference. The tunnel that is accessible via a dirt track.

• Like 1

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

What wilderness?

Not really a wilderness

... And another thread begins its descent.

My point was that basically from anywhere there's a max distance of a mile to a town/settlement. So it would be unrealistic in addition to being annoying

Cutter De Blanc

I like being able to call Taxi from anywhere thank-you-very-much

• Like 1

Fuzzknuckles

Evidence suggests no, he doesn't have the game, and possibly hasn't even played it.

He continues to complain about things, though. Like the weather effects, which he's almost certainly seeing on youtube clips.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

What wilderness?

Not really a wilderness

jontron-ah-boy-here-we-go.gif

oCrapaCreeper

In the tunnel that goes from Chilliad to Paleto Bay, many a times when listening to the radio you can actually hear interference. The tunnel that is accessible via a dirt track.

Your GPS also cuts off too.

• Like 1

My memory may be horrible, but I remember in singleplayer on my first playthrough when I was messing around in the country, and I couldn't access the internet until I got close to civilization.

• 2 weeks later...

Evidence suggests no, he doesn't have the game, and possibly hasn't even played it.

He continues to complain about things, though. Like the weather effects, which he's almost certainly seeing on youtube clips.

I had the game for X360, Xbox One (sold them) and now I have it for PC and I've never noticed that thing with the radio stations.

Edited by NumaYay

thafablifee46

What wilderness?

Not really a wilderness

Haha who is that guy in that gif ? He looks so familiar

Sometimes i can't acess the internet when i go too far from LS.

Appear a error message from the browser

What wilderness?

Not really a wilderness

Haha who is that guy in that gif ? He looks so familiar

It's JonTron.

• Like 1

tranceking26

Maybe for some remote spots but as already said, we need the abilty to ring for a taxi

I had the exact same thought. Congrats NumaYay, that's a great idea...

Like in RDR, you could only listen to that awesome ambient music and hear the forest/desert/animals near you...

PhillBellic

Perhaps in a future installment of the series we might see this.