2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

New to Online, unsure of how to deal with some players

Dr. Snakeyes

Dr. Snakeyes

I am new to the GTA franchise. I finished the story mode and just started playing online (pc user) and have been experiencing a problem. I have been killed dozens of times by players driving around in armored karuma and insurgent vehicles. I would prefer not to spend the entirety of my time in passive mode as I don't mind fighting other players, however the fights with these armored vehicles seems extremely one sided. Twice now I have just gotten fed up and used sticky bombs to destroy my assailant, and now I am down by 22k (total) because I simply get an immediate bill from their insurance. Then they get their vehicle again and proceed to slaughter me once more.

My question is: Is there really any way to deal with this kind of player short of passive mode or simply trying to avoid them?

You can actually shoot players in the Karuma if you aim properly with an armour piercing weapon, but it's pretty difficult.

Only thing you can do is change lobbies, stick to passive, or just stop wasting time in free roam and start grinding missions / heists.

• Like 2

Armoured Insurgent don't have bullet proof windows. Stay in front and spray. Passive mode if they attempt reverse kill until you can get back in front.

Armoured Karuma: blow them up and try to kill them before getting the vehicle back. Heavy shotgun to the doors to take them off, leaving then open until destroyed.

Don't waste explosives as you will burn even more money.

CarimboHanky

dont want to be on passive?

head to a invite only session.

gettin killed is the norm in the jungle named FREEROAM!

• Like 2

JulesDennis

I am new to the GTA franchise. I finished the story mode and just started playing online (pc user) and have been experiencing a problem. I have been killed dozens of times by players driving around in armored karuma and insurgent vehicles. I would prefer not to spend the entirety of my time in passive mode as I don't mind fighting other players, however the fights with these armored vehicles seems extremely one sided. Twice now I have just gotten fed up and used sticky bombs to destroy my assailant, and now I am down by 22k (total) because I simply get an immediate bill from their insurance. Then they get their vehicle again and proceed to slaughter me once more.

My question is: Is there really any way to deal with this kind of player short of passive mode or simply trying to avoid them?

You can just shoot them when they try to ran over you.I know that when they are in the kuruma o driving backwards with the insergent is more difficult but if you practice your skills you'll get there.

From what I understand you are a new (low level) player that these griefers see you as an easy target.

Well let me tell you that this was even worse the first months after game release when the tank was their tool and there was no way for a lower level player to fight back because he did not had the guns to do it.Now you can either blow them up or shoot them.Back then your only option was passive (they still could kill you but they pay for your medical bill) or leave session.

So my advice is :practice and get better.

Edited by JulesDennis

Furry_Monkey

Hone your skills in missions - do as many as possible. If you're new to the game then they'll all be fresh and you should get a lot of fun out of them. There's also the added bonus that this will increase your rank and money at the same time.

Alternatively, or at the same time, look for or start a thread in the meetups forum and try to get together with other like-minded players, whether it be other new starters or people that are happy to help new starters...

http://gtaforums.com/forum/298-find-a-lobby-meetups/

If you just want to explore though, passive or invite only are the answers.

Welcome to the kill fest known as Los Santos, Bar blowing them up their is not much you can do against them until you get to level 37 & unlock the assault shotgun. It's very very good at penetrating armored vehicles & killing the occupants. The pump shotgun unlocked at level 17 also works just not as well so it's best to avoid them for now until your rank increases & you get better weapons.

"Offer candy... then a butt of a gun to the face!"

I'd say in all seriousness, keep an eye on your map at all times. Any jet, helicopter, insurgent or tank icons should be treated as suspicious. If any are in your immediate vicinity, be prepared to run or fight (depending on your preferred method of response or weapons at hand).

The Kuruma is more difficult to spot as it doesn't have a custom icon. Most armoured Kurumas will be red dots if they're killing in Freeroam though, this might also help. Try to figure out where the good spots for shortcuts, cover and escape routes are, like alleyways, tunnels, sewer pipes, and garages... this gets easier after a good few hours of play.

If I see any of the tank / jet / heli / insurgent icons in anything other than white, I give them a wide berth and move elsewhere, or temporarily go into Passive Mode until they move on.

In extreme cases where someone is spawnkilling you or making things personal, change session. There's no shame in it and if you're not having fun, why bother sticking around? If they send you a message like 'scrub' or pv$$y', reply with a cheerful 'trolololol', block them, and go about your day... happy in the knowledge that you haven't sunk to their level. ;)

Edited by Coleco

You'll want to pick up the Heavy Shotgun from Ammunation so you can knock off the doors on an armored Kuruma (exposing the occupants to gunfire), and you'll also want the Special Carbine for general PvP combat. For the Insurgent, find something to take cover behind and try to shoot and kill the front occupants when the vehicle's front windshield is facing you. Once the driver and/or front passenger is dead, any rear occupants will be sitting ducks.

Oh, and although they aren't too common of a threat, you may also want to get a Homing Launcher for enemy aircraft, but I wouldn't worry too much about it if you're new to the game.

• Like 1

Welcome to the jungle, OP.

Free Roam Golden Rules:

Trust no random player. EVER.

Shoot all randoms on sight. They will do the same to you. No exceptions.

Do not take anything into public FR that you are not prepared to see destroyed - your car, your cash, your stats, your faith in humankind.

Do not be precious about changing sessions.

If you want to do anything constructive, do it in Invite Only/Friend/Crew sessions.

Public FR is an eternal warzone. Expect nothing else and you won't be disappointed.

