2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

i'm the only who hates the character damage?

The Dedito Gae

The Dedito Gae

i can take some bruises and cuts when the character gets out of the hospital, they look really great and give a feel of bruised and beaten, but the gunshot wounds look stupid in cutscenes, is something that bothered since the first time, i remember doing "Daddy's little girl" and seeing a bullet hole though Michael's heart..

he was doing his dialogue like nothing, i prefer how it was handled in IV ,they were blood covered, you could rationalize that they were graced by bullets or they were dirty with enemies's blood, is almost as bad as that scarface game for PS2.

thoughts?

Algonquin Assassin

Agreed. This always seems to happen during "Dead Man Walking". It's hard to take Michael seriously when it looks like he's been run over by a bus.

• Like 8

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

Pump Action Pimp

Agreed. This always seems to happen during "Dead Man Walking". It's hard to take Michael seriously when it looks like he's been run over by a bus.

It's ridiculous how bad that looks. Franklin doesn't even comment on his ragged appearance. Hell I've done the cutscene with a bullet straight through his neck.

• Like 2

The Dedito Gae

maybe i wasn't clear, what i truly dislike are the notorious bullet holes on back and chest of characters in cutscenes , i've noticed that ragdolling over things or being involved in car crashes and such, you get new scars on hands and face, is not that bad.

dead man walking makes sense he looks like that, they probably beat Mike a bit ,granted, they should tone down the size of the scars for the next time, some are exagerated.

EDIT: i got confused, thought that MVC was talking about scars and cuts, not bullet holes.

Edited by Midnight Hitman
  • Like 1

Pump Action Pimp

maybe i wasn't clear, what i truly dislike are the notorious bullet holes on back and chest of characters in cutscenes , i've noticed that ragdolling over things or being involved in car crashes and such, you get new scars on hands and face, is not that bad.

dead man walking makes sense he looks like that, they probably beat Mike a bit ,granted, they should tone down the size of the scars for the next time, some are exagerated.

It's impossible not to take one bullet though. So either way, he'll meet Franklin looking like an open tobasco sauce bottle.

• Like 2

oCrapaCreeper

Cut scenes are real time and not pre-rendered, all the game does is switch the camera angle and play animations/ dialog. Of course damage effects can still be seen in them.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

The Dedito Gae

Cut scenes are real time and not pre-rendered, all the game does is switch the camera angle and play animations/ dialog. Of course damage effects can still be seen in them.

no sh*t Sherlock, what i'm saying is hard to take Michael seriously in a dialogue when he has a bloody bullet hole instead of his nipple. Edited by Midnight Hitman
  • Like 3

lastmanonearth

no sh*t Sherlock, what i'm saying is hard to take Michael seriously in a dialogue when he has a bloody bullet hole instead of his nipple.

I don`t think they should get rid of the bullet holes but everyone interacting with the wounded character should go "HOLY f*ckING sh*t! YOU OK MAN! We need to take you to a hospital NOW!!!"

It does look a bit cheesy at times. It is funny though when you have a huge shotgun wound that covers your entire face.

lastmanonearth

Has anyone ever played Dragon Age? Dragon Age 1 in particular, after a battle the characters are red from head to toe, it`s f*cking awesome.

• Like 3

Its not so much the Damage FX that I hate, but the Damage System itself... You got shot in the Chest FFS, You shouldve never even made it to that cutscene.

GTA is a borefest without hardcore mode

• Like 2

daliakiller

Its not so much the Damage FX that I hate, but the Damage System itself... You got shot in the Chest FFS, You shouldve never even made it to that cutscene.

You must be a pro V player, or i must be the worst. One-two stars and i cant even make it across the street without getting my ass heavily kicked. Maybe i am just used to what IV is, regarding character's health and resistence. Agreed with hardcore mode.. Just increase the damage resistance.

OT: Max Payne 3 featured a similar damage system. I remember once to see Max talking to Passos with a bullet hole through the chin!

