2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Question about Insurgent

Assused

Hello, i got 2 question about insurgent pick up and insurgent SUV vehicle.

1. Pick up - is there any way to prevent other player from driving my pick up ? for example calling the pegasus to reload the vehicle or something like that ?

2. SUV - does this type of insurgent have an openable roof for player sitting with me in the car and is it able to shoot from there using own guns ( for example pistol or micro SMG ) ?

Thanks for responses.

1. Can be hijacked like any pegasus vehicle

2. Yes you can shoot from it no roof

Edited by ~Joseph~

1) No, the mount one can be stolen by other players just like the tank.

2) openable roof like the mount? no.

JELLY UNICORN

EDIT: accidental doublepost, mods delete this.

Edited by JELLY UNICORN

1 - Any Pegasus vehicle can be stolen, as said, but those that stole your vehicle will get a text saying Pegasus are reclaiming that vehicle and kicking them out of it seconds later. How much time they can use it? No clue. I'd say about 5-10 minutes from past experience but would need to try again as it was ages ago.

2 - The Insurgent is an armored truck...so no, it won't have a retractable roof. This isn't a beach buggy. Players can simply shoot from the windows. But what's worthy to note is that the Pegasus variation (Pick-Up Insurgent) does have an option for the gunner to sit in the back seat as he can fall out when the truck is flipping around in the air (one of the d-pad directions on the Xbox 360). So have the gunner sitting in the back when not near anyone and then pop up when coming up to players. Just avoid big jumps or any street objects that could make you flip when he's on the machine gun.

*edit*
Such lazy responses. Come on, guys, put some effort in your posts.

Edited by livejoker

1 - Any Pegasus vehicle can be stolen, as said, but those that stole your vehicle will get a text saying Pegasus are reclaiming that vehicle and kicking them out of it seconds later. How much time they can use it? No clue. I'd say about 5-10 minutes from past experience but would need to try again as it was ages ago.

2 - The Insurgent is an armored truck...so no, it won't have a retractable roof. This isn't a beach buggy. Players can simply shoot from the windows. But what's worthy to note is that the Pegasus variation (Pick-Up Insurgent) does have an option for the gunner to sit in the back seat as he can fall out when the truck is flipping around in the air (one of the d-pad directions on the Xbox 360). So have the gunner sitting in the back when not near anyone and then pop up when coming up to players. Just avoid big jumps or any street objects that could make you flip when he's on the machine gun.

*edit*

Such lazy responses. Come on, guys, put some effort in your posts.

but it have a non functional roofhatch. which is kinda of stupid..

Seeing as OPs question has been answered, I'd like to ask a stupid question.

One thing I've never bothered to check out is how many people can get into one. Can anyone tell me how many people can get in to an Insurgent.

Seeing as OPs question has been answered, I'd like to ask a stupid question.

One thing I've never bothered to check out is how many people can get into one. Can anyone tell me how many people can get in to an Insurgent.

6 for the unarmed and 9 for the armed (4 in the cab, 2 hanging from the sides, 2 in the rear tray and 1 on the gun.)

-snip-

I agree that it's sort of useless but from an in-game point of view it's pretty smart. If the hatch would work, you could just buy the Insurgent and have a friend pop-up from the hatch and use a heavy machine gun....or a rocket launcher. That would make the Pick-Up Insurgent useless, no?

TarnishedGamer

Ahh, the insurgent pickup, was great back in the day but since it was nerfed to get destroyed by one explosion it now collects dust.

-snip-

I agree that it's sort of useless but from an in-game point of view it's pretty smart. If the hatch would work, you could just buy the Insurgent and have a friend pop-up from the hatch and use a heavy machine gun....or a rocket launcher. That would make the Pick-Up Insurgent useless, no?

more or less!

Furry_Monkey

That depends. It can be 5-10 minutes, yes, but it doesn't happen if you stay close enough to the owner.

A friend and I trolled a guy who came after us in his Insurgent. We killed both him and the gunner and then spent quite a long time killing him with it. I love seeing Insurgents on the map now, whichever type. They're pretty much a death trap for everyone inside, unless you've got a smart driver.

Edited by Furry_Monkey

That depends. It can be 5-10 minutes, yes, but it doesn't happen if you stay close enough to the owner.

A friend and I trolled a guy who came after us in his Insurgent. We killed both him and the gunner and then spent quite a long time killing him with it. I love seeing Insurgents on the map now, whichever type. They're pretty much a death trap for everyone inside, unless you've got a smart driver.

If you wisely use "off the radar" and a mugger to pull the driver out, you can totally use their own vehicle against them. The best tip to not get in trouble with the Insurgent (any variant) is to NOT stop. Also, not that great offroad due to RWD so stick to roads.