3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Leone Family

[WIP|SA] Grand Theft Auto Québec

Leone Family

I recently modeled a building I found in Montreal on Google Street View and put it in game. Leone said it is OK for the map, so after fixing one issue, I decided to show it to the world :D

Imgur link: http://imgur.com/a/IUppq

Nice job! :) Send me the files and I will try to give you another job to do, if you're up to that of course.

AdrienSpy

I recently modeled a building I found in Montreal on Google Street View and put it in game. Leone said it is OK for the map, so after fixing one issue, I decided to show it to the world :D

The shadows aren't the same that in the original game, do you have an ENB or anything ?

le shark

The shadows aren't the same that in the original game, do you have an ENB or anything ?

I use shadows.asi, ambient occlusion and a nice timecyc. I do not use ENBs because of reflections and performance issues.

AdrienSpy

I use shadows.asi, ambient occlusion and a nice timecyc. I do not use ENBs because of reflections and performance issues.

Ambiant Occlusion ? Sorry for that question but... Is that a graphic card setting or something else ?

Can you give me your shadows.asi config please ?

universetwisters

I really like the building! As simple as it is, it's SA style and it fits nicely. I hope you're down to make more though because if you saw the map, you got some space to fill.

MenuET

Outdated method. How you did it?

Edited by MenuET

le shark

Is there a particular step that you're interested in?

universetwisters

May I ask which method makes it outdated?

MenuET

Is there a particular step that you're interested in?

Send the wireframe, please.

But, besides, its very good for a beginner. There are better tools and methods today, easier ones. No time now but ask me later by PM

May I ask which method makes it outdated?

There are better and easier ways today for making buildings, rather than the Classic 3dsMAX Editable Poly bending.

Edited by MenuET

moosemeat

Hey hey! I hope I'm not bringing this thing back from the dead. Has there been any new stuff in the last year? I've been sporadically looking for a mod that would bring a Montreal map to GTA universe and somehow only found this project today!

I might have a few ideas to offer in the way of environment stuff if you want to keep in the same vein as the original game and sort of parody well known franchises as well as place names.

Also, do you plan to release this in a single chunk or will it be possible to swap out things like the vehicles? While I can appreciate the fact that you have a vision, as a user I would prefer to have the choice here.

Just my five cents, 'cause y'know, Canada got rid of the penny so I had to round up.

Leone Family
14 hours ago, moosemeat said:

Hey hey! I hope I'm not bringing this thing back from the dead. Has there been any new stuff in the last year? I've been sporadically looking for a mod that would bring a Montreal map to GTA universe and somehow only found this project today!

I might have a few ideas to offer in the way of environment stuff if you want to keep in the same vein as the original game and sort of parody well known franchises as well as place names.

Also, do you plan to release this in a single chunk or will it be possible to swap out things like the vehicles? While I can appreciate the fact that you have a vision, as a user I would prefer to have the choice here.

Just my five cents, 'cause y'know, Canada got rid of the penny so I had to round up.

Thanks for your interest!

There has been good work done to the project (like most roads done and more buildings done) about 11 months ago, but since then there was no progression made to the mod, mainly due to having college, a job and other hobbies at the same time. When I started GTA Québec, I was a high school student, and I had plenty of time. But these days, I have a heavier schedule. I don't consider the project to be dead, but it's slowing down to the point where it will never be completed if it continues this way. Also, people who did great work for the project are either doing other things nowadays, or have completely disappeared from the internet. To name a few, universetwisters is busy at his great animated series "Trust The Crust" and it's so great that I sort of don't want to bother him with this mod because I fear it would negatively influence his videos if he takes time away to do some more content for this game. Then there's MenuET who has done such a heavy job with the roads, I don't want to overload him with work especially since I personally have done close to no work at all on the mod for the last 12 months, it would seem kind of lazy for me to ask him for more work at the moment lol. Then there's LeShark, he didn't do a lot of work for the mod but what he did was splendid. And during the last 12 months, we chatted a lot, to the point where I genuinely considered him as a friend, not just some other forumer. But since the last 3 months or so, he went total radio silence and I haven't been to get in contact with him. I had even purchased a PS2 with games for him in the prospect of giving it away to him at his birthday, but not all is lost tough, because I eventually gave the console away to two poor kids in a rural area who lived close to my grandfather.

