2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Digital Foundry Analyze the PC version of GTAV -WARNING: Will upset so

Ash_735

So Digital Foundry have finally put together their look at the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V and compared it to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One version of the game, the results are very surprising, and will actually upset some users here, you can read the full article here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-grand-theft-auto-5-pc-face-off

Main points worth noting though in regards to content:

It's an extravagance, no doubt, and it brute-forces the PC to a far higher plane of image quality than the console's 1920x1080 output with FXAA. However, this high level of image quality also plays to the PC's other main advantage: its extended draw distances. Unlike the console editions, an advanced graphics menu offers up a separate distance scale that, at 100 per cent, renders objects across Los Santos at a bewildering range. With resolutions of 1080p and above, it's a crucial addition in a release where details further afield are subject to closer scrutiny.

The results speak for themselves. As you can see in our head-to-head videos below, the impact across plant-life in the outback areas is most noticeable. PS4 and Xbox One already look superb in this regard (with PS4 taking a lead in overall plant density). But in terms of draw distance, the PC fills out all distant hillsides with ferns and grass tufts that otherwise go barren on console - at least from afar. The world is far richer, as you'd expect, and though the gains around the downtown area are small, the views possible with the PC edition on the map's outskirts are impressive.

But what of world quality when viewed up close? As touched on in our original performance analysis, the basic set-up on PS4 and Xbox One starts with the 'high' preset across most settings. This applies to water, shader effects (as used for rain splatter), tessellation, and also ambient occlusion quality. However, based on close observation of all three games, the console releases also throw some ultra settings into the mix.

First up, both consoles match the DirectX 11 ultra setting on PC for post effects - a preset that enables the same depth of field effect. In its basic form this incorporates bloom, crepuscular rays and lens flare, but the top preset here has a huge effect on 1GB cards like the R7 260X - keeping any hope of 60fps at bay once engaged. There's no substitute, though; to match console quality, it's an essential checkbox that needs ticking to prevent Los Santos from appearing too plain at a distance.

Another surprise is in how texture quality compares. It seems PS4 and Xbox One didn't compromise on normal map quality on release last year; they offered the complete package right out of the gate. This matches the PC's very high setting, even factoring in the parallax occlusion maps on brick walls and the pebble-stones lining Michael's garden. Given that this, along with its draw distance sliders and post effects, marks one of the heaviest taxes on GPU performance, the console versions come off more impressive on hindsight.

This gives the PC less to boast about in terms of core assets, perhaps. However, it does have one obvious ace in the hand: texture filtering. At low angles, both Sony and Microsoft's platforms produce an exact match for the 4x anisotropic filtering option, causing a blur to creep across floor textures a few metres ahead. On PC this is solved at minimal expense to the GPU by cranking the dial up to 16x. It's a simple tweak, but the pay-off when playing the game at 1080p upwards makes this a noticeable shortcoming if left to the console standard.

As for foliage, this is also kept at very high settings for console (one short of the PC's demanding ultra setting). PS4 matches this preset to a tee, while dropping to high strips out shadows beneath most plants, and medium gives us a barren wasteland equivalent to the last-gen look. Xbox One doesn't fit into any of these categories directly however. Though foliage density is reduced on Microsoft's platform, it is essentially using a cut-down variation of the PS4's very high setting, with all shadows engaged on nearby plants. Consider it a halfway step.

Speaking of shadows, we're back in high preset territory on console here. Unlike the PC's very high setting, PS4 and Xbox One use a much narrowed frustum - essentially an invisible cube around the player that determines the point at which shadows are filtered. This smaller field is noticeable on console, and creates more evident filtering to the screen's edges when walking past long shadows. The PC version disappoints too, with a filtering technique that barely improves this even on its best preset. Of the very few gripes we had with the current-gen release, we hadn't expected this one to re-emerge on PC.

In terms of geometry, console detail is identical to the PC's across the world, outside of a drop from very high tessellation to just high (a barely noticeable difference). However, the PC's real advantage is in its density of objects. Though tricky to judge by eye, consoles use between 75 and 100 per cent of the population density slider (and 100 per cent on the distance scaling bar), which fills the streets and pavements with NPCs. At peak, the PC is teeming with pedestrians that edge out the bustle on console, with rows of parked vehicles that don't manifest at quite same scale for PS4 or Xbox One.

