Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,285 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Thelema93

GTA V Chronological mission list (possible trinity V version)

rjmthe2nd

Inb4rockstarsaysbuysharkcardstofindouttherealchronologicalorderofgtav.

Money Over Bullshit

These lists are looking good. It's gotten me even more curious though and I have a question.. do people think that GTA Online has a set timeline? If so I definitely don't think the updates have been released in chronological order. If we play it from scratch and go by rank then the latest update is one of the first one's to happen in the timeline with the missions being available to players after reaching rank 5. The missions also seem pretty small time compared to some of the other jobs and are definitely more nickle and dime-ish than the heist missions (the only other full scale mission pack released to date by Rockstar). So is the intention that the various contact missions build up some kind of a loose narrative about your character's rise to power or am I just thinking too much into it??

BlackSnow176

It's an old thread, but it's amazing how you guys took the time to make such lists. I think this topic should be pinned :catloaf:

Edited by BlackSnow176

cp1dell

These lists are looking good. It's gotten me even more curious though and I have a question.. do people think that GTA Online has a set timeline? If so I definitely don't think the updates have been released in chronological order. If we play it from scratch and go by rank then the latest update is one of the first one's to happen in the timeline with the missions being available to players after reaching rank 5. The missions also seem pretty small time compared to some of the other jobs and are definitely more nickle and dime-ish than the heist missions (the only other full scale mission pack released to date by Rockstar). So is the intention that the various contact missions build up some kind of a loose narrative about your character's rise to power or am I just thinking too much into it??

GTAO is definitely supposed to have some sort of loose "canon" to it, but it's hard to place. I mean it does provide a tiny bit of backstory for characters like Lamar, and Madrazo since some of their contact missions are referenced in the SP Story. Apparently it takes place a few months before the Story. I haven't touched it in a long time, but apparently some people now are thinking certain updates and their missions take place after the SP Story?

Also, do you have any plans (or already) have your own mission list? Obviously it's not as complicated as IV, TLAD, and TBoGT, but you definitely served as an inspiration for this topic. I would imagine you would put more thought into it than I did, like how ron was using the online news reports, text messages, LifeInvader posts etc. when he first started putting his together.

Money Over Bullshit

GTAO is definitely supposed to have some sort of loose "canon" to it, but it's hard to place. I mean it does provide a tiny bit of backstory for characters like Lamar, and Madrazo since some of their contact missions are referenced in the SP Story. Apparently it takes place a few months before the Story. I haven't touched it in a long time, but apparently some people now are thinking certain updates and their missions take place after the SP Story?

Also, do you have any plans (or already) have your own mission list? Obviously it's not as complicated as IV, TLAD, and TBoGT, but you definitely served as an inspiration for this topic. I would imagine you would put more thought into it than I did, like how ron was using the online news reports, text messages, LifeInvader posts etc. when he first started putting his together.

I haven't touched single player in a long time so unfortunately I wouldn't have much insight I could offer. The order of GTAO missions (by rank unlock) goes like this:

Rank 0 (Introduction)

Mall or Nothing (Meeting Lamar)

Learning The Ropes (Meeting Gerald)

Hold Up (Lamar)

Los Santos Customs (Simeon)

Rank 5

Rich Men In Richman (Simeon)

It Takes A Thief (Simeon)

Rockford Roll (Simeon)

Chasers (Simeon)

Where Credit’s Due (Simeon)

Ballas To The Wall (Lamar)

==Lowriders==

Community Outreach (Lamar)

Slow and Low (Lamar)

It's a G Thing (Lamar)

Funeral Party (Lamar)

Lowrider Envy (Lamar)

Point and Shoot (Lamar)

Desperate Times Call For... (Lamar)

Peace Offering (Lamar)

Rank 6

Flood In The LS River (Gerald)

Death Metal (Gerald)

Pier Pressure (Gerald)

Deal Breaker (Gerald)

Rank 7

Meth’d Up (Gerald)

Rank 8

No Hay Bronca (Gerald)