Edited by daliakiller
  • Like 1

You must be a pro V player, or i must be the worst. One-two stars and i cant even make it across the street without getting my ass heavily kicked. Maybe i am just used to what IV is, regarding character's health and resistence.

1 or 2 stars? Yea you might rank in the Top Worst GTA V players list. but NPCs do have pinpoint aim though, I guess in an attempt to counter the unrealistic amount of damage we can take.

Edited by Hover_Mode

thafablifee46

Yea I agree with op .. I always thought how would they be alive with a bullet hole in the head. they should bring back gta iv blood stained clothing. It looks better imo

lol just lol

wats next, if u die in the game u die in real life ?

CarlitoDorito

I like the brushing and cuts the characters have after coming out the hospital, the way clothes soak up blood too. Michael having a half red face in a cutscene is weird though. It gets extreme if you use infinite health, take loads of bullets then trigger a cutscene. The characters look like they're trying to use blood as camo, or instead of a water balloon fight, they had a blood balloon fight. Very odd.

If only GTA used pre-rendered cutscenes, or the red smudges from IV. Or was real. Or not a game. One of them.

Edited by CarlitoDorito

I feel you, half this forum would cry themselves to sleep because it was too hard. They already cry cos of the cops ffs.

Dr. Robotnik

I hate that blood shows up on the playable characters (though I admit, scars after getting out of the hospital are kind of cool). I always have to spend hours in game time just standing around so the stains can fade and I won't be distracted during the cutscenes, and even then it wouldn't be so bad if it didn't look like it was possible to see straight through the character models.

And yeah, I think I'd like it if the cutscenes were pre-rendered (the drug trip sequence in "Did Somebody Say Yoga?" is pre-rendered, AFAIK, and it looks noticeably more detailed to me), or at least if peds and background traffic despawned so I could focus on the characters talking. Were IV's cutscenes real time?

Alec Skorpio

Yeah, I really hate it. I hated it in Max Payne 3 as well.

It's f*cking ridiculous when someone has a point blank shotgun blast wound and they're acting like nothing has happened in gameplay, let alone in cutscenes.

I liked it better when it was just blood splashes in GTA IV cause I could just imagine it was other peoples blood.

Agree with OP.

I think it'd be funny if halfway through a cut-scene a player with a bunch of wounds keels over from lack of blood and gets taken to the hospital. "Ok, here's the plan...er...*cough*...." *splat* Then you get healed and re-do the cust-scene.

• Like 1

daliakiller

Agree with OP.

I think it'd be funny if halfway through a cut-scene a player with a bunch of wounds keels over from lack of blood and gets taken to the hospital. "Ok, here's the plan...er...*cough*...." *splat* Then you get healed and re-do the cust-scene.

Excelent. Maybe they could add different versions for them saying that need to go for a coffee or "Lets discuss it later, im feeling bad" and triggering another pre rendered cutscene, no big wounds.

AzelfandQuilava

It's way worse Online, where they gain scars from dying which already happens too often thanks to the OP Ai...

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

it's awesome in general....

sometimes it's great when it's subtle... just a few bullet holes into armour... maybe one or two small dots of blood

(see the end scene)

other times it is rather.... blunt hahaha

that said, Dead Man Walking is one of the best missions for it happen... and it looks better with at least a little bit of scaring or blood because Franklin is obviously visually concerned when he sees Michael

I mean, Hang Ten covered in blood... maybe not hahaha but at least a little bit is good. and it's great after Fresh Meat, The Long Stretch, Hood Safari

but yeah there are times it can be a bit much but it's a worthy trade off because more often than not it can be too little because the character damage despawns so fast

and when it' just a little bit, it's often perfect

GTA VI will likely expand this even more just like Sleeping Dogs... and, really, basically ALL action games these days. even most action RPGs like Dragon Age INQ, Witcher 3, etc do this.

yeh i agree, seeing bullet holes when michael is sitting on the couch chilling doesnt go well with the storyline, i suppose you just have to get changed before the start of the mission!

They should clean off the wounds or make them look scarred and not so bloody, like in Max Payne 3.