Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,006 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Thelema93

GTA V Chronological mission list (possible trinity V version)

Hugo_Agante

So what's the best chronological order until now? And where does the Epsilon missions fit in?

cp1dell

Well the one roe just posted is kind of the first edition of his "Part 1" order that is on the first page. The only difference is that he didn't include a couple of random events and such, and that he fixed the ordering of some of the missions considering Marriage Counseling isn't available until you complete Pulling Favors.

No one has decided where the Epsilon missions would fit in the main story, if they even do at all. The thing about them is that they can be completed any time by Michael. Timeline-wise, they take a couple of weeks. My best guess is that they would take place some time after Michael's family leaves him, and when he has free time in-between whatever is going on at that point in the story.

If there is any in-game news about Epsilon that pops up on the radio or internet, it would help placing the missions since it would make sense that they take place a bit after the main story's last news bulletin that mentions Epsilon, since Michael screwing over and killing a bunch of them would be the last news-worthy thing that is mentioned in the in-game media - you know what I mean?

Hugo_Agante

Oh right, I wanted one with the S&F and possibly story-impact random events such as Getaway Driver or that crash in the highway for Taliana Martinez.

Yeah since I always make S&F and random events whenever they are available, I never knew Marriage Counseling only unlocked after Tonya's first mission. Another thing changed from PS3 to PC is The Long Stretch mission; now it's only available after "Daddy's Little Girl" I think and on the PS3 it was right after "Chop".

And yeah, last time I made the Epsilon after "Did Someone Say Yoga?". After all, it makes sense Michael wants to find a meaning to his life after his family leaves, but in the other hand, he just got in touch with Dave again and has "Three's Company" to do. I don't think Michael would put Epsilon first and only then the FIB.

The first news about Epsilon appear on the radio right in the first Franklin mission when the cops are chasing you after you repo'ed the car and it says Cris Formage wants Epsilon to be a religion or something like that, now I don't remember exactly.

Yes, I know what you mean but I think Epsilon should be done before "The Big Score" as the news of the main Heist are more important in my opinion.

Thelema93

I'm thinking about putting the epsilon missions depending on where Michael is in the story.

So I'll do the first few in LS around the time his family leaves because he wants to find a new purpose in his life. Then I'll do the ones in sandy shores/ grand señora desert while He's in exile because I think it's weird for Michael to venture out there before exile because he mentions to trevor he's never been there.

Then I'll do the other ones in LS when he returns from exile.

Hugo_Agante

I'm thinking about putting the epsilon missions depending on where Michael is in the story.

So I'll do the first few in LS around the time his family leaves because he wants to find a new purpose in his life. Then I'll do the ones in sandy shores/ grand señora desert while He's in exile because I think it's weird for Michael to venture out there before exile because he mentions to trevor he's never been there.

Yeah, that makes the best sense! I hadn't even thought about Michael mentioning to Trevor, as he in fact does, that he never was in Sandy Shores.

And the 2nd Paparazzo/Beverly mission must be done in the week after the first mission because Beverly says "come by the Manor next week".

thc_404

Yeah, that makes the best sense! I hadn't even thought about Michael mentioning to Trevor, as he in fact does, that he never was in Sandy Shores.

And the 2nd Paparazzo/Beverly mission must be done in the week after the first mission because Beverly says "come by the Manor next week".

And when you meet him again, he says "nice work the other day"; Implying those two missions are just a day apart?

Thelema93

I also changed the border patrol missions to take place during exile. because at the end of the paleto score trevor mentions to agent Sanchez that there's someone looking around these trains for illegals and if he's mistaken he'll shot. It's obvious he's talking about the civil border patrol. So I put the first two border patrol missions to take place before the paleto score and the third and final one after the paleto score.

nWo_Y2J_2015
According to this page, the missions in chronological order are like this...

Prologue

Franklin and Lamar

Repossession

Complications

Chop

Father/Son

Marriage Counseling

Daddy's Little Girl

Friend Request

The Long Stretch

Casing the Jewel Store

Carbine Rifles

The Jewel Store Job (Loud Approach)

Bugstars Equipment

BZ Gas Grenades

The Jewel Store Job (Smart Approach)

Mr. Philips

Trevor Philips Industries

Nervous Ron

Crystal Maze

Friends Reunited

Fame Or Shame

Dead Man Walking

Three's Company

By The Book

Hood Safari

Did Someone Say Yoga?