Rank 10

Welcome To Paradise (Meeting Lester)

El Burro Heists (Simeon)

Gentry Does It (Simeon)

All In The Game (Simeon)

Hit ‘Em Up (Gerald)

Rank 12

Gassed Up (Gerald)

Blow Up (Simeon)

GTA Today (Simeon)

==Heists==

The Fleeca Job

Prison Break

Humane Raid

Series A

Pacific Standard

Rank 13

Romance Isn’t Dead (Meeting Trevor & Ron)

Rank 14

Denial of Service (Lester)

Rank 15

Violent Duct (Gerald)

Rank 16

San Andreas Seoul (Lamar)

Chasers II (Simeon)

Master Data (Lester)

Rank 18

Call from Madrazo

Ticket To Elysium (Lamar)

On the List (Martin)

Rank 19

Cop’s Capacity (Lester)

Hard Labor (Gerald)

Artificial Scarcity (Martin)

Dirt Road (Trevor)

Rank 20

Lost My Mind (Trevor)

Fuelling The Flames (Ron)

Going Down The GOH (Lamar)

Caught Napping (Lamar)

Blow Up II (Simeon)

Crime Scenester (Lester)

Handle with Care (Martin)

Time to Get Away (Martin)

Rank 21

Pickup Sticks (Martin)

Rank 22

Out Of Court Settlement (Martin)

Landing Strip (Lester)

Rank 23

Death From Above (Martin)

Rank 24

A Titan Of A Job (Lester)

Rank 25

Daemon Run (Ron)

Turbine Carbine (Ron)

High Priority Case (Lester)

Last Chopper Out Of LS (Lester)

Lost MC RIP (Lamar)

ATV Steal (Simeon)

Coasting (Martin)*

Pot Shot (Trevor)*

Rank 27

Base Invaders (Ron)

Rank 28

Crystal Clear Out (Trevor)

Crystal Clear Out II (Trevor)**

Rank 30

Crank Up The Volume (Ron)

Quarry Quarry (Lester)

By Land, Sea And Air (Lester)

No Smoking (Lamar)***

War And Pieces (Gerald)

Rank 31

Blow Up III (Simeon)***

Rank 35

Check Out Time (Martin)

Chumash And Grab (Gerald)

Rank 36

Coveted (Martin)*

Rank 40

A Boat In The Bay (Ron)

Teaser Trailer (Lester)

The Los Santos Connection (Martin)

Stick Up The Stickup Crew (Martin)

Grab Your Ballas (Martin)

Water The Vineyard (Martin)

Crystal Clear Out III (Trevor)*

Rank 43

Chop Chop (Trevor)

Rank 44

Effin’ Lazers (Martin)

Rank 45

Dish the Dirt (Gerald)***

Four Trailers (Lester)

Editor and Thief (Martin)

Mixed Up With Coke (Martin)

Dry Docking (Martin)

Cleaning the Cat House (Martin)

Rank 50

Out Of Harmony (Trevor)

Extradition (Martin)

Holed Up – Burton (Martin)

Rank 55

Landing Gear (Ron)

Wet Work (Ron)

Bust Out (Lester)

Sinking Feeling (Lester)

The Parking Garage (Lester)

Show Me The Monet (Martin)

Rank 60

Satellite Communications (Trevor)

Hack And Dash (Lester)

Rank 65

Method In The Madness (Trevor)

American Exports (Lester)

On Maneuvers (Lester)

Chemical Extraction (Lester)

Judging The Jury (Martin)

Rank 70

Diamonds Are For Trevor (Trevor)

Chopper Tail (Trevor)***

Docks To Stock (Lester)

Stocks And Scares (Lester)

Defender (Martin)

Rank 75

Docks To Stock II (Lester)***

Rooftop Rumble (Martin)

Rank 81

Trash Talk (Martin)****

"*" indicates free mode co-op missions that are implied to be given by the person listed

