2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

who said GTA V's car damage was sh*t

seve7

U knw try placing a car sideways to a wall..then get a truck..do a high speed ram into the side and then comment here how the deformation is...if there is even deformation on the sides

Also try getting a rhino and crushing the car..see if the roof recieves deformation

Edited by Aikor
  • Like 3

The reason why damage was scaled down from IV is that you buy cars now. You would not like to get a new car, then scrape a truck and have to reapair it because the wheel would get stuck immediately.

Crimson Flam3s

It is sh*t. Doors don't deform, roof neither and it takes crashing at 120mph to even put a dent on it. That's without mentioning that crashing cars is not as fun as IV.

Well, I vote for realistic damage, where riding a ditch at 100 kph will break your front axle and you`ll die as a driver. That will also prompt a respawn of a fresh lvl 1, of course. Or 70 kph on a high kerb will break your wheel. Or 60 kph in a wall damaging your radiator and you`ll overheat 50 meters later.

I honestly think the cars just take enough beating not to cause topics like "my car broken down 10 seconds after it took 2 bullets into the radiator" or "my car and the minigun - the story of a whole two seconds".

Crimson Flam3s

Well, I vote for realistic damage, where riding a ditch at 100 kph will break your front axle and you`ll die as a driver. That will also prompt a respawn of a fresh lvl 1, of course. Or 70 kph on a high kerb will break your wheel. Or 60 kph in a wall damaging your radiator and you`ll overheat 50 meters later.

I honestly think the cars just take enough beating not to cause topics like "my car broken down 10 seconds after it took 2 bullets into the radiator" or "my car and the minigun - the story of a whole two seconds".

Or they could have left the amount it takes to damage a vehicle like IV. If you are decent at driving then you won't crash and total your car every 5 seconds.

Sadly some other aspects of the game are geared towards this tank like armor this cars have, enabling the cops to ram you from behind every 5 seconds and crashing everywhere without consequences.

Edited by Crimson Flam3s

Damn it's just a game.

Fun > Realism.

The damage system is fine, I hated IV's because it was way too much.

For me the damage in GTA IV for GTA V is kinda too much because in GTA V the vehicles speeds are too fast and one crash can disable the car completely...if they made the deformation a little stronger but NOT THT STRONG like now in GTA V then it would have been cool

So il prefer a damage system between GTA IV and GTA V

Edited by Aikor

I love how perfect the roof and sides of the car are. You can see a clear cut off point in the deformation.

Spider-Vice

The roof and the cockpit will never get deformed because of FPS mode. They had slight deformation in the PS3 and X360 versions.

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Well in IV if you crushed the roof Niko's head would go through the top, I think thats the real reason its the way it is in V.

The roof and the cockpit will never get deformed because of FPS mode. They had slight deformation in the PS3 and X360 versions.

Good point, imaging driving and shooting with your head sticking through the roof, although we can lean forward now. If we do get deformable roofs, it would be cool if the player leans forward in response to the roof getting crushed.

But you can't deform the doors and roofs because of the cockpit view in the X1-, PS4- and PC-versions

The damage model itself isn't worse than GTA IV and at some details even better but I hate it that when I drive at full speed against a wall my car only gets a small dent at the grill.

Oh and I also hate it that wheels in the singleplayer get stuck so easily and then my car only drives at 10% of the original speed :/

GTA IV

Patriotverkaufen.jpg

GTA V (Last Gen with damageable roofs and doors)

GTA_V_Schadensmodell.jpg

Edited by Nayrox
  • Like 2

jordanpumah

it's in so the fpv view isn't obstructed, seeing as if the roof went into your eyes there would be a bit of a problem, but I personally believe they should have just put us into permanent "duck mode."

• Like 2

Spider-Vice

it's in so the fpv view isn't obstructed, seeing as if the roof went into your eyes there would be a bit of a problem, but I personally believe they should have just put us into permanent "duck mode."

If the front part of the cockpit was crushed, duck mode would also clip through.

• Like 2

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Crimson Flam3s

If the front part of the cockpit was crushed, duck mode would also clip through.

Perhaps they could have left it as an option, If you can't see sh*t then simply change back to 3rd person. It's not like you gonna crush your roof in every single crash every 5 minutes.

jordanpumah

I doubt you could crush that part, it's hard for that part of a car irl to get bent, I don't remember what it's called, but it's a big f*cking slab of metal between the engine and cabin.