Scouting The Port

Minisub

The Merryweather Heist (Freighter)

Cargobob

The Merryweather Heist (Off-Shore)

Blitz Play: Intro

Getaway Vehicle

Trash Truck

Boiler Suits

Masks

Tow Truck

Blitz Play

I Fought The Law

Eye In The Sky

Mr. Richards

Caida Libre

Deep Inside

Minor Turbulence

Paleto Score Setup

Predator

Military Hardware

The Paleto Score

Derailed

Monkey Business

Hang Ten

Surveying The Score

Bury The Hatchet

Pack Man

Fresh Meat

The Ballad of Rocco

Cleaning Out The Bureau

Architect's Plans

Getaway Vehicle

Fire Truck

The Bureau Raid (Fire Crew)

The Bureau Raid (Roof Entry)

The Wrap Up

Reuniting The Family

Doting Dad

Legal Trouble

Lamar Down

Meltdown

Parenting 101

Planning The Big Score

Stingers

Gauntlet (1-3)

The Big Score (Subtle Approach)

Getaway Vehicle

Sidetracked

Driller

The Big Score (Obvious Approach)

Something Sensible

The Time's Come

The Third Way

Just need someone to put where the Strangers & Freaks fit in, as well as Random Events and optional missions (Dr. Friedlander's Therapy Sessions etc.). Also anything else that'd be important.

thc_404

^It doesn't make sense to do daddy's girl before Casing the jewelry store, as per the text you get from Lester.

nWo_Y2J_2015

^It doesn't make sense to do daddy's girl before Casing the jewelry store, as per the text you get from Lester.

What's the text say? I don't remember. On the GTA wiki, it says Daddy's Little Girl unlocks Casing the Jewel Store if Friend Request has been completed.

Edited by nWo_Y2J_2015

thc_404

What's the text say? I don't remember. On the GTA wiki, it says Daddy's Little Girl unlocks Casing the Jewel Store if Friend Request has been completed.

The text says to spend the remaining time with your family. Kinda hard to do if you don't have any more missions to complete with/for them... :p

roe

I don't think you get sent that text if you do the missions in a different order. The game is quite good at using different dialogues depending on the order you choose to progress.

That's why ultimately this is an impossible task imo but it's still interesting to hear people's thoughts and see some kind of timeline for it all.

Hugo_Agante

And when you meet him again, he says "nice work the other day"; Implying those two missions are just a day apart?

Yeah but if you notice, characters use "the other day" many times in the game.

And using that expression is to refer a day that's not yesterday. If it was only one day apart, Beverly would say yesterday, but this is just my opinion :p

Let's see what Thelema93 decides.

I also changed the border patrol missions to take place during exile. because at the end of the paleto score trevor mentions to agent Sanchez that there's someone looking around these trains for illegals and if he's mistaken he'll shot. It's obvious he's talking about the civil border patrol. So I put the first two border patrol missions to take place before the paleto score and the third and final one after the paleto score.

Yeah, that makes sense :)

I don't think you get sent that text if you do the missions in a different order. The game is quite good at using different dialogues depending on the order you choose to progress.

That's why ultimately this is an impossible task imo but it's still interesting to hear people's thoughts and see some kind of timeline for it all.

That's true roe, but it's still possible to make a decent timeline and have a "canonical" order for the missions!

You and Thelema should join forces by the way :p

Edited by Hugo_Agante

nWo_Y2J_2015

The text says to spend the remaining time with your family. Kinda hard to do if you don't have any more missions to complete with/for them... :p

So you're saying it should be Friend Request, Casing the Jewel Store then Daddy's Little Girl?

thc_404

So you're saying it should be Friend Request, Casing the Jewel Store then Daddy's Little Girl?