"**" this mission is unlocked at rank 16 but this is clearly a discrepancy since it has to be proceeded by Crystal Clear Out otherwise their numbers would be reversed

"***" indicates the last mission for the respective employer

"****" is currently the last mission unlocked in Online

I know for sure that Meth'd Up is linked to Romance isn't dead but I can't recall any other direct links between missions other than those in the Heists and Lowriders packs. The closest I can come to making another connection is that the Heist group "Series A" must also take place after Romance Isn't Dead despite it being available from Rank 12 rather than 13 or 14. I would say logically though it would take place after Diamonds Are For Trevor and Chopper Tail which are the two final missions given by Trevor from his trailer. I'm not sure about jobs taking place after the main story but I think Series A would logically take place after the mission Friends Reunited in the single player campaign since it involves Trevor visiting the players high end apartment which can only be located in Los Santos which is suggested to be somewhere he has never been before that mission.

Edited by Money Over Bullshit

Cheatz/Trickz

Online contradicts things, Trevor going to LS for example. It's referenced in the story but those are more self referential nods than actual continuity. The heists and mission cutscenes are really all just little 4th wall breaks presented cinematically.

Money Over Bullshit

Online contradicts things, Trevor going to LS for example. It's referenced in the story but those are more self referential nods than actual continuity. The heists and mission cutscenes are really all just little 4th wall breaks presented cinematically.

That may be the case since I presume that the Online story was made some time after the single player campaign. Rockstar's attention to detail has never been great but there are a few little hints which suggest that the missions are supposed to form some kind of structured narrative therefore I'd say Trevor appearing in Los Santos is more of an oversight than anything else. The missions in the Lowriders update seem to fit in perfectly at the point where they become available too.

LibertyViceSantos

I was reading the front page and I thought of this with the "Getaway Driver"

It should be Michael who finds Packie, but after "Marriage Counseling" and before (obviously) "Casing the Jewel Store" It doesn't make any sense (to me) if Frank picks up Packie because Michael always (Exception of Chef) mentions new characters and Frank isn't planning the job at Vangelico's.

Mysterious hero

Im still working on the list and I think I have a few ideas.

Three's A Company​ -​ W​eekday Noon/Early Afternoon

Steve and Dave look like their on break. That's really the only reason I have.

B​y the Book - Weekend Evening/Night

A​​t the end of the mission, Steve mentions that he's going to a racquetball game, instead of going to work, implying he's off work. The party also supports this since parties are usually held at night during the weekends. Michael calls Devin " The weekend interrogator" during Blitz Play.

T​he Third Way - 5 to 6 AM

T​he mission ends during the evening, so I think it's best it start at the morning.

Scouting the Port - Weekday

We can assume Floyd works a Mon to Fri day job. Also the time automatically starts at 6 AM.

Hang Ten - Weekday Morning

Floyd is seen heading off to work before Trevor stopped him. Unlike Scouting The Port, it doesn't have the time set.

Minor Turbulence ​- Morning

I​​​n the intro, Trevor is seen sleeping and Michael looked like he just woke up. There is other things that indicate it's morning such as Trevor making coffee, Michael urinating, and Trevor asking " how's the business" to Ron, suggesting this immediately takes place after Caida Libre. This can take place any day of the week.

DavidBardock

Does OFFSHORE method actually break the story? I mean in dialogue sense?

LibertyViceSantos

Does OFFSHORE method actually break the story? I mean in dialogue sense?

Not really it's more alternative dialogue, including if Micheal went through flight school. Trevor mentions taking over the Sandy Shores Airfield from The Lost, which Michael laughs went Trevor is serious about.

i prefer the Freighter method as I believe it is more canon as there is a news report for that method, Offshore doesn't have one for it or even any events surrounding it..

cp1dell

Doing a playthrough and I got the optional phone call for Franklin and Lamar after completing "Friends Reunited." In it Lamar will ask Franklin where he went "those few weeks," while he was lying low. This implies that canonically Chapter 2 (Mr Phillips through Friends Reunited) takes place over the course of at least two weeks maybe.

