1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Raavi

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt

Ilya
Posted (edited)

^ Cool stuff.

I wonder if they'll ever remake W1. Guess they'd improve/add side quests, expand maps, and replace W1 Triss' VA and character model with W2&3's. I'd kind of like the pam-pam-pa-ram-revolution rhythmic combat to stay and be improved, but probably unlikely or impossible in another engine.

Recently discovered "modesty mods", and this site has some. But someone jokingly made one for W1's romance cards, and I got it as I'm replaying the series:

bYlyllI.png7Cf2upI.png5KymK7a.png

Princess Adda the clown :p, like a dunce cap for her spoilt-brat personality, which is why I rejected her on 3/4ths of my playthroughs.

Now I'm on a W1 fan-made module called The Crossroads. 17 quests, a reputation system, and several main endings in the style of W1's art cutscenes. One quest has an old cultist lair with a portal guarded by a monster (AKA the kidnapped blacksmith's son), and we: A) kill monster to save village but blacksmith remains depressed, B) kill an arguably innocent and funny old lady (ex-cultist - her humor almost threw me off) to cure monster and get reward from happy blacksmith, or C) ignore lair = monsters slaughter village in the endings. That's a side quest, one not tied to the rep system, tho it does impact another quest where a succubus' ability to turn into a koshchey (if we piss her off) is prevented if the portal magic is active; I suspect that also impacts one of a werewolf quest's outcomes, haven't confirmed yet. Nothing amazing, but a good change from the last module I played where we're stuck in a village as the bridge out is broken, and have to do poor go-kill/fetch-something quests (which I skipped as I don't tolerate poor quest design) to pay the mason who squanders it on booze & hookers and just puts a single board over the bridge :sui::lol:.

Been knocking out the modules over the past few months, eight so far, and previously I'd only ever played the two "official" ones. After that, I'll have a 5th W1 playthrough, 5th/6th W2 run (or 6th/7th as I may have played Iorveth's path once more), and then a 3rd go on W3 maybe late this year - later if I keep putting off upgrading my PC as I'll want to have the big-ass W3 install and mods fresh on the new one.

Edited by Grae

qOjOp

... here Grae, thought you might like this...

Over at The CDPR official site, alot of people including me have voiced our wanting for CDPR to release a Trilogy Set for the Withcher games.

Never know, could happen...

Adrenalist

Beat the standard game a while ago and had a blast doing it!! Loved every second of it. These days, I’ll rarely play a game to completion. It’s hard for games to hold my interest. This one did exceptionally well in this department, one because of the story, and two because of the diversity and huge map to explore. Just an absolutely well balanced, amazing experience. 

Then, I bought the complete edition and thought I could continue the HofS and B&W expansions. Well, it wouldn’t allow me. It said I had to start over. After getting to level 38, and working to explore every nook and cranny, I tried. It auto started me on level 30, and the world just felt different to me. 

The connection I had to the character that I developed in my own story, and the characters I conversed with, were my own. I didn’t want to have to start from scratch. 

I wish they hadn’t made the game unable to recognize previous save data. While it may be an overreaction for me to say this, it’s hard not to see it as a middle finger to the hundreds of hours I had already invested in the game. 

So, while I paid for it, and tried, it looks like I won’t be continuing Witcher 3’s expansions. 

Thankfully RDR2 is about to come out and I know I have that to look forward to!

Darth Yokel
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Adrenalist said:

So, while I paid for it, and tried, it looks like I won’t be continuing Witcher 3’s expansions.

You are missing out on an amazing experience and literally the best storytelling in video games.

Edited by Darth Yokel

Doctor Holliday

Yeah, he'll never know what he's missing, but in the immortal words of Cypher...

feckyerlife
18 hours ago, Adrenalist said:

Beat the standard game a while ago and had a blast doing it!! Loved every second of it. These days, I’ll rarely play a game to completion. It’s hard for games to hold my interest. This one did exceptionally well in this department, one because of the story, and two because of the diversity and huge map to explore. Just an absolutely well balanced, amazing experience. 

Then, I bought the complete edition and thought I could continue the HofS and B&W expansions. Well, it wouldn’t allow me. It said I had to start over. After getting to level 38, and working to explore every nook and cranny, I tried. It auto started me on level 30, and the world just felt different to me. 

The connection I had to the character that I developed in my own story, and the characters I conversed with, were my own. I didn’t want to have to start from scratch. 

I wish they hadn’t made the game unable to recognize previous save data. While it may be an overreaction for me to say this, it’s hard not to see it as a middle finger to the hundreds of hours I had already invested in the game. 

Thankfully RDR2 is about to come out and I know I have that to look forward to!

you can just DL the DLCs and continue that way, thats what i did, no issues. HoS is one of the best stories ever. BoW is the best expansion ever the story is just as good. 

darthYENIK

Blood and Wine is like another game in itself.  Completely worth it.

qOjOp

@Adrenalist...

If you can convince yourself to afford to be missing these... yeah sure...

But you're sure gonna be missing a hell of a lot of gaming immersive experience that

Heart of Stone + Blood and Whine can offer you... just sayin'...

Heart Of Stone - The Contract That Binds Eternal

QmlwzEH.gif

Heart Of Stone - Ghost Hunting

ZFxvaBK.gif

Blood And Wine - Conversate

NhSuDDM.gif

Adrenalist

Hmmmmm....

