2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Burger Shot, Cluckin' Bell, Up 'n' Atom, etc.

NumaYay

Anybody else wondering why these restaurants are not open, without any interiors? I think it takes away from the atmosphere, they should've got rid of regenerating health and just opened up all those restaurants.

They've had interiors in the last few GTA games and I liked it a lot.

Do you know why R* could have decided not to open restaurants in V?

Official General

We've been asking this question since the game was first released. You're never gonna know the answer to why Rockstar decided to f*ck up such a small, but subjectively very important and easily implemented feature.

Edited by Official General

Yeah that's the point. It would be easy as hell to copy/paste these restaurants and adjust them a bit here and there. A small but importanz detail imo.

MODS can you please remove the "- why not op" from thread title? Looks kinda stupid. The "open?" was cut.

Edited by NumaYay
  • Like 2

Alec Skorpio

they should've got rid of regenerating health and just opened up all those restaurants.

Yes, because a restaurant that you wouldn't even be able to access in missions would work way better than regenerating health...

That being said, I guess they thought the 24/7 stores were better or just didn't think about it.

• Like 3

TheOneLibertonian

They should have put map markers on the 24/7 stores in SP at least. I hope in the SP DLC we have fully functioning restaurants, but I doubt it.

The Dedito Gae

Anybody here ever wonder why water is wet?

cause you touch yourself at night.
  • Like 9

Pump Action Pimp

cause you touch yourself at night.

Maccer-GTASA.jpg

Yup, do you know why?

OT:

Seriously, I can't think of any logical reason as to why there kept them closed, and more importantly, still no access even on the NG Consoles.

I mean, what the heck? At least, one reason to keep them inaccessible?

Pump Action Pimp

Eh. I can live without it. It was a nice feature no doubt. One thing I wish we could have on Single Player was actions. I want to chainsmoke as Michael darn it. :p

• Like 4

The Dedito Gae

Seriously, I can't think of any logical reason as to why there kept them closed, and more importantly, still no access even on the NG Consoles.

I mean, what the heck? At least, one reason to keep them inaccessible?

the health of the character regenerates by itself and we have 24/7 to fill the remaining life bar.

lastmanonearth

It`s a "new, fresh, bold new direction." Thank God that we have such, such brave and forward thinking geniuses at Rockstar who are courageous to undertake such a bold and courageous, fresh, innovative, hip and mind-opening "new direction..."

I still miss spraying the Clucking Bell staff with the fire extinguisher or paint can and making them choke!

That was just one of the little ways in which San Andreas would constantly surprise you, something that V didn't really achieve.

CarlitoDorito

Please refer to the 10000000000 comments on this subject, I think there's another few thousand threads you can read too. You'll get an answer as to why they weren't in the game. Usually along the lines of "shark cards that's why! catering to 12 year olds! Online! Dropped the ball!" Loads of people on here say that, so it's true obviously. Not forum gush. At all.

Edited by CarlitoDorito
  • Like 2

Pump Action Pimp

Please refer to the 10000000000 comments on this subject, I think there's another few thousand threads you can read too. You'll get an answer as to why they weren't in the game. Usually along the lines of "shark cards that's why! catering to 12 year olds! Online! Dropped the ball!" Loads of people on here say that, so it's true obviously. Not forum gush. At all.

It's true to an extent. Hyperbole doesn't necessarily automatically make the statement untrue.

• Like 1

CarlitoDorito

It's true to an extent. Hyperbole doesn't necessarily automatically make the statement untrue. which part is true? :O Edited by CarlitoDorito

It`s a "new, fresh, bold new direction." Thank God that we have such, such brave and forward thinking geniuses at Rockstar who are courageous to undertake such a bold and courageous, fresh, innovative, hip and mind-opening "new direction..."

Yeah, cola, sweets, chocobars.

5104093ba6225caffcd066fa25d7d120a6923dc6

• Like 4

lastmanonearth

5104093ba6225caffcd066fa25d7d120a6923dc6

Except you can`t even buy the chocolates like in IV, only E-Cola.

*diabeetuscat.jpg*

Except you can`t even buy the chocolates like in IV, only E-Cola.

You can.

In stores, it replenishes the HP instantly and can't be saved in inventory, like Online.

Edited by Alvarez

Pump Action Pimp

It's true to an extent. Hyperbole doesn't necessarily automatically make the statement untrue.
which part is true? :O

Rockstar became a bit of a corporate sell out. It's not as terrible as Activision or EA, but they've slipped a bit. It shows in the micro transactions.

Yeah, the thread does seem rather old-hat. Then again, if R* had got their sh*t together and released the Story DLC by now, perhaps we'd have something else to talk about.

• Like 1

CarlitoDorito

Rockstar became a bit of a corporate sell out. It's not as terrible as Activision or EA, but they've slipped a bit. It shows in the micro transactions. I'm sure if micro transactions were big 20 years ago they'd be selling them then too.

It could be worse though. Shark card billboards everywhere. Shark card inspired clothing. Charge for DLC and sell Game money. Every newswire update being a buy shark cards thing. If you could sell people fake money, wouldn't you? Lol

• Like 2

Pump Action Pimp

Compared to most companies I will agree Rockstar's pretty good to it's customers. That's not saying much. The Order was released for the PS4 and it's basically a tech demo.

Hardline's going to be a DLC fest.

King Vercetti

My explanation for the restaurants being closed is that if we had them, half the campaign would have been driving Jimmy around town every time he got the munchies, along with even more tea bagging, jizzle this and jizzle that, and other assorted douchbaggery. :D

• Like 4

lastmanonearth

Rockstar became a bit of a corporate sell out. It's not as terrible as Activision or EA, but they've slipped a bit. It shows in the micro transactions.

Oh the other thread now has me convinced that they are the worst, the "Rockstar hangs up on customers" thread.