2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How Do You View Online Free Roam Players?

AncientAttero

AncientAttero

Here's a open question to the community of GTA Online: How do you view or treat players in Free Roam?

Do you hunt down people unprovoked?

Do you only kill when provoked?

What do you think the other person is thinking? Killing or being killed?

Do you find it fun or aggravating?

These are just examples. But I want to hear your opinions, views of GTA Online. I'd also like to keep this free of any hate or bashing. After all, it is a game you play for fun.

Any red dot, I pretty much kill if it's somewhere near me. White dots, if I'm bored, I might chase them around a bit (shoot the tires out and chase them around for a while).

Any skull, I go and get the bounty, if it's fairly near me.

Any player in a jet/heli running around firing missiles, I take down.

Free roam people are just having some downtime, really, I don't kill anyone who's not shot at me first unprovoked, or isn't red/skull.

If someones being a real dick. I set a bounty, send a mugger and run them down. And that applies to squeakers who don't shut up.

Everyone is target practice.

• Like 3

All Those Chickens

Many, many free roam players end up being trolls or screw bags, I avoid everybody at all costs. Red dots, white dots, you name it. They're all evil.

They all hate me.

It's even more annoying when your random heist crew finishes a setup, we all spawn in free roam and you're slaughtered by just about all three of them.

I think GTA:O free roam is WW3. I don't want any part of it.

So anyway, my general view on free roam players is that they're all trolls or screw bags, or both.

kalebobasheesh

Some days I just ignore everyone and go around minding my own business. Some other day I might go on a manhunt and try to wreck any nearby player just for the fun of it. Then again some other time I am nice and try to meet new people.

So, yeah, I got no strict policy for anyone. We should all just play the game the way we like and that's it.

I generally never shoot anyone unprovoked, but something magical seems to happen when two people get in a car together... they just start blasting on everyone for no reason.

Most of the time i'll roll up to someone and honk my horn. Like the mouth-breathers they are, they get out of their car, painfully fiddle with their controls and pull out a rocket launcher/gun, and try to shoot at me. I'm doing absolutely nothing, i could have killed them 15 times over in the time it took them to select a weapon, but i'm still not firing, and yet they still persist and try to kill me for no reason.

Most of the time i drive away, other times i kill them, but when i do, they usually give chase and harass me or invite me to private death matches.

I don't know why people are so f*cking retarded online. There's absolutely nothing fun about driving around in circles in free roam and gunning people down, running away from the cops, eventually dying from 5 stars, then doing the same thing again.

• Like 3

Shadowfennekin

Untrusthworthy. I always turn Passive on when I plan on playing Heists as I ALWAYS seem to get stuck with assholes who shoot everyone once it's over. It's practically a race to who can get out a gun fastest once we're back in FR. If it turned off, I quickly got out my shotgun and head towards my car. If I hear gun shots, I'll turn around and shoot. If not, I'll just go on my way

• Like 1

DISTRICT7642

If i drive past/see another player (i don't care if he/she is a low rank player) and the player starts shooting at me or at my car i'm driving, i'll kill him/her.

Most of the time i give other players the benefit of the doubt.

I avoid red dots.

Unless I see a green or blue circle around the dot indicating friend or crew I'm shooting them if they come near me. Unless they use their mic to communicate that they're not hostile which even then I may shoot you since that can be some bullsh*t.

I just avoid most people and go out in passive mode because it seems like 95% of them shoot on sight and want to blow up or kill anything that moves. If there is anyone especially annoying I will follow them in passive mode holding the horn.

treesnogger

PvP and shooting mechanics in this game are too lacklustre for me to enjoy random shooting other players. So if I get thrown into random lobbies passive mode it is, otherwise crew sessions.

People playing that way though - if they have fun doing it, more power to them.

SirPhilMcKraken

I wont go after white dots unless they come after me. Hell, even pinkish dots I will let live. Red dots though, you've been a naughty little boy and need punishing with a sniper bullet to the face.