Putting aside the stutter issues in its v-synced mode, Grand Theft Auto 5 is a quality release on PC. Despite the game's staggered launch, almost 18 months after last-gen versions, the PC at least gets the attention it deserves. Every version to date has impressed, but in the PC's case we have the true pack leader, and its GPU benchmarks at peak settings are sure to give upcoming GPUs firm workout. More than that, Rockstar's multi-platform wizardry here sets a high bar of expectation for whatever project it pursues next.

So there you go, yes PC wins, but "sh*tty consoles" are nowhere near as low as you thought. :) Rockstar did an amazing job in that regard.

Kaito Katsumi

So Digital Foundry have finally put together their look at the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V and compared it to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One version of the game, the results are very surprising, and will actually upset some users here, you can read the full article here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-grand-theft-auto-5-pc-face-off

It's an extravagance, no doubt, and it brute-forces the PC to a far higher plane of image quality than the console's 1920x1080 output with FXAA. However, this high level of image quality also plays to the PC's other main advantage: its extended draw distances. Unlike the console editions, an advanced graphics menu offers up a separate distance scale that, at 100 per cent, renders objects across Los Santos at a bewildering range. With resolutions of 1080p and above, it's a crucial addition in a release where details further afield are subject to closer scrutiny.

The results speak for themselves. As you can see in our head-to-head videos below, the impact across plant-life in the outback areas is most noticeable. PS4 and Xbox One already look superb in this regard (with PS4 taking a lead in overall plant density). But in terms of draw distance, the PC fills out all distant hillsides with ferns and grass tufts that otherwise go barren on console - at least from afar. The world is far richer, as you'd expect, and though the gains around the downtown area are small, the views possible with the PC edition on the map's outskirts are impressive.

But what of world quality when viewed up close? As touched on in our original performance analysis, the basic set-up on PS4 and Xbox One starts with the 'high' preset across most settings. This applies to water, shader effects (as used for rain splatter), tessellation, and also ambient occlusion quality. However, based on close observation of all three games, the console releases also throw some ultra settings into the mix.

First up, both consoles match the DirectX 11 ultra setting on PC for post effects - a preset that enables the same depth of field effect. In its basic form this incorporates bloom, crepuscular rays and lens flare, but the top preset here has a huge effect on 1GB cards like the R7 260X - keeping any hope of 60fps at bay once engaged. There's no substitute, though; to match console quality, it's an essential checkbox that needs ticking to prevent Los Santos from appearing too plain at a distance.

Another surprise is in how texture quality compares. It seems PS4 and Xbox One didn't compromise on normal map quality on release last year; they offered the complete package right out of the gate. This matches the PC's very high setting, even factoring in the parallax occlusion maps on brick walls and the pebble-stones lining Michael's garden. Given that this, along with its draw distance sliders and post effects, marks one of the heaviest taxes on GPU performance, the console versions come off more impressive on hindsight.

This gives the PC less to boast about in terms of core assets, perhaps. However, it does have one obvious ace in the hand: texture filtering. At low angles, both Sony and Microsoft's platforms produce an exact match for the 4x anisotropic filtering option, causing a blur to creep across floor textures a few metres ahead. On PC this is solved at minimal expense to the GPU by cranking the dial up to 16x. It's a simple tweak, but the pay-off when playing the game at 1080p upwards makes this a noticeable shortcoming if left to the console standard.

As for foliage, this is also kept at very high settings for console (one short of the PC's demanding ultra setting). PS4 matches this preset to a tee, while dropping to high strips out shadows beneath most plants, and medium gives us a barren wasteland equivalent to the last-gen look. Xbox One doesn't fit into any of these categories directly however. Though foliage density is reduced on Microsoft's platform, it is essentially using a cut-down variation of the PS4's very high setting, with all shadows engaged on nearby plants. Consider it a halfway step.

Speaking of shadows, we're back in high preset territory on console here. Unlike the PC's very high setting, PS4 and Xbox One use a much narrowed frustum - essentially an invisible cube around the player that determines the point at which shadows are filtered. This smaller field is noticeable on console, and creates more evident filtering to the screen's edges when walking past long shadows. The PC version disappoints too, with a filtering technique that barely improves this even on its best preset. Of the very few gripes we had with the current-gen release, we hadn't expected this one to re-emerge on PC.

