PortugueseOwnage

PortugueseOwnage

• PC1
  • AMD FX 6-Core @ 4,4 GHz
  • 16 GB DDR3 RAM
  • 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD
  • DVD ReWr
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 OC - 4096MB

• PC2 (same as PC1 but with other graphic card)
  • 16 GB DDR3 RAM
  • 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD
  • DVD ReWr
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 OC - 4096M

• PC3
  • 16 GB DDR3 RAM
  • 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD
  • DVD ReWr
  • 2x ATI Radeon R9 270X - 2x4096MB
  • PC4
  • Intel Core i7-4790K, 4x 4.00GHz | HD 4600
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB
  • 16GB DDR3-1600 (2x 8GB
  • 1TB
  • PC 5
  • Intel Core i5-4460, 4x 3.20GHz | HD 4600
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB
  • 16GB DDR3-1600 (2x 8GB)
  • 1TB

well i know that pc4 is better than 5 but i would like to know if the difference is really so big that it costs 30%more only for having 4x 4.00 ghz instead of 3.2 ( cause the rest is the same )

What about AMD in compair to intel i5's and i7 ? i see the i5 and i7 are all 4x and amd is 6x does that make a big difference ?

I dont know much about rigs and am thinking of buying a pc but dont know exactly what to look for.

Edited by PortugueseOwnage

PortugueseOwnage

well my current laptop has 16 GB of RAM and 2GB graphics 710M, its an i7 has 2.2ghZ up to 3.2ghz with turbo boost ( no freaking idea how i can have those 3.2ghz as on task manager i always see between 1.8 and 2.2)

I can talk about other games, that people with i5 pc's and 2gb of rams played under better conditions than me.. i mean of course u cannot expect a laptop to be as good as a pc but i thought it would be enough to play normal games in normal quality well for warface ( an fps game), i really needed to put the graphics on low otherwise no chance. I dont know how it is with gta 5 as i still wasnt able to play it cause i dont get any support from rockstar / forums etc.

I would just like to know if it makes a big difference if u have a i5 with 3.5ghZ or an i5 with 4.00gHZ the 16GB of ram are needed as i wont change my laptop to for worse than i have now and its mostly only 50€ or so more to have double of RAM ;)

Also, the 970 has 4GB of VRAM, so if you want to max out GTA V, you'll need at least 2GB of GDDR5. The 970 is the best bang for the buck, but the 270x isn't bad either.

youre saying ''youll need at least 2gb of gddr5''

but those graphic cards are GDDR5 arent they ? + it's 4 GB so they should be fine ?

PC4 is the fastest, but PC5 is the best value. Though if you're gonna use it mainly for gaming, 16GBs of RAM is not a necessity at all.

74cXSsx.png

PortugueseOwnage

PC4 is the fastest, but PC5 is the best value. Though if you're gonna use it mainly for gaming, 16GBs of RAM is not a necessity at all.

thx for the answer well what if i want to record for example gta5 ? i mean it's smth like 70 bucks for 16gb of ram and i already have 16gb so i wont change to 8 but what do you say about the difference from 3.2ghz to 4ghz is it really that big ? cause were talking about 30% price difference for it

For gaming it's not worth it IMHO.

If anything, you might consider getting the i5-4590, or i5-4690k if you plan to overclock the CPU (of course you'd need a proper mobo for that).

Edited by yojo2

74cXSsx.png

PortugueseOwnage

"but what do you say about the difference from 3.2ghz to 4ghz is it really that big ? cause were talking about 30% price difference for it "

can someone help me out here ?

and what about 2 graphic cards in 1may that cause problems ?

• 2x ATI Radeon R9 280X OC - 2x3072MB
  • better than the gtx970 / gtx970 OC or not worth it ?
  • and what about the difference gtx970 + gtx970 OC + gtx960 OC big differences ?

"but what do you say about the difference from 3.2ghz to 4ghz is it really that big ? cause were talking about 30% price difference for it "

can someone help me out here ?

yojo already did...

For gaming it's not worth it IMHO.

If anything, you might consider getting the i5-4590, or i5-4690k if you plan to overclock the CPU (of course you'd need a proper mobo for that).

• 2x ATI Radeon R9 280X OC - 2x3072MB
  •  

• better than the gtx970 / gtx970 OC or not worth it ?
Get the 970 seems to be the common opinion I've come across after some Googling.