DERGaming

Doing a playthrough and I got the optional phone call for Franklin and Lamar after completing "Friends Reunited." In it Lamar will ask Franklin where he went "those few weeks," while he was lying low. This implies that canonically Chapter 2 (Mr Phillips through Friends Reunited) takes place over the course of at least two weeks maybe.

I can believe that Trevor has too much time not mourning Johnny

Edited by DERGaming

cp1dell

Doing a replay of GTA V, and I want to change placement of "Deep Inside."

Should come before Minor Turbulence. It becomes available before the latter mentioned mission, and there's also a phone call from Jimmy that's only available if you do it then, where Jimmy mentions Michael hasn't been home, and that Madrazo's men are hanging around there too.

Makes me wonder what else about my order should be changed since there are some other optional phone calls I have not been able to get, possibly because the placement of certain missions. I don't know when, but someday when I do another playthrough I'm going to keep a very close eye on what order the missions appear.

A.C.M.

interesting, i got the order "correctly" from first playthrough, i guess i snoop around more and the fact i like to play as franklin more!

Edited by ACM-Jan

Dr. Robotnik

Anyone got anything on how the Strangers and Freaks fit in?

cp1dell

It's been a while, but I was just thinking about this thread again. It's been a while since I played through this. Has anybody made any changes to my order, or came up with possible better ones?

I was thinking about the optional phone calls, and how when I played through my order some of them were missing. Made me think there might be a better order to play the missions, one where you don't lose out on optional phone calls.

D9fred95
Posted (edited)

I did Exercising Demons - Michael after Daddy's Little Girl since Michael would be near the beach anyway. Also I do Pulling Favors right when it becomes available rather than waiting like most suggest. I presume it's Tonya's comment about Franklin not being around the hood much which throws people for a loop. Franklin says to Simeon he's been working at Premium Motorsport for a few months and it's not like Franklin has made it a secret he wants out of the hood, so It's likely he's just been ditching the gang stuff in favor of repo work and not because Franklin's been hanging with Michael.

Phone calls seem to be hit and miss, some work whereas others never do. Though I noticed if you save after a mission with a post-mission phone call, don't make the call and reload the game, the phone call won't register when you load in. So if you want all phone calls, reloading a save will prevent you from getting them if you didn't call beforehand.

Edited by D9fred95

Shinola Gamer

I did Exercising Demons - Michael after Daddy's Little Girl since Michael would be near the beach anyway. Also I do Pulling Favors right when it becomes available rather than waiting like most suggest. I presume it's Tonya's comment about Franklin not being around the hood much which throws people for a loop. Franklin says to Simeon he's been working at Premium Motorsport for a few months and it's not like Franklin has made it a secret he wants out of the hood, so It's likely he's just been ditching the gang stuff in favor of repo work and not because Franklin's been hanging with Michael.

Phone calls seem to be hit and miss, some work whereas others never do. Though I noticed if you save after a mission with a post-mission phone call, don't make the call and reload the game, the phone call won't register when you load in. So if you want all phone calls, reloading a save will prevent you from getting them if you didn't call beforehand.

I did Exercising Demons - Michael after Exercising Demons - Trevor, why because in her life invader page she mentions that she went to the Vinewood sing with her boyfriend and in Exercising Demons - Trevor theres a scene similar to that, ohh btw I started right after Reuniting the family...

Dr. Robotnik

I did Exercising Demons - Michael after Exercising Demons - Trevor, why because in her life invader page she mentions that she went to the Vinewood sing with her boyfriend and in Exercising Demons - Trevor theres a scene similar to that, ohh btw I started right after Reuniting the family...

I didn't know it was possible to do the Exercising Demons missions in any order than Michael, Franklin, and Trevor.

Shinola Gamer

I didn't know it was possible to do the Exercising Demons missions in any order than Michael, Franklin, and Trevor.

Yes it is possible and personally I start with Trevor then Michael and for last Franklin.