3. Suggestions

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt

Raavi

From Era, old top, new bottom:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

RT GI/AO is one of those that's easily dismissed as not making a difference (generally, not saying anyone here has said so) but for me it's the best RT there is. Reflections are nice eye candy in certain games but RTGI makes everything feel more natural.

The first pic differences should be obvious, but notice in the second that the foliage and trees are now lit properly, they practically looks like they're glowing when you compare it to the RT lit foliage. Geralt's armour is also lit properly now, the little overhangs in the armour all look far more naturally lit vs random light from no where

• Like 1

''Content inspired by the Netflix series'' ...soooo, Nilfgaardian ballsack armor? 

It seems like CDPR put a lot of love into this update. I was itching for a new Witcher playthrough earlier this year, and this'll be the perfect excuse for my Geralt to dust off his swords again. 

7 minutes ago, Matrelith said:

''Content inspired by the Netflix series'' ...soooo, Nilfgaardian ballsack armor? 

Also the Geralt armour Cavil wore in the first season (I think second too? not sure). Jaskier alt appearance based on the show as well.

The armour Cavil wore was shown in that trailer, I think.

A few more comparison shots. From Reddit:

njyt93cs9r1a1.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

m1twp46u9r1a1.jpg?width=2560&format=pjpg

xcttp30ibr1a1.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

i88kb40kbr1a1.jpg?width=2560&format=pjpg

Edited by DEADWOODZ
  • Like 2

Creed Bratton

The differences actually look rather massive with these screenshots. We've had glorified paid remasters with less effort put in.

Edited by Creed Bratton
  • Like 1

Again from Era, comparisons w/ slider, from a PC running at max @ 4k.

https://imgsli.com/MTM1Nzk3

https://imgsli.com/MTM1Nzk4

It looks really good IMO. In many ways it's reminding me of the Mass Effect remasters, they've touched it up in all the right places and created the new definitive way to play the game.

• Like 3

I'm not sure if they touched on this on the Redstream, but those pre-rendered cutscenes are now in real-time.

• Like 3

Especially on people like me who applied alternate outfits for Geralt's three women.

My first run, I turned them on, but turned them off around Novigrad-Skellige due to the immersion-breaking outfit changes during these pre-rendered cutscene.

Do you think they will add Netflix outfits for Yen, Triss, and Ciri? I'd like to see them on my 3rd playthrough. I also hope the Netflix outfits aren't disposable, so they better implement transmog, FFS. I really love Season 2 Geralt Armor and they even made the butt-ugly Season 1 armor look miles ahead.

On 11/24/2022 at 3:08 PM, DEADWOODZ said:

I'm not sure if they touched on this on the Redstream, but those pre-rendered cutscenes are now in real-time.

I'm ignorant on this topic. What advantage do 'real time' cutscenes have?

Real time cutscenes mean the game uses your in-game graphic settings for image consistency (important for PC), it also means characters will be wearing the outfits you have them in, be it Geralt or anyone else.

Not all the cutscenes in TW3 are pre-rendered IIRC but there's a handful of them that are.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Real time cutscenes mean the game uses your in-game graphic settings for image consistency (important for PC), it also means characters will be wearing the outfits you have them in, be it Geralt or anyone else.

Not all the cutscenes in TW3 are pre-rendered IIRC but there's a handful of them that are.

Particularly the one where Yen and Geralt get chased by the Wild Hunt (they really reduced the quality in this one), that scene where Triss and the other mages escape Novigrad (it was hella busy with a lot of character models and special effects), and that scene where Ciri has to jump into the portal by the end (they showed this off in the trailer).

17 hours ago, Creed Bratton said:

New screenshot captured on Xbox Series X

https://i.imgur.com/CB4zz7T.jpg

Where do you guys get these screenshots?

As expected, the game looks just as good as it used to be on PC. TBH, when the port was announced two years ago, I did expect graphics from pre-release trailers. In some ways, Ray Tracing makes the lighting better, but the trailers had more particle effects.

13 minutes ago, DODI3OG said:

Where do you guys get these screenshots?

