2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Installing Retail Into Steam.

Mossole

Hello everybody. Here's my situation; I own both a retail copy of GTA V, and a steam copy. I have the full retail version installed on my PC. I'm wondering if it's possible to some how paste my existing retail installation files into steam, so I don't have to download 60 gigs to play through my steam ID. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance! Sorry for the double post in the IV forums :(

Create the correct folder in the right destination and slap all the files in there.

It worked for me when i bought arma 3 and copied it from my friends ext. hard drive.

Hello everybody. Here's my situation; I own both a retail copy of GTA V, and a steam copy. I have the full retail version installed on my PC. I'm wondering if it's possible to some how paste my existing retail installation files into steam, so I don't have to download 60 gigs to play through my steam ID. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance! Sorry for the double post in the IV forums :(

You bought the retail and Steam version of the game??

WHY????

ClaudeSteed

It doesn't matter which version you have, you'll always end up playing with your RSC account, not your Steam nickname or anything else.....

I was hoping to be able to give the hard copy's activation code to my friend and then I could play through steam. Reason I have both is originally I was going to download it, while it was downloading (super slow net) I saw it at EB Games and bought it, then installed it. Now I'm working on getting it to jive with my Steam library =S. Thanks for all replies dudes!

Metal Slime

WHY????

Super quick install. Edited by Zonnex

I got it figured, took quite a bit of screwing around but I'm finally downloading the 5 gig patch through steam :)

If anyone has the same problem post here and I can walk you through what worked for me. Thanks all, GL.

WHY????

Super quick install.

WHY????

because he can. :devil:

He's an idiot....

1. It won't be a super quick install.... Still needs to download the 5.5GB patch file....

2. It has now cost Him twice as much to play as everyone else

I highly suspect that what he has done is download and install a pirate copy of the game and has now bought it on steam to get access to Online.... but does not want to loose his single player game save....

That or he couldn't get the crack to work at all and wants to use the files he already installed rather than have to wait for steam to download.

DEERxBanshee

WHY????

Super quick install.

WHY????

He's an idiot....

1. It won't be a super quick install.... Still needs to download the 5.5GB patch file....

I highly suspect that what he has done is download and install a pirate copy of the game and has now bought it on steam to get access to Online.... but does not want to loose his single player game save....

I got physical copy and it didn't cost me twice as much as everyone else to play..?

WHY????

Super quick install.

WHY????

He's an idiot....

I got physical copy and it didn't cost me twice as much as everyone else to play..?

This guy said he bought both a physical copy AND a steam copy....

As in two copies of the game....

The only way to do that legitimately is to buy it twice....