Pretty much. But as said above, if the text doesn't show after completing daddy's girl, then it doesn't really matter, does it? :p

nWo_Y2J_2015

Pretty much. But as said above, if the text doesn't show after completing daddy's girl, then it doesn't really matter, does it? :p

It doesn't matter, but from what I remember of Casing the Jewel Store, afterwards Lester sent me a text saying he'll send details of the set-up(s) and Michael calls Franklin. Then, the set-up(s) appear on map just seconds later. Also, where Michael ends up after Daddy's Little Girl wouldn't make sense IMO since the set-up(s) are on the other side of Los Santos. I'm not 100% sure, since it's been a month or two since I completed the game last.

thc_404

It doesn't matter, but from what I remember of Casing the Jewel Store, afterwards Lester sent me a text saying he'll send details of the set-up(s) and Michael calls Franklin. Then, the set-up(s) appear on map just seconds later. Also, where Michael ends up after Daddy's Little Girl wouldn't make sense IMO since the set-up(s) are on the other side of Los Santos. I'm not 100% sure, since it's been a month or two since I completed the game last.

I just know about the text because I happened to have started over recently, just thought I'd throw it out there in case it would/could be relevant. :p

nWo_Y2J_2015

I just know about the text because I happened to have started over recently, just thought I'd throw it out there in case it would/could be relevant. :p

Oh ok, well hopefully someone comes up with something soon. I want to start over, but in chronological order to get the most out of it.

thc_404

Oh ok, well hopefully someone comes up with something soon. I want to start over, but in chronological order to get the most out of it.

OP's post seems pretty spot on...

nWo_Y2J_2015

But it's unfinished. :cry:

thc_404

I think by the time you're where he is, it'll be finished. :p

gtaguy95

But it's unfinished. :cry:

Don't mind me, just making the quote chain longer :p

Hugo_Agante

In this topic I will be attempting to create a "canonical" mission ordering for gta v, so it can be played in a way that gives the story better pacing and it makes the most sense. This topic was inspired by money over bullsh*ts topic in the IV section " the possible trinity" http://gtaforums.com/topic/430301-the-possible-trinity/

obviously it won't be as vast as that list as V's story is more linear but we can still try.

anyway here is the list, I cut it up into parts so it's more spread out. You'll notice that in some parts I will explain the reasoning for the order

Here it is.

Part 1

Prologue

repossession

Pulling favours

Chop

Shift work( s&f)

Complications

father/son

Long stretch

Marriage counselling

Chaos ( therapy)

Friend request

Reasoning for order

I decided to put friend request straight after marriage counselling because I doubt that after michael pulls the house down and gets threatened by madrazo he would go straight home, sit down and watch a movie then go cycling with jimmy, it's more likely he would want to meet lester right away and get the heist prep work underway so he can get the money back to madrazo.

Pulling another favour

Good husband

Pulling favours again

Simeon random event- franklin

getaway driver( random event) franklin

casing the jewel store

Daddy's little girl

Reasoning for order

I put daddy's little girl after casing the jewel store because I think that michael would relax at home and spend some time with his family while lester locates the heist equipment.

Still pulling favours

Pulling one last favour

Bugstars equipment

BZ gas

Jewel store job

Part 2-

Mr phillips

Trevor Philips industries

Rampage 1

Nervous Ron

Weed farm( random event)

Mackenzie airfield purchase

Arms trafficking air 1( propety mission)

Arms trafficking air 2 (property mission)

Arms trafficking air 3 ( propety mission)

Arms trafficking air 4 ( propety mission)

crystal maze

Friends reunited

I put mr phillips and trevor phillips industries back to back and preferably on the same day because I don't think trevor would want to keep his Chinese contact waiting. And while Trevor's meeting with the triads the bikers randsack his trailer.

I put weed farm raid straight after nervous ron because I think trevor would raid the farm to get the funds to purchase the Mackenzie airfield then do some smuggling missions before triggering crystal maze.

