2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Savage vs Buzzard

RyanBurnsRed

RyanBurnsRed

What's the difference between these two helicopters combat wise of course, and why is the Savage more expensive?

ryanburnsred.gif

The Savage can continuously fire rockets without stopping.

The Savage has explosive cannons like the Lazer and Hydra.

The Savage is bigger and takes longer to gain speed/slow down but is overall faster(may be wrong on this part, it's what it seems like from personal use).

RyanBurnsRed

Interesting. I noticed that two players can be inside of the Savage. Does the guy in the back get to do anything?

ryanburnsred.gif

Charles_Lee_Raye

Interesting. I noticed that two players can be inside of the Savage. Does the guy in the back get to do anything?

Look cool

RyanBurnsRed

Well then....

I was leaning towards the Buzzard for the longest, but the continuous rocket fire of the Savage sounds pretty cool. And the explosive canon .___.

Think I'll buy that instead of the Buzzard then. Thanks for the info guys.

Edited by RyanBurnsRed

ryanburnsred.gif

streetx1xracer

Well then....

I was leaning towards the Buzzard for the longest, but the continuous rocket fire of the Savage sounds pretty cool. And the explosive canon .___.

buzzards copilot- able to rain down rockets

savage copilot- able to jerk off.

Buzzard- agile, fast and small

savage- large, easy target, not as agile (close to cargobob's agility)

Buzzard- everyone's exposed because there's nothing protecting you

savage- more protection against player

• Like 3

Savage is ultimately better against AI, and is far better armed then the Buzzard. However, the Buzzard is one of the fastest, most maneuverable helicopters in the game, whereas the Savage is literately as bad as a cargo bob. It should be noted that people sitting on the sides of the Savage can use RPG's and Snipers/Heavy Snipers. The savage also boasts the fastest explosive cannon in the game (think laser). It can fire missiles at a continuous rate without stopping. The only downside of course is its lack of armor and horrible speed.

Edited by oidgod

LivingDynamo

whereas the Savage is literately as bad as a cargo bob.

No it isn't. It's slower and less agile than the buzzard, but it's still faster than quite a few of the worse helicopters.

• Like 3

CrysisAverted

The Savage is bigger and takes longer to gain speed/slow down but is overall faster(may be wrong on this part, it's what it seems like from personal use).

You're on point but the Savage is slow as hell

The Savage is nice, great fun for missions with infinite ai

The Buzzard will surely win in an aerial battle though, it's more agile and can actually dodge homing missiles, it's faster and of course much smaller making landings easier.

Edited by CrysisAverted

KornbreadMaf1a

Savage is ultimately better against AI, and is far better armed then the Buzzard. However, the Buzzard is one of the fastest, most maneuverable helicopters in the game, whereas the Savage is literately as bad as a cargo bob. It should be noted that people sitting on the sides of the Savage can use RPG's and Snipers/Heavy Snipers. The savage also boasts the fastest explosive cannon in the game (think laser). It can fire missiles at a continuous rate without stopping. The only downside of course is its lack of armor and horrible speed.

Pretty sure you can use sniper/RPG's in the back of all the helicopters.
  • Like 3

CrysisAverted

Pretty sure you can use sniper/RPG's in the back of all the helicopters.

Indeed you can

Edited by CrysisAverted

Buzzardslaughter

I can almost go on non stop killing sprees with the savage.

HOWEVER, if you can't get atleast 10 kills with a buzzard you won't get

Over 5 with the savage . If you can't fly the buzzard you def won't be able

To handle big brother.

• Like 2

I have both and being totally honest the buzzard is the better machine.

Once you take into account the short range of the cannon and lack of turning on the savage means you'll never use the cannon it has nothing. Even in missions the buzzard will complete the mission more quickly every time. In freeroam, no contest at all the buzzard is far more potent.

The only good alternative is the Valkyrie which is certainly better than the buzzard but it's useless solo. Well unless you block the pilot door and use the side gun as a mounted minigun solo in missions.

I highly recommend the Valkyrie if you have a gunner / gunners. You can fly around freeroam in that uncontested so long as no one gets in a hydra.

Edited by elfoam
  • Like 2

I got the Savage just for grinding missions, great fun if friends have aircrafts as well.

My limited experience with both aircraft has me believing that the Savage is a lot less durable than the Buzzard. You can collide with stuff and not blow up as easily as with the Savage - which I do a lot in the Buzzard ...in missions ...when I'm dicking around shooting NPC cars on the highway to pass the time when commuting from point to point.

I got the Savage just for grinding missions, great fun if friends have aircrafts as well.

Bought the Savage on 1 character and tested on Judging the Jury, Extradition and Mixed up with Coke, the Buzzard was faster every time

I thought the savage cannons would be better in MUC instead of trying to get missile lock on the trucks at the site, but not so

Extradition and JtJ cover long distances and the Buzzard is just way faster.

2nd character will pass on the Savage

Look cool

And can take control of the aircraft if the pilot decides to bail out. (You need to be high enough for it to work)

Buzzard is small enough to fit to the street level in LS.

Savage isn't. Both helis ATM will explode from a single homing missile, but Buzzard have better chances to evade it.

• Like 1

awesomefoot

Well then....

to add to this...

Buzzard - One RPG and you're done. Able to avoid relatively well (once you get the hang of it) them due to its agility and speed. Well, especially against other Buzzards or even homing launchers or RPGs. Not to much against the Savage due to its sheer firing power.