In terms of geometry, console detail is identical to the PC's across the world, outside of a drop from very high tessellation to just high (a barely noticeable difference). However, the PC's real advantage is in its density of objects. Though tricky to judge by eye, consoles use between 75 and 100 per cent of the population density slider (and 100 per cent on the distance scaling bar), which fills the streets and pavements with NPCs. At peak, the PC is teeming with pedestrians that edge out the bustle on console, with rows of parked vehicles that don't manifest at quite same scale for PS4 or Xbox One.

Putting aside the stutter issues in its v-synced mode, Grand Theft Auto 5 is a quality release on PC. Despite the game's staggered launch, almost 18 months after last-gen versions, the PC at least gets the attention it deserves. Every version to date has impressed, but in the PC's case we have the true pack leader, and its GPU benchmarks at peak settings are sure to give upcoming GPUs firm workout. More than that, Rockstar's multi-platform wizardry here sets a high bar of expectation for whatever project it pursues next.

So there you go, yes PC wins, but "sh*tty consoles" are nowhere near as low as you thought. :) Rockstar did an amazing job in that regard.Totally agree with you. We need people to be kind souls to educate about pros of PC gaming instead of pushing master race into people's throats. A fair developer, advantages, but same game. I hope rockstar continues this effort, if they do i dare say people pirating their games will be cut down by at least 25%.
  • Like 2

TheMostKnowledgable

Yea, I am interested in this, will take a look. The consoles aren't sh*tty. Not yet anyway. and they handle this game pretty well, but side by side is a big difference. The main thing going for PC right now is that this game only needed 4 generation old hardware to basically/nearly max out any setting you'd expect to be able to in a game like GTA @1080p. I never use MSAA in other games, but on a 960, I'm running it 4x jag-free and the distance is much much clearer and more populated with further drawing details than the console images.

DX12 is going to be a big game changer in future titles. You're going to see the divide better than ever at that point, because the improvements DX12 do to PC are moot on consoles because consoles already have the main optimizations coming with DX12 to windows. Phil Spencer, when asked "Will be it like a new gpu in xbone?" He said no, because the performances increases coming to windows by putting code closer to metal are something that has always been in the consoles.

Now, all the sudden, these 660's from 5 years ago are going to be even more capable than they already are - already running GTA V at higher settings than the consoles do.

You defend the living f*ck out of consoles, and I really don't know why you do. I'm not being smarty pants with you, I just want to understand why you defend the consoles so fervently.

For the hardware that is in them, they are overpriced. They are basically low (now) end PC's and came out as mid range (and remember sony said PS3 was a PC for while there before discontinuing Linux support on it - why would they say that unless they wanted to appear like a better-than-console-because-it's-a-pc to people?)

They bully developers with offers they can't refuse, the developers make less per sale with them, you don't get to take your library with you on a new console but I keep my steam library and any other PC game through upgrades - the list is literally too long to even go into, I'm sure you've heard it all before.

This is the jitterbug:

96Ti33I.jpg

It is a cell phone for old people and kids. Comparing it to a normal cell phone or a smartphone, that is a console.

Reading now, thanks for the share.

No offence, but this is like the fifth post of yours I see you trying to convince us the console version is 'not that bad', who cares?! It almost seems as if you were trying to convince yourself with these posts, honestly, I thought the PS4 version looked good, but the 30fps cap is a deal breaker for me (i can't get fully immersed this way -but that's just me-) Interesting read nonetheless, thanks!

Edited by lydianduck

If you don't like it, report me, I'm just here to counter the "MASTER RACE" types in the same way I talk facts whenever I see an idiot console fanboy running their mouth. Master Race people are a toxic that is polluting the real PC Gaming, the kind of people who seem to take pride in bashing consoles and talking down and constantly promoting about how much better PC Gaming is and how brilliant Steam and Gaben are the saviors, etc. Truth is, we're closer than you think brothers.

• Like 7

If you don't like it, report me, I'm just here to counter the "MASTER RACE" types in the same way I talk facts whenever I see an idiot console fanboy running their mouth. Master Race people are a toxic that is polluting the real PC Gaming, the kind of people who seem to take pride in bashing consoles and talking down and constantly promoting about how much better PC Gaming is and how brilliant Steam and Gaben are the saviors, etc. Truth is, we're closer than you think brothers.

Jesus... who gets upset about someone comparing their toy to yours? This is the kind of sh*t I used to fight about in elementary school.