Part 3

Fame or shame

Dead man walking

Evil ( therapy session)

threes a crowd

by the book

scouting the port

Reasoning for order

I put dead man walking, threes a company and by the book all back to back to focus on that story arc. Michael has also been away from home a lot during that time. Then I'll do scouting the port after by the book because at the warehouse where you torture mr k you can see the port of Los santos in the background. So I imagine that on the way to the warehouse trevor saw the port and maybe thought it was worth scouting for something to steal. So after dropping mr k at the airport he goes back to the port to investigate but realises only dockworkers are permitted to enter. Then he hears that floyd works at the docks and decides to pose as a dock worker to scout the place. it dosen't really make sense if you do scouting the port before by the book because how would trevor know about the port?. You could of course go around that area in free roam but I think it's better for story reasons for trevor to do by the book first, see the port in the background of the warehouse then decide to go scouting.

Mini sub

Merryweather heist

Did somebody say yoga

Hood safari

Rampage 2

Rampage 3

Hotel assaination

Seeking the truth( episilon mission)

Accepting the truth( episilon mission)

Assuming the truth ( epsilon mission)

Chasing the truth ( epsilon mission)

Bearing the truth ( epsilon mission)

Reasoning for order

I put did somebody say yoga after merry weather heist because during the cutscence of somebody say yoga Amanda says "ever since you pyscotic best pal has turned up you've turned into an even bigger asshole" I think Amanda would say that because michael has been away from home a lot comminting crimes with trevor.

then I put hood safari after MW heist because during the intro cutscence of the MW heist trevor is kind of rude to F and treats him like sh*t like he's a stranger but if you've done hood safari before MW heist then T and F have already been acquainted and it dosen't make sense that trevor would talk to him like a stranger.

then Put hotel assasanation after hood safari because if you do it the other way around it dosen't make sense. Why would F go to his aunts to rest when he has a big ass mansion in vinewood hills and why would chop be there?

blitz play intro

masks

Boiler suits

getaway vehicle

trash truck

Tow truck

blitz play heist

I fought the law

eye in the sky

Mr Richards

Caida libre

Part 3-

minor turbalance

Arms trafficking air 5 ( property mission)

paleto score setup

Predator

Delivering the truth ( episilon mission)

Civil border patrol ( S&F)

Exercising the truth ( epsilon missions)

Special bonds

Bounty 1

Minute men ( S&F)

Bounty 2

Bounty 3

Bounty 4

target practice ( S&F)

Arms trafficking ground 1( propety mission)

Hitch lift to artuist cult

crash rescue( random event)-michael

Arms trafficking ground 2 ( propety mission)

Arms trafficking ground 3 ( propety mission)

fair game ( S&F)

paparazzi( S&F)

deal gone wrong( random event) -trevor

Arms trafficking ground 4 ( propety mission)

paparazzi sex tape

paparazzi meltdown

Paparazzi highness

paparazzi realty check

Arms trafficking ground 5 ( propety mission)

military hardware-trevor

paleto score

Minute man blues (S&F)

derailed

Monkey business

Part 4

hang ten

Rampage 5

deep inside

surveying the score

Bury the hatchet

Pack man

fresh meat

f*cked up( therapy session)

Unknowing the truth ( epsilon mission)

ballad of rocco

cleaning out the bureau

architect plans

fire truck

Getaway vehicle

Burea raid

wrap up

Reuniting the family

Reasoning for order

I put all the FIB stuff back to back and decided not to reunite the family until after ballad of rocco and FIB heist. Because I think that the phonecall to Amanda at the end of ballad of rocco about michael becoming an executive producer is why the family decided to come back. And plus I don't think Michael would go on a risky heist while his family is back and after he promised to stay alive.

It makes more sense that he wraps up all the FIB business then goes home a triggers reuniting the family.

doting dad

Legal trouble

Lamar down

meltdown

parenting 101

planing the big one

police stingers

Gauntlet- mission row

Gauntlet- pillbox hill

Gauntlet- Rockford hills

big score

third way/something sensible/times come

Thanks for adding the Epsilon missions.

Are you considering putting Grass Roots, Vinewood Souvenirs, Mary Ann (the athlete) and the rest of S&F missions in the list too?