The game will be released in one chunk, no updates, no beta, nothing. But if you don't like the vehicles, just swap them out individually with other mods or the original vehicles. But in this mod especially, some vehicles will be hard to swap, because I have made a couple of vehicles that have special abilities, tuning parts that aren't in the original game files and even ADDITIONAL vehicles with ID numbers that don't even exist in the original game.

universetwisters

Lol my dude I'm gonna be ending my series soon so if you still need help on this I can see what I can do and stuff like that

Leone Family
On 8/30/2018 at 5:56 PM, universetwisters said:

Lol my dude I'm gonna be ending my series soon so if you still need help on this I can see what I can do and stuff like that

Wot? Why are you ending Trust The Crust? It was such a nice show :)

universetwisters
7 hours ago, Leone Family said:

Wot? Why are you ending Trust The Crust? It was such a nice show :)

Because not a whole lot of people watched it and I want to dedicate more free time to game dev stuff. May as well give them a proper send off as opposed to just abandoning it.

raysaaron

Add the language police

JK

Leone Family
4 hours ago, raysaaron said:

Add the language police

JK

As a quebecois, I genuinely never heard of the "language police" until last year, so it's not omnipresent at all. I am free to speak english at work when I help an english speaking client. I also never got the RCMP bust out my door and swat my appartment every time I use english on the internet.

sh*t, who's knocking on my door?...

Zerdical

Wow I'm happy to see this. It would be nice to experience my home in a gta environment, something I always wanted. But I just saw the screenshots and I'm a bit disappointed. I'm not a fan of the weird graphics enhancer you have and the vehicles should not be real branded cars but keep working on this il definitely give it a download when done

Leone Family
9 hours ago, Zerdical said:

Wow I'm happy to see this. It would be nice to experience my home in a gta environment, something I always wanted. But I just saw the screenshots and I'm a bit disappointed. I'm not a fan of the weird graphics enhancer you have and the vehicles should not be real branded cars but keep working on this il definitely give it a download when done

Thanks for the support! The screenshots are from an earlier build of the game, that's why it still had the original San Andreas map in it. And the goal of the project is to be as realistic as possible, that's why I decided to use real vehicles.

Zerdical
12 hours ago, Leone Family said:

Thanks for the support! The screenshots are from an earlier build of the game, that's why it still had the original San Andreas map in it. And the goal of the project is to be as realistic as possible, that's why I decided to use real vehicles.

Will there be an option to keep the San Andreas vehicles and not use the graphics enhancing mod? 

universetwisters
12 hours ago, Leone Family said:

Any news with the map or still none?

Leone Family
On 1/23/2019 at 8:43 PM, Zerdical said:

Will there be an option to keep the San Andreas vehicles and not use the graphics enhancing mod? 

No, but you can still just mod your game if you want some stuff back.

On 1/23/2019 at 9:22 PM, universetwisters said:

Any news with the map or still none?

Well not really, it's been a year since I did any work on the TC, MenuET did most of the roads, and LeShark has suddenly and completely stopped texting me without warning a year ago, even tough we had become good friends and we were communicating on a regular basis. I still hope to finish the TC one day, but that day gets further and further as time goes by.

Plus, there was this whole sh*tshow in summer '17 that pretty much ended my presence on this forum. So yeah, in some way, AlienTwo and his degenerate SJW army might have contributed in slowing down even more the progress on this mod.

Edit: I'm not trying to put the blame on him, I'm just saying that it is one of the factors that were harmful to my progress.

Edited by Leone Family
Avoiding double posting