Who says I'm upset? I just enjoy seeing the chaos of fanboys digging their own graves and acting high and mighty, to the point where they refuse facts, even after this you'll see posts by PC users screaming "LOL CONSOLES ARE ONLY NORMAL SETTINGS, sh*tTY CONSOLES, PEASANTS!", etc, etc, as for your point, trying to convince myself, what would I be convincing myself of? I don't own a PS4, I bought the game on PC, I skipped the middle step, but could still appreciate the amount of work Rockstar were doing in those versions and how impressive it was.

I'm not being smarty pants with you,

Trust me, reading your previous posts, you being "smart" is actually a big joke, so please, go ahead, try and be fake smart again, I could do with a laugh.

Edited by Ash_735
  • Like 2

Kaito Katsumi

Conclusion:

Stop bashing consoles like an ass, instead start educating.

Consoles are not bad, just not as good as PC.

Different people have different preferences, but that does not justify bashing.

End of discussion.

• Like 8

Of course PC wins.

Let's not forget about mods.

Edited by funmw2

Truth is, we're closer than you think brothers.

If you don't own a ps4 why would you say this?

-edit- Aghh, now im in this conversation with you, this is so retarded. It's a waste of time, your time, my time; I just don't see how adopting a position of countering the 'master race' as you put it, is productive in any way, most of those people are internet trolls and you're giving them the attention they want anyway!

Edited by lydianduck

TheMostKnowledgable

Who says I'm upset? I just enjoy seeing the chaos of fanboys digging their own graves and acting high and mighty, to the point where they refuse facts, even after this you'll see posts by PC users screaming "LOL CONSOLES ARE ONLY NORMAL SETTINGS, sh*tTY CONSOLES, PEASANTS!", etc, etc, as for your point, trying to convince myself, what would I be convincing myself of? I don't own a PS4, I bought the game on PC, I skipped the middle step, but could still appreciate the amount of work Rockstar were doing in those versions and how impressive it was.

I'm not being smarty pants with you,

Trust me, reading your previous posts, you being "smart" is actually a big joke, so please, go ahead, try and be fake smart again, I could do with a laugh.

It's funny because I often think the same thing about you when I come across your posts. :p

Anyway, here's a bunch of glaring differences from the video on the thread article:

lol. Not just the grass on the hill, but the filtering down. PS4 only looks like PC "very close", anything even slightly far away is jagged and low detail. they got it to work by lowering a bunch of settings. That tire tread isn't even on a glaring angle:

509d17274285d9e7114c2b00673835a4.jpg

Less pylons holding up the pier? Maybe. Certainly less jaggies on the edges of everything else

ced78a84b1e25fdd5a62c61c4faebc0b.png

Better lighting and shading model, most notable on the trees and that ubergrass down there on the river edge. Shadows are very low quality on console in comparison as well, more noticeable in other places of the vid:

d302a4fa88062d1224bc60acb8512c96.jpg

Here we see a good example of how it may look the same up close, but in the distance is washed out blurred poorly filtered textures and added depth of field to help cover it up. Chops fur looks real on the PC, on the left, it looks like velcro or something. This is because fur effects benefit greatly from downscaling:

6dd20c917295c37d0d0df5080667b97e.jpg

There's those mip-super-close and blur-to-hide it and the jags again:

b1847c511b46cf765214293af25d3c08.png

Console hair looks like poop splatters, PC hair looks like real hair:

e583b38c010d4cfddea95483537f3bea.png

Again higher quality shading and lighting, again more sharp textures, hair, and more, like for example the depth of the shading on self shadows. You can see gradient and contours on the right, on the console on the left, it's basically just a single shade that only fades at the edges of the shading:

68487d6b9c5f9f4300e6f117c0102bf7.jpg

Supa dupa blur:

90ae6e90288488951ca212569596e52b.png

Self explanatory rails:

5cf304b47b6c52240e502d6156548e4b.png

Edited by TheMostKnowledgable

Uncle Sikee Atric

So there you go, yes PC wins, but "sh*tty consoles" are nowhere near as low as you thought. :) Rockstar did an amazing job in that regard.

Ah, I see Ash is on the bait again....

Just because it's been compared at a scientific level now, we are supposed to be upset? Well, maybe the 'Master Racers' will be, but me, not bothered at all....

I am just glad that whatever platform it is, we can all now enjoy GTA V together, and at a level we will all be impressed at.

Other than that, why worry?