Ok. You guys are on. 

I will report back. 😉

Thanks for the shove!

Is this The Guy?
Posted (edited)

I haven’t played in a while and am excited to get back into it. I thought about starting over but just decided to load an old save file and start a NG+ instead.

Going to probably go get me grandmaster ursine armor and a few other things before I do

So after all this time I log on to play today, challenge this random vendor in Velen somewhere, and I finally get this trophy

ilc9dx.jpg

Edit: so to answer my own question no the Gwen cards do not carry over to NG+

eh, I think I’m just going to start the game over from the beginning

Edited by Is this The Guy?

Mr. Scratch

I gotta say, never pegged him for a Sapkowski fan, nice to know he was a fan of the books for a long time.

Is this The Guy?

Im all for it.  Give him some gray hair and scar him up a little bit and I think it will be perfect 

Dr.Rosenthal

Man, this game is great. Just found my way to these subforums, though I'm a more frequent visitor of the RDR2/GTAO sections. I just recently finished all quests and have discovered all "?"-locations (I think so, at least) with both DLC. Have owned the game pretty much since release but have taken my sweet time with it. I've started a New Game+, but am a bit held back because of the scope of it all; starting out with Yennefer and in the bathtub at Kaer Morhen and knowing how much is left... I'm just thinking I'll play it occasionally, simply, and probably focus on main quests this time and not as much completionism. I've created an Igni-based build because I love to set things aflame, and seeing my Geralt as a sort of "Mad King".

Anyway. Having played through it all, I gotta say (and this is what brought me here in the 1st place): My #1 scariest monster is the Leshen. I just love the idea too; branches in the shape of a bi-pedal creature, and it's slow movement... there's just something about it that makes it incredibly terrifying.

The Crones might be a close #2. Playing through that passage was disturbing, to say the least.

What is your #1 scariest creature from TW3?

(Very excited about CP2077 too)

Edit: I wish I could share my build but there are so many individual items/character traits that make it, and anyone who's played this game understands that a level difference or some special perk can make an awful huge difference.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

Adrenalist

Okay! You guys were right!!!

I hooked up my ps4s to the internet (for the first time), updated them, and downloaded the Witcher 3 expansions. It was a bit of a pain, I think Sony doesn’t like registering two ps4s on the same ip, and I ended up having to do some research, and doing the 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 secondary dns trick to get them to actually connect to sony’s servers, but in the end, everything worked out. 

Been playing it lately when I’ve the time, it feels wonderful to be immersing myself back in the game again. Just been doing all the side hos stuff before I get into the missions, but want to thank you guys big time!! Not only have you opened the door for me to play the expansion of this, I was able to confidently order the special ed of RDR2, knowing that I’ll be able to download the extras!

Thanks a mil!!! 😎😎😎😎

Edited by Adrenalist

Adrenalist

Just finished HoS

It was a good add on. I thoroughly enjoyed playing it. 

Anselm’s side story made me quite suddenly very fond of the fact that we can collect things automatically by simply standing near them. 🤣

Shani’s boots were really cool (the ones she first starts off with).

O'Dimm made me angry when he left his mark upon Geralt, but his advice on women made me smile in truth, and later I was happily rocking some absolutely dreadful specs far more atrocious than Geralt’s scar. This made O'Dimm's pain in Geralt's ass wane for me a bit, mid play through. 

The heist finale was slightly anticlimactic. It ultimately felt rushed to me at the end. 

“May your beards grow long and never tangle around your ankles,” had me laughing pretty hard. 

The cgi artistry of the Painted World of Iris von Everec was quite amusing. Thought it well executed. 

Very pleasant ride, HoS. Very pleased with the exp!

Next up is B&W, but I’ll have to save that for next year, or so. I’ll go to it straight away when I need a break from RDR2. I just can’t fathom that for quite some time. Will report back when I do get a chance to play it. Thx again. 😉

ARTHUR.
4 hours ago, Adrenalist said:

Just finished HoS

It was a good add on. I thoroughly enjoyed playing it. 

Reveal hidden contents

Anselm’s side story made me quite suddenly very fond of the fact that we can collect things automatically by simply standing near them. 🤣

Shani’s boots were really cool (the ones she first starts off with).

O'Dimm made me angry when he left his mark upon Geralt, but his advice on women made me smile in truth, and later I was happily rocking some absolutely dreadful specs far more atrocious than Geralt’s scar. This made O'Dimm's pain in Geralt's ass wane for me a bit, mid play through. 

The heist finale was slightly anticlimactic. It ultimately felt rushed to me at the end. 

“May your beards grow long and never tangle around your ankles,” had me laughing pretty hard. 

The cgi artistry of the Painted World of Iris von Everec was quite amusing. Thought it well executed. 

Very pleasant ride, HoS. Very pleased with the exp!

Next up is B&W, but I’ll have to save that for next year, or so. I’ll go to it straight away when I need a break from RDR2. I just can’t fathom that for quite some time. Will report back when I do get a chance to play it. Thx again. 😉

Pretty minor HoS tidbit,

Did you manage to pick up the viper gear from the Borsody auction?

Adrenalist
On 10/15/2018 at 6:53 AM, ARTHUR. said:

Pretty minor HoS tidbit,

Hide contents

Did you manage to pick up the viper gear from the Borsody auction?

Yes!!! 👍👏 😀😎