Two 280X cards is nearly the price of a GTX980. Crossfire is still a fair way behind SLI in terms of decent support for dual-car solutions and you don't end up with twice the VRAM in reality. I'd rather have a £350 single card for anything other than benchmarking than two £175 cards.

Untitled-1.jpg
P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

Intel 6900K @4.3GHz (1.285v) | MSI X99A MPOWER | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3000MHz CL14

Custom Distro Plate | XSPC D5 PWM | Watercool Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 
2x Samsung 860 Evo 500GB | Gigabyte WBAX200 | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

PortugueseOwnage

Two 280X cards is nearly the price of a GTX980. Crossfire is still a fair way behind SLI in terms of decent support for dual-car solutions and you don't end up with twice the VRAM in reality. I'd rather have a £350 single card for anything other than benchmarking than two £175 cards.

yes thx but i've to choose between 2 280x or 1 gtx970 oc so what then ?

Well, any way you look at it GTX970 has more VRAM than a R9-280X, so how is that even relevant?

Edited by yojo2
  • Like 2

74cXSsx.png

Two 280x with crap Crossfire support across pretty much the whole board? No thanks. Xfire 280s might top the odd synthetic benchmark but they're much slower than a 970 in many real world scenarios. Especially at higher resolutions where their lack of VRAM comes into play.

Untitled-1.jpg
P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

Intel 6900K @4.3GHz (1.285v) | MSI X99A MPOWER | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3000MHz CL14

Custom Distro Plate | XSPC D5 PWM | Watercool Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 
2x Samsung 860 Evo 500GB | Gigabyte WBAX200 | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

PortugueseOwnage

http://www.amazon.de/PC24-FX-8350-mit-GTX-GA-990FXA-UD5/dp/B0052X7K6C/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1430574431&sr=1-2

here i think i only need to buy the wlan stick and i have everything so that would be about 1220 €

http://www.hitech-gamer.com/en/Pro-Gamer-PC/GAMING-PC-ECHELON-V8.html

1189€ + all the extras as :

windows around 80€

usb stick around 20€

so that would be around 1280€ too but i would have to buy and install windows by my own :/

http://www.mifcom.de/product/1698/1/102/high-performance-gaming-pc/intel-so.-1150-haswell/pc-system-core-i5-4590---gtx-970.html?config

1288€ total with these extras:

Intel Core i5-4690K, 4x 3.50 GHz | HD 4600 +62€

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB, Palit Jetstream + 20 €

120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 83€

WLAN integriert (PCIe) 300MBit/s + 16 €

USB 3.0 4x extern Controller PCIe + 19€

Windows 8.1, 64 Bit, DE (inkl. A+ UEFI-Installation) + 89 €

what would you guys recommend what should i look for ? I'm conviced that i will buy a gtx 970 graphic card,this is really necessary, for the rest i dont know.. about the processor/ if an SDD is needed/ if the palit jetstream is worth 20€ incl.overcloking done i dont know maybe someone can recommend me a better pc?

as u can see my budget is about 1000-1200€ if it hits the 1200€ then it should really be ready to use ( including windows, wlan stick and all that stuff)

what would you guys recommend what should i look for ?

I'd definitely go for the last one, but are you really sure you can't build it yourself? It would be so much cheaper, looking at the prices on those sites hurt my eyes.

I'm conviced that i will buy a gtx 970 graphic card,this is really necessary

A very good choice.

about the processor

This is a complete jungle, you can read a bit about in the last posts here: http://gtaforums.com/topic/791156-please-help-me-building-a-new-pc/For a gaming PC, most people think Intel and the 4690K is a great CPU. Will you overclock it?

if an SDD is needed

It's not strictly necessary however almost standard equipment in enthusiast PC's these days. They won't help with game performance other than shorter loading times though. Having the operating system on an SSD cuts startup/shutdown times considerably.

if the palit jetstream is worth 20 incl.overcloking done

There are many variants of every graphics card. It's up to everyone's personal preferences really. I personally really like ASUS for example and have never had a problem with them or their products.

i dont know maybe someone can recommend me a better pc?

as u can see my budget is about 1000-1200 if it hits the 1200 then it should really be ready to use ( including windows, wlan stick and all that stuff)

1000 - 1200 would get you a beast computer if you built it yourself.

PortugueseOwnage

what would you guys recommend what should i look for ?

