Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,694 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Leone Family

[WIP|SA] Grand Theft Auto Québec

Leone Family
Logo without animated flag

qhITDFL.png

Grand Theft Auto Québec is a total conversion mod for Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. At the time I am writing this, the game is in Beta (WIP) version. The final version will include a new map of the cities of Montréal and Laval, some missions, new real-life vehicles, new weapons, new skins, improved graphics, improved physics and more

2017/05/09 UPDATE:

After getting ignored for more than a year, people finally showed interest in this mod again, so here's the new update. Not much has been done but at least there are a few things worth mentioning.

First, I finished the model for the exterior of the "Le 1000 De La Gauchetière" building and the textures are almost done.

admya1t.png

Also there's this mall that was done by universetwisters but that I then reworked to be more accurate of what I wanted. I also started shop signs textures but nothing else for now.

OZcEqvq.png

Other buildings/roads worth mentioning:

The "Centre Bell" but some textures have to be reworked

A8KzV7l.png

Unfinished airport driveway

yccMu0q.png

Unfinished interior

3pG54hC.png

Also I started changing map icons altough I still have a lot more to do and some should be reworked

QtQrMvC.png

Paper stuff:

This is far from new, but because it was never shown to the public, I'm showing it now. At the left is the very first "beta" map. At the right is the current map. Can you spot the 2 differences? :)

Kb5rtEi.jpg

Plans for an interior which can actually be seen in one of the previous screenshots (but in very early development)

V0zlc4r.jpg

Plans for a hoverboat that will replace the Vortex

DYhAlal.jpg

I know that many people in this community prefer kitbash vehicles over real-life cars when it comes to making a total conversion and as I told everyone, I won't use kitbashes and will use real-life vehicles. But that doesn't mean I haven't tried...

KYegyLT.jpg

Now those papers are the story, script, character info and other info concerning the game. I tried to place the papers in a way that it covers most of the important story elements but even there I failed as we can see by the censor bar. lol. But what we can see is only a fraction of the entire script, and a lot of parts are actually not even written yet.

DSGEEgE.jpg

I try not to reveal too much, but at least what I can tell you is that the story is EPIC ASF. I'd make such a good novel author if I used my story building skills for a book!

EzoSI9n.png?1

The team working on Grand Theft Auto Québec so far.

Vehicle desing:

-LeoneFamily

+ Other modders who made some of the vehicles for GTA QC. Their names will appear when I'll have confirmation for the permission to use their vehicles.

Map desing:

-LeoneFamily

-Le Shark

-universetwisters

-MenuET

-Bondergomme

Scripting:

-LeoneFamily

-frank.s

-deltaCJ

Story:

-LeoneFamily

-adrienspy

Audio:

-LeoneFamily

-Jerome

6epGAq1.png?1

This project is currently in version:

Beta 2.1

Things that are done:

-Improved graphics (ENB Series, custom timecyc and lensflare)

-Improved physics (Better animations and car crash physics)

-Better sounds (Car engine, gun fire and menu sounds)

-Conception of the map (What I mean is that the plan of the map is done but the map itself isn't in the game yet)

-Improved effects (Blood, sparks, fire, explosions, clouds, e.t.c.)

-Québec license plates

Things that are partially done:

-Vehicles (Including in-game text names and custom tuning parts)

-Map (Including savehouses, shops, garages, paths for traffic and peds, car spawn locations, weapon pickups, e.t.c.)

-New radio stations

-Objects to be used later in the map

-Custom text font

-Custom menu textures

-Interiors to be used later in the map

-NPC Skins

Things that has to be done:

-Missions (Read section "Storyline")

-New player clothes (Such as cop uniform, ambulance outfit, firefighter outfit, bike helmet, e.t.c.)

Things that I'm not sure to add or not to the game:

-Subway stations

-Hidden collectibles (Oysters, snapshots, horseshoes and graffiti tags)

-New player tatoos

nFPqiAD.png?1

YPTSCjq.png?1

r7flsr0.png?1

The map will be a small version of the cities of Montréal and Laval with a total size that is planned to be smaller than GTA III's map. The whole map will be changed but every object from GTA SA will stay in the game files because they can be reused. Some of the many examples are the vending machines, the park benches, the street lights, and even some buildings. Even interiors will be reused; some of them had already been edited and new interiors will be added later.

LGuQyWI.png?1

Montréal, 2017. During the day, Carl Rousseau tries his best to run a legal business at his garage. All his friends are jobless and his girlfriend earns almost no money being a waiteress. Laval's last abandonned drive-in theather is dead at daylight, but alive at night as it is where the Montréal street racers hang out. This is how Carl and his friends manages to not fall into bankruptcy in a city that worships money and status. But when the repeated attacks of a criminal empire on Carl's gang goes too far, they have no choice than to get even more money, and do full-time illegal business. This is the story of the rise of a gang: The Leone Family.

