Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Alexander Blade

Script Hook V

Recommended Posts

subzerolivesgta

Apparently it sucks enough ass to successfully warn me about this BS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrEnigma
16 minutes ago, subzerolivesgta said:

Hello from Austria, i registered to report this i have been modding gta for more than 5 years and this is the first time i have a virus from downloading mods. I have downloaded from the Dev-c official site the latest scripthookv and windows defender reports Trojan:Win32/Cloxer.D!cl

containerfile: F:\Peter Spiele\Mods\GTAV_MODS\Scripts\ScriptHookV_1.0.1604.0.zip

file: F:\Peter Spiele\Mods\GTAV_MODS\Scripts\ScriptHookV_1.0.1604.0.zip->bin/ScriptHookV.dll

Defender successfully removes the threat but then i obviously can use the file. I love gta but have no wish to have my main pc infected. please help!


It's definitely not a trojan, believe me.  You need to either find some way to whitelist that file, or better yet, disable windows defender entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
subzerolivesgta

Let me put it this way, i'm 45 years old been modding for a looong time and not a noob, windows defender sucks yes. but i'm not going to ignore this ''threat'' just because some guy on the internet says it's not. i'm sure most of you got the virus/trojan warning after downloading the latest scripthookv and what's puzzling me is absolutely no one on this site seems to acknowledge  that something isn't right here. Maybe Alexander Blaze should chime in on this since he's the only one qualified to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrEnigma

I know for a fact I've never gotten any warning when downloading ScriptHook V for as long as I've been using it......but hey, suit yourself there lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scottishrazor

Anyone know how to fix the recent mouse steering bug caused by ScripthookV update. I am 100% sure that it is shv. I tested it on a new GTAV base and still can't mouse steer.

 

PLEASE SOMEONE LOOK INTO MOUSE1 FOR SOME REASON OVERRIDING G. It is the weirdest bug I've ever gotten 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
subzerolivesgta

webfile: F:\Peter Spiele\Mods\GTAV_MODS\Scripts\ScriptHookV_1.0.1604.0 (1).zip|http://www.dev-c.com/files/ScriptHookV_1.0.1604.0.zip|pid:19760,ProcessStart:131897820789828847

containerfile: F:\Peter Spiele\Mods\GTAV_MODS\Scripts\ScriptHookV_1.0.1604.0 (1).zip 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTA_May

it's been about a week now when are we going to te a working update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeeC2202
32 minutes ago, GTA_May said:

it's been about a week now when are we going to te a working update?

@GTA_May The update works fine.

 

@subzerolivesgta Just downloaded and checked now. Not sure why it reports 6 items though... bizarre Microsoft.

 

6FB6q2B.jpg

 

Your windows defender is giving you a false positive, which is odd because I use the same anti-virus... albeit the Windows 7 version.

Edited by LeeC2202

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTA_May
11 minutes ago, LeeC2202 said:

The update works fine.

 

@subzerolivesgta Just downloaded and checked now. Not sure why it reports 6 items though... bizarre Microsoft.

 

6FB6q2B.jpg

 

Your windows defender is giving you a false positive, which is odd because I use the same anti-virus.

i replaced dinput8 and scripthook do i need to replace native trainer aswell?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeeC2202
3 minutes ago, GTA_May said:

i replaced dinput8 and scripthook do i need to replace native trainer aswell?

 

Did you copy the new update.rpf into your mods folder? I don't use Native Trainer, so I don't know about that to be honest.

 

Note, you will need to reinstall any mods you had in update.rpf as well, such as custom gameconfigs (make sure you get the new versions for this update), or a modified dlclist.xml file.

Edited by LeeC2202

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTA_May
6 minutes ago, GTA_May said:

i replaced dinput8 and scripthook do i need to replace native trainer aswell?

 

can i do that with openIV?

 

ok it's working now i was installing it wrong i just had to click on the unpack to mods folder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeeC2202
7 minutes ago, GTA_May said:

can i do that with openIV?

 

If your update.rpf files are different, OpenIV will usually tell you that it needs to be updated, like this: I just deliberately copied an old update.rpf into my latest version.

 

4s1DkhN.jpg

 

The gameconfig has to be done through OpenIV though, as does the dlclist.xml file if you have changed it.

Edited by LeeC2202

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTA_May
1 minute ago, LeeC2202 said:

If your update.rpf files are different, OpenIV will usually tell you that it needs to be updated, like this: I just deliberately copied an old update.rpf into my latest version.