I'd definitely go for the last one, but are you really sure you can't build it yourself? It would be so much cheaper, looking at the prices on those sites hurt my eyes.

nope i cannot build it myself and actually when i saw those prices i thought i cannot find cheaper ones cause if i go to a pc store here in zurich i wont get a computer with gtx970 under 2k :(

about the processor

This is a complete jungle, you can read a bit about in the last posts here: http://gtaforums.com/topic/791156-please-help-me-building-a-new-pc/For a gaming PC, most people think Intel and the 4690K is a great CPU. Will you overclock it?

well as u see im a completly noob in this area but the pc from hitechgamer pcs are dlivered overclocked so i dont have to do anything.. i just find it interesting that the i5's are much more expensive that the ones from AMD with more cores...

if an SDD is needed

It's not strictly necessary however almost standard equipment in enthusiast PC's these days. They won't help with game performance other than shorter loading times though. Having the operating system on an SSD cuts startup/shutdown times considerably.

thx for the info well then its not necesarryfor 80€ i can do other stuff

if the palit jetstream is worth 20 incl.overcloking done

There are many variants of every graphics card. It's up to everyone's personal preferences really. I personally really like ASUS for example and have never had a problem with them or their products.

i dont know maybe someone can recommend me a better pc?

as u can see my budget is about 1000-1200 if it hits the 1200 then it should really be ready to use ( including windows, wlan stick and all that stuff)

1000 - 1200 would get you a beast computer if you built it yourself.

thx for your help man !

just realized that there are cheaper pc's http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883102051for about the same price this oneeven has a gtx980 damn... to bad there is no delivery to switzerland. but from what i googled, the difference of gtx980 to gtx970 isn't too big unlike 960 and 970

maybe someone can recommend me a website with similar prices that delivers to the expensive zurich^^

PortugueseOwnage

what about the processors ? I think intel is the better choice and i only looked for it instead of amd but how big is the difference between ithe following ones

• Intel Core i5-4590, 4x 3.30GHz | HD 4600 - Refresh [Details]
  • Intel Core i5-4460, 4x 3.20GHz | HD 4600 - Refresh
    [Details]- 14,00 €
  • Intel Core i5-4690, 4x 3.50GHz | HD 4600 - Refresh [Details]+ 29,00 €
  • Intel Core i5-4690K, 4x 3.50 GHz | HD 4600 (Details beachten!)
    [Details]+ 62,00 €
  • Intel Core i7-4790, 4x 3.60GHz | HD 4600 (Details beachten!)
    [Details]+ 136,00 €
  • Intel Core i7-4790K, 4x 4.00GHz | HD 4600 (Details beachten)
    [Details]+ 196,00 €

Is the i5 4690 enough with a gtx970 or is it worth it to invest more in the processor ?

What about this case: I have to choose between the following ones:

Intel Core i5-4690K 4x 3.50 GHz 88W + GTX980 vs Intel Core i7-4790K 4x 4.00 GHz 88W + GTX 970

The rest is pretty much exactly the same. Whats worth it, invest in the processor or in the graphic card ?
i think the processor would be better but i dont know how much the difference really is.. i saw that the power difference from the graphic cards gtx 750ti/ 970gtx / 980gtx is nearly none existing.

IMHO the i5-4590 is the way to go, definitely the best value of all of these CPUs. i5-4690k might also be worth considering, but only if you're going to overclock the CPU.

GTX980 will make a bigger impact on performance than i7. To be honest though, I wouldn't go for either; both GTX980 and i7 are overpriced IMHO.

74cXSsx.png

PortugueseOwnage

IMHO the i5-4590 is the way to go, definitely the best value of all of these CPUs. i5-4690k might also be worth considering, but only if you're going to overclock the CPU.

GTX980 will make a bigger impact on performance than i7. To be honest though, I wouldn't go for either; both GTX980 and i7 are overpriced IMHO.

u mean the i5-4590 is the best in comparison of the price / perfomance ?

well on the pc set up i cannot go below i54690. So the difference is not so big between the processors not even if i take i7 ?

What about overclocking the graphic cards from what i read its possible? they are benchmarked with gtx970 OC for example its possible with all models or only for some of them ?

Yeah, i5-4590 has the best price/performance ratio.

In most games, i5 and i7 are basically the same.

Pretty much every graphics card can be overclocked.

74cXSsx.png

It doesn't at all, no where near. Give us the links to those videos.