By the way, isn't "The Long Stretch" missions able after Father/Son and Chop? I got a feeling in the PC version that mission is only available after Marriage Counseling or something, but I'm not sure :p

EDIT: I found "Negativity" first phone session with Dr. Friedlander is missing, among all the other property missions and we should also put which people to deliver to the cult and when.

I also think we should put when to save that girl whose dad gives us 60 000$ and I suppose we should be doing all the other assassination missions after the end of the story to gain maximum profit in the stock market. Hitch Lift 1 should only be done after the assassination missions.

Edited by Hugo_Agante

cp1dell

Those text messages aren't that helpful. You only get those if you reach a point where you HAVE to finish a certain mission before another one.

The same happens if you don't do Lester's first assassination before Blitz play. They're just letting you know you have to do certain missions before moving onto the next "chapter" of the game.

I really like that list someone posted too, since it lists the missions in the order they are unlocked. On top of that, it syncs up pretty well with roe's list.

Makes me wonder if the game's files have the list of missions, and what order those are in. I remember seeing the file because it included removed missions, as well as the final release ones. Would be nice to take a look at that file and see what order the devs listed the missions in.

nWo_Y2J_2015

In this topic I will be attempting to create a "canonical" mission ordering for gta v, so it can be played in a way that gives the story better pacing and it makes the most sense. This topic was inspired by money over bullsh*ts topic in the IV section " the possible trinity" http://gtaforums.com/topic/430301-the-possible-trinity/

obviously it won't be as vast as that list as V's story is more linear but we can still try.

anyway here is the list, I cut it up into parts so it's more spread out. You'll notice that in some parts I will explain the reasoning for the order

Here it is.

Part 1

Prologue

repossession

Pulling favours

Chop

Shift work( s&f)

Complications

father/son

Long stretch

Marriage counselling

Chaos ( therapy)

Friend request

Reasoning for order

I decided to put friend request straight after marriage counselling because I doubt that after michael pulls the house down and gets threatened by madrazo he would go straight home, sit down and watch a movie then go cycling with jimmy, it's more likely he would want to meet lester right away and get the heist prep work underway so he can get the money back to madrazo.

Pulling another favour

Good husband

Pulling favours again

Simeon random event- franklin

getaway driver( random event) franklin

casing the jewel store

Daddy's little girl

Reasoning for order

I put daddy's little girl after casing the jewel store because I think that michael would relax at home and spend some time with his family while lester locates the heist equipment.

Still pulling favours

Pulling one last favour

Bugstars equipment

BZ gas

Jewel store job

Part 2-

Mr phillips

Trevor Philips industries

Rampage 1

Nervous Ron

Weed farm( random event)

Mackenzie airfield purchase

Arms trafficking air 1( propety mission)

Arms trafficking air 2 (property mission)

Arms trafficking air 3 ( propety mission)

Arms trafficking air 4 ( propety mission)

crystal maze

Friends reunited

I put mr phillips and trevor phillips industries back to back and preferably on the same day because I don't think trevor would want to keep his Chinese contact waiting. And while Trevor's meeting with the triads the bikers randsack his trailer.

I put weed farm raid straight after nervous ron because I think trevor would raid the farm to get the funds to purchase the Mackenzie airfield then do some smuggling missions before triggering crystal maze.

Part 3

Fame or shame

Dead man walking

Evil ( therapy session)

threes a crowd

by the book

scouting the port

Reasoning for order

I put dead man walking, threes a company and by the book all back to back to focus on that story arc. Michael has also been away from home a lot during that time. Then I'll do scouting the port after by the book because at the warehouse where you torture mr k you can see the port of Los santos in the background. So I imagine that on the way to the warehouse trevor saw the port and maybe thought it was worth scouting for something to steal. So after dropping mr k at the airport he goes back to the port to investigate but realises only dockworkers are permitted to enter. Then he hears that floyd works at the docks and decides to pose as a dock worker to scout the place. it dosen't really make sense if you do scouting the port before by the book because how would trevor know about the port?. You could of course go around that area in free roam but I think it's better for story reasons for trevor to do by the book first, see the port in the background of the warehouse then decide to go scouting.