 

4s1DkhN.jpg

 

The gameconfig has to be done through OpenIV though, as does the dlclist.xml file if you have changed it.

yes i did change it and it's working now thank you, i'm sorry for being a noob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeeC2202
2 minutes ago, GTA_May said:

yes i did change it and it's working now thank you, i'm sorry for being a noob

All of us are noobs at many things, you don't have to apologise for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
K-ManRacer
7 hours ago, LeeC2202 said:

Did you copy the new update.rpf into your mods folder? I don't use Native Trainer, so I don't know about that to be honest.

 

Note, you will need to reinstall any mods you had in update.rpf as well, such as custom gameconfigs (make sure you get the new versions for this update), or a modified dlclist.xml file.

4

this might be a dumb question but what things do i have to copy into my mods folder, like what

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeeC2202
37 minutes ago, K-ManRacer said:

this might be a dumb question but what things do i have to copy into my mods folder, like what

Read this:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bobwilliamjosephs
12 hours ago, OpenIV Team said:

Try to remove all other asi mods expect openiv.asi

Nevermind, it appears that EnableMPCars.asi is causing the game crashes. Also RDE 3.1.1 is incompatible with the new update. Thanks OpenIV team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cappuccino

My game crashed when i use the 1.0.1604.0 SHV. Everything is fine if i delete the 2 files when launching the game. I cannot use older version either as the launcher detected as unsupported version. Can someone help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeeC2202
1 hour ago, cappuccino said:

My game crashed when i use the 1.0.1604.0 SHV. Everything is fine if i delete the 2 files when launching the game. I cannot use older version either as the launcher detected as unsupported version. Can someone help?

At the very least, you need to read the last 3 pages of this thread, try all the solutions posted and if none of them work, then you need to post a screenshot showing the update.rpf file in your mods folder. You also need to post the ScriptHookV log, (ideally via pastebin) as well.

 

Edit: The screenshot needs to show this information:

yjFBtVb.jpg

Edited by LeeC2202

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cappuccino

I replaced the update.rpf in mods folder and it works! Looks like some of the mods is the main threat. Thanks for the help

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeeC2202
47 minutes ago, cappuccino said:

I replaced the update.rpf in mods folder and it works! Looks like some of the mods is the main threat. Thanks for the help

 

That catches a lot of people out. I usually forget until I run the game and notice it shows the wrong version number, so have to quit and do it... and that's after going through 13 or so updates, I still forget. It's probably the number one cause of crashing after an update, along with a missing custom gameconfig.

 

Any mods installed into update.rpf, have to be reinstalled after every update, into the new update.rpf in the mods folder.

 

But you got it working though, that's the important part. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrEnigma

Thought I'd chime in again just in case anyone was still having trouble spawning the new Arena Wars stuff.

After my game updated and I updated to the latest version of ScriptHook, I found out like many others, that the EnableMP script was broken.  I took that out, then went back in and tried spawning some of the new rides (like the Impaler for example) with the Enhanced Native Trainer and they disappeared after a few seconds unless I had the anti-despawn option checked (under the Vehicle options menu).

I messed around a bit trying other things, but nothing worked until I downloaded the latest version of Menyoo.  I got back on here this morning and saw someone had answered a question I posed in the separate ENT thread - basically saying ENT applies the anti-despawn function automatically.  So just for kicks, I dropped ENT back into my GTA folder and tried it again.  Lo and behold, spawning cars with that actually works. I don't know whether something in the game updated or whether that's because I have Menyoo there in my GTA folder too, but either way, I was able to spawn cars (and the new weapons) and play as normal without having anything disappear or crash.

(Know having both trainers in there isn't the most elegant solution and I'm not sure how stable/reliable that will be after extended play, but it seems to work.  I've also found that using options from both trainers can be somewhat convenient too as far as spawning & saving customized cars & loadouts goes).

**(Don't use any mods/have any in my GTA folder whatsoever)**

Edited by MrEnigma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeeC2202

@MrEnigmaThere was an interesting post on 5Mods by Mafins about the despawning vehicles. https://forums.gta5-mods.com/post/136651

 

I will quote the post for anyone who doesn't use that site.

 

Quote

 

Just do this once at the start of the game in a shvdn script or something if you don't care about the cheats idk

 

var g = new GTA.Global(4266905);
g.SetInt(1);

 

shvdn v3?:

GTA.Native.GlobalVariable g = new GTA.Native.GlobalVariable(4266905);
g.Set<Int32>(1);

With that, you could have a small .cs script that did the despawn disabling for you, so you wouldn't have to use both trainers if you didn't want to do that. It's another option for anyone having the same problem anyway.