• Like 6

MOaRJRr.jpg

hardly upsetting, they are very close. its undeniable that detailing on PC version is more crisp. somethings just cant be seen with comparison screens/videos is the gamplay that takes hold.

i've played both ps4 and PC, and its better gameplay on the PC IMO.

It's nice to read some reasonable comments here for a change from users who arn't complete idiots, except for that one guy who tries too hard to come across as smart, who got laughed out of the modding section by the way.

Edited by Ash_735

I'm interested on the "PS4 settings for PC" subejct

Textures and grass at very high, shadows at high, post processing at ultra and 4x anisotropic. FXAA, 1080p. Is that it?

TheMostKnowledgable

That's the second time you said that - put your money where your mouth is - where was I ever laughed out of the modding section? If you're talking about that quilted texturing technique, it's there, no one in the modding section even knows about it yet...

If the best you have is unrelated remarks and insults to support your points, why even pose the argument in the first place? You're really not as smart as you think you are. You're basically going to very disappointed come the year end, when you see what is next for GTA V, let alone upcoming titles.

Remember;

Over time, downloadable content and programming changes will change the system requirements for this game.

The DLC that causes changes in specs, will result in only downgrades on the consoles, while PC players will either lower settings or enjoy the *FREEDOM OF CHOICE* to upgrade. And don't expect "programming changes" to improve the look of them. Again, PC players will need to lower settings/stay where they are, or upgrade - but you won't have that option.

Did you say that you do not even own a nexgen console, while in the same thread say "We're not that far apart!"

And yes, we are that far apart. Do you want me to show you the staggering difference between 5 year old gtx660 and the gpu's in the consoles?

I'll show you anything you want to see, provided you grow up a little with the way you conduct yourself in a debate. Currently it's going like this:

1: Ash starts a topic to talk sh*t on PC in the PC section and his own link clearly states that the PC is the definitive version and points out that the game is mostly "high" with a few very high and ultra settings on consoles. Ash says they are basically the same. No, they aren'y.

2: I say a bunch of insightful stuff and ask why you defend consoles as if they are in any way equal to a pc - they are not. In every single possible way you can possibly bring up (i dare you, go ahead, try), the PC trumps the console. In Every Possible Way. And I don't care about halo or the last of us, please don't talk about "exclusives". Or killzone and uncharted for that matter. And I won't bring up the entire genre of MMORPG's and other PC exclusives. Deal? They're garbage reasons to buy a platform. No single game, exclusive or not, is a reason to buy a 500 dollar platform. Especially when the games are usually overhyped garbage that are only popular because first party marketing says so and the people who actually fall for the "console market" buy into it, because, that's what they do, I guess.

3: Ash insults me.

4: I show that the video has glaring differences

5: Ash again avoids the facts and decides to insult again.

6: I post this. Ball's in your court. I hope 7th step is better than 3rd and 5th, I feel like I'm saying "the sky is blue", and you're telling me I'm "wrong because I'm a poopyface" - it's not productive and is kinda really only making my points stronger (the lack of intelligent debate and the fallback on insults likely provides third eye readers with the insight that you have no return to this input anyway)

• Like 3

Graphically, PS4 isn't that much far behind PC. But contribute other factors like framerate. A GTX 750 Ti paired with a Haswell i3 can easily outperform a PS4 using the same graphics, although with it hovering around 40, I'd better off locking to 30.

Grass is between High and Very High. I'd lean towards to High, but the plants dont have shadows that way?

Ahh TheMostKnowledgable, again time and time again when you are proven wrong, you run away from threads only to reappear in other threads later on spouting the same bullsh*t, fact is, you know jack sh*t, and like 11 times now we've countered you on it and you run off when proven wrong, how about that time when you said Rockstar made san Andreas on PC 25fps on purpose? Or how about when you tried to argue frame latency is actually how long a GPU needs to render, etc. You appear to be Knowledgable because you use fancy words, when really, for those of us that know this sh*t, you just appear like an idiot who just read a few articles on Wikipedia. STOP. Ok? Spreading your bullsh*t lies, you're really just another Master Race type who praises his Lord Gaben, you were even trying to force people to buy games on Steam making out it's for the best for Rockstar, etc.

Dude, you know jack sh*t, and when we call you out on it, you run away like a bitch, and then try that same sh*t in another thread.

• Like 2

Over time, downloadable content and programming changes will change the system requirements for this game.