Last of all, GTA Online is the pinnacle of the franchise and easily my favorite GTA game; 99% of the playerbase are reprehensible f*cktards who you will not miss when you eventually make the transition to Invite Only.

Oh, and join a crew that suits your playstyle - GTA is significantly more fun with a decent crew.

WWEMichaelB

You need to go buy the DLC guns thats are available for everyone. Then fight back. You'll die a lot at first because you're new and aren't 100% sure where all the good hiding/cover spots are, but thats expected since you're new.

Join a crew/friends that will help you fight if you want to fight. But really there is no other way than to avoid them if you don't want to deal with them. Use invite only sessions to handle your own business (upgrades, shopping, etc.) and leave the free roam sessions for when you want to battle with people. The different session types are essentially different game modes, so use them.

I usually find a spot next to a tree (so they can't run u over). And with a long straight road do u can see Em comin straight ahead. Then shoot them through their window

• Like 1

Free Roam Golden Rules:

Thats bad advice...if hes not looking for combat.

Never shoot at a non hostile player 1st. Because not everyone is hostile.

And some non hostile players.. can be really good at combat. So shooting at them for no reason, can give them a reason to start shooting back.

Moral of the story.. Chill the F out.

Free Roam Golden Rules:

And some non hostile players.. can be really good at combat. So shooting at them for no reason, can give them a reason to start shooting back.

What he said.

Free Roam Golden Rules:

Yeah, the second you shoot at someone they will definitely attempt to kill you 95% of the time. But you really need to make a judgement call; from my experience, about 55% of people shoot on sight.

dont want to be on passive?

head to a invite only session.

gettin killed is the norm in the jungle named FREEROAM!

Or simply keep switching normal lobbies untill you find a more peaceful one. There's no shame in switching sessions especially if someone is chasing you and repeatedly killing you.

Go in passive and stand there for a few minutes. Go grab a drink, smoke or take a piss. They will get bored and leave.

• Like 1

Blow up the karuma, hide from the insurgent...what da problem is?

He purposely said he doesn't have the money to blow them up.

The armored Kuruma and Insurgent are OP as hell if you have a driver and a passenger. I once went on a 25-1 killstreak in an armored Kuruma. I was laughing at how easy and pathetic it was.

All Rockstar needs to do is eliminate the insurance on the vehicles. No one should have to pay for defending themselves.

Adrian_AFTB

The armored Kuruma and Insurgent are OP as hell if you have a driver and a passenger. I once went on a 25-1 killstreak in an armored Kuruma. I was laughing at how easy and pathetic it was.

All Rockstar needs to do is eliminate the insurance on the vehicles. No one should have to pay for defending themselves.

There are other ways of defending yourself other than blowing up an insured personal vehicle. I agree with you, don't get me wrong, but it is not the only form of defense. Granted, sometimes blowing up a PV is unavoidable, or even accidental, especially for new players.

Armored kurumas are a joke and lol @ people thinking they're invincible in them, everytime one comes close to me i rpg or sticky the piss right out of them.

Listen OP, i used to be like you in the beginning but now that all these new things have been added its much more annoying for new players, my advice: Get good at the game, with these new things added you can buy DLC weapons like the homing launcher and bullpup rifle even at level 1.

Edited by G o d

Soran Is On

if you don't like insurance and you dont like passive mode, you better like runnin' cause that's all you'll be doing without a minigun or rpg.

Minigun handles the insurgent trolls, RPG handles the Kuruma trolls. But all with a price.

Jun2nolimit

Free Roam Golden Rules:

Yeah, the second you shoot at someone they will definitely attempt to kill you 95% of the time. But you really need to make a judgement call; from my experience, about 55% of people shoot on sight.yous are tripping are your sure we are playing the same game

95% of players will shoot you on site

They will shoot you while your in stores

They will blow you up as you drive by

They will wait outside of lsc to kill you

They will find ways to kill you when your in passive

And anyone who thinks different is in denial

The other 5% do what they gotta do then start shooting when they get bord

I have never meet someone in online that hasn't killed nobody outside of dm

all players are a treat and should be handled accordingly

Edited by Jun2nolimit

Free Roam Golden Rules:

Yeah, the second you shoot at someone they will definitely attempt to kill you 95% of the time. But you really need to make a judgement call; from my experience, about 55% of people shoot on sight.
yous are tripping are your sure we are playing the same game

95% of players will shoot you on site

They will shoot you while your in stores

They will blow you up as you drive by

They will wait outside of lsc to kill you

They will find ways to kill you when your in passive

And anyone who thinks different is in denial

The other 5% do what they gotta do then start shooting when they get bord

I have never meet someone in online that hasn't killed nobody outside of dm

all players are a treat and should be handled accordingly

Who gives a flying sh*t what 'they' do.

Im 100% friendly.. Till they shoot. Then im 100% hostile to that player only.

Everything you posted is easily avoidable.. If you simply use whats available. Passive, bullet proof cars... Avoid conflict areas.

The only person tripping is the guy who complains about everyone shooting on sight.. then goes and starts shooting everyone on sights. You are that guy if you do that.

Not everyones hostile..which is 100% fact. And being a paranoid freak only gets you shot up even more. Piss off the right player, and you will end up in passive, getting spawn killed or leaving the session. Especially if they have a crew or friend in the session.

Again. sometimes its just better to play smart then shoot everyone on sight. Unless you want to engage in combat. If you trying to avoid combat, shooting everyone on sight ain't helping anything.

Shooting someone whos doing what you posted ( being a troll).. is i different then shooting at someone driving by and honking and not TRYING to kill you.

One is defensive.. the other is offensive.

Edited by HulioG
  • Like 5