2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Daily Objectives and Mental State

Pentalarc

As I said, I'm just starting out on GTAO, but I'm about to unlock the daily objectives for one character, and I noticed this.

There is a daily objective to kill 5, 10, or 20 players?

Wouldn't that eventually get you declared a bad sport, dunce cap, bad sport only sessions, and the like?

Seems like their working at cross purposes by putting that as an objective.

Nope. Only destroying Personal Vehicles and/or getting reported for glitching/cheating/hacking or using hate speech nets you bad sport points.

Killing people won't even bugde you anywhere near badsport. So you know, go for it.

Edited by Ezza.
  • Like 3

ShadowTheFaded

You have to destroy many personal vehicles to land in bad sport lobbies. You can check your status on the player list in the pause menu.

If it says clean player your fine. Dodgy player means your bout to be a bad sport. If that happens try to get others to commend you or do missions for a bit.

Killing another player doesn't affect you negatively.

JSwartz0181

Only if you blow up people's PVs in the process will you get Bad Sport -- otherwise anyone and everyone who has ever played a deathmatch would be one!

And kills in Deathmatches count towards the total as well. So it doesn't have to be a license to grief

Ahhh, that explains it. I knew that kills in deathmatches didn't count for bad sport, but I didn't know they counted for the objective. That's exactly it, helresa, I thought it was a "license to grief" as you said.

Since I am normally in passive mode unless I have a reason not to be, if a griefer gets too annoying, unless I have a vehicle I'm selling to protect, I've gotten to the point where I just stand there, let them run me over, and pay my medical bills, since I deposit all my cash as soon as I get it anyway on the phone.

So far, not a single one has gotten the idea that the guy just standing there waiting to splat and respawn is actually going to cost him money to kill.

A little while ago, you'd have to suicide bomb a thirty person car meet and then send a muffin sprinkled with arsenic to The Benz to even have the possibility of getting into bad sport.

I'm not sure how it is now, but you'll be fine if you murder other players.

Edited by NubcakeVII

I'll just do deathmatches if that comes up. . .two birds with one stone and all that.

I'll just do deathmatches if that comes up. . .two birds with one stone and all that.

You can spend a long time waiting in DM lobbys. Much faster in free roam

You can spend a long time waiting in DM lobbys. Much faster in free roam

I find it easier and quicker in death matches. I seem to do good in dm but get owned in free roam.

At the OP. If your just wanting to keep your clean player statues, do death matches.

• Like 1

Im not sure there is a kill 5 or 10 player objectives. Im on day 25 and havent seen it anyway. There is a kill revealed player, collect a bounty and kill a player while off radar all which require only 1 player kill.

Nope. Only destroying Personal Vehicles and/or getting reported for glitching/cheating/hacking or using hate speech nets you bad sport points.

Killing people won't even bugde you anywhere near badsport. So you know, go for it.

Don't forget leaving during missions counts.

JSwartz0181

Im not sure there is a kill 5 or 10 player objectives. Im on day 25 and havent seen it anyway. There is a kill revealed player, collect a bounty and kill a player while off radar all which require only 1 player kill.

I've had "Kill 5 players" and "Kill 20 players" personally a few times, and crewmates have had "Kill 10 players" (each day I've had them relay their Dailies, word-for-word, with what letters are capitalized (I can be really anal like that sometimes), so I can write them down).

WWEMichaelB

This is what we all like to call "Rockstar Logic".

I've had "Kill 5 players" and "Kill 20 players" personally a few times, and crewmates have had "Kill 10 players" (each day I've had them relay their Dailies, word-for-word, with what letters are capitalized (I can be really anal like that sometimes), so I can write them down).

HA! You said anal. lol

CarimboHanky

i had the kill 5 players once in 23 days.

havent seen the 10 or 20 kills tho

Soran Is On

Ahhh, that explains it. I knew that kills in deathmatches didn't count for bad sport, but I didn't know they counted for the objective. That's exactly it, helresa, I thought it was a "license to grief" as you said.

Since I am normally in passive mode unless I have a reason not to be, if a griefer gets too annoying, unless I have a vehicle I'm selling to protect, I've gotten to the point where I just stand there, let them run me over, and pay my medical bills, since I deposit all my cash as soon as I get it anyway on the phone.

So far, not a single one has gotten the idea that the guy just standing there waiting to splat and respawn is actually going to cost him money to kill.

No one in GTA says, damn I wish I didn't kill that guy in passive I didn't think of the medical bills.

I blow up 16K insurgents just to watch the pretty sparks.

i had the kill 5 players once in 23 days.

havent seen the 10 or 20 kills tho

Nice I want this one now. This way I can message my victims saying "objective complete" haha

I've gotten both the kill 5 and the kill 20 players objectives this week. I hardly ever kill in free roam, I wonder if it tracks that and decides I need to kill more? lol. I did the 5 player one in free roam, but at my pace of kills it would take me an hour or more to do 20 (I don't randomly kill, I drive around until someone shoots at me then hope they want to battle for a while), so I DM'd it. Which in retrospect probably took just as long with failed lobby loads and waiting for people to join...

I think the one that made my mental state meter go up the most was the 'call lester and cause havoc' one. I just stood on a freeway with a minigun and took out NPC cars till I got the checkmark. Bar went up maybe 1/2 a click.

But at no time is there a risk of bad sport. You can kill as many people as you want as long as you don't destroy their car or get reported for grieving. The mental meter and bad sport are two different things.

No one in GTA says, damn I wish I didn't kill that guy in passive I didn't think of the medical bills.

I blow up 16K insurgents just to watch the pretty sparks.

Eh, perhaps. Did have one guy last night decide repeatedly running my over in an insurgent was a valuable use of his time. Honestly, since, as I said before, most of my walking-around time is in passive and I bank my cash as soon as I get it, I just switched sessions once it annoyed me.

If someone is trying to make an objective, and doesn't mind paying the bill, I don't really care, since it doesn't "cost" me anything. If it's some guy going "Dood my insurgent is bigger than yourz lol!!11!" which is my guess at what this guy was doing, I'll just switch sessions when his bumper is an inch away and go on with my life.

For myself, I will do DM and the like if I get that objective because I'm that anal retentive/OCD about my online cash that I would get annoyed at having to pay the bills, but that's just me.

Interesting how the game/R* was trying to get me to make a deal about it. Trying to get me to do a 1 on 1 DM with the guy and then declaring him my "archenemy" (which when I read, I had to put "!!11!" after it) I would have preferred it to say, "Some guy with no life is in your session!!" but that's just my sense of humor.