The DLC that causes changes in specs, will result in only downgrades on the consoles, while PC players will either lower settings or enjoy the *FREEDOM OF CHOICE* to upgrade. And don't expect "programming changes" to improve the look of them. Again, PC players will need to lower settings/stay where they are, or upgrade - but you won't have that option.

Did you say that you do not even own a nexgen console, while in the same thread say "We're not that far apart!"

And yes, we are that far apart. Do you want me to show you the staggering difference between 5 year old gtx660 and the gpu's in the consoles?

You're seriously talking off your ass now. First of all, most graphical downgrades seen on console versions of GTA V are due to R* infamously poor coding of updates. Last gen versions of GTA V now looked as good as 1.00, and current gen versions of GTA V are back to its original state in terms of graphics.

GTX 660 is from 2012, and directly competes with a 7870, PS4's base GPU. PS4 is not far behind PC's very high.

• Like 2

TheMostKnowledgable

Ahh TheMostKnowledgable, again time and time again when you are proven wrong, you run away from threads only to reappear in other threads later on spouting the same bullsh*t, fact is, you know jack sh*t, and like 11 times now we've countered you on it and you run off when proven wrong, how about that time when you said Rockstar made san Andreas on PC 25fps on purpose? Or how about when you tried to argue frame latency is actually how long a GPU needs to render, etc. You appear to be Knowledgable because you use fancy words, when really, for those of us that know this sh*t, you just appear like an idiot who just read a few articles on Wikipedia. STOP. Ok? Spreading your bullsh*t lies, you're really just another Master Race type who praises his Lord Gaben, you were even trying to force people to buy games on Steam making out it's for the best for Rockstar, etc.

Dude, you know jack sh*t, and when we call you out on it, you run away like a bitch, and then try that same sh*t in another thread.

Links please. prove it. Is english your native language? You are wrong about everything you are saying right now, and if you're not, then prove it. Just prove it. It's not hard. Prove your claims, like I Always Do. My claims prove themselves. With time. Let alone verifiable facts I share - please, link me to the 11 times you're laughed at me and ran me off. Let's go. Show me how much you think about me and count my posts.

Uncle Sikee Atric

Oh god.... Another thread of actual use decends into a moanfest and bitchslapping session....

I'm out!

MOaRJRr.jpg

I'll show you anything you want to see, provided you grow up a little with the way you conduct yourself in a debate. Currently it's going like this:

1: Ash starts a topic to talk sh*t on PC in the PC section and his own link clearly states that the PC is the definitive version and points out that the game is mostly "high" with a few very high and ultra settings on consoles. Ash says they are basically the same. No, they aren'y.

2: I say a bunch of insightful stuff and ask why you defend consoles as if they are in any way equal to a pc - they are not. In every single possible way you can possibly bring up (i dare you, go ahead, try), the PC trumps the console. In Every Possible Way. And I don't care about halo or the last of us, please don't talk about "exclusives". Or killzone and uncharted for that matter. And I won't bring up the entire genre of MMORPG's and other PC exclusives. Deal? They're garbage reasons to buy a platform. No single game, exclusive or not, is a reason to buy a 500 dollar platform. Especially when the games are usually overhyped garbage that are only popular because first party marketing says so and the people who actually fall for the "console market" buy into it, because, that's what they do, I guess.

3: Ash insults me.

4: I show that the video has glaring differences

5: Ash again avoids the facts and decides to insult again.

6: I post this. Ball's in your court. I hope 7th step is better than 3rd and 5th, I feel like I'm saying "the sky is blue", and you're telling me I'm "wrong because I'm a poopyface" - it's not productive and is kinda really only making my points stronger (the lack of intelligent debate and the fallback on insults likely provides third eye readers with the insight that you have no return to this input anyway)

...So your reading comprehension is on the same level as your "Knowledge" then, aka, total sh*t. When did I ever say They are the same? I said they are closer than master race types thought, people here, including yourself, said the consoles were just "Normal" and that they couldn't handle the level of detail from the additional settings on PC. I highlighted BOTH where Consoles matched up AND where PC was better, including, get this, AF, which is all you've shown in your barrage of screenshots trying to "prove me wrong", go ahead, look at the OP, did I not highlight the Ace in the Hand for PC Gamers in the form of AF? ;)

Dude, you ignore when we point out your sh*t and then you get on your high horse and try and claim to be the better person, but again, you;re just making yourself look like a smug c*nt.