I just avoid most people and go out in passive mode because it seems like 95% of them shoot on sight and want to blow up or kill anything that moves. If there is anyone especially annoying I will follow them in passive mode holding the horn.

That sounds exactly what some passive mode troll did to me and my friend a few days ago... This is what we did to him.

JaegerPilot1

I am in defense mode all the time. I have been killed before for not even getting in someones car with them. You cannot trust anyone.

I'm always on passive but when I feel like it I'll collect a few bounties and a couple free roam battles. If there's a jet in the air I'll probably try and take it out.

RocknRumble

Eh, can't trust a soul. I'm starting to develop a kill on sight mentality because everyone in the game has something up their sleeves, and it's typically in the automatic category.

That sounds exactly what some passive mode troll did to me and my friend a few days ago... This is what we did to him.

That works but I only do it to people who are really obnoxious for one reason or another. Or just really stupid, like shooting me when I come out of my garage or just being a tool. I'm not dumb enough to drive through a gas station though, I'd just sit on the street honking since you're still within range to hear me be annoying lol

SO NIce!!!!!

I've got tons of footage killing passives, If I get the time I'm gonna edit it this summer

It was big fun back when you could kill them with the helicopter blades or the fire truck!!

They're all griefers!!

0_0_24.jpg

Edited by TheHammer

I generally never shoot anyone unprovoked, but something magical seems to happen when two people get in a car together... they just start blasting on everyone for no reason.

Most of the time i'll roll up to someone and honk my horn. Like the mouth-breathers they are, they get out of their car, painfully fiddle with their controls and pull out a rocket launcher/gun, and try to shoot at me. I'm doing absolutely nothing, i could have killed them 15 times over in the time it took them to select a weapon, but i'm still not firing, and yet they still persist and try to kill me for no reason.

Most of the time i drive away, other times i kill them, but when i do, they usually give chase and harass me or invite me to private death matches.

I don't know why people are so f*cking retarded online. There's absolutely nothing fun about driving around in circles in free roam and gunning people down, running away from the cops, eventually dying from 5 stars, then doing the same thing again.

It goes back to their earliest life influences. Way back when they were in daycare, these are the same people who found out (usually from an equally worthless peer) that they could spell "DICK" with the wooden blocks, and they just kept doing it, all day, every day, laughing like Beavis and Butthead, until an adult came along and put them in kindergarten. Simple minds are easily amused.

:p

Edited by saintsrow

I don't really bother, at least until I come across an asshole. If I do this first thing I do is pause, go into players and find them to check their status so I know if they're a clean or dodgy player. If they're dodgy and they're still doing it later, I go to them in my most expensive car and let them blow it up a lot of times hoping that they'll get put into bad sport, I think it's worked a few times as well, once or twice one of these players has left the session right after destroying my car a few times, and this was while they would've been still on the respawn screen.

Can someone here clarify that if they can? How do you get put into bad sport, do you get kicked immediately or does it happen the next time you turn your console on?

Just for the record, don't judge my methods. if you're to be a douche to the rest of the lobby who aren't at all provoking you then you deserve to be with your own kind.

DentureDynamite

I don't trust anyone--white or red--but I keep an eye on the reds for sure.

Anything I want to get done safely and without interruption is done in an Invite-Only session. Otherwise, public server = expect absolutely anything to happen, and try not to get ticked off if it does.

Or get revenge. lol

I usually end up at one or two rooftops and watch people through my scope. lol

If I see 2 or more people attacking 1 person I get myself into the fight and help the 1 dude.

Worst case scenario I gernade everyone until my crew members show up and then its a giant mess or we go do missions.

They're All Ants to me, nothing but insects who i can wipe out of existence the moment i feel like it.

All Those Chickens

They're All Ants to me, nothing but insects who i can wipe out of existence the moment i feel like it.

Wait...

Aren't you supposed to be all loving? I'm having doubts...

TheNameless

Depends on my mood, it varies from actively avoiding any confrontations, to attacking anything and everything that moves.

But I do love sniping wall breachers, the amount of 'aimbot hacking cheater mod' messages I've had...