 

I shoudl add, I haven't tried that code, so I don't know if it works or not... I use Simple Trainer.

Edited by LeeC2202

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cappuccino

Well this time the game freeze when I pause the game. The map keeps loading with a loading icon and do not give any response. I tried to replace my update.rpf in mods file and remove my mods but the problem still exists. The problem only be solved by removing SHV according to my test. Can someone help me again?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
K-ManRacer

 

so do i delete the update.rpf that is in the mods folder and then copy the new update.rpf from the gta version (the one that doesn't have mods in) and paste in the mods folder

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeeC2202
2 minutes ago, K-ManRacer said:

 

so do i delete the update.rpf that is in the mods folder and then copy the new update.rpf from the gta version (the one that doesn't have mods in) and paste in the mods folder

  

@K-ManRacerYep, that's correct.

 

@cappuccinoThen I am guessing you possibly have some script mods running that you haven't told us about. Just because removing SHV cures the problem, it doesn't mean that SHV is the problem. Many things use SHV, so any of those things could be causing the issue.

 

Your only option is to start with a completely clean, vanilla game, and by that I mean no script mods of any kind, no scripts folder, no mods folder. The only "mod" files in your main game folder should be dinput8.dll, ScriptHookV.dll and OpenIV.asi. If the game runs fine with just those 3 files present, then SHV isn't the problem.

 

Then add your mods folder back and try the game again, if the game still runs fine, the mods folder isn't the problem. And you have installed your cutom gameconfig into the update.rpf in the mods folder?

 

Then you add the rest back bit by bit and test the game after each one. If you get tempted to take a shortcut and just dump whole sections back to save time, you're not going to find the problem.

 

Leave the ScriptHookVDotNet mods until last, because you can add them back one at a time while the game is running. Just copy another of them into the scripts folder, then hit Insert in-game and it will load the newly added mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
K-ManRacer
56 minutes ago, LeeC2202 said:

@K-ManRacerYep, that's correct.

 

@cappuccinoThen I am guessing you possibly have some script mods running that you haven't told us about. Just because removing SHV cures the problem, it doesn't mean that SHV is the problem. Many things use SHV, so any of those things could be causing the issue.

 

Your only option is to start with a completely clean, vanilla game, and by that I mean no script mods of any kind, no scripts folder, no mods folder. The only "mod" files in your main game folder should be dinput8.dll, ScriptHookV.dll and OpenIV.asi. If the game runs fine with just those 3 files present, then SHV isn't the problem.

 

Then add your mods folder back and try the game again, if the game still runs fine, the mods folder isn't the problem. And you have installed your cutom gameconfig into the update.rpf in the mods folder?

 

Then you add the rest back bit by bit and test the game after each one. If you get tempted to take a shortcut and just dump whole sections back to save time, you're not going to find the problem.

 

Leave the ScriptHookVDotNet mods until last, because you can add them back one at a time while the game is running. Just copy another of them into the scripts folder, then hit Insert in-game and it will load the newly added mod.

thank you very much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cappuccino
1 hour ago, LeeC2202 said:

@K-ManRacerYep, that's correct.

 

@cappuccinoThen I am guessing you possibly have some script mods running that you haven't told us about. Just because removing SHV cures the problem, it doesn't mean that SHV is the problem. Many things use SHV, so any of those things could be causing the issue.

 

Your only option is to start with a completely clean, vanilla game, and by that I mean no script mods of any kind, no scripts folder, no mods folder. The only "mod" files in your main game folder should be dinput8.dll, ScriptHookV.dll and OpenIV.asi. If the game runs fine with just those 3 files present, then SHV isn't the problem.

 

Then add your mods folder back and try the game again, if the game still runs fine, the mods folder isn't the problem. And you have installed your cutom gameconfig into the update.rpf in the mods folder?

 

Then you add the rest back bit by bit and test the game after each one. If you get tempted to take a shortcut and just dump whole sections back to save time, you're not going to find the problem.

 

Leave the ScriptHookVDotNet mods until last, because you can add them back one at a time while the game is running. Just copy another of them into the scripts folder, then hit Insert in-game and it will load the newly added mod.

I am going to delete openIV and reinstall everything. It seems work so far. Thanks for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
K-ManRacer

my game still crashes when loading even if i deleted the whole mods folder, so does that mean that is might be from a script folder, 

am i in the same situation as @cappuccino ?

update: i removed my script folded and still crashed,

i mod my game to play lspdfr and only have car mods, environment mods like La road and some similar things, and that's it so what's the fault.

and sorry for asking alot but i dont know what to do 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 3 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.