As expected, the game looks just as good as it used to be on PC. TBH, when the port was announced two years ago, I did expect graphics from pre-release trailers. In some ways, Ray Tracing makes the lighting better, but the trailers had more particle effects.

It looks noticably better than it ever has on PC, even w/ mods.

It's not just the lighting it's reflections, new meshes, better textures, new foliage and better draw distance. The slider comparision I linked on the last page has good comparisions. The reflections on the water are a massive improvement on their own lol.

The original early trailers still have those bonkers particles and fire which didn't make their way into the update but that's about it.

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

It looks noticably better than it ever has on PC, even w/ mods.

Sorry, I play on PS and I only ever saw TW3 vanilla on Youtube, so I can't tell how some photos look even better. I did see some guy on Reddit post even photos with even better lighting with mods. Yeah, it's modded, but even then, the next-gen optimizations are probably gonna make other mods look even better, especially atmosphere/weather mods that have realistic color palettes.

Creed Bratton

If it looks this good in screenshots, I can only imagine how good it will look in motion. It's a good upgrade. And even if it weren't, can anyone really complain? It's free, and it comes with additional in-game content. Remember Ubisoft's PAID Ezio Trilogy Remaster? That was an insult. Most of their remasters are an insult.

Man, I never imagined I would try to tackle the monster called WItcher 3 again, because it's too massive and time consuming but...the new update, and I have 14 days of vacation left, and there's not much else going on....

I have a buddy who's never played this and waited for the PS5 version. his hype alone has infected me, I've already booted up my last real save game from 2016 to look how it performs with my newer GPU...will be fun to play with a buddy who's never experienced this masterpeice before.

Will probably never finsish this, but I'm really really craving now....

With the modern gaming industry, I don't know when or if there will be something like this again, so December 14th it is.🤩

I think I've held off jumping back into it since the update was announced in 2020 or so. It's the one game, much like RDR2, that I can sink hours upon hours into.

It will definitely be nice to play over the winter, and now with all the RT stuff included!

Creed Bratton

Even despite the YouTube compression, this is still a pretty decent comparison video between the old version and the next-gen version. Even in the performance mode, without ray-tracing, the lighting seems to be overhauled and the game looks much better:

11 hours ago, Slappy212 said:

Scrotum armor should always be optional

Like all non-B&W and HoS DLC, it definitely is. I am very vocal about my dislike of this armor, but I'm certainly gonna turn it on in my 3rd playthrough. This time, I'm gonna bang Yen and Triss and just be with my daughter who'll probably be as Poly as Geralt.

It's been more than a year since I last dipped my toes into the game (played for about 10 hours last year, on B&W), and I'm still thinking about possible endings.

I'll always go for Dijkstra since I'm more of the respect my adversary kind of guy and I just can't relate that much with the Temerian commandos who were planning to sell out the North for Temeria. I've seen an ending where Emhyr gets hanged, but I'm not sure if Dijkstra wins, that'll be the outcome for Emhyr. I don't want Radovid to win since it'll probably be more dangerous for my non-human and witch friends in that scenario.

Point/question being: Will Emhyr get hanged if I let Dijkstra win?

Here's an online version of the classic Gwent from TW3. I've been playing it for a couple hours now.

https://www.arunsundaram.com/gwent-classic-app/

Edited by DODI3OG
  • Like 1

The simple addiction of raytracing is such a noticeable increase in the visuals that I don't understand why more older games don't impliment it as an "easy" remaster. I know it'll be harder than plugging in RT features and hitting play but yea, RT lighting in particular really changes how a game looks and feels - with a few exceptions, like games that have REALLY good lighting which are few and far between (RDR2 for example).

Edit: CDPR have put out an official post regarding what popular mods work and don't work as of now w/ the update: https://cdn-l-thewitcher.cdprojektred.com/witcher3/the-witcher-3-next-gen-update-mod-compatibility.pdf

Fair few of them breaking but they'll be providing support post-launch so hopefully many of them get fixed up.

Creed Bratton

Jumping in shallow water is a must for me. But that's an easy fix.

There is a new Nvidia Driver 527.56 it adds Raytracing and DLSS functionality to Witcher 3.

biqcrofe.jpg