Mini sub

Merryweather heist

Did somebody say yoga

Hood safari

Rampage 2

Rampage 3

Hotel assaination

Seeking the truth( episilon mission)

Accepting the truth( episilon mission)

Assuming the truth ( epsilon mission)

Chasing the truth ( epsilon mission)

Bearing the truth ( epsilon mission)

Reasoning for order

I put did somebody say yoga after merry weather heist because during the cutscence of somebody say yoga Amanda says "ever since you pyscotic best pal has turned up you've turned into an even bigger asshole" I think Amanda would say that because michael has been away from home a lot comminting crimes with trevor.

then I put hood safari after MW heist because during the intro cutscence of the MW heist trevor is kind of rude to F and treats him like sh*t like he's a stranger but if you've done hood safari before MW heist then T and F have already been acquainted and it dosen't make sense that trevor would talk to him like a stranger.

then Put hotel assasanation after hood safari because if you do it the other way around it dosen't make sense. Why would F go to his aunts to rest when he has a big ass mansion in vinewood hills and why would chop be there?

blitz play intro

masks

Boiler suits

getaway vehicle

trash truck

Tow truck

blitz play heist

I fought the law

eye in the sky

Mr Richards

Caida libre

Part 3-

minor turbalance

Arms trafficking air 5 ( property mission)

paleto score setup

Predator

Delivering the truth ( episilon mission)

Civil border patrol ( S&F)

Exercising the truth ( epsilon missions)

Special bonds

Bounty 1

Minute men ( S&F)

Bounty 2

Bounty 3

Bounty 4

target practice ( S&F)

Arms trafficking ground 1( propety mission)

Hitch lift to artuist cult

crash rescue( random event)-michael

Arms trafficking ground 2 ( propety mission)

Arms trafficking ground 3 ( propety mission)

fair game ( S&F)

paparazzi( S&F)

deal gone wrong( random event) -trevor

Arms trafficking ground 4 ( propety mission)

paparazzi sex tape

paparazzi meltdown

Paparazzi highness

paparazzi realty check

Arms trafficking ground 5 ( propety mission)

military hardware-trevor

paleto score

Minute man blues (S&F)

derailed

Monkey business

Part 4

hang ten

Rampage 5

deep inside

surveying the score

Bury the hatchet

Pack man

fresh meat

f*cked up( therapy session)

Unknowing the truth ( epsilon mission)

ballad of rocco

cleaning out the bureau

architect plans

fire truck

Getaway vehicle

Burea raid

wrap up

Reuniting the family

Reasoning for order

I put all the FIB stuff back to back and decided not to reunite the family until after ballad of rocco and FIB heist. Because I think that the phonecall to Amanda at the end of ballad of rocco about michael becoming an executive producer is why the family decided to come back. And plus I don't think Michael would go on a risky heist while his family is back and after he promised to stay alive.

It makes more sense that he wraps up all the FIB business then goes home a triggers reuniting the family.

doting dad

Legal trouble

Lamar down

meltdown

parenting 101

planing the big one

police stingers

Gauntlet- mission row

Gauntlet- pillbox hill

Gauntlet- Rockford hills

big score

third way/something sensible/times come

Thanks for adding the Epsilon missions.

Are you considering putting Grass Roots, Vinewood Souvenirs, Mary Ann (the athlete) and the rest of S&F missions in the list too?

By the way, isn't "The Long Stretch" missions able after Father/Son and Chop? I got a feeling in the PC version that mission is only available after Marriage Counseling or something, but I'm not sure :p

EDIT: I found "Negativity" first phone session with Dr. Friedlander is missing, among all the other property missions and we should also put which people to deliver to the cult and when.

I also think we should put when to save that girl whose dad gives us 60 000$ and I suppose we should be doing all the other assassination missions after the end of the story to gain maximum profit in the stock market. Hitch Lift 1 should only be done after the assassination missions.

Sorry for another quote, but hopefully someone adds those things you mentioned into the list. Only problem with what's in bold^ is after Casing the Jewel Store and Michael calls Franklin, the set-up(s) appear almost immediately, or they did for me anyway.

Edited by nWo_Y2J_2015

cp1dell

Found that file: "missions.xml"

They aren't in any specific order.