(P.S.: The Leone Family has nothing to do with the gang of the same name from GTA 3 and GTA LCS.)

Grand Theft Auto Québec will have a short storyline due to the fact that this is just an amateur mod, not a real professional game. Only 15-20 missions should be made. The main character will be called Carl and he will have the same appearance than the original GTA SA protagonist. However, this isn't Carl Johnson but a completely different person. The GTA Québec story is parallel to normal GTA games. It's like if GTA Québec would be part of a different universe than GTA SA. I've simply borrowed CJ's skin and first name for my protagonist.

At this point, the script for most of the missions has been done.

l3ZnF8v.png?1

Now let's talk about our second favorite subject (the first one being women anatomy) which is: CARS! :D Grand Theft Auto Québec will have real-life cars with much more fully-tunable cars than GTA SA had. There will be Québec police cars, ambulance and police helicopter. Some cars will have a Québec paintjob and all cars have a Québec license plate. Most vehicles have already been done at the time I am writing this.

-Cars: 50% Completed

-Bikes: 95% Completed

-Boats: 95% Completed

-Planes: 100% Completed

-Helicopters: 100% Completed

-Trains: 0% Completed (There won't be any train in the game except if I decide to put subway stations)

The ambulance is done (and even downloadable on gtainside.com), some police cars are done, the police boat is done, the Québec army fighter jet is done and the police helicopter is completed.

bA2WEZL.png?1

0iPJnji.jpg?1

HyBr7VC.jpg?1

x56yMK4.jpg?1

rBHOCEu.jpg?1

eGMM9vv.jpg?1

ag4FRrX.jpg?1

UNFINISHED WIP CAR!!!

gc17a5v.jpg?1

UNFINISHED WIP CAR!!!

DtHd3fN.jpg?1

ETd6uvF.jpg?1

a8aR4x8.jpg?1

XAsz0yI.jpg?1

KpyQWGP.jpg?1

4AWebxH.png?1

x0esrqT.png?1

uVa83RA.png?1

EvRYj1J.png?1

JchuHpl.png?1

j7afqQh.png?1

eVkQ6TM.png?1

Tswe1ea.png?1

Anybody can join the project. Helping me with mission scripting, 3D modelling, animation making, voice casting (only if you speak french with a Québec accent), audio editing, texture making or even advertising my mod on other websites will be rewarded. You will then be officially part of the team and your name will appear in the game's loading screens, the intro video and in the credits after the last mission. For those who doesn't know how to script or use 3D modelling softwares, I can teach them how to.

Grand Theft Auto Québec Trailer #13 (Beta 2.0.2)

Grand Theft Auto Québec Trailer #12 (Beta 2.0.1)

Facebook Page (in French)

Edited by Leone Family

Sergiu

This looks a lot like a mod pack/concept.
How much of this stuff have you made from scratch?

Where are the credits for the mods you're currently using in your mod?

Edited by CasualSergiu

Leone Family

How much did you make of this stuff exactly? :)

I use programs like 3DS Max and ZMoldeler. And no, it isn't a mod pack. Remember that those pictures are from the WIP Beta version of the mod.

Sergiu

How much did you make of this stuff exactly? :)

I use programs like 3DS Max and ZMoldeler. And no, it isn't a mod pack. Remember that those pictures are from the WIP Beta version of the mod.

No. I mean, the cars and the first person mod. What about the ENB?

Edited by CasualSergiu

ClaudX

The buildings look self-modeled, so that's a start. You better have permission for everything that isn't yours, but things like this are frowned upon in this community.

Sergiu

The buildings look self-modeled, so that's a start. You better have permission for everything that isn't yours, but things like this are frowned upon in this community.

The buildings look good so that's a start, indeed.

The rest is what worries me.

ClaudX

The buildings look good so that's a start, indeed.

The rest is what worries me.

True.

OP, if you want to impress people with a TC, remove everything that isn't yours and only post what you've made. You'll get a lot more supporters and you won't get into trouble that way.

Leone Family

The stuff that isn't made from scratch are most of the vehicles. The rest of them are made by me and other things like the ENB config, the effects, other textures, and some other stuff are also by me. I did not put credits for those that aren't made by me because it's not sure if they will stay in the game or not. It depends on which ones I get permission to use and those that I don't get permission. They are only there to give a better look of the mod and this is why I did not upload the mod yet.

Leone Family

Oh and by the way, the buildings we see in the screenshots are only a few of those that I am making for the game. I started making the BMO Building, the stock exchange, a safehouse and the Montréal courthouse called the "Palais de Justice" in French.

universetwisters

I tried to send you a message but you couldn't use the messaging system because you're a new member, evidently. Basically, what I can provide are GTA style vehicles and buildings, like what's in my workshop. It's been a while since I've seen a custom TC.

