2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Should the Camera Lock in DMs, Races etc. be removed?

Jags666

I play in 3rd person view. Tried the 1st person but did not like and could not get to grips with it. Some people will probably prefer the first person view and that's fine.

However, I don't like the fact that someone else can dictate how I view my game using the Camera Lock option. Setting the parameters of a Races, DM etc is one thing. Controlling how and what I see affects the way I play.

This option should be left to the player to choose not the host. This for me is like someone else choosing your controller sensitivity, button layout or not having inverted axis when flying. These are personal preferences that you modify/choose to suit your own game playing style in order for you to be comfortable in playing the game. So is the 1st/3rd person camera view.

I would prefer this option be removed but am I alone in that fact or do people find this option adds to the game experience?

• Like 3

I agree. I hate it when some people force 1st person view in a deathmatch, especially those such as Getaway, and The 80's Turf War. It's very disorienting, and difficult to control, at least for me.

I don't mind it, but when it's forced on me, I really find it difficult to compete.

I must admit, if I notice the option in lobby, I will back out - I hate 1st person view that bad - but you don't have that option from quick play, you tend to get launched in to the race or whatever so I try to do my best as I don't like quitting out when the activity has started.

Edited by Jags666

xInfamousRYANx

No it "evens" the playing field. I find most hosts wont lock the view but if there wasnt a locked view but you made a race specifically for first person you cannot trust everyone to use fp so you lock it. People in 3rd person have more situational awareness and if you are trying to make a fp event that ruins it for everyone using fp

Although i wisht for fp deathmatches there was an option for forced FP third person cover. Fp cover is very poor

Edited by xInfamousRYANx

I personally don't like the option but understand why it is there. If I start a mission and didn't notice that it is first person only, I either go AFK or just kill myself and back out. They can leave it but don't be surprised when people do what I do.

No it "evens" the playing field. I find most hosts wont lock the view but if there wasnt a locked view but you made a race sepcufically for first person you cannot trtrust everyone to use fp so you lock it. People in 3rd person have more situational awareness and if you are trying to make a fp event that ruins it for everyone using fp

Fair point - I honestly hadn't thought of it from that angle (no pun intended).

There's no choice for me. Being in first-person view, in this game on PS4, gives me motion sickness. There are a few other games that have the same effect as well, and it's not always first person view.

So if I find my view has been forced to first person, I simply leave the mission. That's all there is to it, it's just that simple. Being in first-person view for even a few minutes will make me feel queasy for an hour or two, and I'm not going to allow myself to be made to feel ill just because some host felt his way to play the game is the only way.

I think it should be locked out if matchmaking is open or automatic. Similar to how you can't change the race type once inviting people. I think it's fine for private matches and stuff even though I think it's stupid as f*ck.

There's no choice for me. Being in first-person view, in this game on PS4, gives me motion sickness. There are a few other games that have the same effect as well, and it's not always first person view.

So if I find my view has been forced to first person, I simply leave the mission. That's all there is to it, it's just that simple. Being in first-person view for even a few minutes will make me feel queasy for an hour or two, and I'm not going to allow myself to be made to feel ill just because some host felt his way to play the game is the only way.

But then you get bad sport for leaving the mission which is why I just AFK or kill myself. If somebody is going to force their view on me, they'll have to deal with the loss of lives or no help.

I can't play 1st person. It makes me carsick. But last week a guy locked it in before a bike race and I held first place until he nipped it at the finish line.

I saw it as an extra challenge and enjoyed the temporary change.

Look at the settings when you joing, you can quit if you don't like them.

I always quit when I see catchup on.

But then you get bad sport for leaving the mission which is why I just AFK or kill myself. If somebody is going to force their view on me, they'll have to deal with the loss of lives or no help.

I occasionally leave missions when the need arises, such as for the reason I mentioned. I occasionally blow up other players' cars. I've never been classified anything other than a "clean player". I'm not worried about it...I'm not going to waste my time hanging out in a mission that makes me feel physically uncomfortable. Just seeing it on screen, even if I'm not actively playing, is a problem for me. I'm not going to allow myself to feel physically ill for anything.

Maybe there needs to be tweak so that the camera mode (if locked to a particular view) is displayed in the invite or, more importantly in my case, the quick job notification.

This would allow players to be forewarned and not waste people's time, both invitees and those already in lobbies, having someone leave because of the camera set up.

Ai®a©ob®a

Although i wisht for fp deathmatches there was an option for forced FP third person cover. Fp cover is very poor

Same with missions, I hate FPV so much in GTA that i'll leave if the host locks it.

Maybe there needs to be tweak so that the camera mode (if locked to a particular view) is displayed in the invite or, more importantly in my case, the quick job notification.

I don't think that'll matter unless they make it so the host has to mark the setting and won't let him go back after he selects em cause all he has to do and i've had this happen many times the host will wait til the last second and lock it in FPV