It's off-topic, but I did find it interesting what two of the endings were titled as

VOID Finale 1 - Kill Trevor 
VOID Finale 2 - Kill Michael 

And Option C is just titled as:

Finale - Save Michael and Trevor 

There are designed initials for each mission too. Both Option A and B have

<designerInitials>CV</designerInitials> 

where Option C was designed by someone different:

<designerInitials>RoB</designerInitials> 

Anyways, again I like this mission order

According to this page, the missions in chronological order are like this...
-snip-

Only things that are missing are Franklin's assassination missions.

I know you get different conversations based on what mission you do the therapy sessions after, but do the conversations sort of stack? Take "Evil" for example. It can be done after "Fame or Shame," "Dead Man Walking," or "Blitz Play." Obviously depending on which mission you just did, Michael will talk about that one. But if you do it after "Blitz Play" will he talk about all three missions?

If so, than I would find it appropriate to do each therapy session after all the mentioned missions in the session, so you can hear everything.

EDIT: Looking at it again, it's actually not that close to roe's. I sort of just skimmed over it earlier.

Edited by cp1dell

Schismatist

Hmm... I don't really see a point to this, and I don't think that's just me being dismissive. The Possible Trinity guide for IV is amazing and I'm going to be playing through it again with this method with my girlfriend soon, but I don't see how this works the same way for V. V is one story with three protagonists while IV and it's DLCs are separate stories with their own protagonists that can be played at their own pace. The very purpose for The Possible Trinity was to show at what pace the stories would all go at together. But V is just one story, and you can't just do Franklin missions and ignore Michael missions, things are just unlocked after you beat one mission, and if there's multiple missions you have, well, that's just your decision where the story goes next. I don't think there really can be a definitive path for the story like there can be with IV. Even the Possible Trinity in IV can be disagreeable, as not all missions have to be one after the other, there's always liberties that can be made, you could even save all the Brucie missions for the very end of the game.

cp1dell

It's all about the pacing and context of the story. We're just discussing a certain order to play the missions that would work if the story was more linear, and you didn't have the freedom to choose what mission strands you wanted to do. People did the same for Red Dead Redemption, and that worked because certain missions would reference other missions and characters, regardless on whether or not those events had taken place yet, or John had met that character. They were oversights, but there was definitely a "better" order to play the missions to avoid those hiccups.

That's kind of what people are doing with V right here. The easiest example I can refer to is in the beginning with Pulling Favors. Tonya will mention she hasn't seen Franklin around the hood, and he will tell her he's trying to branch out a bit more. If Franklin hasn't met Michael, and he's just been doing stuff with Lamar in the hood, this doesn't really make sense. Or when Michael first talks to Lester and he's told to come visit him so they can figure something out for a score. Obviously Michael's current objective is to go visit Lester and sort thing out, instead of going home to watch a movie, get mad, and go to the pier with Jimmy.

Just little things like that to keep the story's pacing in order. Yeah there isn't a definitive path, but this topic is just to find a more "suitable" one.

It's trying to fit missions in certain areas. Like, at what point is Franklin doing these assassinations for Lester? Yeah they can be done all at once, or at the end of the story, but there is most likely a point in the middle of the story where he isn't doing stuff for Michael, Trevor, the FIB, or Devin Weston that he has time to do these assassinations.

EDIT: Another example, is doing Hood Safari after the assassination missions. Franklin's safehouse isn't located at his aunt's anymore, it's in Vinewood Hills. This makes things a bit odd in Hood Safari if he's going to his old safehouse to rest (like in the early Lamar missions) and getting dragged into some gang stuff, when he has already moved into his new place. Again, it's just small things like these that can be avoided by ordering the missions in a specific way.

Edited by cp1dell

Hugo_Agante

Any news on how to order S&F missions, Altruist Cult deliveries, first phone session of Dr Friedlander, etc?

Mc_Marston

I don't see how the Altruist Cult has much of an impact story wise, but I think it's likely Trevor would take the drunk couple to the cultists before he heads to Los Santos seeing as tho Ron has emailed him about the cults paying for people.

Edited by Mc_Marston