Links please. prove it.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/714694-v-pc-modding-discussion/page-44?do=findComment&comment=1067320219 Edited by Ash_735

TheMostKnowledgable

Ummm, PAL video format is 25fps. And that is why San Andreas was 25fps on PS2, Xbox, and PC. It is typical for games to be 25 or 50fps in the UK. It always has been. Do you think that just because you say something it makes it true?

Do you f*cking honestly think Rockstar North put a delay in the game on accident? It was to appear more filmic, they talked about it when the game released ffs.

You are a toxic gamers man, pure and simple. As many bleeped out words as letters in your posts. I'm sad for you, that you really think you're knowledgeable. You don't bother me, but just so you know, you're projecting right now. Go look in the mirror, Ash. Because you're projecting.

I bite my tongue and completely avoid calling out your posts more times than you're aware. Toxic gamer.

...jesus you are a f*cking idiot, go back to the thread, look at the comments, we're laughing at you bro, you're a jack ass.

Hey, part 2, remember when you were CERTAIN the graphics on consoles were downgraded because the hardware couldn't handle it? Remember how much you was fighting on that stating how true it was because the consoles were weak, etc, and then how quiet you went AFTER Rockstar patched the graphics back to how they should have been AND no had a better framerate?

edit: Before you run off again, I'm actually extending out an invitation to you, come to the modding section, really, come on over, we could really benefit from your "Knowledge", if you're so certain you're right in all this, then you can make your stand with people who actually know how to do sh*t, come and tell us how to do things brother. Oh wait, you won't, you make sh*t up and then deflect when called out. Still, if you ever find your balls, the offer is still there, maybe you'll actually learn something. :)

Edited by Ash_735
  • Like 3

TheMostKnowledgable

You are the only person deflecting here, Ash.

You are a toxic gamer, a bad attitude mr-know-it-all, and that's exactly why you attack me for my name. Deep down inside, you are threatened by me, for whatever childish reason, I don't know and don't care to guess. PAL format is 25 and 50fps. That is why SA was 25fps. Again, do you think the frame delay was an accident? no, it was intentional, my son.

You project your own shortcomings. I've done no deflection. You have. Start back at the beginning of the thread. Read it. Look at points about your post, and proofs that you're full of sh*t - now, look at how off topic you are in your own thread.

I don't even know why I'm still here - you are baiting me "before you run off" - well now I have to stay in here and continue to point out that everything you try to say about me, is true about YOU?!

And GTA Modding? lol, this is 2015 kid. Unreal is free. Unity is free. There's even an engine made by GTAModders who grew up and decided that mods are a waste of time and talent, especially for a game that is harder to mod each time around.

You are everything you try to call me, and that is the funny part. Who deflected in this thread, Ash?

Who fell into personal insults and avoided the facts and images being posted in favor of childish insults?

Who has made this post be written at all?

Who turned this personal?

Who deflected and went off topic?

That was... you.

Grow Up!

Now I will leave the thread - please don't summon me again unless you're actually going to address the content of my posts on the topic at hand, and not try to judge the content of my character without even knowing me, just to avoid the facts!

Stick to the topic at hand, I don't need the extra attention, though I am flattered!

01afb04247b051d229b345bca05362b2.png

Again dude, if you're so smart, come to a section of the forum that won't treat you like a special snowflake. You seem to think it's just me saying these things when it's community findings, etc, so, come and prove us all wrong, if you do, I will genuinely be impressed.

I don't mind if you're being a clueless dick, but the one thing that seriously annoys me about you is that you then try and pass this off on other people as fact, you;re trying to spread mis-information and wrong values, that sh*t is annoying, which is why each time you try and appear smart to people, I reply, because if you post bullsh*t, I'm gonna call you out. Again, what's my proof and findings? Everything in the OP bar two sentences is from the DF article, my statement was that the console version and PC version are a lot closer in terms of graphics than people here originally thought. Again you ignore that I already pointed out in a highlight that the PC version has much better AF, your pictures are mostly showing said better AF, so what exactly was your point in calling that out?

But again, please, you're using that as a cop out, come to the modding section, explain to us, I am really looking forward to that.

PS: I know I'm a Dick, at least I don't try and hide it and pretend to be something I'm not, unlike you.

Edited by Ash_735
  • Like 2

Knock off the bloody argument for god's sake. Feel free to take it to PM, but keep it out of here and get back on topic, will ya?

Edited by Andreas
  • Like 5