ClaudX

I was going to mention you, UT, just to show the OP what original vehicles he should shoot for. It's kind of nice that you posted here to essentially let the OP use some of your vehicles and buildings to make it more original. It's better than ultra-HD vehicles.

universetwisters

I was going to mention you, UT, just to show the OP what original vehicles he should shoot for. It's kind of nice that you posted here to essentially let the OP use some of your vehicles and buildings to make it more original. It's better than ultra-HD vehicles.

Pretty much yeah, it'd be a lot better using kitbashes as opposed to SUPER DUPER HIGH POLY stuff that looks way out of place.

did you change your name you cheeky c*nt

ClaudX

Them fighting words.

I did. I usually use this name on other things, so I might as well change it here. Take me to court.

universetwisters

Them fighting words.

I did. I usually use this name on other things, so I might as well change it here. Take me to court.

I'll take you to court once it gets made.

Photo-21.jpg

lpgunit

Pretty much yeah, it'd be a lot better using kitbashes as opposed to SUPER DUPER HIGH POLY stuff that looks way out of place.

Or you could hone your skills and study how R* made the default vehicles so you can come up with similarly-styled ones, just like what some dude did with his low-poly renditions of HD Universe vehicles.

Nihilist.

I gotta say, the basic plan for the mod you've got is pretty solid. I really like the map concept - it's not big, so one persistant person can do it. A lot of beginning modders believe they are able to create real life size city, all alone - which is a big mistake, trust me. So, point for you.

However, there's few things I'm really aware of, after reading the first post. First of all, you use content made by other modders. While it's only few vehicles and probably ENB config, the sad truth is, it's all you've got in the game so far. Without permissions, you end up with almost nothing. Two questions come to my mind in this case - "how much YOU've done so far?"and "is it enough to start this topic?".

Other thing is quality of the mod's features - doesn't matter made by you of someone else. ENB config is, well, ugly as f#$k - my eyes hurt. Cars (ambulance is the greatest example) seem to shine like neon signs and absolutely do not fit neither other cars or GTA SA atmosphere. Lykan Hypersport is a cop car for some reason (because of Furious 7, it starts to be overused everywhere - similarly to Skyline R-34, Supra and black Charger R/T with bugcatcher back in the days).

So far, you've shown us two models - and again, there's few things worth mentioning. First of all, they're unfinished. Without mapped textures, they'll be useless. The problem is, we don't know if you have any textures (either made or found) and if you can map models with them.

You say you've started working on new models, but wouldn't it be easier to finish one and then start another? If you decide to work on few things at the same time, expect nothing but chaos in your project.

Also, you may have some serious problems with 2D graphics (not only textures), judging by the first post (logo, characters' profiles). You should take your time and practice. Maybe try to make other things (map?) first, before working with vehicle paintjobs?

I'd really love to see the map come true - personally, I don't care much about storyline, vehicles nor any other feature. You've got an idea and basic plan - make use of it. Besides, you're not going to make anything story related without the map.

Anyone can install new vehicles, we've all seen hundreds of them. But new map... That is something you don't see often. As I said before, you have a good plan and I believe you can model it. It has reasonable size, so... I'd recommend you to focus on that. Vehicles and effects are details - you can easily add them later on.

Good luck - I'm looking forward to see some progress :)

Leone Family

Thanks for your comment. As I mentionned on other posts, the only content that I used from other people are some vehicles and I always planned to ask permission to the authors later. Since I didn't ask yet, I didn't upload the mod yet. The police cars the ambulance and some other cars as well as some other stuff not related to vehicles were made by me. The ENB config was really from me and here's the proof:

http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.php?do=detail&cat=554&start=&orderBy=&id=70643

I "discovered" the existance of the Lykan not because of Fast and Furious 7, I knew this car existed way before that movie came out. And talking about cars, the reason why I started making some cars before starting the map is because of the trailers and the screenshots. What could I have shown about my mod if there would be no new cars and no new map? Anyway, I'm starting to make roads for the map which means you guys could see some new screenshots of the first portion of the map very soon. And I know that I got a lot of unfinished stuff at the same time and the reason why is because if I concentrate on one thing at a time for too long, I'll get bored of it.

Finally, I wanted to know what did you meant by "you may have serious problems with 2D graphics"?

Leone Family

Thank you very much for your offer, but I want GTA Québec to be as close to reality as possible which means real-life cars only. However, buildings could interest me and I would like to take a look at what kind of buildings you made. Could you send links to your mods? Reply to this post or just send them to my email:

[email protected]

And since my GTAForums letterbox isn't activated due to the fact that I'm a new member, you can send your private messages to my email adress.

