3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA online missions?

TheGuyBehindYou

TheGuyBehindYou

So me and my friend started playing Online but I don't understand something. Can we play a mission together like in Singleplayer or is everything against other players? I always thought there would be coop missions or thigns like that but everything requres other players to join. Also besides Team deathmatch, races and last man standing, is there anything else we can play?

TheGuyBehindYou

Do contact missions. They are co-op.

At what rank do you unlock contact missions and heist?

Contact missions unlock at level 5. You get them in your phone from Simeon (later other contacts). Heists unlock at level 12 once you buy a high-end apartment, but I suggest you wait with those 'till higher levels, when you got better weapons. Then there's survival, which you unlock at level 15. Otherwise there's alot to do. As you level up you'll get phonecalls from various contacts telling you you just unlocked a new activity (like parachuting at around lvl 15) and freeroam side-objectives (like gang attacks). If you need to level up until level 5, rob some stores including losing cops, it should give you about enough xp to get there. Might take longer if you didn't do the tutorial, which is a very unwise move.

TheGuyBehindYou

Contact missions unlock at level 5. You get them in your phone from Simeon (later other contacts). Heists unlock at level 12 once you buy a high-end apartment, but I suggest you wait with those 'till higher levels, when you got better weapons. Then there's survival, which you unlock at level 15. Otherwise there's alot to do. As you level up you'll get phonecalls from various contacts telling you you just unlocked a new activity (like parachuting at around lvl 15) and freeroam side-objectives (like gang attacks). If you need to level up until level 5, rob some stores including losing cops, it should give you about enough xp to get there. Might take longer if you didn't do the tutorial, which is a very unwise move.

Thx I got the call from Simon now, but how the hell do I start the mission... My friend joined my server but when i go to email or messagesthere is nothing there, no option to start the mission. How do we start this?

It's not the phonecall. If you're talking about the phonecall with the cutscene, that's not it. That's a contact introduction (you'll see more of this later). What you should get at any point now is a job invite. It does NOT show up in Messages or Email, instead it shows up in Jobs (middle app on the phone, where you get all other job invites from other players). Like you would see any other player's invite it will look the same (Name, mission name, amount of players and a picture of the player), replaced with Simeon instead of a player. You won't get one right away. Stay in a freemode session and you should see that characteristic 'Beep' when an invite comes, with in your bottom right corner "Job Invite, Simeon, (mission name) 1-X players (Small description of the mission that looks like it should have been cutscene dialogue). Hope I explained well

TheGuyBehindYou

It's not the phonecall. If you're talking about the phonecall with the cutscene, that's not it. That's a contact introduction (you'll see more of this later). What you should get at any point now is a job invite. It does NOT show up in Messages or Email, instead it shows up in Jobs (middle app on the phone, where you get all other job invites from other players). Like you would see any other player's invite it will look the same (Name, mission name, amount of players and a picture of the player), replaced with Simeon instead of a player. You won't get one right away. Stay in a freemode session and you should see that characteristic 'Beep' when an invite comes, with in your bottom right corner "Job Invite, Simeon, (mission name) 1-X players (Small description of the mission that looks like it should have been cutscene dialogue). Hope I explained well

Thx for the help, I understand now.