Savage - One RPG and you're done. Not very good at avoiding them due to it's lackluster speed and agility.

Buzzard: Has skids underneath, making it a lot easy to land even on average banks such as the vineyard or slightly slanted roofs such as Lester's Warehouse.

Savage: Has wheels, making it slightly more difficult to land as it not only can slide fairly easily on landings, but it also can't be parked in a lot of the places the Buzzard can or at least with near the ease.

Granted on the last one, a lot of players never seem to bother landing choppers so it really depends.

Personally, I think it boils down to what you plan to use it for mostly. If you plan on going psycho in freeroam, the Savage is probably the better choice especially if you want to do so solo. If you plan on using it to make missions easier (Cleaning the Cathouse, Blow Up I & III, Trash Talk, Mixed Up In Coke, Los Santos Connection) the Buzzard has it beat overall in that department.

• Like 1

GrandMaster Smith

The Savage has a definite learning curve to it's handling. Once you start getting it down though the explosive cannons and endless rockets tears sh*t up. The Savage is really hard to dodge homing missiles with though and the armor is weak.

I have both and being totally honest the buzzard is the better machine.

Once you take into account the short range of the cannon and lack of turning on the savage means you'll never use the cannon it has nothing. Even in missions the buzzard will complete the mission more quickly every time. In freeroam, no contest at all the buzzard is far more potent.

The only good alternative is the Valkyrie which is certainly better than the buzzard but it's useless solo. Well unless you block the pilot door and use the side gun as a mounted minigun solo in missions.

I highly recommend the Valkyrie if you have a gunner / gunners. You can fly around freeroam in that uncontested so long as no one gets in a hydra.

I do missions faster with the Savage. Rooftop Rumble, for example, I don't even need to use the rocket. After i kill all enemies inside the building, I land it on the popular street and wait for the last enemy to come by. Since ive got used to it, it feels like piloting a much lighter helicopter.

The Savage has a definite learning curve to it's handling. Once you start getting it down though the explosive cannons and endless rockets tears sh*t up. The Savage is really hard to dodge homing missiles with though and the armor is weak.

The Savage seems to handle just like the Cargobob, it wouldn't surprise me that the stats are exactly the same

I can pick up Lamar's Bus, the Armored truck etc.. with Bob so the Savage didnt take much time to get the hang of

Edited by TheHammer

Well then....

to add to this...

Buzzard - One RPG and you're done. Able to avoid relatively well (once you get the hang of it) them due to its agility and speed. Well, especially against other Buzzards or even homing launchers or RPGs. Not to much against the Savage due to its sheer firing power.

Savage - One RPG and you're done. Not very good at avoiding them due to it's lackluster speed and agility.

Buzzard: Has skids underneath, making it a lot easy to land even on average banks such as the vineyard or slightly slanted roofs such as Lester's Warehouse.

Savage: Has wheels, making it slightly more difficult to land as it not only can slide fairly easily on landings, but it also can't be parked in a lot of the places the Buzzard can or at least with near the ease.

Granted on the last one, a lot of players never seem to bother landing choppers so it really depends.

Personally, I think it boils down to what you plan to use it for mostly. If you plan on going psycho in freeroam, the Savage is probably the better choice especially if you want to do so solo. If you plan on using it to make missions easier (Cleaning the Cathouse, Blow Up I & III, Trash Talk, Mixed Up In Coke, Los Santos Connection) the Buzzard has it beat overall in that department.

What? Its the total opposite IMO. If you want to go psycho in a savage you're gonna have a fun time. But its far superior in missions.

Shadowfennekin

Savage is quite fun. It's more fun chasing bounties now that I can just fire the cannon and eventually get them.

Great for missions too.

Buzzard is only good to get somewhere fast now, like special crates

TheGoodSgtScooter

You're on point but the Savage is slow as hell

The Savage is nice, great fun for missions with infinite ai

The Buzzard will surely win in an aerial battle though, it's more agile and can actually dodge homing missiles, it's faster and of course much smaller making landings easier.

Every aerial battle I've entered with a Savage against a Buzzard I've won.

"Savage vs Buzzard"

It's like if you compare Dwayne Johnson to Jason Statham. :v:

Had my buzzard since the billionaire days, idk what I would do today without it. It's the perfect chopper to get away from police and do missions with. Free mode etc. only speaking from one side though I am interested in getting that savage to just have it. I don't know how I will like it but I'm glad I had read this topic before I decide.

"Savage vs Buzzard"

Makes no since 0_o we're comparing helicopters not actors . If your trying to be funny why don't you tell us who is in comparison to the buzzard and savage hope the rock isn't the savage. Edited by sh0tyme

What? Its the total opposite IMO. If you want to go psycho in a savage you're gonna have a fun time. But its far superior in missions.

Tell us which missions are faster in the Savage, I've already tested Judging the Jury, Extradition and Mixed up with Coke, Buzzard wins hands down!

Maybe CCIII you dont have to cover much distance

Edited by TheHammer

"Savage vs Buzzard"

Makes no since 0_o we're comparing helicopters not actors . If your trying to be funny why don't you tell us who is in comparison to the buzzard and savage hope the rock isn't the savage.

I did not want to be funny, I have tried to illustrate my point by making this comparison between these two actors. This meant that the Savage is better than the Buzzard.