Whooa that's weird... looks like Quote does not work for me... Anyway, keep in mind that the last message is intended for universetwisters.

TJGM

Please don't double post, just edit your previous post.

Leone Family

Ok, sorry for that.

universetwisters

I sent it to your inbox since you got enough posts just then to earn it.

undertaker fan

I think it would be better to have non real names of places and vehicles.

Nihilist.

Finally, I wanted to know what did you meant by "you may have serious problems with 2D graphics"?

Okay, so basically what I've meant was, you've shown us few vehicles with custom paintjobs and the mod logotype. Judging by their looks, I can say that you're not an experienced graphic designer - of course, with all respect.

In my personal opinion, focusing on paintjobs (which will be in the center of players' attention) at this point seem like a bad move. First of all, as I said, they're going to be in the center of attention - so obviously, they have to look good. Contrary to buildings of bilboards, cars are everywhere and people are going to see them.

If a building texture looks bad, there is a chance someone's going to notice it, but most of the players won't. Look at San Andreas locations for instance - and now modders have to fix all the R* mistakes by themselves :)

Neverless, unless they really want to sightsee, they're probably not going to notice there's anything bad about a bulding, if it's not featured in any mission and/or doesn't look extraordinary.

Second of all, you've spend some time to make paintjobs for the vehicles, but you don't really know for 100% that you're going to get permission(s) from their respective authors. If not (you have to assume that), your work is going to be a waste of time. Simply.

You're not going to be able to use your materials on other vehicles, since they have different mappings. That means, you gotta spend another hours adjusting current textures or making brand new ones.

Third of all, during the work, you fortunately will learn a lot about texture design. It is possible that after a month or two you'll realize that your current materials do not look satisfying to you. It gets only worse if you're a perfectionist - trust me.

In this case, you probably are going to replace old materials with new, improved ones. Of course, it's goint to take some time to create them, right?

universetwisters

Second of all, you've spend some time to make paintjobs for the vehicles, but you don't really know for 100% that you're going to get permission(s) from their respective authors. If not (you have to assume that), your work is going to be a waste of time. Simply.

You're not going to be able to use your materials on other vehicles, since they have different mappings. That means, you gotta spend another hours adjusting current textures or making brand new ones.

That's why I suggested that he could use my vehicles and the likes, because of all the red tape with asking some folk's permission, that and mixing ultra high poly stuff with SA style-everything else is an odd mix. Hell, I started working on redoing one of the squad cars from SA into a Montreal one because boredom.

Original:

Capture-d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran-2014-03-02-

Model:

I3OQ7.jpg

Bondergomme

Meh, need MOAR minivan

SPCUM038_CD.jpg

Well, I could maybe contribute on this mod, maybe even join as a member, but Leone need to re work his project : f*ck the story line and focus on the map, also f*ck super cars (les nid-de-poules would kill them anyway).

And be more clear about the setting. When is the mod suppose to be? in 1992, modern time, 70's ?

universetwisters

HOLY sh*t MOONBEAM COP VAN.

I think he said that once the mod is oplete, he'd do a prequel set in 1970 during the October crisis. IMO the story should be saved for last seeing as trying to work on that before the map is how my old mod failed. That and Rockstar does the same too.

Leone Family

Meh, need MOAR minivan

SPCUM038_CD.jpg

Well, I could maybe contribute on this mod, maybe even join as a member, but Leone need to re work his project : f*ck the story line and focus on the map, also f*ck super cars (les nid-de-poules would kill them anyway).

And be more clear about the setting. When is the mod suppose to be? in 1992, modern time, 70's ?

The mod is set in the present, the main character is born in 1992 and the next GTA Québec will be set in 1970. The storyline is just an idea to add a little bonus to the game when the map will be done. This is why that I only got ideas for a few missions, because it is not important to think a lot about it for the moment. As for the vehicles, there aren't only supercars. There are also lots of cheap cars like KIAs, Hyundais, Fords, e.t.c.

Finally you said you would like to contribute to the mod but what kind of stuff would you like to make exactly?

Bondergomme

Well, I can modeling : Building, vehicles, vegetation, props

rendu_zps5ldkiodc.png

But I'm mostly into kitbashes vehicles

universetwisters

^ Is that Germany? f*ck, that looks splendid. And yeah, at least with most kitbashers on here you don't have any red tape and consistent quality and the likes.

Kafonix

^ Is that Germany? f*ck, that looks splendid. And yeah, at least with most kitbashers on here you don't have any red tape and consistent quality and the likes.

Well, is it? I yet have to see such a beautiful landscape in Germany. Looks more like Italy for me.