RisingRedWolf

I specifically remember being able to smash off other car's wheels in the Xbox 360 version but I don't think I've seen this happen once yet on Xbox One/PC. This shouldn't have anything to do with the damage being limited by the first person view.

Kaito Katsumi

I smell an opinion.

Seriously, its a fact that the damage is toned down by a large margin.

RisingRedWolf

^I did try it, and what I am saying is I haven't seen it happen once on the newer versions of the game. If anyone has seen it happen, please correct me.

Keep in mind, I'm not talking about blowing the car up and seeing the wheels fly off, just ramming them in the right spot while they are still drivable to make the wheel come off. I'd love to know if it's still possible because no matter what I try it doesn't seem to happen for me.

Edited by XBlade1X

^I did try it, and what I am saying is I haven't seen it happen once on the newer versions of the game. If anyone has seen it happen, please correct me.

Keep in mind, I'm not talking about blowing the car up and seeing the wheels fly off, just ramming them in the right spot while they are still drivable to make the wheel come off. I'd love to know if it's still possible because no matter what I try it doesn't seem to happen for me.

Same here, smallest crash on ps3 would knock off wheels but "new" version needs explosive assistance

It is sh*t. Doors don't deform, roof neither and it takes crashing at 120mph to even put a dent on it. That's without mentioning that crashing cars is not as fun as IV.

Yes because what you want in a car based open world game is to crash once at a low speed and the car gets unusable like in real life. That would be the funniest game to play. Oh and as soon as you stole another one you would get caugt by the police and the game would end. Nice concept you got there buddy. Realism FTW ;)

Yes because what you want in a car based open world game is to crash once at a low speed and the car gets unusable like in real life. That would be the funniest game to play. Oh and as soon as you stole another one you would get caugt by the police and the game would end. Nice concept you got there buddy. Realism FTW ;)

but the driving is so easy that there should be some consequence to crashing other than your car exploding

Edited by TaliBong

The first night I played the game, I discovered a small shack next to a radio tower out in Blaine County. All I did was walk up to it and there were 4 guys standing around outside.

1. I discovered how sensitive the peds are...you just f*cking go walking up to them and they get f*cking angry and try to kill you. WTF???? Whose bright idea at F*ckstar was this?

2. So later on, I went back. The peds were gone, but their vehicles were still parked outside. I decided to crash one of them into another until they caught fire and blew up.

It took me twenty f*cking minutes of ramming one SUV into the other before one of them even caught fire.

There has to be a setting in one of the config files that will change the vehicle damage sensitivity like we could in GTA IV.

Not only that, but in GTA IV we could ram a vehicle, and the thing would get knocked out. In this game, you may as well be ramming a 50-ton boulder. The f*cking vehicles barely move when they are hit.

• Like 2

The first night I played the game, I discovered a small shack next to a radio tower out in Blaine County. All I did was walk up to it and there were 4 guys standing around outside.

1. I discovered how sensitive the peds are...you just f*cking go walking up to them and they get f*cking angry and try to kill you. WTF???? Whose bright idea at F*ckstar was this?

2. So later on, I went back. The peds were gone, but their vehicles were still parked outside. I decided to crash one of them into another until they caught fire and blew up.

It took me twenty f*cking minutes of ramming one SUV into the other before one of them even caught fire.

There has to be a setting in one of the config files that will change the vehicle damage sensitivity like we could in GTA IV.

Not only that, but in GTA IV we could ram a vehicle, and the thing would get knocked out. In this game, you may as well be ramming a 50-ton boulder. The f*cking vehicles barely move when they are hit.

the handling.meta file will allow this but first we either need to be able to package the rpf's or load the file from a folder, I tried extracting common.rpf to folder but unfortunately the game won't read it.

I DID IT!

how about instead of crying over a video game go play another you actually enjoy?

theres an idea

how about instead of crying over a video game go play another you actually enjoy?

theres an idea

It's almost like people can enjoy a game while still criticizing some aspects of it!

But who cares, you're one of the hundreds of R* sycophants who infested this forum upon its release who believe the game can do no wrong so you yell at everyone who dares to point out its flaws. You causal fanboys have turned this forum to complete sh*t.